Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Epilogue

7 sections

* Rose and John's Wedding

* Lillian and Adrian's Wedding

* Tie Broken

* Torn in Two

* Secret Island of Dreams

* Fighting for Jade's Heart

* Final Gate to Heaven

Section 1: Rose and John's wedding

song: Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

Butterfly Kisses

There's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven, and she's Daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life, oh but most of all...

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
Walk beside the pony Daddy, it's my first ride
I know the cake looks funny Daddy, but I sure tried
Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must of done something right
To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet sixteen today
She's looking like her Mama, a little more everyday.
One part woman, the other part girl
To perfume and makeup, from ribbons and curls.
Trying her wings out in a great big world
But I remember...

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
You know how much I love you Daddy, but if you don't mind
I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time.
With all that I've done wrong, I must of done something right
To deserve her love every morning, and butterfly kisses at night.

All the precious time,
Oh, like the wind the years go by.
Precious butterfly,
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise, and I'll give her away.
Standing in the brideroom just staring at her
She asks me what I'm thinking, and I said I'm not sure.
I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl,
And she leaned over...

Gave me butterfly kisses with her Mama there
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
Walk me down the aisle Daddy, it's just about time.
Does my wedding gown look pretty Daddy?
Daddy, don't cry.
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must of done something right.
To deserve her love every morning, and butterfly kisses,
I couldn't ask God for more, than this is what love is.
I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember...
Every hug in the morning, and butterfly kisses.

~*~

"Rose!" a voice said as Rose inside though the door was putting on her wedding gown.

"Yes Mother?" Rose replied.

"Sweetie, let me in," Hermione said. She couldn't stand not to help her daughter with her wedding. She had almost tried to arrange all of the wedding plans, if Harry hadn't have stepped in and told her no. She wanted to see her oldest child right now. She couldn't believe she was getting married. Rose, her Rose, her only firstborn daughter.

"No pictures then," Rose said, letting the door open.

"Oh come on Rose," Hermione said. "This moment only comes once or at least it should anyway. I want to capture this moment. Just one quick picture?"

"Mum!" Rose said. "Why? You know I don't like people taking pictures of me. You're lucky I let a photographer take pictures for the wedding today. Actually, you're lucky John convinced me to let the woman take pictures."

"But this is for your only Mum dear," Hermione said. "And I'm not taking no for an answer."

Hermione quickly got out her camera and shot the picture before Rose could say anything.

She is a beautiful bride, Harry thought as he came nearer to the room that occupied Hermione and Rose fussing over a picture being taken. I'm glad she's my daughter.

"Ok you two," Harry said. "Hermione dear, go to your seat. Rose, it's about time."

"Oh my dear," Hermione said, hugging Rose's neck. "I love you so much."

"I know Mum," Rose said. "But I would like to see my wedding before you choke me."

"Oh yes," Hermione said, letting go of Rose. "Sorry about that dear."

"I love you too Mum," Rose said, hugging her Mum's neck in return.

Hermione gladly took her into her arms once again, that is until Harry made Hermione go sit down.

"Well Rosey-Rose," Harry said as he looked at his eldest daughter. "This day has come and it's time that I told you something or rather showed you something."

"What is it Daddy?" Rose asked.

"When the day comes for your second child to be born you must promise me that you'll keep my memory alive," Harry said.

"Daddy, you aren't going to be dead by then!" Rose said. "Why would you say such a thing?"

"Rose, trust me ok? I received a vision or rather my Father came to me in a dream telling me of what was to happen. I am to then finally join my Father at the Potter Swan Manor. My Mum liked swans so she had it in with the name of the Manor. Then after my death, I will watch over you, Lillian, Alex James, and your Mum too. Give your Mum comfort when I do pass. Then when Hermione joins me later on in life, then we'll go on to Heaven," Harry said.

Rose was in tears now.

"Daddy, don't you dare tell me that you are going to be dead when my second child comes. How do you know that I will even have a second child?" Rose said, with tears streaming down her face.

"You will Rose," Harry said. "You'll forget what I've said right now until three months after Elizabeth is born."

"Elizabeth?" Rose asked. "My second child is a girl?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"How do you know that?" Rose asked, drying up her tears.

"Let's just say I received a vision about the future when I was younger, before I asked your Mum to marry me," Harry said. "Now promise me that you'll help your Mum out when that time comes."

"I promise Daddy," Rose said. "But I don't want you to go. You can't go!"

Rose went into tears again.

"Rose look at me," Harry said, as he lifted her head up. She had been in his arms while she cried. "I love you. But I can't change the fate that has been set before me. I see that I will have to perform a little memory charm on you."

"No Daddy," Rose said. "I promise I'll help Mum. And I'll do my best not to think about it from now on until the right time comes for me to think about it again."

Harry took her back into his arms and said, "I love you Rosey-Rose."

"I love you too Daddy," Rose said.

"Ok, now go fix your make-up right quick," Harry said.

In a matter of a few minutes, Rose had gotten her make-up fixed and then took Harry's arm. They proceeded to the last corner of the stairs and stopped, giving clue to the pianist to start the Wedding march.

Harry looked at Rose and then they stepped off.

They made it down to the alter, or rather the fireplace of the Potter Manor. The wedding was being held in their huge living room area. Before Harry let Rose's hand go to John's hand, he gave her a kiss on the forehead then whispered in her ear, "Remember Rosey-Rose, remember."

"I will Daddy, I will," Rose said, and then took John's hand.

Then the wedding proceeded on.

Before Rose knew it, the minister was telling John to kiss the bride.

The kiss was sweet and gentle.

Cheer erupted from the audience as John and Rose stopped kissing.

"I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. John Weasley," the minister said.

They smiled and began to walk back down the aisle.

Later that day, while Rose and John were dancing to their song, John started to speak.

"I love you Rose and I always will til' the day I die," John said, as he held her in his arms.

"I love you too John," Rose said and then whispered in his ear, "I want my first child to be conceived tonight."

John chuckled at Rose's words. "Your wish is my command my lady. But later, I must say."

Rose and John then shared a laugh.

Section 2: Lillian and Adrian's wedding

song: Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around `til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
How I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again
When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way, I would run from her to him
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my mama said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
`Cause I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again
Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
And I'd hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me
I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

~*~

"Lillian, sweetheart, I love you," the man said. "You do know that don't you?"

Lillian, the girl that was in front of him and also in his arms answered, "Yes I do. And I love you too Adrian."

Adrian then lowered himself on the ground on one knee, held Lillian's hand in his, pulled out a little velvet-like box out of his pocket, opened it and held it out for her to see; he then said, "Lillian Rose Potter, will you marry me?"

Lillian began to have tear up as she then reached out to take the black velvet box out. The ring had at least 3 diamonds on it. The band was 14 karat gold.

She hugged his neck, causing him to stumble backwards a little but he maintained his balance.

"Well Lillian?" Adrian asked. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Lillian said as she then put the ring on her finger and then kissed him.

Hermione remembered that moment, from when Lily had taken her into her future and showed her that day of Lillian and Adrian's engagement. Now was the day of their wedding. She could hardly believe it. It just seemed like yesterday, but really three years ago, had Rose gotten married to John Weasley. Rose now had a little boy about the age of two. He had blonde hair with emerald green eyes. He had the Potter hair but John, his father's hair and his face looked like Rose, his mother. Now, her second and youngest daughter, Lillian was getting married.

"Harry, I would be honored to spend time with Rose. The only other thing I need to tell you two, is that when your second child finds their soul mate you must not go against it," Sirius answered.

"Ok, we understand. But uh… is there any idea of who it is? Or is that just one of those things that time will only tell?" Hermione asked.

"Time can only tell," Sirius said.

Hermione remembered this moment too. It was when Sirius had foretold about this day. It was the joining of old rival families, being joined at last: A Potter and a Malfoy, meaning Lillian and Adrian.

Now like Rose had been before her wedding, Lillian was now in the same room that Rose had been before, before her wedding. Lillian had on her wedding gown and was ready to go out those doors of the room, if only her Father would hurry up she thought.

I'm coming Lillian, Harry said telepathically to her. I don't want to push you out of the nest just yet.

Oh that's a classic one Daddy, Rose interrupted and then directed the next comment to Lillian and Lillian alone. You just can't wait until tonight sis. Am I right?

Rose! No, Lillian responded back to her and only her. Only you would say that.

Un-huh, sure Lils' sure, Rose said back.

Rose stay out of her mind for at least today would you? Harry said telepathically to both Lillian and Rose for both to hear.

Yes Daddy, Rose said and then asked her father a question, only directed to him. Is the time coming close Daddy?

Yes Rose, Harry said. It is indeed. Don't worry though Rosey-Rose. And don't let your sister let on to what I told you on your wedding day. Lillian must not know of what you know of my death.

Yes Daddy, Rose said. But hurry up and get to her. She's going to fly out of the nest at this rate.

That she is, Harry said cheerfully, as he walked into the room with Hermione and Lillian. Hermione was trying to take a picture, or rather she just had, just like she did before Rose's wedding.

"Hermione, let your daughter breathe," Harry said.

Hermione let her go to then see Lillian rush towards her father.

"Daddy!" Lillian said, as she went into his arms. "I love you but can we speed this process along?"

Hermione laughed at her daughter's antics. So did Harry.

"What's the rush Lily? Wanting to fly out of the nest before I can give you away?" Harry asked, laughing.

"Daddy," Lillian said and then looked up into the identical eyes of her own in her father's eyes. "Please?"

"Oh alright," Harry said. "Hermione would you go alert the rest that this wedding is happening a little early today, despite the bride's nervous jitters and patience."

Hermione went over to her daughter, who was still in Harry's arms and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"You're just like your Father here. Just make sure you don't have any pranks planned on your own wedding day," Hermione said. "Oh my dear Lillian, you're a mess but I love you anyway."

Lillian smiled at her mother's words.

"I love you too Mum," Lillian said. "Now, if you would please, go alert the others. I want to get this show on the road, so to speak."

Hermione laughed as she went out the door, with Lillian and Harry not too far behind her.

"Let's go shall we?" Harry asked, holding out his arm.

"Yes let's go," Lillian said, as they began to walk towards the same place as Rose had with Harry three years ago.

They stopped at the same place and let the clue to begin the song for Lillian to come, to play.

Harry turned towards Lillian just before he let Adrian take her hand in his. He whispered in her ear, "Keep me alive in your memories sweet Lily angel." Then he kissed her on the forehead and let Adrian take her hand, leaving Lillian to be a little confused about her Father's words.

Daddy, that wasn't right of you to do, Rose said telepathically to her father. Look in her eyes, you've confused her.

No Rose, she will figure out what I mean when the time comes. Harry said in return. When it does, you must also help her to regain confidence to move on in life and to let me go when the time comes.

Yes Daddy, Rose said.

"Adrian, you may kiss your bride now," the minister said.

Adrian happily obliged to do exactly that.

Their kiss lasted at least a minute long.

Everybody cheered for them while they began to walk back down the aisle.

As Lillian passed Rose she spoke to her telepathically.

I know you heard what Daddy said. You will tell me later what that was about dear sis of mine, Lillian said.

It is not meant for me to tell, so I shall not Lils. Rose replied back.

We'll talk later, Lillian replied and kept smiling at the people while she passed them.

Section 3: A Tie Broken

song: Candle in the Wind, 1997, music by Elton John, lyrics by Bernie Taupin

Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
You called out to our country
And you whispered to those in pain
Now you belong to heaven
And the stars spell out your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend ever will

Loveliness we've lost
These empty days without your smile
This torch we'll always carry
For our nation's golden child
And even though we try
The truth brings us to tears
All our words cannot express
The joy you brought us through the years

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned our long before
Your legend ever will

Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
Goodbye England's rose
From a country lost without your soul
Who'll miss the wings of your compassion
More than you'll ever know

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And you footsteps will always fall here
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend ever will


~*~

"Ok Rose, what did those clues that Dad told me on my wedding day mean? `Keep his memories alive? I believe it's my turn to hold my daughter for the last time?' What was he saying?" Lillian asked Rose two weeks after her wedding day.

Lillian and Adrian had gone to an island just outside of Hawaii. It had been the most beautiful place she had ever seen, or probably ever would see. But right now she wasn't thinking on how her honeymoon went. She was concerned for her father. He'd been dropping off hints but she didn't know why and that bothered her.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that Lils," Rose said, not looking her sister in the eye.

"Rose, look at me and tell me that again," Lillian said.

Rose looked up.

"Sis, I can't tell you what you want to know," Rose said, looking straight into her eyes. "I can't. I promised Daddy I wouldn't. I'm sorry."

"Well how the hell am I supposed to find out then?" Lillian raged.

"I don't know," Rose sighed. "I don't know."

~*~

It was around three in the morning when Rose got the owl by her bedside. John had his arms around her protectively; just like he did every night. It became a habit during his sleep. It had been hard sometimes to get him to loosen up if she did have to get up during the night. But she managed.

Rose got up and went over to the chair by the window and sat down to read the letter. Whoever it was from, it had to have been important for somebody to wake her up at this odd hour of the night, or rather really early morning.

She turned on the lamp and began to read.

Rosey-Rose,

My dearest Rose, if you are reading this, then I have gone on. I believe I have told you that this would happen three months after your second child was born. The bird, Hedwig now belongs to Elizabeth. Please help your mother out right now. She'll need your help. You and Lillian were always my little angels that I could have ever received. You both were always the sunshine in my life even when I thought I had none. Fulfill your promise to me. And remember I love you, Rosey-Rose.

I'll always be watching over you and also when you're reading this.

Love,

Daddy

Rose burst into tears. Her father was dead. She no longer had a father to hold her or to share an argument with for old time's sake. She sobbed loudly. Hedwig nibbled at her ear, trying to comfort her, just as she had with Harry. It didn't work. She continued to sob loudly as she then felt John pull her into his embrace.

"Rose what is it?" John asked, as his wife was crying her eyes out in his arms.

"Daddy's gone," Rose said, crying harder and harder.

"Gone?"

"Dead."

Rose cried so hard that it began difficult for her to breathe regularly. It was nearly impossible. She began to hyperventilate.

"Rose!" John said as he cradled her in his arms. "Easy there, you'll be alright. Let me see the letter."

Rose showed him the letter and held onto her for just a little while longer before he spoke.

"Rose, if this letter was supposed to come to you the instant he did die, then you'd better go get your mother out of bed before she finds her husband dead in bed. I'll go with you if you like. Or I can go get Lillian if you want," John said.

"Ok, thank-you," Rose said. "I'll get dressed and go get Mum before she wakes up. How long do you think it'll be before Mum wakes up to see Dad like that?"

"I'm not sure, maybe a few hours," John asked. "Why?"

"Because I need Lillian with me when I get Mum out of there," Rose said.

"Ok, let's go to Lillian and Adrian's place," John said. "I'll tell the head house elf to watch over things here while we're gone."

"Ok," Rose said. "Meet us at Potter Manor."

John gave her a kiss on the forehead and then let her go as she apparated to Lillian's.

Rose appeared just outside of the kitchen of Lillian's house. Rose began to walk along the hallway towards Lillian's room. She knew they'd both be asleep so she wouldn't be walking in on something.

Rose was right. They were sleeping. Lillian always did look so peaceful when she slept. Just like their father. Tears came to the back of her throat just at the thought of their father.

"Lillian," Rose said gently as she shook her a little bit.

Lillian groaned and turned to the other side.

"Lillian," Rose said more firm as she shook her once more again.

"Rose?" Lillian questioned as she slowly opened her eyes to see her older sister standing right in front of her with her face tear-stained. "What are you doing here? And in my bedroom?"

"Lils, I need your help," Rose said. "And it can't wait. I need you to come with me. Wake Adrian up. You'll need him for support."

"What on earth are you talking about Rose?" Lillian asked.

"Lils, Daddy is gone," Rose said, tearing up once again.

"Gone? What do you mean gone? He'll be back whereever he went I assure you. He always does," Lillian said.

"Lils, Daddy died half an hour ago," Rose said. "He wrote a letter to me that was to be sent at the same moment that he passed on. I need you to help me get Mum out of the room before she finds Daddy next to her not being the way he was when she went to sleep."

Like Rose had, Lillian burst into tears once hearing the words of her Father's death. She couldn't believe it. So that's what his last words to her meant.

Harry whispered in her ear, "Keep me alive in your memories sweet Lily angel."

"Adrian son," Harry said. "I believe it is my turn to hold my daughter in my arms for the last time."

Lillian understood those words now as she cried in the arms of her sister. Rose held onto her as they both cried for their father. Adrian even woke up to see both sisters crying hysterically. He went over to them and pulled them both into his arms.

Whatever it was, he thought. It must have been important if both of them were crying.

About a good ten minutes later, their crying had stopped.

"Thanks Adrian," Rose said. "Lillian, we need to go."

"Go?" Adrian asked.

"Yes, we have to get Mum out of her room before she discovers that Daddy is dead. That would be a terrible way to wake up in the morning, to find the one you love, dead right beside you," Lillian said, fighting back tears threatening to fall again.

"Adrian you have to go get your Mum," Rose said. "She needs to know. Hell, the whole family needs to know. Uncle Ron needs to know most of all. Maybe he could help us with Mum. Lillian let's go get Uncle Ron while Adrian gets Aunt Ginny."

"Ok Rosey-Rose," Lillian said.

"Lils," Rose said, fighting to hold on without breaking down again.

"Oh sorry," Lillian said, and then faced Adrian.

"You'll be alright if I go get my Mum and meet you at the Manor?" Adrian asked.

"Yes," Lillian said. "We both will. But let's hurry. We don't have much time before Mum would wake up."

Rose and Lillian then apparated to their Uncle Ron's and Aunt Luna's place. It was a beautiful place but today would be one of sorrow.

They made their way to his bedroom. They knew he was asleep. Hell, half of the Weasley family would not be in a matter of a few minutes.

Holding hands for support for the other one, Rose and Lillian walked over to the side of the bed that Ron had occupied.

"Uncle Ron?" Lillian said, nudging him.

Ron woke up to see Rose and Lillian, both with dreadfully stained tear faces, standing by the side of his bed. He rose up and took both of them into his arms. They didn't cry but he could tell they gladly took to his embrace.

They pulled out of his embrace.

"We need your help with Mum," Rose said. "We need you to cast a sleeping spell on her and then carry her out of the room."

"What's wrong with your Mum?" Ron asked worried.

"We don't want our mother to wake up to find her husband dead right beside her," Lillian said as she squeezed Rose's hand for support.

"Blimemy crickets!" Ron said, getting out of bed. He quickly went to his closet and got dressed, left a note for Luna, and went with Rose and Lillian to the Potter Manor.

Rose and Lillian held hands, as sisters would while they apparated together to the Manor that they both knew and loved so well when they were growing up.

~*~

Adrian apparated only a few seconds after Rose and Lillian did. He went straight to his parent's bedroom.

His Mum looked so peaceful. He hated to have to ruin that peaceful slumber that she was currently in. But he had to. She had to know.

"Mum?" Adrian said as she then woke up, even at the slightest touch.

"Adrian? What on earth are you doing here? What's wrong?" Ginny asked, as she sat up and got up to take Adrian into her arms.

Draco of course, noticed that his wife was not in his arms in bed, but had his son in her arms out of bed.

"Adrian? What the hell are you doing here at three thirty in the morning?" Draco asked.

"Mum," Adrian said pulling out of his mother's arms and looking into her eyes. "You're not going to like what I have to say but it needs to be said."

"Go ahead I'm ready," Ginny said.

Draco tentively listened and waited too.

"Harry died about half an hour ago Mum," Adrian said. "Rose and Lillian went to go get Uncle Ron to help them take Hermione out of the room before she woke up with her husband dead beside her."

"I was not ready for that!" Ginny exclaimed as tears struck her hard.

Adrian held his mother while she cried. But she pulled away instantly and apparated away. Right to the Manor just as Ron had also.

~*~

"Ron!" Ginny said rushing into his arms crying.

"Sshh," Ron said, rubbing her back. "You must wait here while I get Hermione. Try to be quite ok? We're going to make sure Hermione is asleep for another good few hours before we tell her. Stay with Lillian and Rose while I go get Hermione."

Ron let her go and then bravely went into the room where Hermione lay and also where Harry's body lay also. He quickly said the spell on Hermione, without looking over at Harry. If he did then he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it together. He quickly picked Hermione up into his arms and then carried her out of the room. Lillian showed him to her old room and had him lay their mother on Lillian's old bed. They covered her up and then Ginny was sobbing uncontrollably in Ron's arms.

Ron gently soothed her and calmed her down over the next hour or so while she cried. Ron fought the tears himself. Harry, his best friend for over half of his life, was now dead. Gone. Just like that. He put on a brave face and held onto his only sister while she cried. Just like Rose had, Ginny began to hyperventilate. Ron quickly eased her breathing down to a regular pace. She had cried herself to sleep. He collected her in his arms and then walked down the hallway and into the living room to find Rose in John's arms, Lillian in Adrian's, and Draco standing up to come near Ron.

"She just cried herself to sleep," Ron said, sadly. "Thought I'd never get her breathing a regular pace."

"May I take her into my arms please Ron?" Draco asked.

"Sure," Ron said. "I'd prefer that you didn't, but perhaps this is better that you do. I need to go see my best friend for over half my life."

"Ok," Draco said taking Ginny in his arms while she slept after she had cried herself to sleep. She was now sleeping peacefully in Draco's arms as he sat down on the couch.

Ron then bravely turned around and went to face death in the eyes.

He slowly opened the door to the room and went inside. There Harry was he thought. He couldn't believe it. His best friend was dead.

"Why mate, why?" Ron said as he broke down near Harry's body and fell to his knees and cried.

About ten minutes later, Ron got up. Carried Harry out of the room and into one of the guest rooms across the hall and set him on the bed. He took a sheet and covered him up. He then went to Hermione. She would be waking up about right now. She needed to know why she wasn't in her bed with her husband. And he wasn't going to stand by and let her go though this tragedy alone, or Lillian, Rose or James either for that matter.

Section 4: Draco's Lost and Found

song: Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven

Will it be the same

If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on

Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand

If I saw you in heaven

Would you help me stand

If I saw you in heaven

I'll find my way, through night and day

Cause I know I just can't stay

Here in heaven

Time can bring you down

Time can bend your knee

Time can break your heart

Have you begging please

Begging please

(instrumental)

Beyond the door

There's peace I'm sure.

And I know there'll be no more...

Tears in heaven

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven

Will it be the same

If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on

Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven

Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven

"Mum?" Draco said as he entered the old Malfoy Mansion that his mother still lived in. Draco's father, Lucius, had been taken to Azkaban in his fifth year of Hogwarts. He was furious at Harry Potter then, but over the years, he had seen what terrible things his father had done to such innocent people, like Lily and James Potter.

Draco had tried many times to get his mother to come live with him and his family, since she was all alone. But each time he tried, she refused curtly. She insisted every time that she was fine and that she didn't need any body else's help for her to live. The Slytherin in her was what hurt Draco at times. Yes, she would comfort him as a child, but then once Draco had turned into his teen years, she had turned also.

Silence was all he had heard as he entered the door to the Manor. Not even a house elf had come to him to help. And that was odd to him. Usually, he had to finally demand for them to leave him alone but not today. The Manor was filled with an eerie feeling and he could actually see dust on the banister to his left.

"Mum?" Draco said again, this time louder as he began to walk up the banister stairs.

Draco continued to walk towards her bedroom, which was on the second floor. The Manor had a total of three floors to it. He never understood why they had all that room when he was an only child. He had tried to ask once, but instead he had gotten slapped by his father and told by his mother to go away.

What Draco had walked into at this moment, was not what he had in mind at all when he entered his mother's room. In the place where the master bed was, a very large stone coffin stood in its place.

Draco stuttered though the door as he saw this and also knocked a piece of his Grandmother's china to the floor causing it to shatter into a million pieces.

That couldn't be, Draco thought. I would have known if Mum died. Wouldn't I have?

Draco went closer to see on top of the stone coffin engraved in black letters was Narcissa Emily Black Malfoy. Born 1959, Died 2023. Wife to Lucius Malfoy and Mother to Draco Malfoy. Pureblood.

Only about a month ago, Harry Potter had died. His family, and even the Weasleys, and, surprisingly, Draco had felt like one of his close friends had been taken from him. And now, his mother also. What was this world coming to? First Harry, then his own mother? He didn't understand it.

Draco turned away from his Mother's coffin with tears in his eyes and apparated away from the abandoned Manor that once belonged to his parents. The place he came to was gloomy and dark. He had apparated here for one reason, and one reason only. That was to tell his Father of his Mother's death.

"Who goes there?" a voice demanded as Draco approached the gates of Azkaban.

"Draco Malfoy," Draco said. "I wish to visit my Father, Lucius Malfoy, to bear him news."

"Why not just write Mr. Malfoy?" the voice asked.

"This isn't the kind of news that you write," Draco said, growling and snarling as he did before Ginny was in his life.

"As you wish," the voice said, and then opened the gate.

The man handed him a key.

732 the key said.

"Take the express to get there faster." The voice said.

Draco did as the guard had said.

There was his father. In cell number 732. Draco never thought he would ever see his own Father in such ugly and smelly clothes. Or even look terrible. But he did. And he would for a long time yet to come.

Lucius was currently looking out the window at the dark and gray skies, filled with rain clouds.

"Father," Draco said, firmly and in a strong tone.

Lucius's head turned sharply towards Draco and his eyes stared him warily.

"Draco," Lucius said and then looked him from head to toe. "You haven't been to see me since the summer before your final year at Hogwarts. Why now?"

Draco looked into his Father's eyes and then spoke.

"Mum's dead," Draco said. "Thought you ought to know that."

Tears threatened to overflow his eyes from the back of his throat. But he forced himself not to cry in front of his Father.

Lucius could see the restraint in his son's will power not to cry in front of him. He knew Draco loved his mother. But he had also noticed that she had turned away from him when he had turned 13. After that, she was nothing but bitter to her son, her only son and only child.

"I see that Weasley whore of yours has softened you up," Lucius said. "Malfoys don't cry. Not the men, and especially not in front of their Fathers'."

"Don't you dare call Ginny a whore!" Draco said. "She is my wife, the mother of my children and the love of my life. If it wasn't for her, then I wouldn't have had the decency to come and tell you that your wife is dead. Even though you never said it to her, I knew you must have loved-"

"Draco, our marriage was arranged. We hated each other. We did our best to stay out of each other's way while we were married before you came. Once you were conceived, I never touched her again. Not intimately, anyway. Of course, we had our arguments and fights. She did have a powerful right punch. I never, you hear me? Never loved Narcissa Black," Lucius said, without even a hint of sadness in his voice when he said her name.

Draco stood in silence while he stared at his father. How could somebody be so cruel, especially, to his own wife? He couldn't figure that one out. Other than that was just the way his Father was: abusive and demanding.

"Cat got your tongue, my boy?" Lucius asked, with a snarl.

"What happens to the Manor now?" Draco asked bluntly and changing the subject.

"It goes to your sister," Lucius said.

"My what?" Draco asked.

"Your sister," Lucius said. "She's the heir of the Blacks. Actually, the true heir is Jade Nicole, your youngest daughter. She's the most powerful. The Manor is the passed down to all of the Black's most powerful witches in the family though out each generation."

"Where would I find my sister? And how did you know about Jade?" Draco asked.

"I have my ways, son," Lucius said. "I have my ways."

"Where is my sister? I thought you said after I was born you never touched Mum again?" Draco said.

"Your sister is older than you are, Draco. She is the head mistress at Beauxbatons. She came before your Mother and I were married. Let's just say your sister, was an after effect from an affair with somebody who I have no clue is, other than the idiot was pureblood.

Flashback….

"Narcissa! How dare you! Bring a child into this union and into my household even when it is not even mine!" Lucius snarled at his soon to be wife.

If he had his way, he would never have agreed to be arranged to marry whoever his Father liked him to. Even that pathetic redheaded woman named Molly, who was dating Arthur Weasley at the time, would have been better than this pathetic loser, at least Molly had spunk.

"I will not give up this child. We'll send her away once she is born to live with my aunt, the most powerful Black there is today. Six months after that you may try to produce your heir. Then after that, nothing. Got it?" Narcissa snarled back.

"Got it," Lucius said. "I hate you!"

"Same here pickle face," Narcissa said.

~*~

"Narcissa, get rid of her," Lucius said. "I don't want your daughter to mistake me as her father. She is not a Malfoy and never will be."

"Because she is a Black," Narcissa said. "And always will be. Charlotte Lydia Black will always remain a Black and will always be protected from you. If you dare touch her, I swear, I'll kill you myself."

"Then you'd better get her out of her now!" Lucius said.

end of flashback….

"Father?" Draco said.

"What?" Lucius asked, annoyed.

"I said, what's her name?" Draco said.

"Charlotte Lydia Black," Lucius said quickly. "If there's anybody that actually might care about your Mum's death, it'd be her. Go now. I don't want to talk to you anymore. You abandoned me so I no longer want to see you."

"Nor would I want to," Draco said, leaving. "I pray that the bugs in this cell rot you away to the bones."

Draco went to the head office of Beauxbatons, or rather he apparated there. A woman of black hair, blue eyes, and a skinny build, like Draco's build, sat at her desk. It was the middle of November and school was just in the third month of the year.

She looked up and spoke.

"May I help you?" the lady said.

"Yes, who are you?" Draco said.

"I'm Charlotte Black," Charlotte said.

Draco's eyes went a little wide.

"What? What was it that I said?" Charlotte asked.

"How well did you know your Mother?" Draco asked.

"Why do you ask? I've recently been to the Black Manor which my Mother lives in. Although, I do remember seeing a few pictures of you by her bedside; who are you?" Charlotte asked.

"Do you not even recognize me?" Draco asked.

Charlotte studied him over good.

"You have her build I can see I dare say, but who are you? Cousin of hers? Nephew?" Charlotte asked.

"Goodness sakes! Can you not see that I am your brother?" Draco asked. "Narcissa Black Malfoy is my mother. And when did you see Mum?"

"You're what?" Charlotte asked. "Brother did you say?"

"Yes, I am your younger brother. When did you last see Mum?" Draco asked.

Charlotte was now no longer seated and now standing in front of Draco ready to wrap her arms around him to welcome him as her brother.

"Why do you ask when I last saw Mum?" Charlotte asked.

"Just tell me when you last saw her," Draco said, getting a little edgy.

"The day of somebody named Harry Potter's funeral. She despised him I assume. Says he took the time of spotlight away from somebody she had loved very deeply. She had said his wife was a nutcase when she found out the death of her husband," Charlotte said. "I don't say I blame her particularly considering to wake up one morning and to not ever see your own husband the one you love dearly, to never speak to you, kiss you, make love to you, or to even hold you in his arms ever again. Poor thing."

That was over two months ago now, Draco thought.

"Why?" Charlotte asked.

Draco's eyes began to tear up a little and looked away from Charlotte's eyes.

"Mum's dead."

"What?" Charlotte asked, beginning to cry. "She can't be. She was in perfect health when I last saw her over two months ago. She can't be. She just can't be!"

Draco pulled his newly found sister into his arms and they both cried for their mother.

About after ten minutes of grieving, Draco spoke to Charlotte.

"You do know that you have inherited the Manor right? It's now yours," Draco said.

"Yes, I do know that," Charlotte said. "But I can't go back to the Manor just yet."

"Lotte'," Draco said, shortening Charlotte's name for a nickname. "We've got to put her coffin in the Pearl Gardens with the rest of the Black women. Right now, her coffin is in the place of the master bed. Not even the house elves are there anymore."

"Yes, they are," Charlotte said, liking the Lotte' nickname. "I'll show you."

Charlotte went to her closet and took out her designer cloak.

"Where did you get that magnificent cloak?" Draco asked, stunned at the work of the cloak.

"I designed it," Charlotte said, smiling a little bit. "By the way, dear brother, you did not tell me your name."

"Draco Malfoy," Draco said. "You designed that Lotte'?"

"Yes I did," Charlotte said. "Mum was stunned also."

"I take it you are not married, Lotte'?" Draco said.

"No, I'm not married, Draco," Charlotte said. "Why? Got any victims in mind?"

"No Lotte', no victims as you call it, in mind," Draco said. "I was saying because, you should move in with my family and me. You can get to know me and my wife, and also my children. And that gives us time to think about where to put Mum in the gardens."

"Let me alert the next of staff that I'll be gone for three weeks at least, for now, and then we'll go to your home. Unless you'd rather go to the Black Estate," Charlotte said.

"Which ever you like, but I'd prefer to take care of Mum as soon as we can," Draco said.

"How old are your children?" Charlotte said.

"Well they're not children anymore, I suppose," Draco said. "Adrian, the oldest is married. The twins, Le Ann and Nicole are in training to be aurors. Caitlyn is in her final year at Hogwarts and Jade is in her fifth year at Hogwarts."

"Ah, I remember something about Jade. She is the one, I believe to legally be the next heir if I never marry and pass on the generation of the strongest Blacks' women's Elemental powers," Charlotte said.

"Then you will never marry," Draco said. "Jade was an Elemental even in the womb. She's learned to control her extraordinary powers while she's around the public."

"I see," Charlotte said. "Well, that's ok. I'm happy where I am in my life. I'll help her out with her Elemental powers. As I can expect, a fifteen-year-old can not control their powers with emotions involved also."

"Thank-you, Lotte'," Draco said.

They now were in the master bedroom of the Black estate.

"Oh, Mum!" Charlotte said as she rushed over to her coffin.

Charlotte read the exact same words as Draco had except she uncovered writing that was invisible to Draco's eyes at first until Charlotte uncovered them with her wand.

Narcissa Emily Black Malfoy.

Born 1959, Died 2023.

Wife to Lucius Malfoy,

Mother to Draco Malfoy

and Charlotte Lydia Black.

Pureblood

"How come that last few lines with your name on it, just appeared now?" Draco asked.

"Because, only the heir can uncover their name on the previous heir's coffin. It signals that the next heir has been revealed and the inheritance can now be passed on," Charlotte said. "Let's get her out to the Pearl Gardens."

Draco levitated his mother's coffin down the stairs, through the back door, and down the path to the Pearl Gardens to be buried in her final resting place.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->