Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 20 : Christmas Tears, Part 1

Things for the Potters' and the Malfoys' were as some would say, quite interesting, or at least during this Christmas season as it was. The Malfoys' were happy, well one of them was at least. Adrian was the only one who didn't know of the little event about a week ago when Draco's mother suddenly made Ginny feel so inferior that Ginny ran to the only place she knew where she'd be safe . Away from the Manor was her own little place just at the outskirts of the Burrow, the place was built by her alone. Nobody knew about the place, except her herself, not even Draco knew of it.

So as it was, Ginny had been missing from Draco's sight for at least a week now. Draco had often wondered where she was, but all the wondering in the world wouldn't help him any to find her. Of course, he did search for her, but no such luck.

The twins missed their mother dearly, not to mention so did Caitlyn. They had never experienced a time when their mother wasn't there for them when they needed her most. The worst of it, Adrian had no clue as to what was going on currently. He was the only one that Ginny had kept contact with. Adrian sent letters to his mother as if nothing had happened. Simply, he didn't know of anything that had happened in the past week or so. So naturally, since Ginny didn't want to upset her son she kept in touch with him, also making sure nobody could track her down. Specifically, Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, former Black.

Ginny couldn't see how such an evil person as Narcissa was could be related to Sirius Black. Sirius was exactly the opposite. Sure, he could be ornery but never evil as Narcissa had been last Tuesday. She tried to kill her, mainly her and Draco's elemental baby that she was carrying. Draco knew nothing of what his mother had done. If it wasn't for the power to be able to apparate away, Ginny would be dead, literally. Sure, Ginny was scared as hell, but instead of fighting back, she instantly fled for the life of her baby.

Now as it was, with Ginny missing and all, it was not only coming close to the arrival of the baby, but it was also coming near the Christmas holidays. One of which would also not be a happy year also, for Ginny and the Potters'. Mainly for Ginny, since she planned on not going out of this little place of her's until after the baby was born, but also for Rose.

Rose had been eluded from the family household by her father, after a little dispute between Harry and Rose. Being the perfect boyfriend he was, John instantly stayed by Rose's side. He told her he was staying with her during the Christmas holidays, even if her father did kick her out of the house for Christmas, so to speak. She tried to reason with him but it did no good at all.

Furthermore, Ginny decided to invite Rose and John to come to stay with her. She knew she was safe inviting a Potter and a Weasley to her place. She knew Narcissa wouldn't think to track her nephew or Rose for that matter. She made sure for that matter, that the place was heavily secured from anybody finding her. She had taken care of that when she first built her home. Her place was small, she admitted but it didn't take her long to add on to her place. All it took was a flick of her wand and a little power of her own to do so.

Ginny sat in front of her writing desk in her library and took the quill that sat near the ink. She dipped it into the ink and began to write on the parchment in front of her.

Dear Rose and John,

As you may or may not know by now, I have disappeared from Draco and the rest of the family, heck, the whole wizarding world practically. The only person who doesn't know that I know of that is not aware of my disappearance is my son, Adrian. Be sure not to mention any of this to him. I understand that Rose, you have been eluded from Christmas at your family's household this year. And you John, have made your father and mother very upset at your decision of not coming home for Christmas this year also. For therefore, as I know that you two should not spend Christmas alone, I am offering for you two to come spend Christmas with me at my place. I cannot tell you where I am at for the sake of my baby's protection. I understand that tomorrow is the day for everybody to be going home for Christmas. Owl me back with a response on your thoughts. If you do come, I'll send a portkey for both of you. Love you both, my dears.

Love always,

Aunt Ginny

Ginny sent the letter off to Rose and John and then went to the living room of her home. She turned on the TV and saw that one of her favorite shows was currently on: Mash. She loved the humor of the Muggle television series. Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep on her couch.

About three hours later, Ginny was awoken by the nibbling of Rose's pet owl with the response of her request. Ginny gave her a few scraps as a reward and then read Rose's response.

Dear Aunt Ginny,

Both me and John agree to come spend Christmas with you. Yes we knew of your disappearance. So did Adrian, he just didn't let on. He also kept writing back and forth to his father, letting him know that you were ok and safe at least. They all are worried about you. He doesn't know what he did to make you suddenly take up and leave the Manor. I thought there had to be a mighty damn good reason why you would flee but I'm curious now and you have me worried. What happened suddenly for you to flee to protect your baby?

Love,

Rosey-Rose

Rosey-Rose was still her signature when it came to letters to Draco and Ginny. She didn't mind if Draco or Ginny had called her that. She wouldn't mind if her father did either at times, but their differences were quite beyond going back to the easy transition of father and daughter roles.

Ginny then went back to her room to get the two portkeys she had made. They were rings. She slipped them into a envelope, sealed the envelope and sent it to Rose and John with the bird.

Not even half an hour later, Rose and John were suddenly instantly in front of Ginny in her kitchen.

"Hungry my dears?" Ginny asked, also greeting them with a hug for each of them.

"Aunt Ginny, you've got me worried. Why would you suddenly feel the need to flee to protect the baby?" Rose asked, ignoring Ginny's gentle greeting.

"Let's take one step at a time Rosey-Rose," Ginny said, going back to the stove.

"Rosey-Rose?" John asked.

"It's an old nickname my father gave me," Rose said. "I only still let Aunt Ginny and Uncle Draco call me that."

"Well ok," John said. "But back to the main subject that was introduced, which you ignored, what are you fixing Aunt Ginny?"

Apparently, John's mind was only on food at the moment.

"Steaks and eggs, also bacon," Ginny replied.

"Quite a combination that is, but it sounds good to me," John said. "Right Rose?"

"Yes, actually that does sound good. When will it be ready Aunt Ginny?" Rose asked.

"In a matter of a few minutes. The steaks are all ready done, and in the microwave, along with the scrambled eggs. I'm just waiting on this bacon to finish up. Care to set the table for me?" Ginny asked.

"Sure, where are the plates and silverware?" John asked.

"Plates are in the second cabinet to the left of me and the silverware, Rose is in the third drawer to the right of me. Would one of you get the glasses out of the very far cabinet to the left and set them on the table as well?" Ginny asked.

"Sure Aunt Ginny," John said as he went to get the plates as Rose did the same with the silverware and the napkins too.

"Thank-you," Ginny said. "John once you're done setting the plates, come get the plate of steaks and put it on the table. Rose you get the eggs. I'll bring the bacon."

"Yes ma'am," John and Rose had said at the same time.

Ginny giggled a little bit at their reaction but then continued with what she was doing at the moment.

Less than ten minutes later, all three of them were eating at the table.

Another five minutes later, Rose spoke up once again.

"Aunt Ginny, would you please tell us why you felt as if you had to flee to protect your baby?" Rose asked.

Ginny sighed.

"Might as well, it's better that you know anyway," Ginny said. "I didn't feel as if I needed to flee, I knew I had to flee. Don't get me wrong though, Draco didn't do anything wrong. He's been nothing but good to me all these wonderful years. It was his mother who made me feel so inferior that I knew I had to flee from out of sight from everybody. That is also why I trust that you two will not say anything to anybody of my whereabouts."

"Very well," John said. "But what happened for his mother to make you feel inferior?"

"John dear, she tried to kill the baby, she tried to kill me," Ginny said.

Rose dropped her fork and knife that were currently in her hands.

"What? Perhaps I didn't quite hear you right," Rose said, recovering from dropping her fork and knife, causing John to jump in reaction.

"You heard me right Rose," Ginny said. "Draco's mother came by the house that morning. Draco was at work, the twins and Caitlyn were at the Burrow at the time. She started talking to me in a language that I thought I would hardly ever hear again. She started talking in parseltongue. I knew what she was saying, but I won't tell you what her words were. Simply, her words were spelling out to me that if I didn't get out of the Manor soon, I would be dead. Before I did flee, she pulled out her wand and began to raise her arm up towards me, towards my stomach mainly. I apparated out of there before she spoke again."

Ginny then took a sip of her water and finished eating. Neither John or Rose said a thing throughout the rest of the dinner time. They were both shocked to say the least. Rose couldn't understand how anybody would want Aunt Ginny or her baby for that matter, dead.