Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 4

Part One: A Flash From the Past

About 3 months later, Lily was sitting in the sunroom of their home in the ghostly plane, when she was taken over by a vision.

Where am I? Lily thought.

She couldn't tell where she was, or at least not yet.

It then came to her.

I'm in my old room, why can I see myself in the corner and yet I'm right here? Lily thought as scenes began to appear before her eyes.

She suddenly started hearing voices. {In the vision}

"Petunia! Get down here now!" Lily's mum yelled.

"I'm coming! Geez, why does Lily get all the attention in this blessed house?" Petunia asked as she stormed out of her room and stomped her way towards her mother.

"Stomp one more time and you'll be wishin' you hadn't of," her mother said.

Petunia, being the rebellious one out of the two children, did stomp.

"That's it, no date with Vernon tonight," her mother said.

"Mother! You let Lily go on her dates with that Potter boy freak!" Petunia yelled at her mother.

She said that! Lily thought disgustedly. I'll get her back for that!

"Petunia! James is a whole lot better than your Vernon will ever be! He may be a wizard but I'd gladly call him a son. Vernon, on the other hand, is a disgrace! Such bad manners! At least James has the decency to treat you nicely even though you treat him like dirt! I'd have to say, James would be welcome to say something ugly and hateful to you just to get you to shut up once in a while, while you're badgering him with criticism constantly," Lily's mother said back fiercely.

The saying called redheaded flaring temper wasn't just said for any reason behind it.

Alright Mum! Besides, James already did do that, just not to where you could hear him. Lily thought approving of this argument.

Petunia then stormed out the kitchen without saying a word besides maybe grunting while she went.

This scene started to fade away from Lily as another appeared.

"Dad!" Lily heard herself saying in the vision.

"Lily! My sweet, fiery angel pumpkin," Mr. Evans said.

They were at the train station. It was Lily's seventh year then, Mr. Evans was picking them, James and Lily, up for Christmas. James's parents let him go with Lily this year, since James was going to propose to Lily on Christmas Eve. Mr. Evans knew about it, but didn't lead on that he did know to Lily as he hugged her.

Aww! I remember this scene. The one where James tripped over the curb on the way into the house, oh that was funny! Lily thought.

They were now to the house, on Dupery Lane. The Evans' family lived in an old historic house that used to belong to Lily's five great-aunts ahead of her in generation wise. The house was kept in the family, and only direct family bloodline could live in it. Little did they know that the original pair that lived in the house were no ordinary muggles. They were purebloods. It was just too bad that no one knew, well almost no one. One person still knew, but wasn't about to spill the beans on that little matter. That person was Lily's mother.

Why do I sense something I don't know should be revealed to me? Lily thought.

Inside the house, built with beautiful cherry oak was the mantle above the fireplace with little ornaments all around it. On one side were little fairies, little mermaids, unicorns… all of the most pure and good creatures were engraved into the mantle. But on the other side, where the not pure and not so good creatures, were the little goblins, chimeras… some of the most evil creatures there were alive. Above the good and the bad creatures that were separated by engraved thestrals. A symbol of peace between each side. Even though most couldn't see them, only the ones that had seen death could see them. And above them was a beautiful angel above them with a form of writing engraved under the angel.

It looks like Latin, Lily thought. If only I could know what it meant.

She then could see the thestrals. They were beautiful creatures. They were calling out to her, but she couldn't tell what they were saying.

What are they saying? Lily thought. Are they trying to tell me what the form of Latin says?

She began to hear her and James's voices upstairs in her room.

"Lily, are you sure I didn't make a fool out of myself when I tripped over that curb in front of your mother?" James asked.

"James, don't worry about it," Lily chuckled, "she adores you. Nothing to worry about. I promise. And to be honest, I think she likes you more than Petunia."

He smiled then kissed her on the forehead and said, "I love you Lily."

She smiled as she said, "I love you too."

"I was looking at the mantle earlier, under the angel there was Latin writing. Do you know what it means? I think I know," James said.

Finally, I might get to know what it means, Lily thought.

"No, I don't. No one in the family would tell me. I just thought that they didn't even know. Why, what do you think it means?" Lily asked.

"I'm not sure. Something about this is a pure family line. You can copy the inscription and then we'll look it up later," James said.

I'm a pureblood? I'm definitely looking this up for sure, Lily thought.

Suddenly, she began to feel herself pull out of the vision as she woke up to see James, Sarah, Nicole, and Sirius surrounded in front of her.