Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 4 continued…

Part 2: Pureblood Surely Exists

"Lily?" James asked.

"James! We must go to my parents' home," Lily said.

James now, who was by her side said, "Lily, why?"

"James, just take me there. I'll explain when we get there," Lily said as she grabbed his hand and apparated there.

Soon they appeared at the house, of course empty.

"Lily, tell me what this about," James said as they entered the living room.

"James, back there, I had a vision. Well, sort of. I had glimpses of our past and part of the past that I or you weren't in. The mantle, do you remember the mantle?" Lily asked.

"The mantle? Lily, what are you talking about?" James asked.

She then took his hand and led him to the mantle.

As she got there, she stood and stopped in shock.

"Lily, what's wrong?" James asked.

Still no answer.

"Lily?" James asked again.

"I...I... don't you see them?" Lily stuttered.

He looked and saw nothing.

"Lily, are you feeling ok?" James asked.

~*~*~* From Lily's point of view *~*~*~

In front of Lily, she saw old people. She started to recognize some of the people; her ancestors.

"James, I can see my ancestors! Maybe I can find out from them what that inscription says," Lily said.

James still confused said, "You were trying to figure out what it said? I thought we figured that out."

"No, James we didn't. This is what part of my vision was, about the mantle I mean," Lily said.

Lily quickly mumbled a spell on James.

James began to see what she was seeing.

~*~

From both point of views

~*~

"Lily? Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" James asked.

"Yes, James. You are," Lily said.

I wonder if they can talk to us, Lily thought.

"Yes, dear we can," one of Lily's ancestors answered Lily's thoughts.

"Could you please tell me what that inscription says? No one in my family, or at least the ones that I knew," Lily said pointing to her mother, "never would tell me what it meant."

"Lily, I never told you because I myself didn't know. I was kept from that information too," Lily's mother said pointing to her own mother.

"Ok, then which one of you does know? Or does the pattern consist of not knowing, from mother to daughter?" Lily asked.

"Lily," the original owners of the home said, "your great-great-grandmother could explain that. Go on Lizzie. Explain to your great-great granddaughter why she never knew that our bloodline is pure."

Ahh, so now the pieces are coming together, Lily thought.

"One of the most pure lines there ever was and the strongest too. Too bad, the Malfoy line is true too. Rotten people they are. Only the youngest one that just had a child is the only one that's good," the original pair's husband said, "go on Lizzie. You owe your daughter, granddaughter, and your great-granddaughter an explanation."

"Yes," Lizzie said, "I do."

Lizzie looked at Lily and then James and then back to Lily.

"Susan, Jenny, Lily," Lizzie said looking at the three, "the reason why you never knew about your heritage is mainly for such a stupid reason. Your father, Susan wouldn't even hear of listening to my telling him of my heritage. I know your father was a good man, but he just simply couldn't understand me, or at least that part of me. So, being the man he was he forbid me to even say anything furthermore about the matter. Did you ever wonder why at the time when you turned 11 years old, why I suddenly turned into a totally different person? The reason for that was because I had received your letter from Hogwarts and had to make sure that you never went. It wasn't easy, but I was afraid of what your father would have done if he found out about it. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't sound so sympathetic but it's the truth. Please accept it."

"Mother, it's ok. I understand. There's one thing you never knew from me as well. My husband was a wizard. I just never knew it until after he died," Susan said, "Jenny, I'm sorry I never told you about your father. It was just hard to accept, even though I myself didn't know I was a witch."

"I understand, but I'm afraid I've broken the pure blood line," Jenny said.

"No dear you didn't. Luckily for us, you too, were kept from two secrets like your mother. Your husband was too scared to say anything about his pure line to you, thinking of how you'd react. The one that only could of broken that line is your other daughter, Petunia. Unfortunately, there's a bad egg in each generation. All of us can back that fact up," the oldest woman in the family said.

"So, are line is still pure?" Jenny asked.

"Yes, Jenny it is," Lizzie answered.

Lily taking all of this in said, "So that's one of the reasons why our children are so strong, magic wise? Because of two pureblood lines that were the strongest good lines ever that happened to bond together and became even stronger?"

"Yes, Lily it is. We have some information for your whole family and for your granddaughter too. Lily, James," Sarah, the oldest of them said looking at them, "since you two are one of the strongest Tacitus Imperiums alive, would you please bring your whole family here?"

"I'm not sure how to do that," Lily said.

"Lily, how could you forget how powerful our powers are when we are joined together? Remember? Like this," James said as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

From one of Lily's ancestors, you could hear say, "Those Potters' were always the romantic type. I was in love with one of them once."

Should we ignore that last comment? James asked telepathically.

Yes, definitely. Now how are we going to bring the whole family here? Lily asked in the same pattern back.

Have you forgotten about our oldest two? The strongest of the bunch? Even stronger than us? James asked.

Oh, right. Harry and Sarah. Well ok, here goes. Lily said to James.

Lily then was about to start talking to Harry when Sarah interrupted her.

No need to tell us Mum, I already knew this was going to happen. Me being the seer and all. Sarah said.

Seer? What? Sarah, care to explain that to your mother and I? James asked.

Oh, Dad. Did you surely not forget your great-grandmother was a seer? How do you think I know so much? I get visions but not like Mum does. Mum, you had a seer in the family too. Lizzie is one and the one that made that last comment is too. Sarah said.

Ok Sarah. I don't need a lot of surprises like I've been getting lately, so you and Harry bring the whole family here ok? Lily asked.

Yes Mum. But you don't need Harry to do that. Even I can do that alone. So if you think I'm…Sarah started to say but was interrupted by James.

Sarah, get on with it. We don't have all day. James said.

Yes, Daddy. Sarah said.

Then before they knew it, the whole Potter clan was before them.

"Dad? You think you could stop kissing Mum for a while?" Harry asked.

James stopped kissing Lily and looked at Harry.

"Don't worry; we're quite used to that. Aren't we Lizzie?" the oldest original female of the family, Elizabeth said.

"Yes," Lizzie said.

"Wait," Lily said going over what was just said, "Lizzie was your husband a muggle or wizard?"

"Wizard, he was scared of saying something to me and then again like I said before I didn't get the chance to tell him that I was a witch," Lizzie answered.

Lizzie then stepped out of her area of being transparent and went over to Rose who was in Harry's arms.

"Hello, Rose," Lizzie said, "Harry, may I?"

"Yes," Harry answered handing Rose over to Lizzie.

"Now, all of us need to not be transparent anymore if we're to speak a personal matter with Lily and her whole family," Elizabeth said.

Soon all of them were standing in front of them as though they still lived their lives.

"Now, that feels better. Ok, Nicole would you please conjure up some furniture for us," Elizabeth said.

"Here, I'll do it," Lily said.

"No Lily. I know you can do it but I must know if Nicole can do it. Since it is going to be just her, Sarah, Cory, and Elizabeth that will continue our pureblood line, I must know what they are capable of," Elizabeth said sternly.

"Mother! Don't be rude to Lily. She was only trying to help," Cordelia said.

"Hush, Cordelia. I know very well what I am saying. And even though it may be that she was just trying to help I still will not allow something or someone to be in the way of another trying to prove their abilities. Too bad Sirius Black's mother went crazy, otherwise she'd agree with me," Elizabeth said.

"You knew the Black's?" James asked.

"Yes, James we all do," Elizabeth said, "now, Nicole if you would please?"

Soon furniture for everyone to sit on appeared.

"Nice touch Nicole. You'll please your future husband very much, that much I can say is true, very true," Elizabeth said.

"Thank-you," Nicole answered.

"Now back to the pureblood business. There is always a couple children in the family as they grow up, that don't end up a witch or wizard. And that's just the way Petunia, your sister Lily, ended up. Although, I'd have to say that was a marvelous sweet revenge you had on her when you came back to Harry. Even if it was a little evil of you but she did deserve it so that's ok. The only person in this family that has broken the family pureblood line I'm sorry to say but it is Harry. But no worry there, we're not like the Malfoys' who want to keep their true heritage so bad that they'd do anything to keep it true," Elizabeth said.

"Grandmother, maybe we ought to answer Lily's first question she asked when she arrived here," Cordelia's daughter persuaded.

"Yes, dear you are right," Elizabeth said, "And it would be me who should tell her."

Elizabeth looked at Lily and said, "Lily, the inscription says, `One of good nature will always remain true in their heart to their loved ones. But those who turn their ways to please the utmost evil creatures and beings will be cast out and fed to the pit of the ocean and never again be remembered'."

"So that's what it means! Why has it been kept secret from most of us?" Lily asked.

"Well dear. Really it was just one of those things that got forgotten about. Everyone knew and so later on as the new ones came in we just assumed that everyone knew," Elizabeth said, "any other questions?"

"No, not at the moment, no," Lily answered.

"Anybody else?"

They all shook their heads no.

"Well, ok then. Lily, its time you undo that spell on all of them. Only you and Harry will still be able to see us, since you two are the only one's that have actually seen death," Elizabeth said.

"Yes ma'am," Lily said.

She then mumbled a reversal spell and they disappeared from their eyes. Well, except two of them.

"Hey! Where'd they go? Grandma Lizzie was cool!" Rose said.

"Oh, sweetie. They couldn't stay long. Eventually, everyone has to go away," Harry said going over to Rose.

"Daddy where's mommy?" Rose asked.

Lily looked to Harry.

Harry looked to Lily and then Rose.

"Come here Rosey-Rose. We'll go back to Mummy. Mum does this place have the network?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry we do. Upstairs, first room on the left," Cordelia answered him.

"Ok, Mum I'm guessing you heard that too?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I did. Let's go," Lily answered.

They then headed up the stairs and into the upstairs living room.

"Ready Rosey-Rose?" Harry asked.

"Yep," Rose answered as she clung onto Harry as she swung her arms around his neck.

"Alright then," Harry said as he stepped into the fireplace, grabbed some floo powder and said, "Potter Manor!"

And then they were gone.

"Did he just say, `Potter Manor'?" Lily asked.

"Yes, he did my dear. That he did. That's their new home," James answered.

"Why didn't I know this?" Lily asked.

"They only started moving yesterday. You were still knocked out by your vision. Which by the way, you didn't tell me what it was about," James said.

"Oh, well, it was mostly about the past. It doesn't make sense but instead of seeing the future it showed me the past. It started out with my mum and Petunia arguing over you, then it went to our seventh year Christmas, we were down there by the mantle, talking about how you tripped over the curb when you first got here and before I heard our voices in the next room I thought I heard voices from the engraved creatures on the mantle, as if they were trying to tell me something," Lily said.

By now, all the other Potter children were out of the area and already home.

"That's because we were channeling through them to get through to you Lily. We thought if you had some suspicions about what we told you earlier than you would come. And you did. Our plan was a success," Susan said.