Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 11: Enchanted Diary

Harry quickly followed his daughter out of the room.

Harry had managed to get up to Rose's door right as it was slammed shut in his face.

Harry sneered at this and quickly opened the door.

Rose turned to see her father open the door so quickly after she had slammed it shut.

"Rose Lillian Potter, what in the blazes of fire was that all about? You leave this morning without a note to your mother and me to even let us know where you are. We find out you've been meeting somebody but then you don't say who? Come on Rosey-Rose… don't you think it's about time you tell us who this person is?" Harry asked, with his emerald green eyes blazing with fire.

"I don't have to tell you," Rose replied stubbornly. "And don't call me Rosey-Rose. I'm not a baby anymore."

"Wrong answer Rose Lillian," Harry replied back. And even though her last comment hurt he still continued. "Care to try that again?"

"No," Rose said simply and coldly, as she turned away from him giving him the silent treatment.

"You have five seconds to answer me," Harry said.

Five seconds passed and yet Rose didn't speak.

"Ok, you made your choice," Harry said turning towards the door.

Before Harry shut the door he pulled out his wand and muttered a locking spell on Rose's room.

Rose knew that spell. It meant that she was now under room arrest; sort of like house arrest except it was her room. She couldn't owl anybody from her room but yet she could get owls. She couldn't go anywhere, or at least until she cracked down and told her secret. And that she was not ready to tell.

Right then, she started to hear tapping on her window. An owl was waiting for her to open the window.

Rose opened the window knowing she'd probably set an alarm off to signal her father sometime soon. But yet that didn't happen.

Rose took the letter from the bird and then the bird flew off. As it flew off it dropped something heavy on the floor of her room.

Rose opened the letter.

My dearest Rose,

As I suspect my clumsily bird will probably drop this gift I'm sending you. It's a diary that I've enchanted. To me it's a journal. You can write in it and I'll be able to see it. It's like email but faster. I love you Rose Lillian Potter. I'd do anything for you.

Love,

John Weasley

John, Rose thought. It's not even been half an hour and I already want to be in his arms again.

Rose had fallen for him, and hard at that. John knew just about everything there was to know about her. He'd been her first boyfriend and the first guy she ever kissed. They had been going on together for a while now.

Rose looked towards the floor where the owl had dropped the diary. She bent down and picked it up.

The book warmed to her touch.

Must be more enchanted than I thought it was. Rose thought.

Rose grabbed some ink and a quill and then opened the diary to the first page. She dipped the tip of the quill in the ink and then began to write.

John.

She pulled away wondering if he even just respond to that.

Rose. I love you.

Rose squirmed at the touch of the diary. It was almost as if he had sent a kiss her way.

"Would you meet me tomorrow morning at 10 in the Garden of Paris?" John's words came in the diary before Rose could respond to his first message.

Rose dipped her quill in the ink again and wrote, "John, I'm sorry to say but I can't meet you tomorrow."

"Then how about the day after that?" John's response wrote.

"You don't seem to understand…" Rose paused. "I've been put under the restriction spell. Apparently, my sister squealed on me and now I'm stuck here until I confess to their ways."

"Confess? Confess what?" John wrote.

"They want to know who I've been with this whole time this morning. I was supposed to be back before lunch time and as you can see I didn't even make it for supper," Rose wrote quickly.

"Rose, why don't you just get it over with and tell them you've been with me?" John asked.

"I can't," Rose answered.

"Why not?" John asked. "Because of my father?"

His father: Percy Weasley; the one person that left his family to obtain a higher position in the Ministry. Most of the Weasleys' had agreed that he'd abandoned his family. In a way, he did. Ginny was the only one that would still respond to his letters, or at least when she was in a good mood.

"Yes John, because of your father. Your father really didn't act wisely in his early years when Fudge was the Minister. Do you even know that you have five other uncles and an aunt?" Rose replied.

"No, I don't," John replied.

"Well… you do. Would you be willing to visit one of them?" Rose asked.

"Yes," John wrote. "Which one should I visit?"

"Aunt Ginny," Rose replied.

"Would she accept me?"

"You'd have to go to her and find out. In fact, you could go over there now," Rose replied.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later then."

"Ok," Rose replied. "John?"

"Yes?"

"I love you too," Rose wrote.