Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 3: Technicalities of the Impatient Ones

It was a cold, February night when Ginny laid beside her husband, Draco in bed. Technically, she was overdue by at least 2 weeks. But soon, very soon would she not have to carry their child anymore inside of her. She suddenly rose up, or rather sat up quickly as a shot of pain went through her stomach. It was at least somewhere between 3:30 and 4 in the morning.

This is it, she thought, now to get Draco awake is another adventure.

Draco was not a light sleeper. Once he was out for the night, he was out. Stone, cold hard… didn't matter, he was solid as a rock.

"Draco?" Ginny breathed heavily as she shook him.

No answer. He still lay there solid as an iceberg.

"Draco!" Ginny yelled breathlessly as she grabbed his hand and squeezed his hand hard.

Again, nothing. Not even a stir.

Oh, great! Ginny thought, just when I need him he won't wake up!

"Draco!" Ginny yelled directly in his ear, right by his ear, matter of fact; she was right next to his ear.

Still nothing.

She began to cry.

What is there that could wake him up? Ginny thought.

She then got an idea; she conjured up a pitcher of water right on his nightstand. She then slowly got out of bed and went over to his side. She grabbed the pitcher of ice cold water and threw it on him.

Still nothing.

What am I to do now? Ginny thought. I could kiss him.

She then kissed him.

This did the trick. He began to kiss her back. He finally woke up.

They continued to kiss until the sharp pain came back to Ginny. She pulled out of the kiss and looked into his eyes.

"Why am I wet?" Draco asked.

"Uh, Draco…. In case you haven't noticed I tried to get you to wake up," Ginny said.

"Why? And why does my hand feel like someone broke it?" Draco asked.

"DRACO! I'M IN LABOR! I SQUEEZED YOUR HAND, I THREW THE WATER ON YOU, I SHOOK YOU SENSELESS! I'M THE ONE WHO YELLED DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EAR!" Ginny yelled.

"Oh, Ginny, I'm so sorry. Here let me help you," Draco said.

No wonder I feel as if I've gone deaf, Draco thought.

Suddenly, Draco had no clue as to what to do.

"Draco? Hospital?" Ginny said guiding his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. Right, hospital," Draco said as he went over to her, grabbed her hand and then apparated to St.Mungo's Hospital.

They quickly appeared in the emergency wing.

"Nurse? My wife is about to give birth," Draco said to a nurse that started to come towards them.

"Of course," the nurse said as she wheeled around a wheelchair for Ginny, "here sit in this."

Ginny then sat down in the wheelchair, still having a hold of Draco's hand.

Just by looking in her eyes you could see that she was scared. She was terrified of what was to come. You could see that she didn't want to go alone. She wanted Draco. She wanted Draco to be with her.

Ginny held onto him as the nurse began to wheel her away.

"I'm sorry, but you cannot come," the nurse said to Draco.

"No! He stays with me!" Ginny said.

The nurse looked at Ginny sympathetically and said, "I'm sorry, dear. But the doctor won't allow it."

"You don't understand! I need him! I can't go through this alone!" Ginny pleaded with the nurse as pain swept through her whole body.

"I'm sorry. I'll speak with the doctor about it. I'll come back for you if he agrees. I promise. But for now, please wait in the waiting room," the nurse said as she began to wheel Ginny away.

By now, Ginny had tears streaming down her cheek as Draco's hand was slipping out of her's.

As the nurse took Ginny away into a room, Draco apparated to Harry and Hermione's place.

"Harry! Hermione!" Draco yelled.

"Easy, Draco. Rose just went to sleep and it was about time too. What are you doing here this late?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione, Ginny…. hospital …baby…coming," Draco managed to finish saying.

"Oh, well why the heck aren't you with her?" Hermione asked.

"The nurse wouldn't let me go with her. She was in tears when the nurse took her away," Draco said.

"What?" Harry asked now joining them.

"They wouldn't let me in," Draco repeated.

"You're kidding, right?" Harry asked.

"No, I'm not," Draco said. "Even if I was, Ginny wouldn't appreciate it."

By now, Hermione had gotten Harry's cloak along with her's. They looked at her with confused looks while she handed Harry his cloak and then put her's on. She was also carrying a sleeping Rose in her arms.

"What? What are you doing?" Draco asked.

"You didn't expect me to stay here while my best friend, besides Harry, is in pain in a hospital bed do you? Besides, they may of told you no, but they can't say no to me," Hermione said. "And no pregnant woman would appreciate it."

They all apparated to the hospital.

Before they knew it, the nurse was telling them no.

"What? A muggle hospital is better caring than this," Hermione told the nurse.

The nurse turned away and Hermione turned to Harry's arms, with Rose tucked between them.

"Is that true, Hermione?" Draco asked.

"In some cases, yes Draco they are. St.Mungo's might be able to reduce the pain, but in muggle hospitals, at least you get a whole lot more respect and care for," Hermione answered.

"I wonder how she's doing in there," Draco wondered aloud.

~*~

"AHHH! I WANT DRACO HERE NOW!" Ginny shouted at the nurse.

"Come on, Ginny. Just one push and this will all be over with," one of the nurses said.

"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? I WANT DRACO HERE NOW!" Ginny said.

"The nurse that's closest to the door, go get her husband," the nurse said finally giving in to Ginny's crankiness.

Instantly, Ginny felt a wave of calmness come over her.

Before long, Draco was by her side, holding her hand.

"Ok, now can we get this show on the road?" the nurse asked hastily.

"You bet," Ginny said as she began to push as she squeezed Draco's hand to death.

Soon, the pain was over and a baby's cries were heard through silence that a needle pin could be heard falling to the floor.

"You have a son," the nurse said.

Ginny looked at Draco teary eyed and said, "hi, daddy."

Draco's eyes were no longer dry when Ginny had said those words. Neither were Ginny's either.

"I love you," Draco said as the nurse handed their son to Ginny.

He then kissed her on the forehead and then looked at their newborn son.

"Well, obviously your name isn't Lucifer so then what is it?" Draco asked.

Ginny laughed at this and said, "You sure aren't. Let's just wait a while and see what we come up with."

"Ok… Mum," Draco said.

~*~

"What do you think is going on in there?" Hermione asked Harry as she leaned into his arms.

Rose was still asleep.

"I don't know. Want to alert Ron and the rest of the Weasley clan?" Harry asked.

"That's a brilliant idea Harry," Hermione said, "let's go."

They then held each other's hands, carefully held onto Rose, and apparated to the Burrow.

By now it was 5 in the morning. Only Mrs.Weasley was up.

"Well, hello dears. What brings you this early in the morning?" She asked taking Rose into her arms.

Before Harry or Hermione could answer, suddenly Draco appeared.

"Well, hello… Grandma," Draco said.

She couldn't believe it.

"Did you just call me…Grandma?" Molly asked, but couldn't believe it. She handed Rose back to Hermione.

"Yes, you now have a little grandson," Draco said.

She went up to him and gave him the biggest hug there possibly could be.

"Oh my goodness! There's no point in letting the rest of the house sleep when a new family member has joined us," Mrs. Weasley said and then yelled, "EVERYBODY UP!"

Draco smiled at her happiness for his and Ginny's new son, not to mention her new grandson.

A few tired, grumpy faces started to appear before her, one including Ron.

"Mum, its 5:30 in the morning. Couldn't you wait to serve breakfast til' at least 8 or 9 in the morning?" Ron asked.

"Ronald Weasley, how dare you try to sleep when a new family member has joined us this morning," Molly said.

"Mum… what? I don't see any new family member. Draco's only the latest new family member," Ron said.

"Oh, for heavens sake! Ron go upstairs and get dressed and then meet me back down here," Hermione ordered, as she handed Rose to Harry.

"Yes, Hermione," Ron answered.

Not even 3 minutes later Ron was dressed and downstairs like Hermione had told him.

Hermione went over to him, took his hand in her's and said, "Ron, trust me. Ok?"

"Ok, Hermione. Where ever you want to go, I'll go," Ron said.

Hermione then apparated them to Ginny, who was now in another room and was looking a lot better than before but this time with a baby boy in her arms.

"Ginny," Ron said as he let go of Hermione's hand and went to Ginny.

"Ron, you always were the stubborn one, especially this early in the morning," Ginny said.

They both laughed at this.

"Well, who might this be?" Ron asked pointing to his new nephew.

"Ron, meet your new nephew," Ginny said, "Adrian Matthew Malfoy."

Draco, who had apparated with Harry after Hermione and Ron did, went over to the other side of Ginny and looked at his son and said, "Well, looks like the name Lucifer didn't last, did it Adrian?"

"You bet it didn't," Ginny said as she kissed her son on the forehead and whispered, "I love you."

"May I hold him, Ginny?" Ron asked.

"Sure," Ginny said as she handed Adrian to his Uncle Ron.

"Hi there Adrian, I bet you won't sleep like your mother, a light sleeper she is," Ron began to say.

"Ron, don't remind me of that," Ginny said.

"Oh, sorry Gin, I bet it was hard to get Draco awake wasn't it?" Ron asked.

"You could say that again," Ginny said shaking her head at Draco.

"What? I inherited that from my mother," Draco said innocently.

"Always, the innocent one aren't you?" Ginny said sarcastically.

"Oh, come on," Draco said as he pulled her into his arms, "you know you love me."

"Yeah, that I do," Ginny said, "Ron?"

"Hmmm?"

"You think you could bring my son back?" Ginny asked.

"Oh, sure Gin. Sorry. Here you go," Ron said as he handed Adrian back to Ginny.

"May I Ginny?" Draco asked.

She nodded and then Draco scooped Adrian into his arms.

Before long, all of the Weasley clan was in the tiny room. All of the clan: Molly, Arthur, Charlie, Bill, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, and the newest, Adrian. Along with Harry, Hermione, Draco and Rose.

You've got to admit, having at least 12 adults and a newborn baby in a room, was pretty crowded.