Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 1: Fits of Laughter

If it hadn't been for Hermione, then Harry would still be in a depressing mood about the death of Sirius.

"Harry, I know you don't want to hear anything about Sirius, but I think I know a way to bring him back," Hermione said one day.

Harry turned to her. She had Rose in her arms.

"How? Can I hold her?" Harry asked.

Hermione then handed Rose over to Harry as she sat down next to him and said, "Ok, you remember how we brought your parents back?"

He nodded as she continued.

"Well, I was thinking maybe we can bring Sirius back, like we did for your parents." Hermione finished.

He looked at her, with his face glowing brighter than ever, kissed her and said, "That's brilliant, Hermione! What do you think Rosey-Rose?"

Rosey-Rose, was a nickname for Rose that Harry called her.

"Bre-ilant," the now four old Rose said with a giggle.

"Yeah, that's right Rosey-Rose," Harry said to his daughter cheerfully.

"Mummy? When arr' you going to ell' Daddy the ews'?" Rose asked, still having a little bit of problem when it came to her speech.

Hermione looked at her daughter and then to Harry.

"Yeah, Mummy, when are you going to tell Daddy the news?" Harry mimicked his daughter to Hermione.

Before she could answer, she began to feel sick, violently sick. She quickly ran out of the room.

"Well, Rosey-Rose," Harry said looking at his daughter, "Perhaps you could tell me the news?"

"Un-uh," Rose giggled.

"Please? Rosey-Rose? Please tell Daddy the news?" Harry asked hoping to get it out of her.

"Daddy! Seecret is a seecret," Rose said and then giggled again.

He looked at his daughter and said, "So I can't persuade you to tell me can I?"

"Un-uh," Rose said in a forceful tone.

"Alright then. Guess I'll just have to tickle you," Harry said.

"No!" Rose screamed with laughter as Harry began to tickle her.

"Tell Daddy the news and he'll stop tickling you," Harry said trying to get her to bite the bait.

This went on for a few minutes.

"Kay! Okay! Mummy's-"

"Harry! You little conniver! Come here, Rose. Yes, Mummy's here to rescue you," Hermione said scooping up Rose in her arms.

"Ha!" Rose said then stuck her tongue out to her father.

"Ahh! No fair! Rosey-Rose was about to tell me the news," Harry said pretending to pout.

"Haha! Mummy got you!" Rose giggled.

Harry then started to tickle Rose again.

"Mummy! Ave me!" Rose screamed with laughter.

"Don't worry, Mummy's got you. Daddy won't be able to tickle you anymore," Hermione said as she turned away from Harry and took Rose to the nursery.

After five minutes of arguing with Rose, she finally settled down from the fits of laughter and fell asleep.

Hermione then returned to Harry.

"So, what was the news that Rose tried so desperately not to tell me until you came to the rescue?" Harry asked.

"I…I'm…"

"You're what?"

"I'm pregnant," Hermione said.

"Really?" Harry said as his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Yes, really," Hermione answered.

"Oh, Hermione! This is great!" Harry said as he kissed her.

"Mmmm…" Hermione moaned as he kissed her.

She deepened the kiss as she slung her arms around his neck.

Suddenly, that sick feeling in her stomach came back. She immediately emerged from Harry's mouth and ran towards the bathroom.

~*~*~*~

"Ginny!" Draco yelled as he entered their new manor, "Where are you?"

"In the kitchen, dear," Ginny answered back.

As Draco entered the kitchen he said, "Ginny! I thought I told you to just let the house elves take care of the food?"

As soon as Draco had said the words, house elves, one of them appeared and tried to take over the kitchen.

"No! Kreacher! Unless, I'm sick or not able to be in the kitchen for any reason, then stay out of my kitchen!" Ginny said to Kreacher.

"Sorry, m'lady. I understand, please forgive Kreacher?" Kreacher said.

Sirius had ordered Kreacher before he died, to obey Harry after he died. Then Harry ordered Kreacher to obey Ginny and Draco Malfoy. So he did. Now he belonged to the Malfoy's. He was now their family servant.

Draco, who could see the stress build up in her Weasley temper gauge and in her muscles, decided to try to ease her a little bit.

"Ok, sorry about that love," Draco said.

"That's ok. Just make sure you don't go messin' in my kitchen either," Ginny responded back with a giggle.

Draco then went up behind her and put his arms around her with his hands settled on her stomach.

"So, how's baby Lucifer?" Draco asked expecting to get hit causing her red-haired temper to flare.

"Lucifer! What! No way! No son of mine is going to be named Lucifer!"

"Ok, ok," Draco chuckled, "Easy Gin. You sure are cute when you're pregnant and riled up."

"Oh, thanks," Ginny said, "but how do you know it's a boy? It could easily be a girl."

"Oh, come on Gin," Draco said trying to bring her patience level back down to normal, " you took the test, you know what it said."

"Those could be wrong you know," Ginny said.

"Sorry my love, but you're going to give birth in three months to a boy," Draco said as he kissed her on the cheek.

"You're hopeless you know. You could have been useful and just lied to me about it being a girl," Ginny said.

"You mean I'm not useful for this?" Draco said as he turned her around towards him and kissed her on the lips and gave her a passionate but gentle kiss.

"Well, there's one reason why you're still here," Ginny said back to him as she leaned back into him and French kissed him.

While they kissed, Kreacher began to help with cooking the food. Draco purposely told him to come back into the kitchen while he entertained Ginny. Draco pulled her away from the stove and eventually the whole kitchen and finally brought her to the study, as he sat down with her on his lap. She was heavy, but that was to be expected considering she was pregnant.

She pulled out of the kiss and said, "Sorry, I forgot to tell you this but I invited Harry, Hermione and Rose over for dinner. Hope that's ok with you?"

"Sure that's fine," Draco said, "Now where were we?"

"I believe it was here," Ginny said as she French kissed him again.

It was about half an hour later when the door bell rang, neither of them getting up to get it. They were so wound up in snogging that Kreacher had to come out and just take one look at them to be able to tell they didn't hear the door.

Kreacher opened the door and said, "Welcome, Harry Potter, Hermione Potter, and Rosey-Rose Potter."

"Hello, Kreacher. How are you?" Hermione asked.

"I'm fine, but uh…. I'm afraid the master and mistress are a little wound up right now, but please do come in. Dinner will be served shortly," Kreacher said.

Hermione was about to go over to Ginny and Draco but Rose beat her to it.

"Aunt Ginny! Uncle Draco! Guess what?" Rose giggled as she spooked Ginny and Draco from their snogging.

"Um… hello Rose," Ginny said a little flustered.

"Yes, hello Rosey-Rose," Draco said as he grabbed her up in his arms and gave her a hug.

"You aren't going to ickle me arr' you?" Rose asked.

"No, why would I do that?" Draco asked.

"Cause, Daddy was mean to me earlier and started tickling me to get me to ell' him Mummy's ews'," Rose answered.

"And what is your Mummy's news?" Ginny asked.

"I'm pregnant," Hermione answered Ginny.

"Hermione!" Ginny said as she ran waddled over to Hermione, "that's great!" She then embraced her in a hug.

"The bathroom is down that hallway third door to the left, if you need it," Ginny whispered to Hermione.

"Thanks Ginny," Hermione said.

Suddenly they heard a squeal of laughter.

"Hey! You aid' you ouln't ickle me!" Rose yelped as Draco tickled her.

"I keep having to rescue you, don't I Rose?" Hermione said as she scooped Rose into her arms away from Draco.

"Yep," Rose said.

"Excuse me," Kreacher said, "Dinner is served."

Later on after dinner, they were all settled in the living room in front of the fireplace when Hermione said, "Thanks for dinner. Rose say thank-you."

Rose went over to Draco, climbed up into his lap and said, "Thank-you, Uncle Draco and Aunt Ginny." Rose then gave Draco a kiss on the cheek.

"Well, well. Draco, you seemed to please her well," Ginny said, "Come here, you."

Rose then went into Ginny's lap and said, " I love you, Aunt Ginny."

"Ahh! Sweetie, I love you too," Ginny said back, teary eyed.

"Aunt Ginny! Don't cry! Did the ickle monster get you too?" Rose asked.

"Hey, the tickle monster is right here," Draco said as he scooped her up and started tickling Rose.

"No! You're as bad as Daddy!" Rose screamed with laughter.

"Oh, I am. Well, would you rather have your Daddy tickle you?" Draco asked.

Harry, who was sitting next to Draco said, " Yeah, Rosey-Rose. Do you want me to tickle you too?" Harry then started tickling her too.

"NO! You two are the orst in the orld!" Rose screamed again with fits of laughter.

"Oh, we are, are we?" Draco asked.

"YES! STOP!" Rose said, trying to get loose from the tickle monsters.

"Alright, you two! Enough is enough. Come here, Rose," Ginny said as she rescued her from Draco and Harry.

"Thank-you! I thought they'd never be civilized!" Rose said to Ginny.

Hermione and Ginny then burst into laughter at her words.

"What? It's true," Rose said not understanding why they were laughing.

"Oh, sweetie! It's ok. They may seem bad but their ok," Ginny said.

"Alright, Rose. It's time to say good-bye," Hermione said.

"You're making me go home with a ickle monster?" Rose asked as her face when white like a ghost.

Draco and Ginny chuckled at this conversation between Rose and her mother.

"I promise, I won't let Daddy tickle you anymore tonight or tomorrow. Isn't that right, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Right," Harry said to Rose.

"You have to promise, Daddy!" Rose said.

"Ok, I promise Rosey-Rose," Harry said to Rose.

"And you have to promise too!" Rose said to Draco.

"Me?" Draco asked.

"Yes, you Uncle Draco," Rose said.

"Well, alright. I promise," Draco answered.

"You'd better! Other-ise, I ouldn't ome ack to see you," Rose said.

"Yes, ma'am," Draco said as he saluted her.

"That's your child, Harry," Hermione said.

"Mine?"

"Yes, she acts just exactly like you. The only difference is that she has my hair and your father's blue eyes," Hermione said.

"Mummy! I'm your child too!" Rose said still not getting it.

"Oh, I know sweetie. You'll always be my little girl," Hermione answered.

"Ood," Rose said in a tone to send them into tears with laughter.

All through the night, Rose sent them though fits of laughter. She didn't mean to, it was just she did naturally.