Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 7: Weasley Temper and the Tories Sudcattle

Ginny was already in the kitchen making breakfast when Harry appeared before her.

"Hello Harry," Ginny said.

"Hello Ginny," Harry said, "How's Rose?"

"She's still asleep I assume," Ginny answered, "How's Hermione?"

"She's sleeping at the hospital right now," Harry answered.

"What time was the baby born?" Ginny asked.

"About five hours ago, 4:21 am," Harry answered.

"Harry James Potter! Go back to Hermione or get some sleep. I don't think you want Rose to see you all grumpy, and with about less than 3 or 4 hours of sleep probably," Ginny ordered.

"Ginny, I'm fine," Harry pleaded.

"Harry GO. Don't show your face back here until you've had at least a full day's rest in you. Now GO!" Ginny ordered.

"Ginny-"

"Harry, don't argue with her. A redhead's wrath isn't a match for you. For that matter, neither is it for me," Draco said as he came in carrying Adrian in his arms.

"Right, see you later," Harry said.

"Wait," Ginny said.

"What?" Harry asked.

"What's the baby's name?" Ginny asked.

"Oh, Lillian Marie," Harry answered, "bye."

Then he left and went to Hermione.

"Morning," Draco said to Ginny as he sat down with Adrian in his arms still asleep.

"Morning, I hope Adrian didn't keep you up much longer than he had to," Ginny said.

"You really didn't have a clue as to what time it was that I finally came back to you with my arms around you as you slept do you?" Draco asked.

"Was I sleep-deprived that much?" Ginny asked.

"Oh, don't worry about it. You seem to be awake enough," Draco said.

"That sure isn't the way I feel. Why don't you go put Adrian back in his crib and bring Rose in here for breakfast," Ginny said.

"Alright," Draco said, "But I want something first."

"What?" Ginny asked.

"This," Draco said as he kissed her.

"Mmm," Ginny groaned.

"Ginny, I want another child," Draco said.

"So, do I, but not right away. Let's wait another couple of months, wait until Adrian is at least a little bit older ok?" Ginny asked.

"Alright, wouldn't want you to be getting fat on me again so soon," Draco said with a smirk on his face.

"Why you little conniving trickster, Draco Malfoy you are going to wish you hadn't of said that," Ginny said.

"Oh? Am I really?" Draco asked, "Seems you're the one who told Rose to ask me that little embarrassing question."

"You obviously made it though. You're still here," Ginny said.

Before he could respond, Ginny had begun to kiss him.

Outside, it was raining. Pouring was more like it. But the sense of rain always made Ginny relax more. It was a sign of peace was on the way.

Ginny emerged from the kiss, grabbed his hand and said, "Come on, let's go outside."

"Ginny, it's raining cats and dogs basically out there," Draco said.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me you never played in the rain?" Ginny asked.

Draco didn't say anything. Ginny's face went to a shock as if it was a crime to not play in the rain.

"Come on, it's fun. You're missing out if you don't," Ginny said and then led him towards the back door beside the kitchen windows.

"Ginny, what about Adrian and Rose?" Draco asked.

"Well, I'll be right back then," Ginny said as she scooped up Adrian in her arms and headed back towards her room.

She gently laid him down in his crib, pulled a small cover over his little body and apparated to Draco.

"Whoa," Draco said as Ginny startled him.

"Sorry," Ginny said, "Come on let's go."

She then grabbed his hand and apparated outside directly under the rain from the skies above their heads.

Ginny started to twirl as the rain fell from the sky.

She looked at Draco. He was just standing there.

"Come on, don't tell me you've never twirled before," Ginny said as she took a hold of his hands and began to twirl around and around and eventually falling to the ground tumbling over each other laughing uncontrollably.

He looked at her.

She's beautiful, Draco thought.

They were still lying on the ground while the rain fell.

He leaned into her and kissed her gently.

He could hear the moans in her the back of her throat as he kissed her.

Her mouth tasted sweet like honey.

He started to nibble at her neck.

"Draco, we can't," Ginny said as he began to nibble her skin lightly.

"Sure we can Ginny," Draco said still continuing.

"No Draco we can't. Not here or now. I've still got," Ginny said as she started to remember that she was cooking breakfast before they went playing in the rain, "oh my! Breakfast! Still on stove!"

She then apparated out of Draco's arms and into the kitchen.

Surprisingly, nothing was burning. Everything was already set on the table ready to be eaten.

"What? How?" Ginny asked in amazement.

"Ginny, I thought you said you weren't done cooking?" Draco asked.

"I wasn't. I didn't do this," Ginny said.

"Well who did?" Draco asked.

"I don't know," Ginny said, "Draco?"

"Yes?" Draco answered.

"I'm scared. Something doesn't seem right. Does it seem a little too quiet to you?" Ginny asked.

"Now that you mention it, yes it does. You check on Rose. I'll check on Adrian," Draco said.

Draco turned to start walking towards his room when Ginny apparated to Rose's room.

In less than five seconds she was right back in front of him.

"Rose is still here," Ginny said as she then apparated to their bedroom.

She appeared in their bedroom. She walked over to Adrian's crib.

"HE'S NOT HERE!" Ginny yelled, "WHERE IS HE?"

She began to cry.

Draco, who heard her screams apparated to her side and pulled her towards him as she cried.

"Draco, he's gone," Ginny sobbed.

"Shh…" Draco said, "We'll find him."

"Hold on, there's a note in his crib," Ginny sobbed.

Draco picked it up and read…

Don't worry, I'll keep your son safe. I won't harm him, yet. Nice little snogging session you two had just earlier.

"Draco, what are we going to do?" Ginny sobbed.

"Ginny, stay with Rose. I'll be right back ok?" Draco asked.

"No! You are not leaving me! Don't you dare leave me alone Draco!" Ginny said.

"Ginny take Rose with you and go to Ron," Draco said sternly.

"Draco, I'm scared," Ginny trembled with tears falling down her cheeks.

"I know sweetheart," Draco said as he gathered her into his arms and kissed her forehead and then said, "Now go get Rose and go to Ron. You'll be safe with Ron. Just explain to him what's going on and I'll be back shortly."

"Ok, don't be too long," Ginny said as she apparated to Rose and then gathered her up and went to the fireplace and said, "Ron's Flat!"

"Ginny! What on earth?" Ron asked alarmed at seeing Ginny in tears with Rose in her arms.

He took her from her arms and handed Rose to Fred, who was right next to him.

"Gin, what's the matter?" Ron asked.

She burst into tears as Ron pulled her towards him and let her cry it out whatever it was that was troubling her so much as he put his arms around her.

"Gin, what's wrong?" Ron asked again once she was a little more stable than before.

"Ron, Adrian… he's…gone," Ginny said as she burst into tears again.

"Ginny, what do you mean by gone?" Ron said as he pulled her out of his embrace and looked her straight into her eyes.

"We were playing in the rain while they were still asleep and I came back in thinking the food from breakfast was burning. When I got there, the food wasn't burning. Everything was set on the table. I hadn't even of finished cooking and there it was already finished and on the table. I told Draco it seemed a little too quiet, so we agreed for me to check on Rose while he checked on Adrian. I apparated to Rose and then back to Draco. Rose was still asleep and then I apparated to Adrian's crib. He…" Ginny paused, "he… wasn't in… his crib. He's been kidnapped. We found a note in his crib saying that whoever it was would keep him safe and not harm him… yet."

She burst into tears again as Ron held her tight in his arms while he rubbed her back.

~*~*~

Draco then apparated to Harry and Hermione at the hospital.

"Draco! What in the world?" Hermione asked holding Lillian with a small bottle of milk in her hand that was feeding her.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you two but you need to take Rose back or take her to your parents' Harry. If she stays with us, she's in danger," Draco said.

"Danger? Everything was fine this morning when I was there," Harry said now alarmed.

"Yes. Ginny came back in thinking the food was burning and noticed that it was already on the table and waiting. Ginny jumped to the quickest way to check on Rose, which was to apparate to her room. She was still asleep when Ginny checked on her. She apparated back to me to tell me that before I got the chance to move, then she apparated to our bedroom. That's when I heard her screams. Adrian's missing. The only person I can think of that would have taken him would be my father but he's already in Azkaban. Ginny took Rose and went to Ron's flat, so if you want to go get her I understand," Draco said.

"No, she's safe there with Ron," Harry said.

"Was there any note or anything left behind?" Hermione asked taking all of this in.

"Yes there was a note that said, `don't worry, I'll keep your son safe. I won't harm him, yet'," Draco said imitating what the letter said, leaving out that little last part.

"Did you perform a spell on it to see who it was from?" Hermione asked.

"No," Draco said.

"Do you have the note with you?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, I do," Draco answered back, handing it to her.

She muttered the spell with her wand and the name appeared before her.

She gasped.

"What is it Hermione?" Draco asked.

"It's Kreacher," Hermione said.

"What?" Draco said.

"It's Kreacher," Hermione repeated.

"Excuse me, I've suddenly got to go strangle an elf," Draco said.

"Draco! Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Where else? To strangle that little,-"

"Draco! Not to where Lillian can hear you swear," Hermione scolded him.

"Sorry. I've got to now," Draco said.

"Draco, wait!" Harry said.

"What is it?" Draco asked getting irritated.

"Go to Ginny and take her with you. She'd love to pulverize that creature to a pulp and scare it out of its mind," Harry answered.

Draco smirked at Harry's comment and said, "Thanks. I'll go to Ginny."

And then he was gone.

"Harry, maybe you'd better follow him," Hermione suggested.

"Good idea," Harry said as he kissed her forehead and then Lillian's forehead, "I'll be back soon."

"Ok," Hermione said.

Then Harry was gone.

~*~*~

Ginny was still in tears when Draco arrived.

"Ginny! I think I've found Adrian," Draco said as she went into his arms.

"Where?" Ginny asked now very aware of what was going on.

"Before you say anything Draco, I'd suggest that Ron and I go with you," Harry said appearing in the room.

"Where is he?" Ginny asked.

"Alright you two can come," Draco said.

"WHERE'S ADRIAN?" Ginny demanded with her famous Weasley temper climbing heights.

Yikes! Redhead temper flarin' away. Not good. Ron thought as he flinched when hearing Ginny's voice start to speak up louder and louder.

Draco grabbed a hold of Ginny and apparated them to the Manor.

"The manor? What are we doing here?" Ginny asked.

"KREACHER!" Draco yelled.

"Kreacher?" Ginny asked questionably.

Immediately, Kreacher appeared.

"Where is he?" Draco asked.

"YOU TOOK ADRIAN?" Ginny asked in rage.

"Yes I did. And you won't find out where he is either," Kreacher said.

"WHERE IS HE?" Ginny yelled at him.

"Not telling," Kreacher said.

"Kreacher! You tell Ginny right now or you'll be in more danger than you can shake a stick at," Harry said now appearing with Ron in the Manor.

"I don't care you'll never know where he is," Kreacher said.

Before Kreacher knew it, Ginny was literally strangling him.

"Ginny!" Draco said as he pried her away from Kreacher, "Kreacher, unless you want Ginny here, to strangle you again then I'd suggest you start talkin'."

"No," Kreacher said and then disappeared.

"NO! KREACHER YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Ginny yelled as Draco held her back.

"Ginny," Draco said.

"NO!" Ginny yelled.

"Ginny!" Draco said getting her to calm down a bit.

"I'll get him," a voice said.

"Sarah?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry, it's me. I can get him back. But I need you to come with me," Sarah said.

"Ok, Draco, Ginny. We'll be back," Harry said.

And then they were gone.

"Come on Ginny, let's go sit down," Draco said.

They were in the kitchen.

"Wait," Ginny said.

He stopped as she went over to the table and with the wave of her hand; dishes on the table with food on them went flying towards the wall.

Both Ron and Draco flinched as they heard the dishes going flying into the wall.

By now, it was thundering hard outside.

With the wave of her hand the door flew open and out she went, madder than heck. Eyes glazing redder than ever.

Draco watched as she practically flew out the door and then started rising in the air towards the storm.

"Ginny!" Draco yelled as he went after her in the rain.

"Draco!" Ron yelled after him, "Don't go after her! It's dangerous!"

"What do you mean it's dangerous? She's storming mad as it is!" Draco yelled.

"Draco, don't go after her. I mean it. You've been on the receiving end of her wrath haven't you?" Ron asked.

He nodded.

"Well, what you're witnessing is not her wrath. It's the Weasley temper in full blazing power. No one except everyone in our family knew about it. It's the one thing that could scare the living daylights out of anybody that comes across the one who is in full power with it. It hasn't come to power like that in over a century! No one knew who would end up with it in his or her blood so no one mentioned it often but on rare occasion. Trust me you don't want to be in the way of her path right now," Ron said holding Draco back.

"But when will she come back down?" Draco asked.

"When she emotionally cools off," Ron said, "Once she sees that Adrian is back where he belongs she'll come back down from the raging storm raging inside of her."

"How long is that going to take?" Draco asked.

"Who knows? This hasn't happened in a century. The last time it happened, it took five days before the last person who activated it came down," Ron said.

"Great! Is there anyway to bring her down forcefully?" Draco said.

"Yes, but it'd be no use. She'd just go right back up again, but higher instead almost impossible to bring her down," Ron said.

From outside they could hear Ginny's raging voice start to sound the air below her.

"DAMN YOU KREACHER! GIVE ME BACK MY SON!" Ginny screamed at the top of her lungs to where everybody in the wizarding world could hear her.

"Oh no! Not the Tories Sudcattle," Ron said, muttering.

"The what?" Draco asked.

"The Tories Sudcattle. It's the next step in the full power of the Weasley temper. Instead of just rising in the air with the storm, her thoughts and words can be heard all over the wizarding world. It scared half the population of us last time it happened," Ron said.

"WHERE IS HE? BRING HIM BACK NOW!"

The entire Weasley line appeared before them.

The ones that were living were now where Ron and Draco stood outside on the porch.

"GIVE HIM BACK!" Ginny yelled.

"Ron! Was that Ginny?" Arthur asked, looking up in the sky.

"Yes and Dad? She's fuming. She's gonna get so high that she won't be able to see Adrian back with Harry and Sarah when they return," Ron answered.

"KREACHER! I WANT MY SON NOW!"

"That's what I was afraid of. Haven't seen some of our ancestors in awhile, guess now is a perfect time," Arthur said as he stepped out into the rain and into the open field around where Ginny had once risen from the ground.

"What does he mean by that?" Draco asked.

"Oh, don't worry dear. The only other way to bring Ginny back down safely and not to where she could easily go right back up and higher possibly is for the last person who activated it to go up there and bring her down themselves. They'll speak with her; and everyone will be able to hear their conversation; until they come down together in peace. She might still be on a little rampage but she'll be alright," Molly said as she went over to Draco and Ron.

~*~*~

Her thoughts were rumbling with fear and anger at the moment. She never thought that someone would take her only child from her. And now that someone did. They were in for a rude awakening. A deathly awakening.

She then pointed her hand towards an area and then lightning stuck it.

~*~*~

back down to earth..

"Ok, did she just use a lightning bolt?" Draco asked.

"Yes, dear. She did. This could get deathly if Adrian doesn't appear soon. I remember the last person ended up getting somebody killed. Not on purpose but it's still dangerous," Molly said.

All of the Weasley brothers' plus Draco gathered around Molly as Arthur came back over to them soaking wet.

"What do we do now?" Draco asked.

"They'll appear when she needs them most. Even though she might not realize it," Arthur said.

"Who are they?" Draco asked.

"All of our ancestors that have activated the deadly power as it were before," Arthur said.

"Is it dangerous for Ginny?" Draco asked.

"Not really. It's only dangerous for us. We're the ones down here. Every time it thunders or when lightning strikes, it's actually Ginny who is controlling the weather with her raging emotions, temper, power, and the most dangerous, her attitude. The only way that they can't get her down until she emotionally cools off is if her blood is boiling madly, literally," Arthur said. "It won't hurt her though."

Right then the thunders got worse as Arthur had said that.

"DAMN IT! WHERE IS HE KREACHER?"

"See, what'd I tell you?" Arthur said, "The longer it is before Adrian appears, the worse it gets."

"Draco!" Harry said as him and Sarah appeared.

Adrian in Sarah's arms holding tight onto her ever since he heard his mother's voice in such a rage.

He had heard his father swear before but never like Ginny was doing at the moment. She never did that. At least not to where he could hear.

"Adrian!" Draco said as he rushed over to Sarah and took him out of her arms.

"What about Kreacher?" Draco asked.

"Don't worry about him. I took care of him," Sarah said, "let's just say that you won't have to deal with him anymore."

"Thanks," Draco said holding on tight to Adrian.

Again you could hear Ginny's raging voice yell, "WHERE IS HE?"

"Your welcome, now about Ginny. Isn't about time the former activators appeared?" Sarah asked.

"Yes it is," Arthur said.

"No problem," Sarah said.

She then snapped her fingers in the direction where they would appear and they did.

There were about a thousand of them.

"I didn't realize there were so many," Arthur said, "You know Sarah, you and Harry are really quite a pair when it comes to magic, even if you are brother and sister."

"Oh, not all of them are going up there to her. Only the last three are," Sarah said as Ginny's voice filled the air again.

"KREACHER, YOU'RE DEAD MEAT! GIVE ME MY SON BACK!"

"Oh, not good when she starts making threats, we'd better get inside before this turns into a dangerous, violent storm that could kill all of us," Arthur said.

"I PROMISE, IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE THE DAYLIGHT OF THE NEXT DAY AFTER I GET HIM BACK!"

"No," one of the three said as they came towards them.

"You must give us the child to take up there for her to see. Otherwise it'll only get worse," the woman said, "don't worry once he's in our hands he won't even get rained on. He's protected by us and of course by his mother once she gets him in her arms."

She went over to Draco and took Adrian out of his arms.

She waved her hand over his face and an automatic force field from the rain went over him.

"Let's go," a man said that was with them.

"Yes, the sooner the better," the other woman said.

The three then walked out into the rain with Adrian. They rose from the ground and eventually to the height of where Ginny was.

"WHERE IS HE KREACHER? YOU WON'T LIVE AFTER THIS I PROMISE!" Ginny's voice sounded the wizarding world.

By now, all of the Hogwarts Professors were surrounding the area down below them.

"What's going on Arthur?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"It's Ginny. Kreacher, the house elf that used to belong to Sirius Black, kidnapped Ginny and Draco's son, and now she's storming mad with the Weasley temper plus the Tories Sudcattle in full activated power. The last three activators just went up there with Adrian to Ginny," Arthur said.

"Oh dear. No wonder the entire castle shook with fear," Professor McGonagall answered. "The students are all in their common rooms scared stiff. Professor Snape and I came to see what was going on."

"How long has she been up there? Knew that Kreacher creature couldn't be trusted," Professor Snape sneered.

"For a while now, if she doesn't come down soon, it'll be a terrible sight," Draco said. "Professor, sorry to awake the whole wizarding world."

"No need to apologize for that Mr.Malfoy," Snape said. "My great-great-great-great aunt was the one killed last time this happened. She tried to help him, claiming that she loved him but yet, a lighting bolt stuck her dead."

"Yes Professor," Draco said.

"I do wish you wouldn't call me that anymore. You're no longer a student of mine, you may call me just Snape if you like," Snape said.

"If you like," Draco said. "Snape."

~*~*~

"Ginny!" the first woman said.

"WHERE IS HE?" Ginny responded back with her eyes filled with redness and tears.

"He's right here Ginny," the man said.

"ADRIAN!" Ginny yelled as she rushed over to them from the other side of the sky.

Adrian started crying at the sound of his mother's voice still raging mad with fury.

"Oh, Adrian. Come here. Mummy's here," Ginny said gently as she received him into her arms.

The last three activators smiled and went back down to the ground.

"You're safe now," Ginny cooed as she held her moment with him in her arms.

~*~*~

"Wait a minute! How come they came down and not Ginny and Adrian?" Draco asked, "I thought you said they would?"

"I did. That's what I thought," Molly answered, "Arthur?"

"Right," Arthur said, "Draco you'll need to go right beside the place where she first went up. Then she'll come down with Adrian in her arms with tears streaming down her face. They will still have the water repellant shield on them."

Draco went over to the place where Ginny had risen before and stood there and looked up towards the sky as he began to see Ginny floating down with Adrian in her arms.

Finally, she came feet to the ground.

"Draco," Ginny sobbed uncontrollably.

"Sshh," Draco said as he pulled her towards him and said, "It'll be alright. He's safe now."

"I could have just made things worse," Ginny sobbed.

"Ginny, you didn't though," Draco said.

"But I could have. That power can be deadly to everyone in the wizarding world. It's killed people before," Ginny sobbed.

"Ginny take a hold of yourself. All that's important is that you didn't and that you and Adrian are safe," Draco said.

By now, all of the other Weasley's and Harry and Sarah had disappeared.

"Come on, let's go inside," Draco said.

He led her inside while she continued to shake a bit.

He led her into their room.

He took Adrian from her grasp and laid him in his crib.

He then went over to Ginny, who was now about to lose it, and wrapped his arms around her as she burst into tears.

He held her tight as she cried.

She began to fall asleep in his hold of her.

He gently picked her up and then laid her down on the bed and pulled a cover over her while she slept.