Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 19: Elemental Baby

Harry and Hermione were sitting on the couch that sat katy-cornered to the fireplace in their study on a cold December morning. The fireplace was a blazing a nice warm and cozy fire. Across from them in a chair, was Ginny, just relaxing with them at first, then she fell asleep. Hermione told Harry not to wake her. She needed her sleep.

Draco appeared in front Harry and Hermione.

"Have you two seen Ginny?" Draco asked, rather kind of loud.

"Shh!" Hermione said, shushing him. "I don't think it'd be wise to wake your wife, just about now. She needs her sleep and so she will receive her sleep. And don't you dare try to wake her."

"But," Draco said, going over to Ginny. He reached his hand out towards Ginny.

"Try me," Hermione said, just before he touched her. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Mione, she has been asleep for a while now," Harry said. "She does need to get up before she makes it to where she won't be able to sleep later tonight."

"Just leave her there for a couple more minutes," Hermione argued.

"No," Harry said. "Draco, go ahead and wake her up."

Just as soon as Draco even laid a finger on Ginny, a force field suddenly threw him back. Harry went over to Draco and helped him up.

"Ok, what the hell was that for?" Draco asked, rather kind of loud. Or rather loud enough to wake Ginny from her sleep.

Ginny opened her eyes to see Draco furiously upset. Hermione was still on the couch, except wide-eyed. Harry was still trying to calm Draco down.

"What's wrong with you?" Ginny asked.

"Are you sure that baby is mine?" Draco quickly asked.

"What the hell is wrong with you to be asking that?" Ginny asked, getting up from where she was previously sleeping.

"I sure as hell wouldn't think my baby would throw me half across the room just to try to wake you up," Draco snarled at Ginny.

"What are you talking about?" Ginny asked.

"Gin," Harry said softly. "That's what the baby just did."

"What?" Ginny asked, putting her hands over her stomach. "There's no way that's possible. I would have known, right?"

"Actually, yes Ginny it is," Hermione said. "And yes Draco, the baby is yours. The baby is probably just an elemental or something."

"How do you know that?" Ginny asked.

"Well for one," Hermione said. "Rose did the same thing to Harry before she was born. That and I looked it up."

Of course you did, Ginny sarcastically thought.

"What do we do now? I can't stand not to be near him," Ginny said, going over to Draco. Before she could get about 3 inches from him, the baby threw her back to the mini couch.

"Ginny!" Draco said, as he went to her, but stayed back, fearing of what the baby could do to him the second time around.

"This is hopeless," Ginny said, starting to cry. "I can't even get close enough to kiss my husband. You hear that in there? You're making your mother upset!"

Ginny's last two outcries were directed to the baby. Hermione got up and went over to her cautiously. Draco and Harry watched cautiously.

"Mione," Harry said.

"Don't worry Harry," Hermione said. "I'll be fine. Remember we have at least every thing soft in here in case I do get thrown."

Hermione reached Ginny and touched her hand.

"See?" Hermione said. "Apparently, I'm fine."

"Harry you try," Draco said. "If it's just me then at least the baby won't harm anybody else."

Harry did the same as Hermione and succeeded.

"Ok," Ginny said getting up. "I'm going to try to get close to him again. Let's try to hold onto each other this time."

"Ok," Draco said, as he put his arms out for her to grab a hold of. "Be careful though."

Ginny went over this time. Touched his hands and then the baby instantly threw both of them back. But the baby didn't win this time. Ginny and Draco were still holding onto each other.

"Oh! Ow!" Ginny said.

"What's the matter?" Draco said, trying to pull her further towards him.

"The baby is retaliating against us so, it decided to kick me," Ginny said, now about 2 inches from Draco's face.

Draco stooped his head down a little bit and covered her lips with his. The baby tried to resist but instead both Ginny and Draco pulled the other closer.

"It'll be ok," Draco whispered against Ginny's lips.

"I think I'd better go sit down before the baby kicks me to death," Ginny said. "I can't stand not being close to you but I also can't stand to be kicked at the same time."

Draco nodded at her and kissed her again and then let her go. Ginny went to sit on the couch.

"Ok Mione," Ginny said. "What did you two do when Rose was like this?"

"Mione, no!" Harry said, before Hermione got a chance to speak. "Don't make them go through what you put me through."

"Harry, that spell only focuses on what needs to be solved. Trust me it won't hurt them," Hermione said.

"What is it?" Ginny asked.

"You don't need it!" Harry said.

"Harry, hush," Hermione said. "It may help them."

"Hermione, if I may remind you," Harry said. "It took a great while to get you to wake up. If it wasn't for Sarah then you wouldn't have been able to come out of that state."

"What state?" Draco asked. "Ginny, if it's as dangerous as it sounds, than you're not doing that."

"She was in her own nightmare and she was unconscious," Harry said.

"Harry it wasn't that bad," Hermione said.

"Hermione, don't kid yourself. You nearly scared me half out of my wits. Draco, don't let her do it," Harry said.

"Right," Draco said. "Ginny, we'll find another way to figure this out. I promise."

"We'd better," Ginny said. "Because I can't stand not to be near you."

"I know baby, I know," Draco said, coming closer to her, not having a care in the world if the baby would throw him away again.

Draco took a hold of her at her hips and pulled her closer. Leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. The kiss was infuriating. Heck, it was like a fire starting and never ending.

"Let's go home Ginny," Draco said against her lips.

"Yes," Ginny said, understanding him perfectly, "lets."

"See you two later," Draco said towards Hermione and Harry.

"Bye," Harry and Hermione said.

Ginny then took Draco's hand and apparated to their bedroom, more like on top of their bed.

"Why Ginny, my dear, you seem to look as if you need some attention," Draco said, flirting.

"You bet I do," Ginny said. "Care to offer some to a mother of an Elemental baby?"

"It'll be my pleasure," Draco said, ending their words with a kiss and also beginning an adventure for both of them for the time being for the next several hours.