Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Section 7: Final Gate to Heaven

song: Angel by Sarah McLachlan

You spend all your time waiting for that second chance

For a break that would make it OK

There's always some reason to feel not good enough

And it's hard at the end of the day

I need some distraction, oh, beautiful release

Memory seep from my veins

Let me be empty, oh, and weightless

And maybe I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of the angel

Fly away from here

From this dark cold hotel room

And the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage

Of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort here

You're so tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn

There's vultures and thieves at your back

The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies

That you make up for all that you lack

It don't make no difference

Escaping one last time, it's easier to believe

In this sweet madness, oh, this glorious sadness

That brings me to my knees

In the arms of the angel

Fly away from here

From this dark cold hotel room

And the endlessness that you fear

Oh, you are pulled from the wreckage

Of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort here

In the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort here

Oooh, oooh

Oooooh

~*~*~*~

"Mum?" a voice said.

"Yes Harry?" Lily answered.

"Do you know when the time is when we go to Heaven?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Lily said. "Soon Harry, soon."

"How soon?" Harry asked.

Harry was tired of being a ghost. He couldn't see how Sarah and Nicole could stand it. It pained him long enough to have to watch over his family on Earth when he knew he couldn't see them until a very long time later on.

"Harry," Lily said, coming over to him and taking a hold of his hand. "We all are ready to go, but a few key events must happen before we can continue our journey."

"What events are you talking about Mum?" Harry asked.

"Have you not been watching your family lately?" Lily asked.

Harry didn't say a word.

"Just remember, the journey is not complete until the events have been set in stone," Lily said.

~*~*~*~

The starry sky clouded as a pair of blue eyes looked above from the ground. Kyle Malfoy had been looking up at the stars since he was a little boy. It was always a comfort to him whenever he was upset or just needed time away. And this, unfortunately, was one of those times.

Kyle had just turned seventeen only about a mere three days ago, and already things were turning out for the worst in his life. His girlfriend of at least half his life now was suddenly telling him things were over. Just like that. No explanation or anything. His heart had broken. He couldn't figure out what or why something had happened. Or also, why did it have to be told to him on his birthday?

Ginny and Draco had tried their best to cheer up their grandson, even his mother and father tried, but nothing had worked. Even his aunt's and uncle's tried, but also nothing worked. He just stayed in his room most of the time, or would go to his little place by the pasture and the lake, there was a swing there also but he hardly used it. The grass was much softer. He had charmed it to be clean in that area; like his grandfather, no doubt.

Then just today, he had gotten a visit from his Uncle Ryan's niece, Aaliyah. She was beautiful. She looked like the Muggle Disney character called Snow White, skin white as snow and lips red as blood, her hair was as black as ebony, and her eyes, blue like the crystal waters of the oceans. She was about as tall as he was, around 5'6 if he had to guess, and yet, she was a year younger.

"What are you doing here?" Kyle asked, wondering why she was here.

"I was told by Aunt Jade to come and cheer you up," Aaliyah said.

"Don't need it," Kyle said, stubbornly.

"Oh yes you do," Aaliyah responded in return. "You've been like this for days. What's eating you Ky?"

Kyle turned and looked at her. Never, Kyle thought. Never had anyone ever called him Ky.

"Is that what you call me these days?" Kyle asked. "Not Kyle, my real name?"

"You know I meant nothing by it," Aaliyah said. "It's just a nickname I have for you. Now, what's eating you Ky?"

Again, it was Ky.

He would have to take time to get used that name. He liked it but yet, a girl had never given him a nickname before. Well, one other did, but it was pretty cheesy. His last girlfriend had called him Willy. William was his middle name but never had he been called Willy before. He hated that name.

"Hello! Earth to Kyle!" Aaliyah said, also managing to grab his attention back from who knows where. "What are you thinking about?"

"My ex," Kyle said under his breath hoping that she wouldn't hear it.

"Your ex? Why on earth for?" Aaliyah asked. "Sure she was your last girlfriend and you must have liked her for some strange odd reason for going out with her but why the sad face now? When did you two split?"

"She was my first girlfriend," Kyle said. "I was with her for at least six years, since our first year at Hogwarts. How can I not be down in the dumps so to speak after she suddenly decided to dump me for another guy?"

Aaliyah looked down at her feet. She was also currently sitting beside Kyle. Now she knew why he was acting like this. His heart was broken and badly at that also. She remembered when her heart was broken for the first time. People had told her that she was too young to even know what love was, but she knew what she had been real. At least, his love was alive. Her's had died in a muggle car crash. Nobody in the accident had lived. Not a one.

"It could be worse you know," Aaliyah said softly with her eyes still facing towards her feet, with her eyes stinging as she fought back the tears that she felt coming.

"What?" Kyle asked and again he replied stubbornly, "How so?"

"Do you have to be so bloody stubborn?" Aaliyah asked.

"I'm sorry," Kyle said, sarcastically. "It's not everyday that a beautiful girl like you almost goes into tears in front of me. Now what's eating you, Aaliyah?"

Aaliyah didn't mean for her past problems to come up and cause to trigger the tears that she had refused to cry a few years ago when he died. All her intentions for coming today, were to help Kyle. Instead, she fought back tears that she knew were coming.

"Come on, what's wrong? You seem to be in more pain than I am at the moment," Kyle said, scooting closer to her body. He put his arm around her.

Aaliyah immediately felt her body tense from her head to her toes.

"Don't tense up because I just happen to touch you," Kyle said. "Go ahead and cry if you need to. Don't know why you need to but looks as if you need to by the look of your face."

Aaliyah didn't say anything this time, but instead leaned into his touch.

"Cry woman, cry already would you?" Kyle said. "Don't go into depression on me. Come on, what's wrong?"

"My first love was killed in a car crash," Aaliyah said. "I thought I could help you with your experience since I had a bad one and maybe help you out, but all I seem to be doing is putting my burdens on you."

Tears overflowed Aaliyah at the moment. Kyle wrapped her in his arms while she cried. He figured she had been holding those tears in for quite some time now. Her whole body shook with frustration and fear.

As she cried more, Kyle held her tighter in his arms. He suddenly felt something for her. Protective almost, love? He didn't know just yet. He cared for her already. He let her loose a little bit. She stopped crying and looked up into his eyes. She felt the same towards him, he could see in her eyes.

Aaliyah looked up into Kyle's eyes. He had the most beautiful light blue eyes she had ever seen. Before she knew it, she was reaching up with her hand towards his face and touching his cheek lightly and caressing it gently.

Kyle leaned down closer to her face and kissed her gently.

The kiss started out gentle at first, and then turned into a passionate one, full of emotion.

Before long, they could hear giggles coming from a little voice not far from them. Kyle and Aaliyah stopped kissing and turned their heads towards the laughter.

"Katie!" Kyle said, toward his cousin. She was Aaliyah's cousin too considering she was Jade's six year old daughter. Her grandfather, Draco was with her.

"Kyle?" Draco asked. "I didn't know you already had another girlfriend after your last one up and left you."

"Well, this wasn't planned," Kyle said, letting go of Aaliyah, afraid of what his grandfather would say.

"Oh no need to back away from her," Draco said with a laugh. "You two would still be kissing the other one hungrily if Katie, here wouldn't have started giggling at seeing you two kissing."

Neither Kyle nor Aaliyah could say a word in return.

"Come on Katie, let's leave these two alone. They need to talk," Draco said, dragging little Katie away with him.

"Aww, Gramps! I want to see them kiss again!" Katie's voice could be heard saying as Draco carried her away.

Aaliyah giggled herself, about that one.

"Where does this leave us?" Aaliyah asked.

"Well," Kyle said, holding her in his arms. "Let's take it a day at a time. I do like kissing your beautiful face though."

"Alright, Ky," Aaliyah said. "I could get used to this."

"You know, I think I could too," Kyle said, kissing her once more.

~*~

"Ryan please?" Jade asked, with a baby in her arms. "All I'm asking is for you to watch Katie and Alex for only a couple of hours. Please Ryan, please. I need time to myself."

"Sweetheart," Ryan said, taking the baby out of her arms and into the bassinet. "I thought it was my night this weekend to go out of the house without the children."

"You dare to argue about this? I'm the one who gave birth to them, not you," Jade said angrily, clenching her fists.

"Ok, maybe we can find a sitter for tonight," Ryan said, afraid of her mighty punch. Just the other day, she had seen what she did to her brother Adrian; that was scary. "We'll both go love. Just please don't take a swing at me like you did your brother."

Jade smiled as she knew he was scared of her punch.

She must be in those monthly times right now, Ryan thought. I'll give in.

Jade heard that thought of his and instantly scowled at him and then sailed a fist his way.

Ryan went sailing to the floor as Jade's fist hit his cheek.

"How dare you!" Jade said, angrily. "I've had enough of this. I'm tired of your constant selfishness. I'm leaving."

Jade picked up Alex in the bassinet and walked away from her husband, Ryan, for at least twenty-two years now, and into their room, so she could pack her things and leave for the Manor.

Alex started crying so she cradled him in her arms for a few minutes and then sat him down on the bed so she could begin to pack.

A few minutes later, Ryan was right behind her.

"Stop being so stubborn, would you?" Ryan asked, rather annoyed.

Jade turned around towards him and then started speaking.

"I'll stop being stubborn if you stop being selfish," Jade said.

Smack!

She couldn't believe what had just happened.

Ryan actually slapped her. Slapped her. Tears stung her eyes as she hurriedly went past him, refusing to look at him, picked up a crying Alex and left.

~*~*~*~

"Mummy!" a little voice shouted as she saw her Mum come into the big room at Malfoy Manor.

Draco turned to see his youngest daughter, Jade, in tears and also with a crying Alex in her arms.

"Suzie take Alex and Katie out of the room and into the nursery. And please calm Alex down," Draco said.

"Yes Master," Suzie said as she took Alex out of Jade's arms and then led the Katie by the hand and also Alex in her arms and out of the room.

"Daddy!" Jade sobbed as she practically ran into her father's arms.

"Jade what on Earth is going on?" Draco asked, holding his youngest daughter tight while she cried.

"I left him," Jade sobbed into her father's arms.

"You what?" Draco asked, pulling her away from him and looking into her eyes. "Why?"

"We got into an argument, I left the room, he followed and argued more," Jade said.

"How come your face is red?" Draco asked, questionably.

"He slapped me," Jade said quietly not looking into his eyes.

"HE WHAT?" Draco raged.

"He slapped me Daddy," Jade said once again.

"Excuse me Jade Nicole Malfoy," Draco said, not bothering to say her last name, or rather not her married name. "I believe I need to go have a word with Ryan."

"Don't hurt him Daddy, please don't hurt him," Jade pleaded.

"He should have thought of that before he hurt you," Draco said. "Excuse me Jade, I have business to tend to."

~*~*~*~

At the moment, Ryan was sitting down with his head down towards the floor with a piece of something that was Jade's. He wasn't aware of another person's presence.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?" Draco voice sounded the air.

Ryan jumped about two feet high.

"What are you talking about Sir?" Ryan asked.

"What am I talking about?" Draco asked. "You slapped my daughter! What the hell were you thinking?"

"Look," Ryan said.

"No, you look," Draco said. "You are very fortunate that her elemental powers didn't overcome her and blow you to pieces. You must mean a heck of a lot to her if she uses all her might to force her powers to back down towards you. You either make this right or you'll deal with me. You got it?"

"Yes Sir," Ryan said, getting up and cleaning up. "Where is she?"

"Where do you think?" Draco asked.

"Right," Ryan said.

~*~*~*~

Jade was currently in her old room and also crying silently into her pillow. How could he have hurt her like this? True, she was being stubborn but he didn't have to slap her. This was the first time in twenty-two years that he had done something so serious as this to her. She didn't know what to do. All she did know, she just hoped that her father wouldn't tear Ryan to shreds.

Before long, she felt somebody pulling her up from her position on the bed.

She opened her eyes to see Ryan.

Instantly, she covered her face with her arm when he reached up to touch her face.

"Ok, I deserve that," Ryan said. "Look Jade, I was wrong, I admit, in slapping you. I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. I regret doing that. I was upset and instead of trying to calm you down, I took it out on you. I love you. Please stay with me."

Jade let her guard down once again, but was being cautious in case his hand decided to slap her again. She let his hand massage the area where he had caused her pain.

She leaned into his touch and then into his chest, letting her guard down completely.

Jade started crying.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," Ryan said, running his hand across her back. "I promise I will never do that ever again."

And he never did either. Draco made sure that he didn't for that matter. Draco had snarled at Ryan every Christmas and every other dinner they shared together for the next year and a half. He finally quit once Ginny had told him it was time to quit or she would kick him out of their room. Reluctantly, he chose to ease up on him.

~*~*~*~

"Mum, what did the doctor say?" Rose asked.

Hermione looked at her oldest daughter and then hugged her dear to her.

Rose was confused. Instead of talking to her, her mother had hugged her. She never really hugged her much. Not even as a child.

Lillian, get over here. Mum's different somehow. She hasn't told me yet what the doctor said, Rose said telepathically only to Lillian.

Rose knew her mother had telepathic abilities but she wasn't as strong as Rose and Lillian were.

Different how? Doctor? What's wrong with Mum Rose? Lillian responded.

I don't know. Just get over here. We're in Daddy's study, Rose replied back.

"Mum what did the doctor say?" Lillian said, just apparating to the Manor a few seconds ago.

Hermione let Rose go and then went and hugged Lillian.

Ok, maybe James can get it out of her, Rose said to Lillian.

Maybe you're right, Lillian said. Can he speak telepathically?

Let's find out, Rose said. James? Can you hear me?

What in the world? I'm sitting at the Professors' table at Hogwarts and I begin to hear my sister's voice in my head? If you can hear me, tell me what the heck is going on, James replied.

James had become the newest and also youngest Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts three years after he graduated. And now, almost twenty years later, he thought he was hearing voices in his head. Couldn't be good, right? That's what he thought at the moment.

Well, there's are answer Sis, Rose said. James, you're a Tacitus Imperium. In other words, you can speak telepathically. Mum can and also Dad could too. It runs in the family. Aunt Sarah and Aunt Nicole will probably help you out in trying to control the power, like they did for us. But, we need you home right now. Mum's been to the doctor but she hasn't said what the doctor told her. Maybe you can help us get her to tell us. Will you help us?

Yes, let me alert the Headmaster and I'll be there in about two minutes. And you two better start explaining about this Tacitus Imperium stuff or telepathic skills or whatever it's called. James said.

Like James had said, he was there in exactly two minutes. He was looking well built now theses days. Quidditch had done him good over the years. He was exactly like Harry's image. Dark and scruffy hair, green emerald eyes and he was also a good deal tall.

Hermione didn't even see her son while she held onto Lillian. Lillian desperately looked towards her brother for help.

"Mum, we keep asking you. Now please tell us," James said. "What did the doctor say?"

"Knew you three would all end up here together in a matter of minutes," Hermione said as she let go of Lillian and then looked at James.

"You've grown to look just like your Father," Hermione continued. "Yes, I've been to the doctor this morning. You know why I went right?"

"No," Rose said. "You didn't tell us Mum."

"I fainted the other day," Hermione said. "I've been weak lately. More than usual, so I went this yesterday to have tests done. Then this morning, the doctor told me my heart was failing me and that I only had maybe three months total left to live."

I wish I could see Harry again, Hermione thought. I'm scared and I need him.

Rose and Lillian were silent at their Mum's words. However, James was not.

"What? No," James said. "Mum you did not just say that? You're kidding us right? That's a joke?"

"No James," Hermione said to her son. "I'm not kidding and I did say that. I'm dying sweetie. I'm scared too but I have to live what I have left."

"No," James said as he fought tears. "I won't let you."

James then rushed out of the room and went into his old room and shut the door and stayed there for hours.

Over the past few hours, Rose and Lillian had cried along with their mother. But they had come to an agreement. They would be happy for their mother. She would be with their Father once again. And no matter what, they would move on and let their mother go. It would take time of course but they promised her.

James however, they were worried about. They didn't think he would react the way he did. Now, as Hermione approached the door to James' door to his old room in the manor, she silently prayed that things would go all right.

Hermione knocked lightly and got a very little of a response in return. She turned the knob and entered.

James looked at his mother coming in the room. His eyes were blood-shot from crying over his mother so much and his body looked exhausted. He was extremely attached to his mother since the death of his father. He was only in his last and final year at Hogwarts when he died.

"So this is what Daddy meant," James muttered.

"What? What did your father say to you?" Hermione asked.

"He told me in a dream last night that today would be different for me. He said that one that I love dearly would soon pass on to go with him to Heaven. I had no clue that who he meant, but I never thought it would be you Mum," James said, letting Hermione hold her son in her arms.

"None of us did James," Hermione said. "But the key to this is, once I'm gone I'll be happy and no longer in pain. I'll have my heart mended once I see your father. You don't want to break my heart because you won't let go of me, do you?"

"No Mum," James said. "I promise, even though it'll take a while, I'll eventually let you go. I want you to be happy. I love you."

"I love you too," Hermione said, giving a kiss to James on his forehead.

~*~*~*~

Six months later, Hermione had passed on. Although, her spirit was living freely now, there was still one thing left to do, to finally go to Heaven.

The passage way to the gate from Potter Swan Manor was a little long. Harry had told her it wouldn't be long and then now, today was the day. They had sent dreams to their children of where to meet them for the final goodbye.

They sat on a boat going under a bridge that led them from the waterway though the back door of the Potter Swan Manor, to across a river dam and to the final place where they met Rose, Lillian, and James only. Not even, their husbands or children were with them. Although, Ginny and Draco were standing there with them also.

Harry, Hermione, Sarah, Nicole, Lily and James stepped out of the boat and then appeared ghost like at first towards them but then became human like once more for only a little while.

"Daddy! Mum!" Rose, Lillian, and James had said in unison. They laughed at their sudden outburst.

They rushed into the arms of their Mum and Dad. Harry grinned at Hermione when they held their children in their arms for the last time. Hermione smiled back at Harry.

"Harry," a weak voice, recognized as Ginny's said.

"Ginny," Harry said, letting go of his children and going over to Ginny. "You've taken my death the hardest, besides Hermione did but I watched over you and Ron too. You shouldn't have turned away from Draco like you did."

"I know I shouldn't have," Ginny said. "But I couldn't help it. You were one of my best friends for so long Harry. How did you expect me to take the sudden notice of your death? Say, ok and go on?"

"Ginny," Draco warned.

"No, let her go Draco. She's probably wanted to say that for a while now," Harry said.

"Yes I have in fact," Ginny said. "And I'm not through yet."

"Ginny, don't," Draco warned again. "Just let it go. Let them go Ginny."

"Ok," Ginny said, finally being tired of trying to not let them go and continue on.

"Would you watch over them for me? Or at least while you can?" Harry asked Draco.

"I'd be honored to Harry," Draco said. "Even though, we never were buds so to speak in our Hogwarts days, I'll never forget when you saved my life by saving Ginny's in our seventh year."

Draco was talking about when Voldemort had finally died, for good. He almost had taken Ginny with him, if it wasn't for Harry knowing what Voldemort was up to. Ginny was only an hour away from death and probably would be dead to this day if it wasn't for Harry finding her once again, in the Chamber of Secrets and then bringing a tear drop from a phoenix to heal her.

"Don't mention it," Harry said and then turned to Rose. "Rosey-Rose?"

"Yes Daddy?" Rose responded.

"Take care my sweetheart," Harry said. "Don't forget, I'll always love you. I won't be able to speak to you telepathically anymore like we used to. And I won't be like Sirius and just say I went to Heaven when really I would be at the Potter Swan Manor."

"Hey, I object to that," Sirius said. "I didn't lie to you."

"You ornery thing you," James said. "Of course you did, you old rascal!"

"You're an old rascal too then," Sirius said, joking with one of the last Marauders left.

"Oh you two will never learn!" Lily exclaimed.

"Mum, is this what you meant?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry, this is exactly what I meant," Lily said. "And now, it is time for us to say goodbye and go on now."

James and Sirius looked at each other and then walked over to the old stone looking door that had vines winding their way from one side of the door and up and over and to the end of the other side.

"Lily, I'd like to walk with you to the other side if you don't mind," James said.

Lily walked over to James, gave him one heck of a kiss and then spoke.

"I'd be glad to love," Lily said, taking his hand and then walking though with James, the love of her life since she had turned seventeen.

Sirius looked towards Sarah and Nicole.

"Well, would you two, beautiful girls like to grace me with your presence by walking with me though?" Sirius asked.

Sarah and Nicole giggled.

"Oh Uncle Siri," Sarah said. "Of course, we'll walk with you through. Right Sis?"

"Right," Nicole said, grabbing a hold of Sirius' arm.

Sirius had Nicole on one side and Sarah on the other side.

"Never thought I would have two girls by my side," Sirius said.

"Oh would you behave and act your age?" Sarah asked, laughing.

"Which age is that my dear?" Sirius asked. "Young, middle, or old? I refuse the old age though."

"Oh never mind," Sarah said, laughing. "Ready to go?"

"I am," Nicole said. "Are you Uncle Siri?"

"Yes," Sirius said. "Harry, don't take too long. You either Hermione."

And then, Sirius, Nicole and Sarah walked through and then they were gone, just like Lily and James had moments earlier.

"Well Mione', shall we go?" Harry asked.

"Not just yet," Hermione said. "I want to hold onto my babies just once more."

"Mione', they're not babies anymore," Harry said also holding her hand.

"I know, but they're mine," Hermione said. "To think that I'm leaving them now. My own father abandoned my mother before I even knew him. I don't want to abandon my children Harry."

"You're not abandoning us Mum," Rose said. "You showed us the most love and care a mother can ever give her children."

"Even though, we got tired of the books you constantly made us read everyday," Lillian said, while Harry chuckled at her words, "we'll never forget those memories. You'll still in our memories Mum."

"And therefore, you will never abandon us like your father did to you," James said. "We'll think of you every day. We love you Mum."

"Yes, we love you Mum," Rose and Lillian said together.

Rose and Lillian hugged James and held onto him, one on each side of him.

"We'll be ok Mum," All three said together.

"Yes, we'll be ok," Ginny said.

"Goodbye Harry and Hermione," Draco said.

"Yes," Ginny said. "Goodbye."

And then Ginny and Draco left, leaving Hermione and Harry with their three.

Harry and Hermione then went to Rose, Lillian, and James and group hugged them. They held onto each other for at least a good five minutes. Then Rose let go and started speaking.

"Daddy, it's time for you and Mum to go," Rose said.

"Yes," Lillian said. "Rose is right."

"Again," James said.

"I love you," all five of them said, instead of just the three of them.

Harry and Hermione then turned back, hand in hand, and walked towards the door but then stopped to look back at their children. Harry took Hermione in his arms and kissed her gently and gave a memory to Rose, Lillian, and James to remember. A good one also, one of their parents love towards the other. Harry took Hermione's hand once again, and walked forward though the final gate to heaven. Things were now, coming to a new age. Not an ending, but to a new age of their lives, a true new age.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->