Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

Just One More Thing

Chapter 20

****

Draco checked himself over in the mirror for the fifth time that day, straightening his shirt and smoothing back his hair. Today was the day that he and Ginny would reveal what had transpired lately in their relationship. Draco couldn't help but be nervous, he knew he was lucky to have had the Weasleys forgive him for what he put their family through at school, the last thing he wanted was to come across as if he had no respect for them or his daughter.

Unbeknownst to Draco, Ginny had been standing in the doorway of their bedroom watching him while he checked himself over and over again in their mirror. She found it rather amusing at how nervous he seemed to be, her amusement got the better of her and she let out a small giggle.

Draco whipped his head around to find his wife smiling at him.

"And just what do you find so funny?" he asked grinning.

"The sight of you shitting your pants over seeing my parents," Ginny laughed as she approached him.

Draco rolled his eyes and looked back at the mirror. "Thank you for your understanding."

Ginny stood by the mirror opposite him. "It wont change you know?"

"What wont?" Draco asked smoothing his hair back again.

"Your reflection every time you do that," she replied pointing at his hair.

Draco stopped his hand in midair above his head. "I'm going crazy, aren't I?"

Ginny smiled and looped her arms around his neck. "I find it rather sweet that you're so nervous about their reaction, shows that you actually care what they think."

"I do care," Draco said gently. "The last thing I want them to think is that I ruined their little girl's life."

Ginny leaned up and kissed him. "They know how happy you make me, that's all they've really wanted."

Draco held her close to him. "Well, I can try to keep doing that."

Ginny kissed him again. "Ten more minutes babe, I don't want to show up late."

"Okay," Draco nodded.

Ginny was nearly out of the room when she remembered something. "Oh by the way, Ron and Luna are going to be there."

The smile dropped from Draco's face. "What?"

"There's nothing to worry about, trust me," Ginny said. "Ron will probably show up late, and even if he showed up on time and tried to cause a scene, Luna usually puts him in his place, not to mention my mother."

"He didn't seem too thrilled at the hospital," Draco said pointedly.

"This is not about him, so relax," Ginny blew him a kiss and left the room.

Draco looked back towards the mirror and smirked. "You're screwed!"

****

When she woke, Hermione felt much better than she did the day before. After Harry had returned from Remus and Tonk's house the night before, he was in high spirits. He told her about the possible legal aspects that could prevent publication of the intimate photo, amongst other things that they could do to soften the blow should one come. After taking her shower, she wrapped herself up in her bath robe, and walked into the living area of the apartment to see Harry reading a letter at the dinning table.

Harry looked up when he heard footsteps, and smiled as he saw Hermione in her bathrobe. "Well, look who's finally decided to rise."

"Why did you let me sleep in so late?" Hermione asked pecking him on the lips.

"You looked so peaceful, and I didn't have the heart to wake you," he said sweetly. "Besides we had a long day yesterday and I wanted you to get some rest."

Hermione smiled went over to the kitchen to put the kettle on. "So much for spending the day in bed."

"How you feeling this morning?" Harry asked from the table.

Hermione walked over to him and sat on his lap. "I feel much better than I did yesterday."

Harry wrapped his arms around her as she looped hers around his shoulders. "I'm glad to hear it."

"So, what are the plans for today?" Hermione asked as she kissed his head.

"Well, Remus owled me this morning," Harry said showing her the letter.

"More advice I hope," Hermione commented as she scanned the letter.

"You could say that," Harry said as he waited for her reaction.

Hermione finished reading the letter and placed it on the table. "I see."

"It's not something that we have to do but the more I think about it, it makes a lot of sense," Harry said softly.

Hermione looked thoughtful. "I think so too."

"Really?" Harry smiled. "You really want to do this?"

"I do," Hermione said, and kissed him softly on the lips.

"Great," Harry added. "I really think it's the best thing for us, and it's not like we weren't planning on doing it eventually."

Hermione climbed off of his lap. "I'll get in contact with Luna straight away."

"In that case, I'll make your tea for you," Harry said. "Just the way you like it."

"Thank you my prince," Hermione gave him another kiss and went to contact Luna.

****

Luna watched from the edge of the bed watching Ron frantically get dressed.

"Ron, since when have you been so determined to get to your parents house, on time?" Luna asked already knowing the answer.

Ron stopped in the middle of putting on a t-shirt, and looked at his girlfriend. "Just, want to be on time for a change."

"Ron, you were late for your own birth," Luna said.

"Only by a few hours," Ron added buttoning up his jeans. "Besides, it's an important day at the burrow."

"How so?" Luna asked.

"A Weasley child is going to get it in the neck," Ron smiled. "And for once it's not going to be me!"

"You're sick," Luna told him. "You're actually happy at the possibility that Ginny is going to have a hard time today?"

"Not happy per se," Ron smirked. "It's just that Ginny can never do anything wrong in the eyes of my parents, and here she is having a child out of wedlock! Its exciting."

Luna had to laugh, his way of thinking always managed to amuse her. She was about to say something else when the phone began to ring. Ron looked up startled, and his eyes started to scan the room.

"Phone Ronald!" Luna chuckled. "Nothing to worry about."

"Hate those damn things," Ron cursed shaking his head.

"Your father finds them fascinating," Luna got in, before picking up the phone that was at the side of the bed.

"Hello," Luna greeted. "Hermione, hi."

Ron walked over to his girlfriend started tapping his watch.

Luna waved a hand in his face and ignored him. "Sure Hermione, what can I do for you?" Luna listened intently, the excitement on her face growing by the second. "Oh Hermione, if you're still sure it would be an absolute honour."

Ron now looked intrigued. "What?" he mouthed.

"When did you want to do it?" Luna asked down the phone. "Today? That's quick." Luna listened again. "No, sure I understand."

"What?!" Ron shouted.

"Hermione, would you excuse me just one second?" Luna asked politely, before glaring at Ron. "Where are your manners?"

"In the same place as my patience! Now what is going on?" he asked desperately.

"Harry and Hermione have decided they want to go public, and they still want me to do the article for tomorrow's edition!" Luna squealed.

"That's great," Ron said happily. "Invite them to the burrow, you can do it there."

"That's a great idea," Luna beamed. "Hermione, sorry about that, Ron has invited you to the burrow. Why don't you and Harry come and we can do it there?" Luna listened to Hermione's reply, and frowned. "Hermione, don't be ridiculous, you and Harry wont be imposing on anyone."

Ron rolled his eyes and motioned for Luna to hand him the phone. "Hermione, hi…oh I'm great yeah listen, you know I'd hate to be present at the cringe worthy Sunday dinner, where you and Harry are both desperately trying to explain to my parents why they weren't told you were a couple, before, the rest of the wizarding world." After a short time, Ron smirked. "Yeah, that's what I thought, see you in a half hour."

Ron handed Luna back the phone. "They'll meet us there, now get ready babe," he told her, gently tapping her behind before leaving the room.

****

Harry entered the bedroom with a cup of tea for Hermione in his hand. "Here you go beautiful."

"We've just been blackmailed by Ron," Hermione told him, falling back on the bed.

Harry put the cup on the bedside table, and laid down on his front beside her. "And just how did you fall into that trap?"

"By not checking with Luna that he was out of the room," she replied hiding her face in the pillows.

Harry chuckled and shuffled over closer to her. "So, what has he got us to do?"

Hermione lifted her head. "We're going to dinner at the burrow."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Oh come on that's not too bad is it? We love going there."

"I know that darling, its just that today is the day that Ginny and Draco are going to make their announcements to the family," she explained.

"And you wanna miss that?" Harry joked.

"Harry, please be serious," Hermione moaned.

"Hermione," Harry smiled. "The Weasleys, have always insisted that we consider them family. I for one think that being there today will be a good thing."

"How?" Hermione questioned.

"Well, for one we can be there to give moral support to two of our best friends, two, we can take the heat off them a little by announcing our own relationship, and three…" Harry paused.

"Three?" Hermione prompted.

"Three, it's always great to see Ron make a complete fool of himself," Harry laughed.

Hermione finally managed to smile. "That's true."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "You're not worried about anything else, are you?

Hermione looked down guiltily for a moment, before raising her head. "Harry, what if Molly and Arthur see the photo? What if…"

Harry cut Hermione off by kissing her soundly on the lips. "Hermione, I told you, everything is going to be fine. I promise."

Hermione still didn't look convinced.

"Think about it this way," Harry said. "We're going to do this article and finally go public, which means that the person behind all this, whoever it is, will already have lost the bragging rights in terms of telling the world about us. All they'll have left is that picture which according to Remus, may not even be allowed to be published."

Harry's words seemed to have done the trick for the time being, and Hermione started to relax again. "Luna said we could give the interview today at the burrow, that way it could be published tomorrow."

Harry nodded, and took her into his arms. "There you go then, reason number four to go to the burrow today."

****

The Burrow was buzzing as it always did when most of the family got together. The men were outside in the yard while the women were trying to help out Molly, who of course insisted she had everything under control as usual. Everyone had arrived but Harry and Hermione.

Draco looked on edge as he kept a look out for Harry and Hermione, something that didn't go unnoticed by Ron.

"Nervous about something blondie?" Ron smirked.

"No!" Draco said defensively.

"Are you alright Draco?" Arthur asked kindly.

"Yes, of course," Draco nodded furiously. "Just, not like Harry and Hermione to be late that's all."

"It's only just gone twelve Draco," Arthur pointed out. "I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be here soon I'm sure."

Ron was thoroughly enjoying watching Draco squirm, he'd never seen him so nervous before. It was only fair he take advantage. "You look like you have something on your mind."

Draco narrowed his eyes at the redhead, but was cut off by Arthur before he could answer.

"Everything alright at work, Draco?" Mr Weasley asked.

"It's fine, Sir," Draco replied politely. "Things couldn't be better."

"Good, good," Arthur smiled. "And how's that little girl of mine been, I trust you have been taking good care of her?"

Ron snorted and looked away.

"I've been taking…great care of her sir, promise," Draco stuttered. "Where the fuck are Harry and Hermione?!"

****

"A glass of wine dear?" Molly asked Ginny as she was pouring glasses.

"Oh, no mum, not for me thank you," Ginny replied twitching.

Molly looked at her daughter strangely. "Are you not well dear?"

"I'm fine mum really, just…not in the mood for a drink yet," Ginny said hoping that would be the end of it.

Molly, thinking nothing of it, picked up some plates full of food. "Very well, I'm just going to take these outside. "Our men and their bellies must be rumbling by now."

Molly left the kitchen leaving Ginny and Luna alone.

"Where the fuck are Harry and Hermione?!" Ginny said out loud.

"Do you really think that Harry, Hermione and their relationship will take that much heat off of you and Draco?" Luna asked.

"Something has to," Ginny said glumly.

"You could be worrying over nothing you know," Luna offered. "They are going to be thrilled at the idea of being grandparents again."

Ginny was about to say that that wasn't her only concern, and that her parents would go crazy at not seeing their only daughter get married as well, but stopped herself just in time. Ron, nor Luna knew that she and Draco had gotten married either.

"You're right Luna," Ginny smiled bravely. "I'm sure I have nothing to worry about.

****

"You okay?" Harry asked Hermione, for what seemed like the hundredth time.

They had only just flooed to the burrow and stopped for a moment to dust themselves down.

"Harry, I'm fine," Hermione said softly. "How many times do I have to tell you that I want to do this?"

"It's in my nature to worry and constantly make sure that you're ok," Harry admitted. "I know now that that part of my personality is annoying to you sometimes."

Hermione smiled at him sweetly. "Where it can be overbearing at times, it's also one of the many reasons I love you as much as I do."

"Really?" Harry grinned.

"Really," Hermione gushed, before becoming more serious. "But you are not, under any circumstances whatsoever, to use what I just said as an excuse in any future argument we have regarding your over protectiveness, which I'm sure we will have many."

"Fine," Harry said, then leaned down to claim his girlfriends lips.

"God can't you guys give it a rest for one second?!" Ginny said, interrupting the tender moment between her friends. "You took your time didn't you?"

"Oh would you relax, we're here now and only ten minutes later than what we said we'd be I might add," Hermione said.

"Yeah, where's your stress Gin?" Harry asked amused. "We're not that late."

Ginny ignored both of their comments and clasped her hands together. "Right, this is how it's going down. Draco and I will make our announcement right after we've all eaten." Ginny pointed to Harry and Hermione. "After mum and dad have been revived, you two will proceed to tell them that you're shagging, and everyone will be happy!"

Ginny's friends regarded her in shock.

"You have truly lost your mind," Hermione said simply.

****

"Look who's here!" Ginny screeched happily.

Ginny led Harry and Hermione out to the backyard, where everyone else was mingling and tucking into the huge spread of food that Molly had put on. Harry and Hermione didn't have time to react before they were enveloped into a bear hug, Molly was squeezing the air out of them both.

"It's so good to see you," Molly hugged them tighter. "It's been weeks!"

"I think they're struggling to breathe dear," Arthur pointed out as he approached them.

Molly let go, allowing Harry and Hermione to take some deep breaths.

"We are sorry Mrs. Weasley," Hermione said sincerely. "We've just had so much going on this past month."

"No need to apologize child. And how many times do I have to ask you to call me Molly?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"Sorry…Molly," Hermione smiled.

"That's better," the older woman said happily.

"How are things with you Harry?" Arthur asked before his wife could.

"I've never been happier," he said briefly glancing at Hermione.

"Good, good," Arthur nodded. "Time off must have done you some good."

"Oh…it did sir," Harry blushed at his memories of Rome, and everyday since.

"Well then," Molly said ushering them to the table full of food. "Come along you must be famished."

Harry and Hermione sat down at the large wooden table next to Draco and Ginny, opposite Ron, Luna, Molly and Arthur. Everyone began tucking in when Molly noticed that they were running out of drinks. "Is there anything in particular beverage I can get for anyone?" she asked getting up.

Draco stood up. "Mrs Weasley, Harry and I will fetch the drinks, wont we Harry?" Draco looked at Harry and used his eyes to motion to the house.

Harry caught on quickly and stood up. "Oh, yeah sure, allow us."

"Thank you boys," Molly said cheerily.

Draco and Harry entered the kitchen, and started gathering bottles into their arms.

"Finally managed to climb off of Hermione long enough to join us for dinner then?" Draco asked sarcastically.

"What's crawled up your arse?" Harry asked calmly.

"You're late!"

"Merlin, not you as well," Harry said. "Ginny was wigging out about us being ten minutes late too. What's wrong with you two? Are you both really that disillusioned that you actually believe that Hermione and I announcing our relationship, is going to soften the blow when you tell her parents that not only did you get married without telling anyone, but you've knocked her up as well?"

"I'm telling you he knows Harry," Draco said ignoring his friends outburst. "He keeps looking at me funny."

Harry shook his head. "He doesn't know anything Draco, its all in your head. Besides even if he did what's the worst that could happen? Arthur and Molly are two of the nicest people I know, they're hardly going to cast an unforgivable on you. Stop. Stressing. Out."

Draco took a deep breath and started to relax Only now did Harry notice just how much this situation was taking it's toll on his friend, and he started to feel sorry for him.

Harry patted him on the back. "Don't worry mate. Hermione and I are right here with you and trust me when I tell you that Luna will keep Ron in check."

Draco simply nodded and followed Harry back into the garden.

****

After everyone had satiated their appetites, the usual chit chat started to surround the table. Ron was becoming increasingly impatient. He had waited for the subject to be brought up by Draco and his sister but he was having no such luck. He knew he was being a complete git but he had to do something about it. Ron believed that he never got away with anything so why should his not so 'goody two shoes' of a sister get away with what he believed were indiscretions.

"I would just like to say," Ron said loudly gaining everyone's attention. "That I'm falling more and more in love with my beautiful girlfriend everyday."

Everyone looked at him strangely apart from his parents who winked and nodded at him happily. "Oh Ronald, you have grown into such a sweet boy," his mother cooed.

"Thanks mum," Ron smiled not so modestly, then stared at Draco and Ginny. "Anyone else got any news?"

Ginny narrowed her eyes at her brother, she was going to kill him.

Luna leant over to whisper in her boyfriends ear. "That was so lame, even for you."

"I know, yeah," Ron grinned pleased with himself.

Molly and Arthur noticed the sudden tension around the table, they would have had to be stupid not to.

"Well," Arthur spoke gently. "Does anyone else of you have news?"

The girls managed a few nervous glances towards one another, while Harry and Draco both felt the desire to smack the beaming Ron Weasley in his face.

"Draco and I have some," Ginny admitted bravely.

"Really Gin?" Ron asked smugly.

"Yes, we do," Draco answered confidently. To show fear would be playing straight into Ron Weasley's hands, and he couldn't have that, even if he was about to be killed by his father in law. He took Ginny's hand in his and faced her parents. "In fact, we have incredible news."

The smile was slowly starting to fall from Ron's face, something that didn't go unnoticed by Harry. Harry had always known about his best friends evil streak, especially when it came to Draco and Ginny, but not even he could predict his friend being this mean. It was slightly funny, but Draco turning the tables on Ron was going to be even funnier, especially when he announced that he and Ginny were married as well as pregnant. Something that even Ron didn't know yet. "I'm afraid you're going to get everything that you deserve you little shit stirrer." Harry thought gleefully.

Molly and Arthur were waiting with high anticipation. "Well dears, spit it out," Molly encouraged.

Draco gave Ginny one last look and received a comforting smile, once again faced her parents. "We're having a baby."

Everyone waited with halted breath for a reaction. It didn't take long, and it wasn't the reaction that they were expecting. Molly began to wipe tears that were rapidly appearing in her eyes while Arthur remained silent, presumably in shock.

"Oh mum," Ginny went to her mothers side and hugged her. "Please don't get upset, Draco and I are so happy about this."

Molly gripped Ginny's arms. "These are happy tears Ginerva, my baby is having a baby! How could I be anything but thrilled?!"

Ginny hugged her mother tightly out of pure relief, while Ron was looking on in disbelief. He was about to say something but Arthur beat him to it, he knew his dad wouldn't let him down.

"But you aren't even married," Arthur said looking at Draco, with no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

The grin started to reappear on Ron's face, it wasn't going to last long.

Ginny moved out of her mothers grip. "Actually, there is more."

Ron's ears perked up at this along with Luna's and his parents.

"More you say?" Molly asked still wiping her eyes.

"Yes," Ginny replied happily, feeling Draco put his arm around her. "We got married."

Ron's mouth dropped to the floor, followed by his girlfriends. His parent's reaction was much more subtle.

"Well," Arthur spoke slowly. "This is certainly unexpected."

Ginny looked at her father concerned, she was sure she could see disappointment in his face which was exactly what she was afraid of. "Are you angry?" she asked softly.

Molly was as interested in her husbands answer as was everyone else.

"Are you happy?" Arthur asked his daughter.

Ginny looked at Draco with pure love in her eyes before answering her fathers question. "Unbelievably."

Arthur nodded and stood from his chair. "Then I'm happy for you," he said, opening up his arms to his daughter who rushed straight into them. "Both of you," he added looking at Draco over the top of his daughters head.

The happy moment was ended abruptly by an angry outburst. "You got married without inviting your family?! Ron bellowed. "Who does that?!"

Luna stood and took her boyfriends arm. "Ron, calm down."

"Did he make you do this?!" Ron ignored his girlfriend and pointed at Draco.

"He didn't make me do anything, Ron," Ginny spat, moving out of her fathers arms. "If memory serves me correctly this is what you wanted remember?!"

"But I wanted to be there!" Ron shouted. "I would've liked to have seen my only sister get married!"

This comment shocked everyone, but no one more than Ginny. She wasn't aware that Ron even thought about things like that.

"Ron, I'm sorry," Ginny said softly, her anger vanishing.

"I'm sorry too," Draco spoke up. "It wasn't till after we did it, did I start to realize what Ginny gave up. I'm aware that I've taken away the opportunity for you to see your sister get married," he admitted to Ron before facing Molly. "I know it's common knowledge that most mothers love helping their daughters plan their wedding, something that you cant do now." He finally turned to face Arthur. "I'm also aware that I've taken away your privilege of giving your only daughter away on her wedding day."

Ginny watched in awe as her husband hit on every feeling her family members were experiencing. He was describing everything that she immediately became worried about right after they were married. Even after their argument when he said he understood how she was feeling she didn't really believe him. It was enough for her that he was trying his best to. To her surprise, he really did understand.

"I was being selfish," Draco continued. "I was so desperate to marry Ginny that I wasn't really thinking about anyone else but us. For that, I apologize."

Arthur tapped his chin and looked thoughtful after his newly discovered son in laws speech. "On the contrary, it would appear that you put the two most important people's wishes first before anyone else's, when it came to getting married," Arthur told him seriously. "Which is exactly how it should be," he smiled.

"Besides, you two got married," added Molly excitedly. "You didn't have a wedding! What's stopping you from having one right here?"

Ginny and Draco smiled at the prospect.

"Your mother's right, Gin" Hermione said cheerfully. "People renew their vows all the time, it's a great idea."

"See," Molly cried happily. "Even Hermione agreed with me, so it must be a great idea! We could start planning it straight away!"

"What do you think babe?" Ginny asked her husband.

"You'd get to wear a wedding dress, and it would make you happy wouldn't it?"

"It would," Ginny replied gently.

"That we should do it," Draco said.

Ginny turned to her brother. "Well, what do you think?"

Ron was desperate not to give off any indication as to whether he was bothered or not, so he shrugged. "Yeah, fine."

"That's settled then!" Molly clasped her hands in delight. "Lets get to work."

"Hold it!" Ginny said quickly. "Draco and I aren't the only ones with news."

"Surely there's not more," Molly said astonished.

"Why don't you ask them?" Ginny nodded toward Harry and Hermione, who were blushing slightly.

All eyes focused on the golden couple, who began to beam. It had been such a great day so far that they were only too happy to add more joy. They saw Molly and Arthur's eyes fixed on them, and instead of saying anything, simply wrapped their arms around each other.

Molly brought a hand to her mouth. "Is it true?"

Harry and Hermione nodded emphatically. They were expecting another bear hug from Molly, only it didn't come as soon as they thought it would. Molly had turned to face her husband and began clapping her hands.

"Arthur dear," she smiled widely. "I do believe that you owe me 10 galleons."

"What?" Ginny asked her father shocked. "You bet on Harry and Hermione not being in love?!"

"No of course not dear," Molly answered for her husband laughing. "He bet that they wouldn't take their heads out of their bottoms long enough to admit it."

"Oh ok," Ginny said satisfied with her mothers answer.

Harry tightened his hold on Hermione, watching Arthur square the debt with his wife. "Apparently it's not news."

"Are we really the only ones who didn't know?" Hermione asked amazed.

"Of course you were," Molly told them, before crushing them into a hug. "It's about time! This is so wonderful." Molly broke the hug. "I'm so happy for the both of you, but I can only plan one wedding at a time. Don't worry, I shan't forget yours!"

Harry and Hermione glanced at each other. "Molly, we're not…"

Molly didn't let Hermione finish before she went over to her daughter. "Come child, we have a wedding to plan! Luna, Hermione, come along."

"Mum, Luna and Hermione just need to discuss something," Ginny said, knowing that Harry and Hermione were giving Luna the story of the year. "But there is nothing stopping us from generating ideas."

"You're right," Molly agreed. "Come find us when you're done girls."

Ginny and Molly went into the house, as Draco, Arthur and Ron began to chat animatedly.

Luna approached Harry and Hermione. "Ready?"

"Absolutely," the couple said together.

****

It was gone 11.00pm when Harry and Hermione arrived back at the apartment. It had been a long day, but a happy one at that. Everything was now out in the open, and Draco and Ginny could now wear their wedding rings without worrying whether the Weasleys would notice or not. They also didn't have to worry about that little bump that would be soon appearing. It was obvious to everyone that a huge weight had been lifted, and Harry and Hermione couldn't be happier for them.

Harry and Hermione had given Luna the interview that every reporter in the wizarding world would sell their soul to Voldermort for. Luna assured them that they would receive the first copy via owl post that night before the paper hit the stands in the morning. Now all they had to do was wait.

They showered and went through the same routine that they had become accustomed to before they went to bed every night. Hermione put on her nightgown and slipped under the covers. Harry was just about to join her when he saw Luna's owl appear at the window bearing a newspaper.

"Just in time," he smiled.

Harry went over to the window and took the rolled up paper from Luna's owl. He petted it gently before sending it back to their friend.

He walked over to the bed where Hermione was waiting patiently for him. After climbing in and getting comfortable, Hermione did what she always did and immediately sought out his arms. Resting her head against his chest, she instantly felt completely snug when Harry wrapped his arms around her.

"Read it to me?" she requested gently.

Harry smiled down at Hermione's beautiful face and proceeded to unroll the newspaper, not once letting his arms fall from around her. Finally getting the paper to keep straight, he used his free hand to tighten his hold on Hermione's shoulder.

"Ready?" he asked softly.

"Yeah," Hermione whispered in bliss, still snug against his chest.

Harry grinned and kissed the top of her head, before he began reading out loud what the whole of the wizarding world would be reading the next morning.

The Daily Prophet

Wiazarding World exclusive

HARRY AND HERMIONE: THE BEST FRIENDS WHO FELL IN LOVE.

By Luna Lovegood.

Read the date at the top of this page until your heart is content, it is not going to change. You are not imagining it, it is not April 1st. This time, it is real. What makes this so different from all the other wizarding world exclusives that have accumulated over the years is proof, which we now have, from the horses mouths I'd like to add.

Harry Potter and Hermione Granger came to see me not so long ago to tell me that the worst kept secret in wizarding history needed to be made public, and the record needed to be set straight. What's so curious about this whole situation, is that when they were asked if there was anything going on between them when a certain Miss Rita Skeeter was quill happy, they weren't lying when they answered no. The only people they were lying to, was each other. It seems a portkey distance away from the scene in front of me now. Harry potter with his arm around Hermione Granger, the two looking as comfortable together as a couple who have been married 50 years would look.

Finally ending years of speculation, Harry and Hermione finally put us out of our misery. "I can safely say that I'm speaking for both of us when I tell you that we're madly in love, and completely commited to each other," Harry tells the Prophet. "We understand that this may not be considered a surprise or news even to the world, but it certainly was a surprise to us, a welcome one at that."

"It's taken a while, but we're just thankful that we've finally found our way to each other," Hermione added.

The romantic nature of their relationship is only a month old, but you would've had to have been living under a rock not to know the famous story and circumstances that surround the pair. Meeting on a train bound for Hogwarts at age 11, the two have been virtually inseperable ever since.

The Story of 'you know who' will not be told today, but everyone knows what effect it had on the world and how it made people cling to each other, no more so than Harry and Hermione. Their admiration, love and respect for one another has seen them come through the toughest of times, and will surely get them through whatever tough times lie ahead. True, there are many other people who are owed a debt of gratitude, but we will not be printing their names today. Today is about two people only, Harry and Hermione.

Their friendship and soul searing love for each other is an inspiration to us all, and I consider myself to be extremely privileged, to be able to witness something so good, whole and pure on a near daily basis.

Yes, we are nearing the end of the article, and you probably think you know nothing more than what you knew before. But you do. We report no scandal. No Lies. Just truth.

Harry and Hermione are in love and it's no longer a secret, not even between them.

All together now. Finally!

Harry placed the paper on the bedside table, and snuggled further down the bed with Hermione nestled his arms. "Well, that's exactly what we wanted," he said, happy with the way the article turned out.

"Mmm," Hermione softly agreed. "Luna did everything we asked of her. She's told the world about us without really telling them anything."

"She's told them the most important thing," Harry said.

"Which is?" Hermione asked looking up from his chest.

"We're in love," Harry told her simply. "And that's all anyone needs to know."

Hermione leant up and caught his lips in a passionate kiss, which Harry gladly accepted. Both of them knew that they had a long day ahead of them and that rest would probably be the best thing to do, but at that moment, neither were in the mood to do much sleeping.

****