Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: Thank you to my awesome beta Casey for his work on this chapter, I'd be lost without you now buddy.

Also, thanks to our readers for being so patient. I know it has been a while but my laptop broke and it took some time to replace, amongst other things. Please do enjoy the next chapter!

Just One More Thing

Chapter 38

****

Harry and Hermione returned home after spending a few hours at the café with their friends. They had just walked through the door of their apartment and were in the middle of discussing Dean's new "friend" Natasha.

"I liked her," Harry said as he hung up their jackets. "She seemed really nice."

"Yeah," Hermione nodded. "I liked her too."

Harry walked into the kitchen area as Hermione went to sit on the sofa. "Want a drink?" he asked while opening the fridge.

"Please babe," Hermione replied as she removed her shoes.

"What can I get ya?"

"Special tea would be great," Hermione answered. She then switched on the TV and put her feet up.

Harry rolled his eyes and laughed. "I was hoping you'd ask for a cold drink."

"So you were only offering to be polite?" Hermione asked teasingly from the living area.

"Yeah, kind of," Harry grinned, before taking a butterbeer from the fridge. He opened the bottle and waved his hand over the kettle on the side, which immediately began to boil. Turning around to lean against the tabletop, he watched Hermione flick through the channels whilst drinking his beer. "Special tea coming right up," he announced.

Hermione looked over to him and smiled. "Thanks babe, it's not really too much trouble is it?"

"Not too much trouble?" Harry chuckled. "Hermione, making your special tea should be a task on Krypton Factor."

Hermione giggled. "Oh, come on, it's not that bad."

Harry just winked at her, and then turned around to finish making her special brew. Minutes later, he handed Hermione her drink and sat down beside her on the sofa. "So, what are we watching?"

"Nothing good," Hermione sighed, then threw the remote to one side. She watched Harry as he drank his beer and concentrated on the television, even though in her opinion there was nothing on it worth watching. She decided to carry on the conversation they were having when they got home. "So, Dean's finally interacting with a girl in possession of a brain. That's new."

Harry nodded. "Yeah, it's a real stretch for him, that's for sure."

"She could be really good for him I think," Hermione mused. "She might encourage him to remove his head from his arse at least."

"Don't put too much pressure on the poor girl," Harry smiled.

Hermione laughed as she put her tea on the table in front of her. "No, you're right. That would impress me if she achieved such a feat."

"Me too."

"Do you think he'll mess it up?" Hermione asked.

Harry smiled at the thought of Dean. "Abso-fucking-lutely."

Hermione moved nearer to Harry, who raised his arm to invite her even closer. She snuggled up to him and sighed in contentment, his arm going around her as soon as she was settled. "Harry?"

"Mmm?"

Hermione looked at him. "Natasha's really attractive isn't she?"

Harry started to nod. "Yeah, she--" he stopped suddenly and slowly smirked at the woman who was gazing at him innocently. "Oh, I see what you're trying to do," he said smiling. "Nice try, Hermione."

Hermione giggled, kissed his lips, and then pulled back to look at him. "It's okay for you to find other women attractive Harry."

"What is this, some kind of trick?"

"No," Hermione said truthfully. "I just want you to know that I'm perfectly fine with it."

"With what?" Harry asked confused. He had no idea what brought this on.

"With earlier today, you know when yours and Draco's tongues hit the floor?"

Harry rolled his eyes. Though, he was happy that Hermione was being playful. "Hermione, my tongue hit the floor when I discovered that she designs women's underwear."

"Lingerie," Hermione corrected.

"Whatever," Harry said quickly. "And then I just had visions of you in this black, silk...thingy. That's what made my mouth water, not Natasha."

Hermione found his choice of words very cute. "Black, silk...thingy?"

"You know what I mean," Harry said shyly.

Hermione rubbed his chest gently. "Of course I do."

Harry cuddled her to him and kissed the top of her head. "I think you're the most beautiful creature on this earth."

Hermione never believed herself to be beautiful, but she did lately, purely because Harry made her feel that way. "And you're devilishly handsome."

"Yeah," Harry puffed his chest proudly. "I know."

Hermione smiled at his cockiness and snuggled to him even closer. "Black, silk thingy huh?" she thought to herself. "Well, I guess that's the wedding night garment sorted."

****

6 Weeks Later

It was one month until what the wizarding world was referring to as the Wedding of the Century, and Hermione Granger was completely relaxed. Her wedding planner, Justin, had even remarked that he'd never seen a bride-to-be so calm before. The reason was simple. Her and Harry's wedding had been planned, not surprisingly, right down to the last crucial detail. The dress was ready, as were the tuxes. The cake was ordered, venue booked, and guests invited. Everything was set. The only thing to do was to try to not burst with excitement.

Hermione and Harry were in their apartment with Ron and Luna. It was Saturday, and they were eagerly waiting for Draco and Ginny to arrive from St. Mungo's. Ginny's first scan had been that day, and all of them were desperate to know how it went.

Hermione and Luna were sipping tea in the living area trying to guess what the sex of the baby would be.

"I think it'll be a boy," Hermione said.

"Hmm," Luna mused. "You see, I want to say boy, but then, I've seen lots of visions containing pink."

Hermione sat upright and smiled as she stroked her stomach, which now showed a small bump. "Well, maybe I'm the one having the girl."

"No, you're having a boy," Luna said, but then shook her head. "No, I mean girl. No wait, boy. Definitely a boy." Luna put her head in her hands. "Oh, I don't know. Your aura is confusing me for some reason."

Hermione just smiled at her friend. Luna could be really eccentric sometimes. "Sorry."

"Not to worry," Luna said kindly, removing her hands from her head. "It happens sometimes. But usually for a reason."

"Well, it really doesn't matter what they have," Hermione told her. "As long as it's healthy."

"Yeah," Luna agreed, still wondering why she couldn't guess the sex of Harry and Hermione's baby. "So, when are you having your first scan, anyway?"

"Well," Hermione started excitedly, "I'm officially two months to the date, and St. Mungo's offer the initial scans from 10 to 14 weeks. So, Harry and I decided to go the day after our wedding."

Luna looked a little confused. "Hermione, I think that's really sweet and all, but shouldn't you be on your honeymoon?"

Hermione knew where her friend was coming from, but her and Harry had discussed it already. "Yeah, I know, but we've already talked about that. Harry and I both want to know that things are progressing nicely. That and we also want to know what to prepare for, a boy or a girl."

"So, if St. Mungo's offer the initial scans from 10 to 14 weeks, why not just go before your wedding?" Luna asked.

"Because, on our wedding day, I'll be three months pregnant to the day," Hermione replied melodiously. "Harry wants one of the very first things that we do together, as a married couple, to be seeing our baby for the first time. We'll go see our baby and then leave for our honeymoon straight after."

Luna put a hand to her heart. "Oh, I never even thought about that. That is so unbelievably romantic."

"Yeah," Hermione sighed dreamily. "It so is."

Harry and Ron were in the kitchen area, drinking beer and talking about everything but babies.

"I'm telling you now," Ron nudged Harry. "They're talking about us."

"I don't think they're that bored Ron," Harry joked as he got another beer from the fridge.

Ron was about to retort when he saw a familiar look on Hermione's face. "No, wait, I take that back. Hermione's got that `head in the clouds' look. They must be talking about you."

Harry smiled widely as his eyes fell on his fiancée. She soon caught his eye and blew him a small kiss, which he returned. "She's so beautiful Ron, don't you think?"

Ron cleared his throat. "Erm...yeah...sure Harry, though I prefer the blonde sitting next to her."

"I know that idiot," Harry grinned. "I just mean that, Hermione's glowing right now."

Ron frowned. "Nah, she still seems the same shade of brightness to me."

Harry briefly closed his eyes. "It's an expression Ron. You know, for pregnant women?"

Ron rolled his eyes. "For Merlin's sake Harry, I came to stand by you to get away from the bumps and baby shit."

Harry didn't take Ron's comment to heart. He had always wanted a family of his own, but he too never really got involved in baby chat, until he learned that he was going to be a father himself. He was sure that he would be the same if the roles were reversed. "I'm just really excited, that's all."

Ron felt bad all of a sudden. "Sorry mate, that was really insensitive of me."

Harry looked at him weirdly. "Nah, it's just you."

Ron pretended to be offended. "Thanks very much."

"Congratulations, by the way," Harry said.

"What for?"

"You've been living with Luna for six weeks and she hasn't kicked you out yet."

Ron grinned and raised his bottle. "I'll drink to that." He clinked Harry's beer, and then took a long pull off of his. "So, have you seen anymore places?"

"No, not yet," Harry replied. He and Hermione hadn't looked at any apartments or houses in the last couple of months, and it was something that confused him. "I don't know whether she wants to wait until after the wedding, or what. But, something's different."

"How do you mean?"

"It's almost as if she's changed her mind about moving, but doesn't have the heart to tell me that she has."

"Would moving away upset you?" Ron asked.

"Truthfully, I'd be happy just about anywhere, as long as Hermione and our child are with me. But, I have to admit that I've grown very fond of this place."

"It might be a good idea to tell her that," Ron told him.

"She knows that already."

"Maybe she needs to hear it," Ron argued. "You know what women are like Harry. They're mental at times, especially Hermione."

Harry was about to say something along the lines of agreement, when Dean entered the apartment.

"Hey," Dean said as he closed the door behind him. He then stood with his hands on his hips. "Well?"

"Well what?" Harry asked.

Dean waved over at the girls, who waved back, and then went over to Ron and Harry. "Do we know what it is yet?"

"No," Ron replied.

"Where's Natasha?" a voice came from behind Dean.

Harry raised his eyebrows and smirked at Hermione's question, as Dean turned around and found both Hermione and Luna standing there with their arms crossed. "Er...well...she was busy."

Dean and Natasha were still "a thing" even after six weeks, which in the life of Dean Thomas, seemed like years. His friends were pleasantly astounded that he'd kept the same girl on the scene for so long, but were bitterly disappointed that, lately, he appeared to be blowing her off. They had all gotten to know Natasha really well and were all very keen on her, so it didn't go down well when Dean was dishonest with her, and they all knew about it, especially Hermione.

Hermione narrowed her eyes. "You told her you were working again, didn't you?"

Dean's mouth bobbed up and down. "I-I-I am...I-am...erm..."

"Full of shit?" Harry tried to help.

"Right!" Dean smiled, but then snapped his head around at Harry. "NO!"

Hermione was a little pissed off. "Dean, how could you?!"

"How could I what?" Dean asked innocently.

"Lie to her," Luna replied before Hermione could, she too sounding mad. "Natasha's such a sweet girl."

"I needed a little private space, okay?" Dean tried to explain.

"Private space?" Hermione snorted. "Is that why you came here, knowing full well that there'd be more than a few people about?"

"Okay," Dean forced a smile. "I needed a little time alone to spend with my friends."

"You're so pathetic," Luna told him bluntly.

"Hey, you know what?" Dean asked in a raised voice. "You guys are supposed to be my friends, not hers!"

"We are your friends, idiot!" Hermione spat. "But that doesn't mean that you can treat the poor girl like crap, and expect us to support you, especially when you're doing it to someone as decent as Natasha!"

"What is the big deal?" Dean asked, wanting to laugh.

Hermione huffed. "The `big deal' is, that Nat was really looking forward to coming here today, and you completely blew her off!"

Dean just smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. She's not going to find out, so it makes no difference."

"You've been together, what, seven weeks or so, and already you're making up bullshit?" Ron asked amazed.

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her," Dean tried to reason.

Hermione couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Good God, Dean, you're almost as bad as he was," she said pointing to Harry. "No offense, darling."

"None taken," Harry winked.

"What else could I have done?" Dean asked.

"How about telling her the truth," Hermione answered.

"Yeah," Dean said sarcastically. "Because telling her the truth, and screwing myself over, is clearly the better option."

Hermione was about to retort, but was stopped when Draco and Ginny arrived. They approached their friends and grinned at the expectant looks they saw on each and every face.

"Well?" a chorus of voices asked.

Draco and Ginny glanced at each other and smiled. "We're having a boy," the redhead squeaked.

****

Natasha was doing some cleaning up in the kitchen when Kimberly entered with Neville in toe.

"Hi roomie," Kim chirped as she looked for something on the side. "Why are you cleaning? We're late as it is."

"I'm not going," Nat said quietly.

Both Neville and Kim looked at her oddly.

"How come?" her roommate asked frowning.

"Dean has to work," Natasha shrugged.

Neville looked confused. "Are you sure?"

Natasha nodded. "Yeah, he owled me this morning and said that it was a last minute thing, or something along those lines."

Neville knew that was a blatant lie. Dean didn't like going into work during the week, let alone on the weekend. It was clear to him that his friend just didn't have the balls to tell Natasha that he didn't want her around him today. Neville started shaking his head.

"Nev?" Kim nudged him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing," he fibbed, before plastering a fake smile on his face. "Let's get going shall we? We're late enough as it is."

"He's right, Nat," Kim said. "We're late enough as it is."

"Kim--"

"Nat," Neville interrupted. "You were invited. No one said that your invitation was only good if you were accompanying Dean."

"Right," Kim agreed. "Now c'mon, let's go."

Nat looked thoughtful for a few seconds before she finally gave in. "Fine. Just give me ten to get ready."

****

"Oh, it's so cute," Hermione gushed as she studied the sonogram picture. "I can't imagine what it must have felt like for you to see it for the first time."

"It was unbelievable," Ginny admitted. "I got really emotional."

Ron eyed Draco. "Did you?"

Draco looked defensive. "Men don't get `emotional' you idiot."

Ginny sniggered. "You were crying, babe."

"Really?" Dean asked amused. "Crying?"

Draco coughed. "I had something in my eye."

"Yeah, right," Harry smirked.

Luna rolled her eyes. "You know I don't get guys. Why is it such a big deal for you lot to actually admit to being moved by something as miraculous as this?"

Dean blew out a breath. "It's just a baby."

"It's not just a baby," Ginny said flatly. "It's something that Draco and I did together. We created life, and that is a miracle."

Dean just snorted and glanced at both Hermione and Ginny. "Blah, blah, blah. When do your boobs start getting bigger?"

None of the women were amused, whereas the men couldn't help but laugh at Dean's highly inappropriate question.

"You're disgusting," Ginny said with distaste.

Dean just smirked and nudged Harry. "Who knows? You might get your wish buddy," he said, before making the melon boobs gesture with his hands and kissing his teeth. Harry was now completely horrified, as all eyes in the room landed on him, including Hermione's, which were now as wide as saucers. His friends all looked at him expectantly with grins on their faces, whilst his fiancée continued to stare at him in shock.

Draco folded his arms and smiled widely. "I love this kind of tension."

Harry glared at Dean. "We simply don't have you here enough," he said sarcastically.

Dean laughed and leaned his forearm on Harry's shoulder. "Don't you remember? You said that you couldn't wait to stick your di--"

"DEAN! Stop talking!" Harry pleaded.

Stifles of laughter could be heard around the room, but Hermione looked ready to kill. It was clear to her that Harry had had a conversation with Dean at some point about their sex life, and that bothered her to no end. It wouldn't have been so bad had it been someone else that he spoke to, like Ron, Draco or Seamus. She understood that men tended to discuss it with their friends at some point. She did the same with the girls. But why did he have to talk to Dean? Dean wasn't her favourite person at the moment, purely because of the way he was treating Natasha, but his casual view of sex was something that never went down too well with her, and she certainly didn't want him putting seedy ideas into Harry's brain. Hermione wasn't a prude, but she had certain boundaries in the bedroom. She and Harry were still getting to know each other sexually, but he was still to ask for something that she would refuse, something that could change very quickly the more time he spent discussing sex with Dean Thomas. She was about to open her mouth and go off on one when the doorbell rang and stopped her.

Harry looked relieved at his stay of execution, and gestured to the door with happiness. "More company," he chirped.

Hermione sent him a "we'll talk about this later" look, before making her way to the door.

Harry glared at Dean. "I'm going to get you for this, Thomas."

"We're all friends here, Harry," Dean said with a grin. "Where's your stress?"

"Dean," a sickeningly sweet voice came from behind him. He turned around to see Hermione grinning like the Cheshire Cat. "Look who's here," she said, gesturing to the people who had just arrived.

Dean's mouth hit the floor when he saw Natasha, Neville and Kim. "Nat?"

Natasha looked at him confused. "Dean, I thought you were at work."

Harry and Hermione raised their eyebrows before walking over to the others in order to give the couple some privacy.

Dean's mouth bobbed up and down as he tried to think of something to say. "I-I-I was...I am...on a break."

Natasha narrowed her eyes. "Uh-huh."

"Yeah," Dean nodded manically. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I was invited, remember?"

"Yeah," Dean said nervously. "But with me being at work, I didn't think you would...you know?"

Natasha looked down briefly, feeling bitterly disappointed. She knew he was lying to her, and she had just about enough of it. "So, you were at work this morning?"

"Yeah," Dean replied quickly. "I just told you that."

"What time do you have to be back?" she asked.

Dean looked at his watch, knowing he had to escape from this situation fast. He'd lied to tons of women in the past without so much as thinking twice about it, but this time around, lying to the woman in front of him was causing his heart to constrict painfully inside his chest. "N-n-now. I have to go now."

"Fine."

"I'll owl you later ok?" he said softly.

"Whatever."

There was no kiss. No hug. Nothing. Dean just simply turned and said goodbye to his friends before leaving the apartment.

Kimberly went up to her immediately after Dean left. "Are you okay?"

Natasha shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

"You're too good for him, you know?" Kim said stroking her arm. "And you know that even his friends think that too."

Natasha knew that her friend was trying to make her feel better, but it wasn't helping. She had fallen so hard for the wizard who had just left her standing there, and she didn't have a clue what to do next. Dean's attitude toward her was up and down like a yo-yo ever since they had become...whatever it was that they were, and she no longer knew how to cope with it. Dean had been trying to give her what he thought she wanted, but it was nowhere near enough for her. She wanted real intimacy with him, not just the kind a couple shared in bed, even though that part was usually thoroughly enjoyable for her. But that was another problem she had. Even though the sex was still great, Dean wouldn't look at her when they were having it lately, which was hurting her beyond belief, but she didn't have the courage to ask him about it in case it made him run even further away from her. Maybe she had to admit that Dean was never going to change, and that it was time for her to move on, but that felt impossible to do when she felt so empty without him around.

"I love him," Natasha told her friend softly.

Kim looked at her like she was nuts. "Why?"

Natasha managed a smile. "Because I do."

"Nat, I hope I don't come across as insensitive or anything," Kim said carefully. "But how can you love someone who has a swinging brick where their heart's supposed to be?"

"Kim-"

Natasha's friend immediately held her hands up defensively. "Hey, look, Dean is a really nice guy, he's good-looking, and he's one of the funniest persons we know. But honey, he clearly sucks at relationships, which is probably why he doesn't get involved in them."

"So what he has with me isn't a relationship?" Natasha asked, slightly offended.

"Do you think it is?"

There was a brief silence while Natasha took her time to think about what her friend had just asked. She had to face facts. "No," she finally replied, sounding broken. "No, you're right, it's not."

Kim regarded her friend with sympathy. It was obvious that Natasha had fallen madly in love, but seeing her so sad was taking its toll and she was tired of seeing her friend so upset all of the time. "Nat, I know that you're desperate for him to be the one, but seriously, if you take away the time you two spend in the bedroom, would you have any time together at all?"

"No," Natasha replied. "We wouldn't. Maybe it's time I admitted to myself that Dean and I's relationship is about sex. It's all it ever has been about, and it's all it ever will be about, to him anyway."

Kim noticed how hard it was for her friend to admit such a thing and put an arm around her. "I just want you to be happy babe. You deserve someone who's gonna treat you just like Neville treats me."

Natasha snorted. "Chance would be a fine thing. Neville is one in a million Kim, he absolutely adores you."

"I know," Kim smiled as she looked around the room for her boyfriend. She was incredibly lucky to have found someone who worshipped the ground she walked on. Neville eventually caught her grinning at him and sent a cute wink in her direction, making her blush a little.

"I love how he takes you out for dinner and buys you flowers and writes you cute little notes," Natasha said, wishing Dean would do the same for her.

"Dean doesn't do anything like that for you, does he?" Kim asked already knowing the answer.

"No," Nat replied. "He thinks romance is `a crock of shit'."

"Not once has he done anything sweet for you?" Kim asked in disbelief.

Natasha smiled at a memory from not so long ago. "He did bring a bottle of champagne around once, with a DVD."

Kim seemed a little more hopeful for her friend at this comment. "Yeah? Which DVD?"

Nat shrugged and then rolled her eyes. "Porn."

"Oh."

"He thought it'd be a turn-on," Natasha giggled. Dean really had no idea about how to be romantic with her, but he did try in his own little way.

"Like you and Dean ever need anything to get you in the mood."

Natasha laughed slightly, before quickly remembering how disheartening it was to know that sex was the only thing they ever did together. "I want more than just shagging, Kim. You said yourself that it's the only thing Dean and I do."

"I did," Kim said nodding, and then looked over at Neville again. "You deserve the flowers, the hand holding, and the sweet whispers in the ear." Kim's voice suddenly got edgy. "But for Merlin's sake, how do I get Neville to put out?!"

"Excuse me?" Natasha said stunned. She was sure that Kim and Neville would have slept together by now. But then come to think of it, Kim would have told her by now if they had.

"He's driving me nuts!"

"But you guys have the perfect relationship," Nat said confused.

"Yes and no," Kim said sounding tired. "He's sweet and he's sensitive, but I crave more than romance. I want some heat!"

"Heat?"

"Yeah," Kim replied emphatically. "You know; raw passion. He sees me, throws me to the bed, and has his way with me!" It wasn't long before Natasha started to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"The irony of this situation," Natasha said between giggles. "I want what you have, and you want what I have."

"I want the happy balance," Kim said.

"But you're not willing to give up on him?"

"Hell no."

"Then what makes you so different from me?" Nat asked curiously.

The blonde smiled. "Well played."

"Kim, I know that's it's probably never going to work. I know that he's lying to me so that I'm not around him constantly," Natasha admitted sadly. "I just don't know whether I'm ready to let him go yet."

Kimberly squeezed her friend gently; Natasha made quite a convincing argument. No matter how much confusion Natasha's relationship with Dean was causing right now, her roommate believed it wasn't worth walking away from yet, and she respected that completely. If someone had said to her that leaving Neville would be in her best interests because of what was not happening in the bedroom, she'd tell them where to go.

Kim's current situation with Neville was exasperating, but she had no idea what to do. She had been hinting for weeks that they should take the next step, but nothing seemed to work. Neville was very shy at the best of times, and she was afraid that he'd be embarrassed beyond words if she tried to have a conversation with him about it. Kim knew he was a virgin, and understood that it caused immeasurable nerves, so she decided to leave the decision to talk about it up to him. Only now she was becoming increasingly frustrated. Two months into their relationship and still no action.

"I think we both need to have long talks with the men in our lives," Kim mused.

"Yeah," Natasha agreed. "I think we do."

Across the other side of the room, Neville had been stealing glances of his girlfriend. He was standing with Ron, Harry and Draco, seemingly worried about something. "She's smiling, but I'm sure she's getting bored of me," he said sounding defeated.

"Why do you think that?" Ron asked.

"I don't know," Neville replied. "Just have a gut-feeling."

"Is your gut-feeling usually right?" Draco asked.

"No," Neville shook his head. "Not really."

"So then what's the problem?" Ron asked.

Neville desperately wanted to answer, but he wasn't comfortable talking about it there and then. He would tell his friends gladly in a hope of getting help with his problem, but he was more of a "one-on-one" kind of guy, two at the most. "Nothing really."

"Come on, tell us," Ron pressed.

"Maybe later," Neville said, wishing he'd never brought it up.

Harry could see his friend's discomfort and decided to help by changing the subject. "So, Dean left pretty quickly."

No one said anything as Kim and Natasha walked past them to join the girls, sending them friendly smiles as they did.

As soon as they were out of ear shot, Draco spoke. "Yeah, anyone would think that someone shoved a hot poker up his arse."

"I don't get him," Ron said. "Natasha is such a great girl."

"Who designs racy underwear," Draco added with a huge grin. "What more could he ask?"

"Well, he's going to mess it up if he's not careful," Neville said honestly. "I see a lot of Natasha, what with me dating her roommate; I can see how his behaviour is affecting her."

Harry shook his head in a disapproving manner. "We all can Nev, and it seems to be affecting him too. He's been acting really weird lately."

Everyone had noticed it. Recently, Dean was being a complete prick to Natasha for some reason, even more so than usual. It would have made sense to his friends if he just ended it with her, but they couldn't understand why Dean wanted Nat as his girlfriend, when he clearly didn't want to spend that much time with her.

"What should we do?" Ron asked.

"I don't know," Neville replied hopelessly. "But if something isn't done soon, he's going to lose the best thing that has ever happened to him."

****

-->