Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: Here is another.

Just One More Thing

Chapter 30

****

Harry and Hermione were walking down Diagon Alley hand in hand, very much the couple in love. Harry would occasionally plant a kiss on her head when she turned and smiled at him for no apparent reason, which lead to her squeezing his hand affectionately. They received looks from passers by of course; it was their first real outing in public since the article had come out. The odd one would look at them in either disgust or envy, but the majority would just gush and comment on how cute they looked.

Hermione noticed a particular passer by, a tall blonde who stared at her like she had three heads. Harry noticed her looking behind them and watching the blonde walk further down the street. "What is it?"

"Everyone's looking at me," Hermione said quietly. "Like you're crazy to..."

"Don't!" Harry said sharply. "Don't put yourself down, I hate it. And just for the record, they're not looking at you, they're looking at me," Harry smiled. "And they're wondering just how did that Potter guy, get so lucky to end up with the most gorgeous witch of her age."

Hermione was about to say how ridiculous that was when she noticed that they were approaching Flourish and Blotts. She never could see that place without getting excited. Books were her life and that store was her idea of heaven. When they reached the window she stopped and gave Harry the same pleading face she always gave him when she wanted to do something she thought would bore him. "Can we?"

Harry just smiled at her.

"Ten minutes, tops," Hermione said trying to negotiate some time. Harry just cocked his head to the side and kept smiling. "Five?" she asked in small voice.

Harry saw her forlorn face and decided he could tease no longer. He would spend as much time in there as she wanted. He had already told Remus that he wouldn't be back that afternoon so work wasn't a problem. After all he and Hermione had been through lately Remus had said it wouldn't be a problem to take the rest of the year if he wanted, even though that was a bridge too far. That and he had no idea how Hermione would react to the surprise he had in store for her, but he knew he needed to be around long enough for the gratitude he would receive, or the possible argument that could follow.

"Two then?" Hermione tried again.

Harry's smile got bigger. "Tell you what, why don't you just take as long as you like?"

"Really?" Hermione checked, already seeming much happier.

"Yes," Harry replied, with a twinkle in his eye.

"And don't worry, I'm still really excited about your surprise for me," Hermione told him as she headed for the door to the bookshop. "I won't be too long I promise."

Harry watched her enter Flourish and Blotts and then took a deep breath. "Please don't let this blow up in my face," he said quietly to himself.

He followed Hermione into the bookshop and saw that she was at the counter chatting with Mr Stockwell.

"Hello, Mr Potter!" Mr Stockwell said happily, as Harry approached them.

"Mr Stockwell," Harry smiled, and then shook the older mans hand.

"Today is his last day, Harry," Hermione said with a touch of sadness. "The bookshop has been sold already and the new owner takes over officially tomorrow."

"Really?" Harry asked trying to sound surprised.

"What's he like?" Hermione asked her former boss.

Mr Stockwell furrowed his brows and looked at Harry in confusion, who shook his head quickly in response. It wasn't something that went unnoticed by Hermione.

"Have you met him?" she asked in surprise.

"Erm... yeah," Harry said nervously. "Well, kind of."

"What's he like?" Hermione asked, wondering why he hadn't mentioned anything to her about it.

"He's nice," Harry replied.

"Very nice," Mr Stockwell added.

Hermione looked between the two of them. "Well, do you think he'll still let me work here?"

"I see no reason why he wouldn't," Mr Stockwell said smiling widely. "I gave the gentleman a glowing reference of you and he seemed to be very impressed."

"Do I know him?" Hermione asked.

Harry looked at Mr Stockwell but remained silent. The older man could sense Harry wanted to be alone with Hermione at that moment. He glanced at his watch, cleared his throat, and then smiled. "Please do excuse me," he said coming from behind the counter. "I think I'll leave you two to it." Mr Stockwell turned to Hermione and patted her upper arm. "Thank you for everything Hermione, I do hope I will see you again soon. Both of you." He shook Harry's hand once again, only this time slipped something into his palm. When he was sure Harry had a firm grip on what he just placed in his hand, he took his back and left the shop.

Hermione was still staring at the door that Mr Stockwell had left through, before she looked back at Harry in utter confusion. "What was that?"

"Maybe he was in a hurry," Harry shrugged.

"But he can't just leave the shop unattended," Hermione said in slight outrage. "Anyone could come in and do lord knows what."

Harry looked at her completely amazed that she hadn't figured it out yet. "It's not unattended, Hermione. You're here."

Hermione still looked puzzled, but it wasn't long before it finally dawned on her exactly what was going on. Her eyes suddenly widened in realisation and she gasped.

Harry held up his hand and dangled a set of keys in front of her. "Surprise."

****

Luna and Ginny were at work sitting behind their desks.

"Are you and Ron going to Harry and Hermione's on Saturday?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah, we'll be there," Luna replied. "I owled Hermione last night to let her know."

"Did she sound excited on the phone to you?"

"Now that you mention it, yeah she did."

"Almost as if they're going to tell us something big," Ginny said.

"What do you think?"

"Maybe they got a dog or something?" Ginny tried to guess.

"Getting a pet together is a pretty big responsibility," Luna smiled. "Might be a fish."

Ginny giggled at the stupid conversation her and her friend were currently engaged in. "Be nice to see Ron for a change, he's been like non existent lately."

"Yeah I know, he's been touring a lot lately with the team," Luna agreed. "But it's his last training camp this week before he breaks away for a whole month, so. That and I don't get to miss him as much as I use to, to be honest. Ever since Harry and Hermione got together he's been staying at mine more than ever."

"Is that something you're happy about?"

"Are you kidding, I love it," Luna admitted happily. "I've thought about asking him to move in, you know make it official."

"What's stopping you?"

"I guess it's because I'm a hopeless romantic and want him to be the one to ask," Luna said shyly.

Ginny raised her eyebrows. "This is Ron we're talking about; he's not exactly the brightest tool in the box. If you wait around for him you'll be using Zimmer frames by the time you cohabit."

"Maybe," Luna shrugged.

"Want me to nudge him?"

"I need it to come from his heart, Ginny."

Ginny laughed. "Boy, you really are in love."

****

Hermione still hadn't spoke. She was still stunned, as well as trying to process the fact that she was now the owner of Flourish and Blotts, and it was all because of the man standing in front of her. The same man who looked frightened to death for some reason.

"What do you think?" He croaked.

Hermione's mouth bobbed up and down. "I can't...believe that you did this."

"Please don't be angry with me," he pleaded. "Just look at it as an early wedding present."

Hermione looked at him in awe. "Why would I be angry with you?"

"Oh you know, the whole independence thing that you got going on," he replied fidgeting. Hermione didn't say anything as she was still slightly stunned. "I'm not trying to make career decisions for you or anything like that. It's just that I know that you've always wanted to own this place, and that it's been a dream of yours since you were younger. Well, now you do." Harry took one of her hands and placed the keys into them.

Hermione shook her head in amazement and glanced down at the keys. "I don't know what to say."

Harry gently began running his hands up and down her arms. "Say that you'll accept it. You can still do whatever it is you want to do, Hermione."

Hermione took a deep breath and put a hand to her head. She was only just coming to terms with the fact that Harry had wanted his money to become their money, something he had said she had no say in either way, now he had to drop this on her. She didn't want to come across as ungrateful or hurt to his feelings, but she didn't have any idea how she could accept such a gesture as this. Luckily for him, the days when she would be angry with him for trying to do something nice were long gone. She would just have to let him down gently.

"Look Harry," she started softly. "The thing is..."

"Hermione," Harry interrupted her softly, he looked as though he was prepared for this initial reaction. "Do you know what the best thing is about this whole thing?"

"What?" she asked.

Harry looked around quickly then back at her. "How cool is it to know that we actually get to hand this place down to our children?"

Anything she wanted to say to him before that comment was completely forgotten. She opened her mouth in mock outrage, put both hands on her face to cover her eyes, and began squirming. "You can't say that to me!"

Harry laughed as she walked in a few circles, knowing there was now no way she would be able to refuse the gift. He stopped her pacing and delicately took her hands down from her face. "Hermione, look at me."

She met his eyes. "That was so unfair."

"I didn't really have any other choice now did I?" he smiled.

"Well played," she said sounding defeated.

"All I need is two words, Hermione," he said gently, cupping her cheek.

Hermione looked at the keys in her hand again, quickly loosing the inner battle she was fighting in her head, then back up at him. She took a deep breath. "Thank you."

Harry grinned widely then leaned in and kissed her tenderly. He eventually broke away. "You're very welcome."

Hermione finally allowed herself to smile. She looked around her and couldn't help but feel excited as she took in her surroundings. Flourish and Blotts was actually hers. Shelves upon shelves of books were her idea of heaven, and it was true when Harry had reminded her that it was a dream of hers to own it one day. It was a dream she thought was ridiculous and virtually impossible to make come true, but it was coming true now, and it was all because of her fiancé.

"I have no idea how to even begin to thank you for this," she told him, small tears of happiness beginning to form in her eyes.

"You love me, that's enough," Harry said simply, earning a loving smile from the witch in front of him. "But, if you really wanted to thank me as you say, I could think of something."

Hermione narrowed her eyes. "Really?"

"Well yeah," Harry said in a playful voice. "I mean come on I just bought you a bookstore, I deserve something don't I?"

"Uh-huh," Hermione smirked, wondering what he was up to.

"Wait here one second," he said, then rushed past her towards the door. She thought he was going to leave for a moment, but he locked the door and turned the open sign around to read `closed'.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked in confusion.

"Just...wanted some privacy," he replied as he approached her.

"Privacy for what?"

Harry just smiled and took her hand to lead her to one of the secluded corners in the store. When they were behind some shelves completely out of sight from the windows, Harry stopped and turned to her, his eyes shinning brightly.

Harry pointed to one of the tall book cases that currently surrounded them. "May I suggest...up against a bookcase?"

Hermione followed where his hand was pointing and immediately knew what he wanted to do. "What...here?" she asked

"Yes," he nodded.

"Now?"

"Yes," he repeated throatily.

Hermione looked thoughtful a few moments, then fixed her eyes on Harry and found his cute look to be totally irresistible. "Ok, sure why not."

Harry was clearly surprised and instantly got excited. "Oh my god, you're actually going for this?"

"Why? Didn't you think I would?" Hermione smiled.

"No," Harry admitted getting closer to her. "I didn't."

"Why?"

"It's just this place is like...sacred land to you," Harry tried to explain. "I didn't think that this was a place that you'd be willing to be so..." Harry trailed off as he tried to think of an appropriate word.

"So what?" she breathed.

"Naughty," he said huskily, finally finding the right word. He wrapped his arms around her waist and let his lips glide along her neck. "But I'm so damn glad that you are."

"So am I," she said closing her eyes, grasping onto his shoulders.

It wasn't long before Harry's lips left her neck and sought out hers, his tongue desperately trying to invade her mouth. She opened up to him and accepted him gladly, as he slowly backed her up against the bookcase. The kiss quickly became more and more passionate, as Harry reached down to lift up Hermione skirt. He bunched the garment up around her waist, and let one of his hands creep down in between her legs, pleasantly amazed to come into contact with her hot wetness straight away.

"Mmmm," Hermione moaned against his lips when she felt his fingers on her, shifting her legs further apart. She felt Harry's lips leave hers and let her eyes flutter open when she couldn't feel his fingers moving.

He was grinning at her.

Harry was still close enough for her to feel his breath on her face. "You're not wearing any underwear."

"No, I'm not."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "That is so fucking hot."

"Thank you," Hermione smiled feeling pleased with herself. "I think so too."

Harry winked and fused his lips to hers, and then much to Hermione's delight, started moving his fingers again. "God Hermione, you're soaked down there," he whispered against her lips, his fingers sliding up into her.

"Just for you, darling," she said breathless.

Harry wanted to bang her so hard at that moment, but wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurt her. A bookcase was different than that of a wall; it was bit more awkward when you were being pushed into shelving. That, and most importantly, Hermione was now pregnant. Even though it was still so early, and Hermione had told him that he could still be a little rough with her if he or she wanted, there was no way he was going to risk it.

All he needed now, though, more than anything at that second was to be inside her warmth. He withdrew his fingers from her and quickly unbuttoned his belt. Hermione opened her eyes at the sudden loss, but felt better when she saw him frantically unzipping his trousers. She looked at him with raw hunger in her eyes as he pushed them and his boxers down to knees. He was back up against her in no time, his erection brushing against her hotness, a moan escaping her lips as he gripped one of her thighs and raised it to his hip.

Harry leaned in to kiss her gently, as he reached in between them with his other hand, and guided himself painstakingly slow inside her. Hermione's breath caught in her throat.

"God you feel good," Harry moaned as he pushed up and in even further. When he was buried to the hilt, he pulled back and looked at her. "You're so beautiful."

Releasing her breath slowly, Hermione opened her eyes and gazed into Harry's eyes. He was slightly blurry before her, as her eyes had involuntarily glassed over at the feeling that she always got from him first entering her body. "And you're too handsome for your own good."

Harry smiled, closed his eyes and pressed his mouth to Hermione's. Slowly he began moving his hips, thrusting ever so slowly up into her and out of her. Her body was so warm and tight around him, sending waves of pleasure through his bones as he moved in time with each of their kisses.

A sweet sigh made its way out of her throat as the long, languid thrusts Harry started with became short and quick. She tried to match him stroke for stroke, burying her hands in his hair as he kissed her again and again. With her hands cradling his head for balance, and one of her legs being held against his hip by his hand, Hermione tried to keep up with him, but it was too hard not to just lean back and enjoy the incredible feeling of having him move inside her. Hermione felt like he was trying to drive her into the bookcase, low moans escaping his lips as he pressed them against the skin of her neck.

Hermione tightly held him to her as he buried his face in her neck and groaned. She clung to him, as though afraid he would somehow disappear. Just as a wave of her release began to erupt through her body, Harry urgently plunged up into her hard, incoherently moaning her name and sighing against her skin as his entire body went rigid against her. He was so close but refused to give in to his orgasm until he was sure that she was going to reach hers. Harry didn't have to wait much longer, not that he would have been physically able to, when Hermione started to clench more powerfully around his cock.

"Baby, I'm so close," she told him, her voice broken by the force of their movements. She felt him lift his mouth from her neck so he could meet her eyes. He let his head fall against hers as he continued to pump in and out of her.

"You feel fucking incredible," he managed to get out between thrusts.

"Oh god, right there!" Hermione moaned, quickly making Harry lose what little control he had left. "Harry...fuck you're good!" Hermione clenched around him and stayed rigid, her orgasm reaching its peak.

That was it. He could no longer hold on. Hermione felt him grip her thigh that he was holding close to his hip, and release himself deep within her. "Arrh!..." he grunted loudly, riding out his own climax. When he finally shuddered and stilled, he kept his hands firmly underneath her and held her tightly, pressing kisses against her throat, cheek and mouth. "I love you...so much."

Hermione pulled his head up so that she could meat his eyes. "I love you, too."

****

-->