Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: Hello faithful readers! I do hope that this surprised you; my second update in days. I've had it written for a while and thought that it was the least I could do for you guys after being so patient waiting for updates, and sticking with me no matter how long it took for me to post. I really am going to try my best in the future and update quicker. But in the meantime, please enjoy this instalment and keep reviewing, I love all of your responses; they make me happy to no end.

This one is long, eventful, and extremely...you know what? Just read it. Enjoy guys!

Just One More Thing

Chapter 26

****

Hermione virtually crawled into bed she was so tired. It had been a very tiring night, and all she wanted to do was to wrap herself up in Harry's arms and get some much needed sleep. She settled under the blankets patiently waiting for Harry to join her, he was currently in the kitchen making her special lemon and honey tea that she enjoyed so much. Harry eventually walked into their bedroom with a large mug in his hand, the cup's contents steaming hot. He smiled at Hermione and placed the mug down on the bedside table then sat down beside her. "You might want to let that cool down for a bit."

"Thank you," Hermione said, then reached up to gently grab his t-shirt. "Take off your clothes and come to bed."

"I would love nothing more than to strip down to my bare arse and get in this bed with you, but I have to shoot out for a while," he said honestly. "Besides I thought you were tired."

"Why do you have to go out?" Hermione asked sounding disappointed. "We've just got engaged and found out we're having a baby, I really fancied the idea of just spending the whole day alone with you in bed. You said you weren't going into work today."

"I won't be long I promise," Harry assured her. "Remus just wants to see me about something that's all; it's nothing for you to worry about."

"You know I hate it when you say that," Hermione said irritably.

"You're right I'm sorry," Harry said holding his hands up.

Hermione looked at him suspiciously. "It hasn't got anything to do with that owl he sent you earlier, has it?"

"Hermione, the note said he wanted to see me," he told her truthfully. "So that's what I'm going to do. It shouldn't take long. I'll be back before you know it." He bent down and kissed her on the lips before she could ask any more questions, then got up from the bed to leave. "Keep that bed warm."

After he left, Hermione felt a slight pain pass through her heart; she knew he was keeping something from her again. She started thinking about what bothered her most; him being secretive again, or him actually believing that she was too stupid not to notice he was doing it. Either way she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. She would give him a chance to come clean about whatever he was hiding when he came back home. If he didn't, the shit would hit the fan, in a very big way.

****

Harry was already consumed with guilt over keeping the situation from Hermione, but felt that he had no choice. He was not going to let any harm come to her as long as he was still breathing, and if that meant Hermione being extremely pissed at him when she found out, so be it. Harry apparated to the ministry, and then went straight into Remus's office.

Remus got up from his chair when he saw Harry burst through. "What took you so long?"

"Where is it?" Harry asked ignoring his question.

Remus picked up the manila envelope form his desk and handed it to Harry. "We mustn't act rash, Harry."

"Why don't you let me be the judge of that," Harry said tonelessly, before removing the photo and note from the envelope. He read the note carefully, anger appearing amongst his features; an anger that was intensifying more and more the further into the note he got.

Remus waited till Harry had had the opportunity to re-read the note a few times. "What do you think?"

Harry threw the note on the desk but kept the photo in his hands. "Doesn't seem to be very...original does it?"

"I thought the same thing," Remus said sitting back in his chair. "Usually, when the ministry receives threats the perpetrators leave some sort of breadcrumb. It makes the game more fun for them."

"It's helped eliminate one person though," Harry said, sitting down opposite Remus.

"Who?" Remus asked.

"Rita Skeeter," Harry replied.

"How can you be so sure it's not her, Harry?" Remus questioned.

"Rita maybe a lying bitch but she'd never make such a threat against, Hermione," Harry answered adamantly. "It's not her style. But then there's nothing to suggest that whoever is behind this, didn't go to her for the photo."

"I know she hasn't seen the note yet, but has Hermione got any ideas who might be behind this?" Remus asked him curiously.

"She thought it was Rita too," Harry replied, leaving out that he'd not told her about the note.

"Did you discuss my owl with her?" Remus asked, already having a good idea of his answer. Harry's head fell but his eyes looked straight back up at Remus in shame. "Harry," he sighed loudly.

"Remus, don't ok?" Harry huffed, then stood up and started pacing. "I know what I'm doing."

Remus shook his head and laughed, Harry really was thick sometimes. "You do realise that that you have never successfully kept anything from that girl in all the time you've known each other, apart from your feelings for her that is." Harry looked at him slightly affronted, and then shrugged his shoulders having no choice but to agree with the older man's statement. "And might I add that the only reason you were able to keep that secret hidden so long was because Hermione had foolishly spent the same amount of time convincing herself that you could never love her."

"I know," Harry conceded sounding beaten, he had every intention of being honest with her and keeping the promise he made only it wasn't about him and Hermione anymore, it was about their child too.

"Harry, exactly how many arguments are you going to have to endure with Hermione, before you realise that keeping the truth from the one you love can result in nothing but heartache?" Remus asked him seriously, he too was becoming annoyed with Harry's reluctance to let Hermione in on things. Remus completely understood the urge to protect the ones you love; he felt the same towards his wife. But Harry had to get into his head that keeping secrets made things worse, not better, regardless of whether he thought it was the right thing to do at the time. "How many more times do you think she will be forgiving?"

The question hit Harry where it hurt. Maybe he had taken advantage of Hermione's forgiving nature, and taken it as a sign to keep things from her whenever he see fit because he knew that in the end, she never could stay mad at him. "It's just things are... so much more complicated now."

"More complicated," Remus said surprised. "How is that possible?"

Harry took a deep breath. "Hermione's pregnant."

Remus' mouth formed a small o shape. "I see."

"So now do you understand why I didn't want to unsettle her?" Harry asked desperately.

"Harry, I understood before," Remus informed him, before raising a smile. "Congratulations, son."

Harry smiled at the thought. "Thank you."

"Is there going to be a wedding?" Remus asked.

"There is," Harry replied.

Remus clapped his hands together. "Great, so everything is nicely in place for you to go and make a huge mess of then." Harry glared at him; he didn't find his comment to be very funny. "I apologise for the joke," Remus added. "Harry, after everything that you two have been through together, that young lady deserves to have your trust."

"She has it!" Harry said defensively.

"Are you sure about that?"

"What are you trying to say?" Harry asked hotly, thinking that the question was absurd.

"Do you honestly believe that Hermione would do anything to put your baby in danger?" Remus enquired, ignoring Harry's anger.

Harry rolled his eyes and let out a frustrated breath, there was no point in trying to argue with Remus because everything his friend was saying was right. "No, of course she wouldn't."

"Then let her in," Remus pleaded. "Almost every crisis you've had to face in your young life, you've overcome with Hermione's help. I can tell you this with absolute certainty Harry, that if it wasn't for her you wouldn't be here right now."

Harry sluggishly sat back down in the chair opposite Remus. "I know that."

"She deserves better than this," Remus added. He wasn't trying to make Harry feel bad, although his words wouldn't make him feel anything but, he just wanted to get through to him. Remus was pleased that their talk seemed to be doing just that, if the look on Harry's face was anything to go by.

"I'll tell her exactly what's happened when I go back home," Harry said, noticing Remus's relieved face. "Besides, I was always shit at figuring things out without her."

"You did alright on the odd occasion," Remus said leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, but it always took so much longer," Harry had to admit. Remus just grinned at him, and put his hands behind his head.

Harry looked down at the photo in his hands. The picture was moving and showed both he and Hermione on their way to the heights of passion. If it wasn't for the circumstances and its distressing effect, the photo could actually be quite a turn on. Harry always wondered why some couples filmed themselves while having sex and was quickly beginning to understand. The only difference was that in those situations it was a private intimate experience that a couple could share together, minus the third party taking pictures. What he was holding in his hand could only be seen as unsolicited tacky porn. He forced himself to ignore the images of him and Hermione in the photo, and began scrutinizing it. If this was some regular Joe who was causing all this, as he suspected it was, then he or she would have had to have left some sort of clue behind without realising it. Harry was about to give up and throw the photo aside when something caught his eye. He brought the photo nearer to his face in order to inspect what he found more closely. On one side of the picture was a mirror, and in that mirror was a very small partial reflection. "Bingo," Harry said to himself.

"Harry?" Remus looked at him expectantly.

Harry held up the picture. "We got the photographer," he announced, and than looked at the picture again. The image in the mirror was slightly fuzzy, along with the person responsible for the photo being shielded behind the camera, but Harry knew just how to take care of that.

****

Draco was in his office at the ministry in the middle of some paperwork when there was a knock on his door. "You may enter," he said funnily, sounding like he was a lord of the manor.

His door opened and Harry walked in. "Hi."

"Scarboy," Draco chimed, not looking up from his desk. "What can I do for you at this time of morning?"

"I need your help," Harry told him quickly.

"Can't it wait?" Draco asked, scribbling furiously with his quill. "I'm kind of busy here."

"No," Harry replied firmly.

Draco blew out a breath and finally looked up at his friend. "What do you need?"

Harry held up what Draco saw to be a photograph. "Your ability to find things that aren't there."

Draco dropped his quill. "What you got?"

"One photo of me and Hermione," Harry answered. Draco immediately got up from his chair knowing what the photo was of and waked over to Harry. He reached up to take the photograph from his friend's hand when Harry pulled it back.

"You want my help or not?" Draco grinned.

"If I show you this, you promise to be professional about it?" Harry asked him seriously.

"Harry, you know it's not in my nature to laugh at the expense of other people," Draco replied with a straight face. Harry cocked his head to side and raised an eyebrow. "How about if I promise to do my best?"

Harry regarded him sceptically before slowly handing him the photo. "Fine."

Draco gave a cheeky wink then looked at the picture. "Whoa, that's some pretty good fucking."

"Bigger picture, Draco," Harry said irritated. "For fucks sake."

"What exactly are we looking at?" Draco asked stopping the jokes.

"The mirror to the right."

Draco held the picture closer to his face. "Ooh, hello. We got ourselves the photographer."

"The face is obscured," Harry said. "Anything you can do?"

Draco smiled at him. "Come with me."

Draco led Harry down a corridor in the ministry, which had doors very close together all the way along on both sides. Auror's were still flooding into work in numbers making it very busy at that particular time in the morning, occasionally bumping into Harry and Draco as they made their way to their offices.

"So what did Hermione say about the photo?" Draco asked as they walked.

"She hasn't seen it yet," Harry replied, being bumped into by a colleague clearly in a rush.

"Tut tut, Potter," Draco grinned.

"Hold the lecture, Draco," Harry told him flatly. "I've already had one from Remus. But you will be happy to know that I will be telling Hermione everything after I've finished up here."

Draco stopped suddenly in front of a door than faced his friend. "Then we mustn't keep your lady waiting. This is it," Draco gestured to the door. They both entered what looked very much like a dark room that professional photographers would use. Draco pointed his wand to the ceiling and muttered, "Lumos." The room instantly filled with light.

Harry closed the door behind him. "Why haven't I been in here before?"

"Because you've never needed to be in here before," Draco answered smartly.

Harry saw at the end of the room a desk with a small plastic box on top of it. "What's that?"

Draco looked to where his friend was pointing. "Exactly what I'm looking for." He walked over to the desk and pulled out the chair from underneath. "Grab a seat from over there Harry," he said, pointing to one on the other side of the room. Harry pulled over the chair and sat next to Draco.

Harry noticed that there was water inside the plastic box, and was intrigued when he saw Draco dip his wand into the water. "What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Warming the water," Draco answered simply, he then reached over to the cabinet that was at the side of the water bath, and took out three small bottles. He emptied the contents of the bottles into the bath and stirred them in with his wand.

"What is it exactly that you're doing?" Harry enquired.

"Have you ever seen how pictures of a muggle newspaper are printed?" Draco asked him, still stirring the water.

"No."

"It's just layer upon layer of colour," Draco told him. "Fascinating stuff."

"Thought you hated muggles?" Harry said quirking an eyebrow.

"Hated, being the important word Harry," Draco said. "Anyway, here in the wizarding world things are a little different. Well, a lot different."

"Explain."

"Well the pictures move for a start," Draco said smartly.

"I know that Pencil neck," Harry retorted with a roll of the eyes. "I'm talking about the fundamentals."

"Our pictures are still made up of layers, but just not layers of colour," Draco informed him.

"Now you've lost me."

"It means we can take whatever we want out of this picture," Draco explained, before looking pointedly at him. "Without erasing anything behind what we take out."

"So you're telling me that you could effectively take me out of this picture, and see every part of Hermione that my form is currently hiding?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Now there's an idea," Draco grinned.

"Hey!"

"Merlin, would you relax?" Draco said. "I was thinking more about the camera."

"Then we can see the git's face," Harry said brightly.

"Very good, Harry," Draco said with false cheer.

"So what's this procedure called then?" Harry asked excitedly, expecting a captivating name.

"Object removal," Draco told him, steadying his wand that was still in water. "Now kill the light."

Harry waved his hand towards the ceiling. "Nox," he said softly. The room went into darkness but within moments a soft light began emanating from the water bath, lighting up the faces of Draco and Harry. "Object removal?" Harry asked dully, referring to the boring name for this operation.

"You know considering we're wizards were not a very imaginative lot nowadays," Draco said as he took his wand out of the water. "Neville was telling me about this potion they came up with last week; when you drink it your eyes work like an x-ray."

"What did they call it?" Harry asked interested.

Draco turned looked at him. "X-ray eye potion."

Harry's face didn't flinch. "X-ray eye potion?"

"Shit ain't it?" Draco laughed. Harry just shook his head smiling, as Draco turned his attentions back to the photo.

"Now what?" Harry asked.

"Check it out?" Draco said and jerked his head towards the bath.

Harry scooted next to Draco and peered into the bath. Soon enough, objects in the picture began to move, and came to float on top of the water. "I love magic," Harry smiled.

"Look, look," Draco pointed to the camera in the photo. "Here it comes." Harry watched as the camera came out of the picture and surfaced on top of the water, leaving a clear view of the person who took the photo. "Hey, Harry, look you're starting to move," Draco noticed with a grin.

The smile dropped from Harry's face as he stared coldly at Draco. "I'm sure Ginny, would be interested to know just how eager you are to see intimate parts of my fia...girlfriend." Harry managed to stop himself from saying the word fiancée. It wasn't that he didn't want Draco to know, it was that he and Hermione wanted to tell everyone together.

The grin fell from Draco's face. "Well played," he said, then took the photo out of the water to stop anything else in the picture from moving. Pointing his wand to the ceiling he voiced the spell needed to relight the room. "Lumos."

Draco and Harry both got to their feet and looked into the photo closely. The image in the mirror was of a man with a chubby face. "Look familiar?" Draco asked.

"No," Harry shook his head.

"You mean you're on the verge of being brought down by a fucking nobody?" Draco tried to joke, but received a glare for his trouble.

"I pity your unborn child," Harry said monotone.

"I pity, Hermione," Draco retorted.

"Well, I'm bored of you now," Harry said taking back the photo. "I'm gonna go run this against some mugs."

Draco took the picture back out of Harry's grasp. "I'll run this against some mugs, you go home." Harry looked at him surprised. "Don't be so shocked," Draco said. "You look like shit. Hermione keep you up all night shagging did she?"

"Not exactly," Harry said, he couldn't tell him what kept him up all night without revealing that he and Hermione were now engaged, and, expecting a baby.

"Go on, get out of here," Draco ordered in a friendly manner. "As soon as I find anything I'll owl you I promise."

Harry gave in and nodded. He walked over to the door and was about to leave, before he stopped and turned around. "Thanks, Draco."

"Night, night Harry," Draco chirped, turning his back to his friend to start tidying up. Harry left the room and went straight home.

****

Harry stood at the door of his home and took a deep breath. He hoped that when he came clean to Hermione about not being entirely truthful with her that she wouldn't get too mad, he genuinely was only thinking of her. When Harry returned home he decided to enter via the front door. He would have apparated only he didn't want to take the risk of frightening Hermione. On many occasions did he, Hermione and Ron apparate into the apartment, and scare the shit out of each other in the process. He was aware that the baby growing inside Hermione was only days old, but he needed to get use to the idea of Hermione being pregnant as soon as possible. Now was a good a time as any to start new routines, entering by the door being one of them. He walked through the door and was surprised to see Hermione in the kitchen area, he'd only been gone just over an hour and she was tucked up in bed when he left.

"Hey," he said, then walked up to her and kissed her cheek. She was in the middle of buttering some toast. "I could have sworn I left you in bed."

"I was hungry," Hermione said without looking at him. Harry picked up on her curt tone straight away.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked her worriedly.

Hermione dropped the butter knife to the counter with a clang and turned to look at him. "I don't know Harry, is there?" she asked in a calm way.

Harry remained quiet for a few moments, she was wearing her no nonsense face. "You know, don't you?"

"What do I know, Harry?" she asked still sounding serene.

"That I was a bit...misleading earlier," Harry replied gingerly.

"Misleading," Hermione repeated folding her arms. "Is that what you call it nowadays?"

Harry's eyes shifted from side to side. "Is that what I call what?"

"Lying," she replied simply.

Harry was desperately thinking of something to say to try and make the situation better, but he couldn't. He had lied to her so there was no point in trying to deny it. "I promised you that I was going to be honest with you from now on, but earlier this morning I admit I wasn't."

Hermione momentarily closed her eyes in disappointment, before levelling her gaze on him. "Harry, I've had about as much as I can take in regards to your inability to let me in on things."

Harry was instantly troubled by her statement and began to panic. "Hermione, wait....I want to-"

Hermione held up her hand and cut him off. "Please...let me finish." Harry nodded and remained quiet. "I'm assuming that the reason for your temporary insanity which obviously clouded your judgment this morning, was down to finding out that I'm now pregnant. For that reason and that reason only, I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt." A look of relief crossed Harry's face at these words, but Hermione hadn't finished. "I know this whole being honest when it comes to situations that could potentially put me in danger is new for you, and now that I'm carrying your baby it must have gotten a whole lot harder, but I will only let it go this once, Harry. I can't be your wife if you can't trust me."

"I can trust you," Harry insisted. "I do trust, you. It was never about that."

Hermione placed a hand on the side of his face. "Don't you ever lie to me again," she warned him. "Ever."

Harry swallowed hard; he had never seen Hermione look so serious before, which was a first. He knew for sure that this was his last chance. "I won't."

"I mean it, Harry."

Harry placed a hand on Hermione's flat stomach, where their baby was growing. "I swear."

Hermione kissed him softly on the lips then allowed him to envelope her in a tight hug. "Now, will you take off your clothes and come to bed?" she asked hopefully.

"What about your toast?" he asked with a smile.

"Don't fancy it anymore," she said yawning.

Harry took her face in his hands. "We'll go to bed, and when we wake up I'll tell you everything I found out this morning at work."

"Good," Hermione said, feeling much happier already.

"But I want you to know that neither of us have to worry," Harry told her gently. "Because everything is going to work out fine, just like it always does when you and I face things together."

Harry felt his heart warm at the huge smile that appeared on his fiancées face. He didn't know what was better; the smile, or that for the first time ever he actually genuinely believed himself, what he had just told her.

****

Draco sat in his darkened office with his feet up on the desk, the wall he was facing giving off the only light as it projected large moving pictures of criminals aurors had apprehended over the years. Remus entered the office with two cups of coffee and sat in the empty chair next to him.

"Anything?" Remus asked handing him a cup.

"Not yet," Draco replied, still sounding optimistic.

"Oh well, no giving up hope just yet," Remus smiled. "So, how's the wife doing?"

Draco smiled at the mention Ginny. "She's doing really good thank you, Remus."

"She having any of those wonderful cravings just yet?" he asked.

"No, not yet," Draco laughed. "Although I'm sure they'll come along soon."

"And what about this reception you've been talking about?"

"I'm doing what every smart wizard would do in my situation," Draco replied. "I'm staying out of it and leaving everything to her and her mother."

"Wise move," Remus chuckled.

Draco was about to add more on the subject when something on the wall caught his eye. He put his cup on the desk and got to his feet. Pointing his wand at the wall, he made the pictures go slowly backwards, freezing the frame of the third one along. "There."

Remus took a quick look at the photo that was on Draco's desk, then at the mug shot on the wall. "That looks like our guy," he said, looking at the picture of short, balding, chubby man.

Draco nodded. "It sure does."

"Bring up his profile," Remus requested.

Draco pointed his wand to the corner of the picture. "Engorgio." The man's profile appeared at the side of his picture.

MIISTRY OF MAGIC OFFENDER PROFILE 940270933.

Name: Geoffrey Caldwell.

Better known as: The Extortionist.

Age: 42.

Previous convictions: Two counts of concealing an illegal potion (CODE: 319).

Grand theft broomstick (CODE: 101).

Eight counts of Extortion (CODE 733).

Persistent reoffending (CODE 122).

Breaking conditions of Probation (CODE 92).

Most recent: Termination of employment from Moving Pictures, on the grounds of conspiring to blackmail fellow employees.

Current location: 6A Dark Place,

The projects,

Knockturn Alley.

KI11 4UU.

"The Extortionist." Draco snorted. "What a crock of shit. This guy looks too fucking stupid to be able to extort anything from anybody."

"Quite an impressive profile," Remus said tapping his chin.

"Well if he's so impressive how come no one has ever heard of him?" Draco asked, angry that this man was able to cause so much stress for his friends.

"Apparently we have," Remus said thoughtfully. "He must have been laying low if he's no longer in custody, or prison for that matter."

"What do we do now?" Draco asked.

"Get in touch with his previous employers," Remus told him. "Find out exactly what he did to get himself sacked."

****

Neville Longbottom was in his lab inspecting some samples when Dean Thomas entered in a very happy mood.

"Neville, my friend," He greeted him joyfully; he couldn't resist a laugh when Neville turned to him wearing exceptionally large goggles.

"What's with the ashtrays?" Dean joked.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Neville asked ignoring the gag.

"Well I was in the area and thought I'd drop in on my good friend, Neville," he replied.

"What do you want, Dean?"

Dean threw a lazy arm around Neville's shoulder. "Guess who I ran into last night?"

"Ooh, Merlin?" Neville asked excitedly.

Dean looked at him funnily. "No not Merlin. You know why, Nev? Cause he's dead."

Neville frowned. "I don't wanna play this game anymore."

"Do you remember that girl whose tits knocked you out cold a couple of weeks back?" Dean asked him.

"Her breasts didn't knock me out, I was-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Dean interrupted him. "Well, I ran into her friend last night."

"What, the one who you spent two days in bed with right after you met?" Neville asked in a disapproving way.

"Yeah that one," Dean said, oblivious to his friend's negative tone. Neville rolled his eyes. "Well anyway, I asked her out."

"And she turned you down?" Neville guessed.

"She did not turn me down," Dean said looking affronted. "Well, not exactly, she wants us to do a double date."

"With who?"

"Who else?!" Dean announced spreading his arms out. "You and Miss Titty!"

"What?" Neville asked in disbelief. "She wants to see me again after I passed out in front of her?"

"It turns out she thought you falling flat on your face was adorable."

"Oh I don't know, Dean," Neville said shyly.

"Neville, we need to get that end of yours wet my man," Dean said drastically. "If I were you right now I'd be afraid to sneeze."

"I'm not like you, Dean," Neville said. "I can't just go and have intimate relations with girls I hardly know."

"Intimate relations?" Dean repeated. "Neville, what are you, a girl?"

Neville looked slightly offended. "I will have you know that women find sensitive men very endearing."

"And I'll have you know that sensitive men find a lot of friends, not pussy," Dean quipped.

"Do you have to be so rude?" Neville asked getting back to his work.

"Come on, Nev," Dean begged. "You don't have to be like me. If you don't want to do anything with her after dinner she will probably toss you aside and go fuck some other guy anyway."

"Is this supposed to be persuading me?" Neville asked incredulously.

"Please," Dean pleaded with a desperate face.

Neville breathed in deeply. "I'm gonna regret this," he said. "I know I am."

"So you're in?

"When?" Neville asked reluctantly.

"Tonight, Three Broomsticks at 7.00pm sharp."

"Fine," Neville said.

"Great!"

****

Draco opened the door to Remus office. "I got the owl from Moving Pictures," he announced.

"And?" Remus asked hopefully.

"He was canned for trying to blackmail colleagues for their marital affairs," Draco informed him. "But that's not all."

Remus looked at him expectantly. "Well?"

"Most of the time he was hired by a third party," Draco said. "Apparently he's been doing it all over. If you need someone's life ruined, according to the grape he's the one you call."

"Well there you have it," Remus said, ecstatic that they were breaking upon new ground. "Caldwell will lead us to whoever is behind this whole thing. We best owl Harry and tell him what we found out, then I'm sure that he will want to pay him a visit."

"I bet," Draco said.

"Send Harry all the information we have including the note and photo," Remus instructed. "I'm sure Hermione will want to see it."

"You really think he will tell her about all this?" Draco asked.

"You know what, Draco?" Remus smiled. "I really believe this time he will."

****

It wasn't long after they crawled into bed that they had both fallen fast asleep. Harry and Hermione were exhausted; they had barely got any sleep the previous night. It had been a few hours since Harry had returned home from the ministry early that morning, and since their discussion about honesty, all of which they used to catch up on some shut eye. It had done them the world of good, they noticed, as both began to stir in bed.

Hermione was still sprawled out on Harry's chest when she started to stretch. "Merlin, I needed that kip," she said yawning.

"You needed it?" Harry asked, implying he needed it more. He then let an arm sling lazily over her bare back, his hand running up and down her spine.

"That tickles," she giggled, in reaction to feeling his fingers on her back.

Harry just grinned down at her and continued his ministrations. At that moment an owl appeared at their bedroom window. They both looked over to see Draco's owl fluttering against the glass with a package hanging from its beak. "I'll get it," Harry said, hearing Hermione sigh as she reluctantly rolled off him so he could get out of bed. He walked over to the owl and took the package from its beak. Petting it gently, he sent the owl went on its way.

Harry had a good idea what it was, his guess was confirmed when he opened the package. It contained a message from Draco along with the photo and the threatening note he'd seen earlier. He knew exactly why they had been sent to him at home, it was a blatant message; show them to Hermione. Harry laughed to himself quietly, then read the message Draco had sent.

Harry,

We've found a lead. Your photographer is on the ministry's criminal records. I suspect he is not the main threat to either of you, but I'm confident he will lead us to whoever is. We can go question him tomorrow, stay at home with Hermione today; you need the day off after all. By the way, Remus asked me to let you know that was an order, not a request.

See you tomorrow scar boy.

Draco

Harry laughed inwardly and tossed the note on a nearby chest of draws. He looked over to Hermione, who was still lying down on the bed, her face seeming to be begging for honesty. "Is everything ok?" she asked him with a raised brow.

"Everything is fine," he told her softly, then raised the photo and the other note up in his hand. "But there is something I'd like to show you and talk to you about."

Hermione smiled widely and patted the bed beside her. Harry quickly got back into the bed, and it wasn't long before they were almost in the same position they were in when they woke up. She nestled her head comfortably on top of his shoulder, then looked at him sweetly. "What you got?"

Harry wrapped his free arm around her and proceeded to tell her everything that had happened that morning, including Draco's clever trick with the photograph, along with the good news included in the owl he received just moments ago. The response to the news he was expecting, was not the one he got. Hermione didn't look worried in the slightest, which was a far cry from the way she acted the day the picture was taken. Instead, she was the picture of calm. She was still silently looking at the picture that Harry still held in his hand. "We look good," she said, her bold statement surprising Harry.

"Excuse me?" Harry asked taken aback.

"What?" she asked innocently gazing at him.

"We look good?" he repeated, still amazed by what she had said. "That's all you have to say about this?" He waved the photo for effect.

Hermione got up and leaned on her elbow. "Don't you think we look good?"

Harry looked at the photo then back at her. "Yeah but-"

"But what?"

"The day it happened I thought you were turning into Voldermort himself you were that angry," Harry replied.

Hermione looked embarrassed as she remembered that day; she had totally lost control of her emotions and then blamed everything on him. "To think it was always you who lost their grip on reality."

"Hey, I resent that," Harry grinned.

"So did I," Hermione said, giggling when he playfully pinched her arm. "I jut have so many more important things to think about now."

"Like?"

"Like you," she replied gently, earning a loving look from her fiancé.

"Our wedding," Harry added, and began stroking her hair.

"Our baby," she said in almost a whisper.

Harry's face lit up at those words. "I still can't believe it."

Hermione chuckled. "Yeah, we sure didn't waste anytime did we?"

"There's no point," he said simply. "All I know is that right at this moment, I have never felt happier."

Hermione slowly covered his hand that was stroking her hair. "Harry," she breathed, her voice laced with emotion.

"And it's all because of you," he added warmly.

Hermione brought his hand to her lips and kissed it tenderly. "I feel exactly the same way."

Harry leaned in and kissed her lips, leaving them to linger for a few moments before pulling back. "You still didn't answer my question you know? "

"What was the question?"

"Why is it that you're so calm over this all of a sudden?" he asked referring to the photo. "It can't just be because you have other things to think about."

Hermione let her finger tip skim lightly back and forth against his chin. "I don't have to worry about that photo or that note, do I?"

"No, you don't."

As Hermione gazed into his green depths, she thought back to when they were in school. Harry had always tried to look after her and felt the need to protect her, but back then she was so stubborn. Okay, so she was still stubborn, but as she got older she began to see things differently. Harry simply had wanted to protect what he loved the most, and unfortunately in school that had most of the time come across as macho. But now as she looked at him she realised, he knew that she was capable of taking care of herself, probably more so than him. He just desperately wanted her to know that he too could keep her from harm if she needed hi m to, that her safety would always come first in his life no matter what, and that of their baby's. He needed her to know that he would die before he let anything bad happen to them. That's what love was to him, wanting to put her happiness first.

And for the first time in Hermione's life, she was going to allow him that much, and let him know that she understood that. She wouldn't lose her identity because of it; she would just accept that Harry would never think any different. It was a weird feeling, because at school she resented him for it, but now she loved him for it.

"And the reason I know that I needn't worry," she began telling him softly. "About the note, the photo, or whatever it is we may have to face in the future...is because I'm always going to have you there to protect me. Right?"

Harry gazed at her affectionately before dropping the photo that was in his hand to the side, and reaching up to cup the side of her face, "That's right," he smiled, and then kissed her.

The kiss soon became passionate as Harry eased her backwards onto the bed. Within seconds he suddenly pulled away from her and began fidgeting, causing Hermione to let out a soft moan of protest. She frowned down at him, trying to figure out what he was doing twisted at such a strange angle. When he started tugging at something under the covers it clicked. "I told you, you should have taken your boxers off too," she said in her trademark know it all voice. "Then you'd be totally naked, just like me."

Harry finally managed to get off his boxers and fling them aside. He crawled back up her body. "You always know best."

She laughed as he hovered over her, then reached out and eagerly pulled him down into another fiery kiss. Hermione didn't think there was there anything better than the feel of him pressed against her. She gasped as his fingers slowly trailed over her breasts and stomach, his mouth soon following the path his fingers had taken. His hand cupped her lightly between her thighs and smiled against her breast as he felt how hot and wet she was already, then slipped a finger inside of her. Merlin, she felt so good. He could feel her walls clenching around his finger as he slipped in a second and then began to pump them gently in and out of her body. Hermione let out a moan as she arched her back to deepen his finger's thrusts.

She took his face in her hands and bought his head back up towards her. Harry continued to work his fingers against her as she crashed her lips against his. They shared a slow, lazy, deep kiss before Hermione caused Harry to let out a surprised gasp when she unexpectedly pushed him off of her and climbed on top of him. She placed her hands flat against his chiselled six-pack, and then leaned down to kiss his chest. Running her tongue over his nipple, Harry arched his back slightly at the tingling sensation. Biting her lip in a look of concentration that was adorable to him, she slowly reached down between them.

"Wait, wait," he said stopping her. "Is this...okay?" Hermione looked at him confused. "I mean, with the baby?"

Hermione smiled down at him. "Merlin, could you be any cuter?"

"I just don't want to do anything that could-"

"Harry, it's perfectly safe," she assured him. "You have my word."

Harry had a look of relief on his face. It would have killed him to have to stop at that moment. "Well then here," he reached between them and grabbed hold of himself. He looked her in the eyes and gave her a small smile, putting his hand on her hip. "You want it?" he whispered, nudging the tip of his cock inside her.

"I need it," she replied smiling. Hermione closed her eyes, and revelled in the feeling of sinking onto Harry's cock; feeling his body fill her and hearing his breath hitch in his throat. She moved slowly all the way onto him, then found his mouth again and kissed him. "I love you," she whispered against his lips. "Merlin, I love you."


"I love you, too," Harry replied, his voice oozing with emotion. "So much."


She leaned back and remained still for a moment, until she felt Harry begin leading her with the hand he held on her hip. He had a small smile on his face, truly enjoying being able to watch Hermione be in control. She opened her eyes and began moving above him, watching him closely as she started a steady rocking rhythm, but soon had to close her eyes again to concentrate on the pleasurable feelings that were quickly starting to invade her own body.


She felt his large powerful hands reach up to cup her breasts, exploring her body affectionately; the pleasure inside her building with every breath. They fit perfectly into to his hands, the soft velvety feel making him harder than he thought possible. Her nipples perked as his thumbs brushed over them repeatedly, Hermione moaning softly at the feel of his hands on her body. Harry leaned up and planted kisses along her throat. "You're so beautiful," he whispered into her ear, giving her nipples a small pinch. Hermione moaned again, making Harry's body twitch with heightened desire. His mouth found hers, his tongue diving in and tasting every last inch of her mouth while his hand continued to knead her breasts. Hermione's hip movements instantly started to quicken, as Harry's hands left her breasts to glide up her back and over her shoulders. Breaking the kiss and tilting her head back slowly, Hermione allowed herself get lost in the feeling of Harry pushing her down onto him as he thrust up into her; his movements also speeding up a bit.

He opened his eyes and smiled as he saw her enter a world filled only with pleasure, and then dropped his hands just above her hips to encourage her to lean back further if she wished. She did, and her breasts were now deliciously exposed to him, but all he could do was lick his lips as she grabbed his shoulders and started to move against him even faster. There was something indescribable about watching Hermione riding him, seeing her eyes tighten with concentration and feeling her body clench around him each time he thrust up into her. He was breaking out into a light sweat from the pure elation of the feeling, but he loved even more watching her enjoy taking control of the moment. As he felt Hermione's thighs start to clench, he took her hips into his hands and began thrusting up faster.

Hermione's heart was beating fast as she opened her eyes to see Harry watching her intently. The way he was pushing up into her to as she rode against him felt incredible, and suddenly she felt the urge to kiss him again. Her mouth pressed against him with desire, and her fingers left his shoulders to dig into his hair, still gasping at the feel of him repeatedly pressing hard into her. "Oh, Harry," she called out in a tiny voice. She grabbed his head and hugged it had close to her chest, then felt an explosion erupt deep within her.


Harry didn't stop moving, knowing that Hermione's orgasm was continuing in waves as she held him against her tightly, her body going rigid. He desperately tried to hold on, but her muscles were clenching around his cock so tight, he knew he didn't have a chance. He let out a deep moan, and felt himself come hard as he thrust up a few more times inside her. He rode out his own orgasm as he felt Hermione completely collapse against him, and then wrapped his arms around her snugly, not wanting to break the closeness of the moment just yet.

It took a few minutes for their breathing to return to normal. "Wow," Harry murmured against her chest. "That was..."

"Beautiful?" Hermione offered, lovingly stroking his hair.

Harry just grinned against her breasts, and then sharply fell backwards taking him with her. Hermione squealed surprised at his action, but laughed after they hit the bed. Still giggling, she swept her hair aside, leaned her arms across his chest, and rested her chin on top of them. It was no real surprise to her to see that Harry had already closed his eyes. Oh well, she felt perfectly happy to just gaze at him for a while.

"I can feel you staring at me," Harry told her with his eyes still closed.

"I can't help it," Hermione said. "You're just so darn cute."

Harry peeked at her. "That's just what a man wants to hear from a naked woman lying on top of him," he said sarcastically.

"Ok," Hermione said raising her eyebrows. "How's this? I can't help it; you're just so darn fuckable."

"Better," Harry replied as he reached out to stroke her face.

"So are we really gonna do this?" Hermione asked. "Just stay in bed all day."

"You got plans to do anything else?" Harry enquired, already knowing the answer.

"No, you know I want to stay right here all day."

"Thank Merlin, for that," Harry said wiggling his hips a little.

"Oh my," Hermione's eyes went wide as she felt Harry's dick hardening within her. It hadn't even been a minute and he was clearly ready to go again, not that she was complaining. Before she had time to process another thought, Harry flipped her over onto her back, careful not to slip out of her.

"This is what you get for your, darn fuckable comment," he told her huskily.

"I must remember to say it more often," Hermione said grasping his shoulder.

Harry nodded, willing himself to remind her from time to time. "It's my turn to ride you."

"Knock yourself out," she breathed, then bought his face down for a kiss as he began sliding leisurely in and out of her.

Harry swallowed her small moans of pleasure, and continued exploring her mouth with his tongue as he thrust into her in a slow, steady rhythm. Hermione soon let herself drown once again in the feelings of his soft lips, which left hers to run along her jaw and trail down her throat. His kisses were searing their way across her shoulder and collarbone, adding to the elation that she was already feeling from his big, pulsating cock gliding deeply in and out of her wetness.

"Ahhh," she moaned loudly, loving the feel of his soft skin beneath her fingers as she dug her nails into the rippling muscles in his back. The glistening sweat that had covered them from their previous romp was still present, along with the sweat from their present act, was enabling Harry to glide effortlessly along her.

She bit her lip to stop herself from crying out again, but was powerless to stop the loud gasp from escaping from her throat, and her eyes widening as Harry pushed inside her again, this time particularly hard. He stayed still within her and gazed down at her gorgeous face. Not once breaking eye contact, he reached up for one of the hands Hermione had placed on his shoulder, and then kissed her softly as he led it slowly down her body. Hermione didn't resist, and allowed him to lead her hand over her breasts, down her flat stomach, until she finally felt the place where they intimately joined.

He let go and raised himself up on his hands. "Touch yourself for me," he whispered, still gazing into her eyes. He had to smile when Hermione blushed red, but couldn't believe it when soon after her face returned to normal colour, he felt small fingers lightly brushing against the part of his cock he had let slide out. Looking down between them, he was amazed to find Hermione's nimble fingers exploring herself familiarly. With his eyes glued to this the most personal of acts, he saw himself start sliding in and out of her again, as well as Hermione fondle herself. Harry could not believe that she was doing this for him.

He had to admit that he thought of it was a long shot when he requested it, he was expecting a slap in the face or at least a look of disgust, he didn't think she'd actually do it! It was the sexiest, most erotic thing she had done for him, and the fact that she trusted him enough to actually do something so personal in front of him made it all the more sweeter.

Looking back up at Hermione, he saw her biting her lip with her eyes shut tightly, she was obviously well on her way to euphoria. "Come on princess," he whispered softly, speeding his thrusts up. He started pumping into her with added intensity. After what he had just seen he was sure that his head was going to explode. Harry took another glance down between them and saw Hermione's fingers now working furiously against herself, and his cock slamming in and out of her, then looked back up at her. "Oh fuck, Hermione I can't..." Harry couldn't finish his sentence as he felt a familiar stirring below his stomach. He knew where it was going next, and it was heading there fast.

Hermione used her free hand to claw at his back. "No! Just...a little more," she panted, trying to meet his erratic thrusts. Harry would never know how he did it, but he managed to hold on for the few more moments Hermione needed, and drove into a few more times. It wasn't long before both of them began shuddering.

Harry pushed in hard one final time, and went rigid as he hit his release. "Ahhh, fuck!!" he yelled as he hit his peak, trembling as he continued to empty inside of her. He could only watch below him in awe, as Hermione finally cried out louder than she ever had before.

"Oh Merlin, you feel so good!" she moaned, she was in heaven. It was the most intense orgasm that either of them had experienced.

Harry couldn't hold himself up any longer and collapsed on top of her, falling face down into the pillow beside her head. She immediately wrapped her arms around him, and kissed his shoulder tenderly. She shivered gleefully when she felt his cock twitch inside of her. "How the fuck can he still be hard after that?" she thought in amazement, then heard Harry mumble something in the pillow. "Did you say something?" she asked him gently, having no clue what he'd said.

Harry raised his head from the pillow just enough to see her face. "I said because of you."

"Because of me, what?" she asked confused.

"That's how I can still be hard," he replied winking.

"Hey!" Hermione exclaimed, now realising what he had done. "We talked about this and we agreed that you wouldn't pull Legilimency on me unless you had my permission!" She was trying to be serious, but his gorgeous 'just been thoroughly fucked' face was making it impossible, so she closed her eyes in defeat. "It's so unfair that you can do it without looking into my eyes!" she grumbled, her lids fluttering open again. "At least then I'd know what you were up to."

Harry just grinned cheekily at her; he knew she wasn't really mad with him. She never was after they made love. Hermione was always happy and thinking happy thoughts afterwards and funny thoughts as it turns out, which is the only reason he went in her mind without permission. "I am sorry," he said, not really meaning it.

"Do you think that just because I had an orgasm that I'll let you get away with anything?" she asked playfully.

"No," Harry kissed her gently. "But because you had one fucking mind blowing, orgasm," he told her boldly. Hermione giggled, and then closed her eyes in contentment as Harry nuzzled back into her neck lovingly.

Hugging him tightly to her she said, "I love, you."

"And I love you," he replied against her neck. "Love of my life."

Hermione smiled with happiness, and hugged him even tighter.

****

Anyone else need cooling down? lol. Hit that review button, I really need to know what you thought of this chapter.