Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

Just One More Thing

Chapter 32

****

Everyone was gobsmacked. The fact that their best friends had just announced they were getting married was surprise enough, but that they were having a baby too left them all speechless.

"Well?" Harry asked looking anxious. "What do you think?"

"We know that this must have come as a surprise to all of you," Hermione added. "But we are absolutely ecstatic about this."

"You guys sure didn't waste any time," Dean commented.

Ginny tapped Hermione's arm. "You and I actually get to be pregnant together, that is so cool."

"Congratulations you guys," Seamus told them happily. "You're gonna love being a father harry, it's the most rewarding thing in my life."

"I don't what's scarier," Draco said thoughtfully. "A little Harry or a little Hermione?"

"A little Hermione," Ron and Dean replied in unison, earning a glare from the butt of their joke.

Harry raised his eyebrows and Hermione to him. "I myself would love a little Hermione running around."

"You want to have a girl?" Hermione asked.

"Or a boy," Harry said. "I'm not fussed."

"Well I'm sure whatever you have will be absolutely beautiful," Luna said dreamily.

"I do too," Lavender agreed.

"When are you due?" Neville asked interested.

"April," Hermione answered happily.

"Around a month after me," Ginny added. "This is so cool."

"So this is what you lot are to become?" Dean said sounding annoyed. "Married with children? I feel sick."

****

The next day Hermione woke up feeling refreshed and even more vitalised than she had in the last few weeks. Last night had gone perfectly, and where Harry and her news had come as a surprise, she was overjoyed that their friends couldn't be happier for them.

Letting out her morning yawn, she stretched and then looked at the wizard who was flat on his back sleeping soundly beside her. She rolled onto her side and snuggled up closely to him, the slow rise and fall of his chest as he breathed in and out making her smile. Hermione could no longer resist and let her hand creep onto his stomach, her nails grazing his abs delicately as her fingers made their way up to his pecks.

"You're doing it again," a voice made her hand stop in its tracks.

Hermione looked up and found two green eyes gazing into hers. "Doing what?" she asked innocently.

Harry rolled onto his side to face her properly, and then wrapped an arm around her waist to pull her closer to him. "You know, checking me out while I'm asleep."

"And as always, you weren't really asleep," Hermione pointed out.

"I was too," Harry said honestly. "But you just had to go and touch me didn't you? I told you, the minute I feel your hands on me I'm ready stand to attention."

Hermione leaned in slowly and hovered teasingly away from his lips, as one of her hands snuck down in between them and cupped his now rock hard member firmly, making Harry close his eyes in bliss. "Stand to attention indeed."

"Miss Granger you surprise me," Harry remarked huskily.

"How so?" Hermione asked and began squeezing him gently.

"I mean on a Sunday," Harry said hoarsely. "You know, a day of supposed rest." Harry moaned quietly as Hermione's grip got tighter, but his eyes soon opened in disappointment when he felt Hermione let go of him.

Hermione pulled away from him smiling and got out of their bed. "You're right Harry; it is a day of rest."

Harry's mouth bobbed up and down. "But..."

Hermione pulled on her silk robe and tied it. "But what darling?"

"I don't want to rest," Harry told her. "I'm already rested!"

"Well you'll need all the energy you got today, trust me," Hermione smiled.

"Why's that?" Harry asked with renewed excitement.

Hermione kneeled on the bed and caressed his face. She leaned in closely like she did before and stopped just before she touched his lips. "Because the only thing that we're going to do today..."

"Is?" Harry questioned.

"Talk about the wedding!" Hermione squealed excitedly. She jumped off the bed and sprinted out of the room leaving Harry alone and very frustrated.

He looked down at his twitching erection and sighed. "This is gonna be a long day."

****

Ron and Luna were in bed that same morning talking about their friend's news from the previous night.

"I can't believe that Harry and Hermione are having a baby and getting married," Ron said in awe. "It's just so...grown up."

"I know," Luna agreed. "You are happy for them though, aren't you?"

Ron smiled. "Of course I am it's just...strange. They're my friends and I know they love me and everything..."

"But?"

Ron shook his head slightly. "But they're gonna be like a whole new kind of trio. Know what I mean?"

Luna cocked her head to the side. "I think so."

"Its not gonna be me, Harry and Hermione anymore."

"I guess not," Luna voiced in understanding.

"It's gonna be Harry, Hermione and a little baby."

Luna snuggled up to her boyfriend. "They're going to be a family Ron."

"Yeah," Ron grinned putting an arm around his girlfriend. "Harry's finally gonna get everything he's ever wanted."

"Just like he deserves," Luna added. "And I'm so glad that Hermione gets to be the girl to give it to him."

"Yeah, me too," Ron said truthfully. "I really couldn't be happier for the both of them. Although, I'm sure they're gonna want to find a new place now sooner rather than later, which means I have to get looking too. "

Luna felt a little hurt at his comment; it was as if he hadn't even considered them moving in together at all. She didn't know why he felt that way, not that she had asked him about it, but everyone else seemed to be getting on with their lives and making real commitments to each other. Why couldn't they?

Luna cleared her throat. "So, any ideas where you might like to get a place?"

"Not quite sure really," Ron said not noticing Luna's upset face.

"Well, you know that you can stay here for as long as you need to," Luna said happily. "I mean ever since Harry and Hermione got together, it's like we've been living together anyway."

"Yeah but I can't put it off forever," Ron said oblivious. "I'll need to find a place sometime."

"But Ron," Luna said sitting up. "It could take ages until you get something that you'd really want."

Ron gave her a comforting squeeze. "Hey that's ok, as long as it's close to you I'll take anything." Luna could take no more and quickly got out of bed, a confused Ron watching her every move in confusion. "What's the matter babe?"

"You can be so insensitive at times, do you know that?" Luna said sadly before fleeing the room, and leaving Ron completely confused.

****

Harry tried as hard as he could to keep up with the witch in front of him. She sure looked like Hermione, sounded like Hermione, but was not at all acting like Hermione. After he finally got his morning hard on to disappear, without the help of Hermione, Harry joined her at the dinning table for breakfast just like he did every morning. They began discussing plans for the wedding when Hermione suddenly started talking a mile a minute.

That was twenty minutes ago and she was still talking in a slightly distressed manor. "I mean there is so much to think about. There's my dress, your suit, my bridesmaids dresses, your groomsman's suits, the flowers, the venue, the..."

"Hermione!" Harry interrupted her sharply. "Baby, would you relax? Everything will be fine I promise. We have three months to organise all this, remember?"

"Wrong," Hermione said firmly. "We have two months, two weeks and six days."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Which is ample time to plan a wedding."

"But now I have a bookstore to think about, after I have worked my notice at the hospital of course, which has just made things..."

"Hermione," Harry took her hand in his. "Breathe."

She took a few calming breaths. "I'm sorry."

Harry smiled then walked around the table and sat down next to her. He put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her head. "You don't have to do this all by yourself you know?"

"I know," she said softly. "Harry, I just want our wedding to be perfect."

"It will be," Harry assured her. "We are going to get anything that you want and you're going to have the wedding of your dreams, I promise."

Hermione gazed at him lovingly. "But what about what you want?"

"Hermione, the only thing that I need for our wedding to be absolutely perfect, is for you to be standing right there next to me the whole time," he said softly, before kissing her lips gently.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah," he nodded. Hermione smiled at him but didn't say anything. Her breathing had returned back to normal much to his relief. Just then, Harry had a thought. "Listen, why don't you owl Justin? Ginny said that he's meant to be really good at this kind of thing. That and it would take a lot more pressure off of us."

"That wouldn't bother you?"

"Why would it bother me?" Harry asked confused. "I just suggested it."

"Yeah I know, but doesn't it make it less personal when you hire a wedding planner?"

"No of course not," Harry assured her. "It just makes things easier. He'll give us the choices based on our ideas and then we'll get to make the final decisions."

Hermione let out a breath. "You're right it's probably the best way to go."

Harry saw her downcast face and wasn't totally convinced that she was a hundred percent happy with the idea. "Hermione, I know that you have this thing where you want to try and do everything by yourself."

"I certainly do not!" she retorted affronted.

Harry smirked. "No?"

Hermione folded her arms. "Ok so maybe I do sometimes, but it's only because I want things to --"

"Be perfect?" Harry finished for her. "They will be. Don't you trust me?"

Hermione looked deeply into his eyes. "Of course I do."

"Then believe me when I tell you that our wedding, is gonna be everything that you dreamed it to be and more."

Hermione reached up with one hand and trailed her fingers down his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry said, and then kissed her gently against the lips. He pulled back, smiled at her and stood up. "I have to nip out for an hour."

"Where? I thought we were going to spend the day discussing the wedding."

Harry chuckled. "And we will I just have something that I need to do, that's all."

"Where are you going?" she frowned.

"Do I have to tell you everything that I do?" he grinned. He went over to the door and grabbed his jacket that was hanging nearby.

Hermione stood up. "Yes you do."

"Why?"

"So that I can tell you what a stupid idea it is before you do it," she replied. "That's one of the main reasons you need me remember?"

Harry didn't take any offence at her comment and slid his arms into the sleeves of his jacket. He walked back over to her and kissed her again. "It's nothing bad."

Hermione put a hand to her head. "Harry, I don't think that I can take any more surprises."

"Who knows? Maybe it won't surprise you?"

"How very vague of you," Hermione said with a small smile.

Harry reached out and rubbed her stomach affectionately. "See you two in about an hour." He gave her one last quick peck and left the flat.

****

Professor McGonagall was in her private chambers in the castle going over some term plans when she heard a knock at her door. She didn't have a clue who it was as she didn't remember arranging any meetings of any sort for that Saturday morning. She rose from her chair and went to open the door, a huge smile gracing her face when she saw who had disturbed her. "Well, well, look at you all grown up."

"Professor McGonagall," the voice said.

"I think that we've known each other long enough for you to start calling me Minerva now, don't you think Harry?"

Harry smiled and nodded. "Of course...Minerva."

"Please," she gestured for him to enter her quarters.

"Thank you," Harry said walking past her.

McGonagall closed the door and faced her former student. "It's very good to see you, Harry."

"It's good to see you too."

"Things are well?" McGonagall asked with a twinkle in her eye.

"They've never been better," Harry replied beaming. "I never though it would be possible to be as happy as I am right now."

McGonagall put her hands together. "I must say that I was overjoyed when I read about you and Miss Granger. I always thought that the two of you would make the perfect couple."

"You and everyone else," Harry said with a grin.

"How is Hermione?"

"She's great," Harry smiled at the thought of his fiancée. "She's actually the reason that I'm here."

"Oh?" McGonagall voiced intrigued. "And what is it that I can do for the two of you?"

"Well, we've decided to get married."

McGonagall was overjoyed to say the least. "Oh Harry, that's wonderful news. Congratulations."

"Thank you. We're very excited about it," Harry replied, not remembering the last time he saw his former teacher look so happy. "The thing is I know that it would mean the absolute world to her if we could have our wedding...here. Seeing as how you're now the headmistress, I was just wondering if there is any chance whatsoever that...maybe...you could possibly help me make that happen?"

McGonagall smiled. "When is it that you and Hermione are planning to get married?"

Harry did some calculations in his head. "We'll need the first week in November preferably the Saturday."

McGonagall referred to a calendar on her desk. "November 1st or the 8th?"

Harry looked thoughtful, it would be closer to the three months that he and Hermione had discussed if they got married on the 8th, give a few days of course. "November 8th would be perfect."

The headmistress smiled and nodded. "Congratulations Harry, you've just booked your venue."

"Really?"

"It would be an honour that the two of you get married here Harry, it's the least we can do for everything that you have done for us."

Harry was extremely grateful. "You have no idea how much this means to me Minerva, what it will mean to Hermione."

"Oh I think I have an idea," McGonagall ginned.

"If there is anything that I can do to thank you for this," Harry said seriously. "Please let me know."

"I saw Mr Weasley not long back and invited you all here to play in a quidditch game, did he mention it?"

"He did yeah," Harry replied remembering the conversation. "Both Hermione and I said that we'd be there."

"Then that's enough Harry," McGonagall said kindly. "It would be enough to see you all again." She looked around her. "This place just isn't the same without you all."

"You actually miss us," Harry smirked. "I don't believe that for one second. We were naughty at times."

"I think that's what I miss the most," McGonagall said, then looked at him seriously. "I'm very proud of you Harry, all of you. And I'm so happy that you're to get the ending you deserve, both you and Hermione."

Harry looked taken aback; he had never heard his old professor be so full of pride for her former students before. It was nice. "Thank you. For everything."

"He would have been proud of you too, you know."

Harry knew that she was referring to his old headmaster and it was still a sore subject for him to discuss. "I only wish that he could have seen me how I am right now."

McGonagall looked at him with sympathy. "He can Harry, we have to believe that remember?"

"Yeah I guess."

"He also knew what was going on between you and Miss Granger before anyone else," McGonagall confessed. "Although it's not like it wasn't completely obvious to everyone. But you are right; it would have been nice for him to see you so happy in person, rather than from afar."

Harry chuckled. "Yeah I figured he'd know before anyone else, but it could have been a lucky guess."

McGonagall's eyes twinkled yet again and smiled at Harry knowingly. "No he knew things that even left me astounded. He was damn right cocky about it at times."

"Like what?" Harry grinned.

"Oh just things, we'd chat about so much but one of his favourite topics was you and Hermione."

"Is that so?"

McGonagall laughed. "Oh yes. It's a shame he passed before I was able to pay up."

"Pay up?" Harry repeated confused.

"He bet that the two of you would marry each other before you reached the age of 25, the cocky piece of work was well ahead of schedule it would seem."

"You bet on us?"

McGonagall seemed a bit guilty. "Well he did, I bet against you."

"Why?"

"Of course I knew that the two of you would end up together, I just thought it would take a little longer that's all," She tried to explain. "The `will they' or `wont they' charade was becoming damn right infuriating, like when you're desperate to read the next chapter of a book but you can barely keep your eyes open."

"I understand," Harry smiled. "So will you be at our wedding?"

"Am I invited?"

"Of course."

"Then I wouldn't miss it for the world," McGonagall said happily.

"Good," Harry said approaching the headmistress. "I'm afraid have to go, Hermione will be expecting me. Thank you so much for everything."

"You're welcome, and do pass on my congratulations to Hermione,"

"I will," Harry told her and headed for the door. He opened it but stopped and turned round when a thought came into his head.

"Something wrong Harry?"

"Professor Dumbledore," Harry started. "I don't suppose he predicted anything else...did he?"

"Well now you mention it there was just one more thing."

"What?" Harry asked desperate to know.

"I don't know it's what you might call pretty out there."

"Please?" Harry said itching to know.

"I don't suppose that you and Hermione have any other news that you wish to share," McGonagall said with a small grin. "Do you?" The Hogwarts headmistress could only chuckle as she watched Harry remain still and his mouth open in surprise.

"H-h-how could he..." Harry's mouth wouldn't form the right words as it continued to bob up and down. "He couldn't possibly..."

McGonagall approached him and placed her hands on his shoulders, her heart was full of happiness for her two former students. "I can only hope that I'm still the headmistress when they start school Harry."

"I'm sorry," Harry laughed nervously and closed his eyes briefly. "They?"

"I think I might have said too much?" McGonagall said taking a step back but didn't stop smiling. "Harry, I do believe that your fiancée is waiting for you."

Harry cleared his throat which had suddenly gone very dry. "Yes. She is."

****

-->