Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: Hi everyone. This is the same AN that I posted in my other story, Potters World. So if you have been following that story, you have probably already read the following.

The delay in updating this story has been long as with my other fictions and I can only apologise. I have so much going on in my life, including some not so nice things happen over the last few months. I don't believe in posting author notes in chapter segments, as it puts the fiction at the top of the new and updated page and causes people to have false hope in the story itself being updated. I have uni exams now to concentrate on so I haven't a lot of spare time at the moment. Please be assured that I will never abandon my fictions, and as annoying as it is to have to wait so long for a new chapter, I sincerely hope that you can all bare with me. Thank you to all of you who continue to read and review, you have no idea how much it means to me. If I can't update for whatever reason over a long period of time, I'll let you all know why at least by answering a few reviews.

Hope you enjoy this next chapter!

Just One More Thing

Chapter 22

****

Harry went home that night with a new determination to talk to Hermione about whatever she wanted to. After his chat with Remus, he realised that he hadn't really given the amount of attention to Hermione as she would have liked in terms of providing an ear. He was still guilty of taking every worry upon himself just like he did in school. The damning photograph of them having sex was still nowhere to be seen or heard of, and as much as he told Hermione not worry, he would be lying if he said that he weren't worried himself. The fierce protectiveness that rose within him where Hermione was concerned was borderline dangerous. She had been through so much heartache over the past months thanks to her arsehole of an ex-fiancé, and no matter how much it killed him inside to think about it, because of himself also. Yes, Hermione and he was happier than ever right now, but he still couldn't stop beating himself up over the fact that he could have started making her happy along time ago, if he had simply took his head out of his arse sooner and told he loved when they were still at school. Harry couldn't change the past, but he was going to do his best to make sure that their future was as perfect as he could make it for them.

Harry walked into the apartment and saw Ron and Hermione sitting at the table.

"Hey you guys," he said happily, then removed his cloak and threw it over the back of the nearby sofa. Reaching Hermione he planted a soft kiss against her lips. "Hi beautiful."

"Hiya, handsome" she smiled. "How was your day?"

"Oh, you know, same old same old," he told her. "Yours?"

"Same old same old," Hermione mimicked.

"What are you guys up to?" Harry asked.

"Well," Ron chirped. "I was just telling 'beautiful' over here about my day at Hogwarts."

Harry playfully smacked Ron around the head after his friends teasing of his pet name for Hermione.

"Wanna hear about it, handsome?" Ron laughed, this time earning a nudge from Hermione.

"That will be about enough out of you," Harry grinned. "So how did it go?"

"It was really good actually," Ron replied. "Everything looks exactly the same as when we left it. The only thing that's changed are the faces."

Harry sat down next to Hermione. "And what did those aspiring minds think of the guest of honour?"

"I think they were pretty made up," Ron answered proudly. "I love signing autographs."

"Now why doesn't that surprise me?" Hermione joked, causing Ron to stick his tongue out at her childishly.

"They let me release the snitch at the game," Ron told them.

"But most importantly, who won?" Harry asked not being able to wait anymore.

"I'm happy to say that Gryffindor kicked some Slytherin arse," Ron announced.

"As usual," Harry commented.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "This conversation is getting a bit boring rather quickly."

Harry glanced sideways to her. "Thought you were getting into quidditch?"

"Like I told you before, I only enjoyed it when you played," Hermione said. "That uniform made you look rather sexy."

Harry grinned at her. "I should try and get hold of one then, not quite sure the one I wore in school would fit anymore."

"Ahem," Ron coughed trying to get their attention. "I'm still here you know."

"We know," Harry and Hermione said simultaneously.

"One other thing, before you get the urge to shag right in front of me," Ron said looking at Harry. "McGonagall wants to know if you'd be interested in playing in some sort of testimonial match?"

"Testimonial match?" Harry repeated. "What for?"

Ron shrugged. "I just think the old gal wants to see some of her former students, and she thinks a quidditch game featuring the old and new would be a good way to go about it."

"I don't know Ron," Harry said sceptically. "I haven't played for ages."

"I think it would be a wonderful idea," Hermione said. "And so what if you haven't played for a while, it's got be like riding a bike, right?"

Ron nodded emphatically as Harry looked at his girlfriend. "You just want to see me in that uniform don't you?"

"Well there is that," Hermione giggled. "And it'd be nice to go to Hogwarts and see some of our old professors."

"Wood has already agreed to it Harry, as have I," Ron added. "I think she's going to ask Draco and Ginny as well."

"Ginny won't be able to in her condition," Hermione pointed out.

"Well obviously," Ron said. "She doesn't know that Ginny's pregnant, but I bet blondie will be up for it. C'mon Harry, it'll be a right laugh."

"It would be nice to go back there I suppose," Harry mused.

"I'd be in the stands cheering for you as always," Hermione told him. "With added ferocity this time."

Harry kissed her forehead. "How am I suppose to turn it down with an initiative like that?"

"So this means you're in?" Ron asked hopefully.

"Sure."

"Wicked," Ron said excitedly. "Cause I kinda already told her you would."

Harry shook his head and laughed. He shouldn't have expected anything else.

"She also asked me to pass on her congratulations to you both," Ron told them. "Said she was over the moon when she read about you two in the paper."

"In that case we'll definitely have to go see her," Hermione told Harry, who simply smiled.

"Now," Ron said looking between the two. "What's for tea I'm starving?"

"Is something wrong with your arms and legs?" Hermione asked him.

"No," Ron replied not sounding the slightest bit offended. "Just wondered whether or not you'd want the chance to prove to me that your cooking skills are improving."

"I never said they were," Hermione hit back.

"Why I don't I cook for all us?" Harry offered, enjoying the banter between his best friends.

"No, you've been at work all day," Hermione said.

"Yeah, so have you," Harry said putting an arm around her.

"So have I," Ron piped up.

All three looked at each other and nodded. "Takeout."

****

Ginny and Draco invited Seamus, Lavender and their baby Roots around for tea that evening. It had been a while since they had seen them and also wanted to tell them all that had happened over the past week. Where it had come as quite a shock, Seamus and Lavender were thrilled for them to say the least.

"So how did Ron take it?" Seamus asked, piling more mashed potato onto his plate.

"Oh you know, his head exploded, and then he realised that it wasn't actually about him," Ginny answered, humour present in her voice.

"Makes me wonder what else we've been missing," Lavender said smiling. "We read about Harry and Hermione."

"Oh I know," Ginny gushed. "It's great isn't it? Bout time they got their act together."

"Have they found a place yet?" Seamus asked. Harry had told them that he and Hermione had planned on getting an apartment by themselves.

"Harry said they haven't had the time to look around yet," Draco answered. "They've got other going on at the minute anyway."

"And what about you two? Decided when the 'wedding' is going to be?" Lavender asked, excited at the prospect of being a bridesmaid.

"Well." Ginny started. "If it was up to my mother it would've been next week. But I want everything to be perfect and that takes time."

"Have you thought about the dress?" Lavender questioned.

"I know exactly which one I want, only I can't go into too much detail with my dear husband sat right next to me," Ginny said.

Draco smiled and shook his head. "Babe, we're are already married, we can't have bad luck now, remember?"

Ginny looked down. "I know, but, I just want it to be like the real thing."

Draco covered his wife's hand knowing he was being insensitive. "You know what? You're right, I most certainly must not see or hear of the dress until the day of the wedding."

Ginny smiled at her husband then pecked him on the lips.

"Arrh," Lavender cooed. "Why can't we be more like that Seamus?"

Seamus was too interested in his food, and didn't even look at his wife as he replied. "Because we've been married longer pudding pop."

"Lavender, you're going to have to let me know everything that you went through when you were pregnant," Ginny said.

"The only thing you need to do is remember how your body looks now," Lavender told her.

Ginny looked at her in confusion. "Why's that?"

Lavender brought her glass of wine just before her lips. "Because it will never look the same again."

Ginny looked over to Draco in horror.

****

The trio had ordered in some Chinese takeout, seeing as how none of them were really up to cooking.

Ron threw his napkin down on the table after finishing the last of his food then belched loudly, an action that Hermione thought was revolting. It wouldn't have been so bad if Harry and her weren't still eating.

Hermione sent him a dirty look. "You know Ron, manners are taught so that men could have at least some chance of separating themselves from the apes!"

Harry grinned at his girlfriends comment but said nothing, it was his usual reaction when Ron and Hermione bickered.

Ron leaned back against the chair and started rubbing his stomach. "You know Hermione, it's considered rude in some countries if you don't burp after a fine meal. It's a sign of appreciation."

"Well if it's all the same I'd rather you not do it around me," Hermione said firmly.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Harry, will you please control your woman?"

Hermione eyes flashed dangerously while Harry closed his knowing what was coming.

"What did you just say?" Hermione asked fiercely. Of course she had heard what Ron said but she wanted to see if he would dare repeat it.

"What is your beef tonight Hermione?" Ron asked, avoiding her question by asking another. "You need to chill out a bit, you know, loosen up."

"Loosen up?" she repeated insulted.

Ron sent her an evil grin. "Or are you in the need for some release that only Harry here can provide for you."

Harry stared at him and shook his head slowly, Ron's final comment was going too far. He turned to see Hermione huff and angrily throw her fork down onto the plate in front of her. She stood up quickly then stomped off towards the bedroom she now shared with Harry.

As soon as she was out of ear shot, Harry looked accusingly at his best friend. "You're a prick!"

"What?" Ron asked defensively.

"What do you mean, what?" Harry asked not willing to let this go. "Do you ever think before you speak?"

"Harry, it was a joke."

"It wasn't funny," Harry said seriously. "You know how sensitive she is when comes to such things, there was no need to go and embarrass her like that."

"What's her problem anyway? Her moods are up and down like a yo-yo lately," Ron moaned.

"She's just…going through a bit of a confusing time at the moment that's all," Harry told him.

It was the truth. Hermione's career wasn't exactly stable at the moment and she had no idea what to do next. He knew it was affecting her. Harry also didn't want to go into the other reason for her acting short tempered lately, the whole photograph palaver. Ron nor Luna were aware of what had happened at the quidditch game. The only people that knew were Remus, Tonks, Draco and Ginny, and he didn't want to tell Ron right about it right at that moment. With the way his friend was acting at the moment he certainly didn't want to give him more ammunition to be able to tease Hermione with.

"What do you mean by confusing?" Ron asked sincerely.

"Just that…confusing," Harry said evasively.

"Thought as much," Ron snorted.

"What?"

"Oh c'mon Harry, it's not like you guys tell me anything anymore anyway, so why should I be surprised?" Ron pointed out. He got up and took his plate over to the sink, missing Harry's look of guilt.

Harry hated to have to admit that Ron was right. Over the last months, he and Hermione hadn't really spent any quality time with their friend. They had been so wrapped up in each other that they had barely noticed anyone else. Harry put it down to being busy and having other things on their minds. Thinking about it, it wasn't an excuse that he would accept if he was in Ron's position, and he was sure Hermione wouldn't accept it either.

When Ron started dating Luna, and began spending the majority of his nights with her, he always made sure to make time for Harry and Hermione. Ron also told them everything that was going on, and was always going to them for advice. He still needed them, and only recently did he start wondering if he was still as important to Harry and Hermione, as they were to him.

"You're right," Harry said, seeing his friend walk back to the table with a sad face. "I'm sorry."

Ron sat back down. "I understand Harry, really, I do. I know that you've wanted to be with Hermione for so long and now that you finally are, you want it to be just the two of you. It's just…we use to tell each other almost everything, and things are just so different now."

"You're still our best friend," Harry told him truthfully

"I know that," Ron smiled sadly. "I just get this feeling that you two are in your own little world now, a world that doesn't have a place for me."

Harry saw an opportunity to lighten the current situation. "That's true, Hermione and I do have a world that doesn't have a place for you, it's called bedroom."

"Fair comment," Ron chuckled, then turned serious again. "But there is something going on isn't there? Something that if we were in school you'd tell me about."

"Yes," Harry replied honestly. "There is."

Ron nodded. "Will you tell me?"

Harry didn't answer him straight away. "You know if something was happening to you and Luna? Something serious? Would you tell me?"

Ron thought a moment before he replied. "I'd have to ask Luna first of course but then yeah, of course I would."

Harry smiled. "Then let me talk to Hermione, see how she feels about it, then we'll tell you."

"That I can do," Ron said happily.

"Ron, I'm so sorry that we've been so distant," Harry apologised. "You should know by now how much you mean to both of us."

"Even Hermione?" Ron asked sceptically.

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "You just need to stop pissing her off."

"Where's the fun in that?" Ron laughed.

Harry laughed to, only to stop when a thought popped into his head. "There is something I want you to be the first to know?"

"What's that?" Ron asked intrigued.

"Well, not the first to know because someone already guessed, but I want you to be the first person I told," Harry said.

"Go on."

"I'm going to ask Hermione to marry me," Harry smiled.

After the initial surprise of what Harry had just told him, Ron allowed a smile to form on his face. "Really?"

"Yeah," Harry grinned. "Really."

"That's wicked," Ron said happy for his friend. Harry was well on the way to getting the happiness he deserved.

"Think she'll go for it?" Harry asked nervously.

"I'd put my life, and the quidditch world cup which I hope to win one day, firmly on it," Ron said.

Harry nodded with a goofy expression on his face. "Good."

"She loves you, Harry," Ron told him. "One only has to see how she looks at you to know that. And the fact that neither of you have looked as happy as you are right now. Together."

Harry and Ron were so absorbed in their conversation, that they failed to notice Hermione standing in front of the bedroom door across the room, looking at them intently. Her eyes were puffy and it was obvious she had been crying. She shook herself on the spot where she was standing and slowly began walking over to them.

Harry noticed her approaching them and immediately stood up. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," she replied quietly.

"Can I get you anything?" he asked concerned.

"Special tea?" she asked with a smile.

"Coming right up," Harry kissed her forehead and went over to the kitchen.

Hermione sat down opposite Ron. "I'm sorry about before."

Ron shook his head. "Don't be. It was my fault and I went too far, I'm the one that should be sorry."

"Ron Weasley apologising, I'm honoured," Hermione joked.

"Don't get to use to it," Ron winked.

"Don't worry I won't," Hermione smiled at him.

Harry came back and took his seat beside Hermione. "Pot's on."

"Thank you," Hermione said sweetly.

Ron looked between the two of them and sniggered. "Well, I'm gonna go. All this sweetness is starting to give me toothache. That and Luna's expecting me so I guess I'll leave you two to it."

"Are you sure," Harry asked.

"Yeah, I've eaten so there's not really much point in sticking around," Ron said standing up and putting on his jacket. "Besides, you two haven't seen each other all day and I'm sure you want to be alone."

"But this is still your home," Hermione pointed out.

"I know," Ron said, grateful for her comment. "But I want to go and be alone with my fine specimen of a female."

Ron winked at the two of them, then left.

When Ron had gone, Harry took Hermione's hand in his. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine don't worry."

"That's my line," Harry said, then started stroking her hair.

Hermione giggled. "And I always let you get away with it."

"Yeah, you do," Harry said gazing into her eyes. "You shouldn't."

"Sorry?" she said surprised.

"I need to apologise to you," he said.

"Whatever for?"

"I'm not exactly a good listener," Harry admitted.

"You were great this morning when I was talking about my career," Hermione pointed out.

"I'm taking about when you try to bring up the photograph," Harry said softly.

"Oh, I see," Hermione said quietly.

"Hermione, you know me better than anyone else, and you should know by now that when it comes to you, I get fiercely protective," Harry told her. "Sometimes so much that I try not to include you in situations that could cause you to be upset."

"You don't say," Hermione said sarcastically.

Harry managed a smile before he continued. "I'd hate for you to think that you couldn't approach me for whatever reason. And I know that you think that I've been pushing you away lately."

"Yes, I have," Hermione admitted. "But like you said, you're only doing it to protect me and I fully understand that. I just wish you would let me in sometimes, especially when it concerns both of us."

Harry remained silent for a moment, reflecting on everything that had happened over the past week. He then said the only thing he could at that moment. "Darling, I am so sorry."

Hermione smiled and tenderly began caressing his face. "You know what?"

"What?" he asked, loving the feel of her hands on his face.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," she said softly. "We can discuss this in the morning. Right now I want something else."

"What do you want?" he asked huskily.

"I want you to take me to bed," she whispered seductively.

"What about your special tea?" he asked with a grin.

"Forget about the tea," Hermione said, then started nibbling on his ear. "And just fuck me."

Harry let out a breath, he needed no more prompting than that and took Hermione into his arms.

Harry and Hermione fumbled into their bedroom, locked in a passionate embrace. They stood by the bed kissing and embracing, as Harry began to undress her. He lifted her blouse up and over her head, eventually letting it drop to the ground. Hermione began teasingly running her hands down his chest, marvelling at the muscles underneath the cloth, before roughly tearing apart his shirt causing buttons to fly everywhere. As Hermione's hands trembled from touching his exposed soft skin, Harry reached for the waistband of her jeans. Ripping them apart quickly, he gently started to ease them down her legs, his face sneaking the odd kiss against her breasts, stomach and thighs as he brought her jeans to the ground..

Stepping out of them, Hermione now stood before him in only her bra and panties. Harry took a step back to take in the incredible beauty that was before him, his eyes clouding with even more lust than he thought possible, when Hermione reached behind her back and unclasped her bra. She let it fall elegantly to the ground, her perky breasts now completely exposed to the man she wanted to feel inside her so desperately. Harry couldn't wait any longer, he reached his hands down and grasped her bottom, pulling her against him. He knew she'd be able to feel his erection through his pants, and wanted her to know that she was the sole cause of it. Hermione again fused her lips with his, then pushed what was left of his shirt off of his shoulders. Harry stepped back slightly and hooked his fingers in the band of Hermione's panties. Once again sinking down to his knees, he pulled them down her toned legs, enabling Hermione to step out of the undergarment. Now naked, Hermione suddenly turned to their bed and pulled the sheets down, before sliding in. Harry tossed the knickers in his hand away then stood up and watched her as he reached down to undo his belt. He slid his trousers down his legs along with his boxers and tossed them aside. When he was completely undressed, he climbed in after her.

He kissed her hungrily before crawling on top of her. Hermione spread her legs wide so that she could easily accommodate him. Harry settled between them and grabbed hold of his now stiff cock. Guiding it towards her folds he began to slowly push inside her. As always it was like slipping into a velvet glove, her walls encasing around his member so tightly, making him groan.

"Harry," Hermione moaned in bliss as she felt him inside her.

"Yeah," he asked, still revelling in the intense pleasure he always got when he first entered her.

"I need something from you," she said breathless.

"What," he whispered looking at her with the same penetrating gaze as before.

"I need you to fuck me as hard as you can," she said completely aroused.

"Are you sure?" he asked in mild surprise. He had never seen her so brazen before but had to admit that it was a huge turn on. She nodded her head and he would obey, already not having a will strong enough to deny her of anything.

"You do realise that I'm gonna fuck you so hard, you're gonna split in two," he told her softly, making Hermione sigh.


"That sounds wonderful," Hermione whispered, happy that he was willing to grant her request.

Harry soon began to fuck her madly like they were two animals in heat. The bed began to creak under their furious movements and the headboard banged against the wall in a steady rhythm. He let his head fall against hers and she looped her arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. Their mouths opened and their tongues tangled with one another, fighting for control. With his cock thrusting in and out of her frantically, it wasn't long before she started to come hard, clenching her walls around him and screaming his name from the immense pleasure he was making her experience. Kisses and exhilarating moans filled the air as Harry felt an undeniable need to possess her fully, to get inside her as far as he could. As he hoarsely shouted her name, Harry released his seed deep within her and Hermione let out a final satisfied gasp. She pulled his shoulders downward, still trying to keep him deep inside of her. When Harry finally stopped moving, he collapsed against her and they remained silent, both trying to slow their breathings down and to collect themselves again.


They held shakily in their position, content to linger at such an intense moment and feel the aftershock run through them. Shallow pants of air and skin touching skin were the only sounds. Harry tried to move off of her so he wouldn't crush her but she wouldn't let him.


"I love you," Hermione whispered but Harry remained silent, wrapping his arms tightly around her. "And thank you, I really needed that."

Harry raised his head to look at her. "I love you too, and you're welcome." Hermione grinned and bought him down for another kiss. "Care to tell me what bought that on?" Harry asked with a smile.

Hermione honestly didn't know how to answer. All she knew was that she wanted him, needed him at that moment. "I just needed you."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Well, I'm happy to be here for you," he laughed. His look then turned serious, he was curious as to what made her behave the way she had. "Hermione--"

Hermione put a finger to his lips. "Harry please, can we talk tomorrow? Not tonight."

Harry smiled at her and nodded reluctantly. He would be lying if he said that this new side of Hermione hadn't blown him away in a good way, but something was different tonight. Hermione for once was being extremely clingy, and very bold for that matter. He knew something wasn't right.

****