Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just One More Thing by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just One More Thing

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: Just so you're not confused, in the story whenever a phone call takes place, the character on the other end of the phone will be written in italics. I hope that's ok and doesn't spoil the flow for you, it shouldn't do. If you have any other suggestions on how I could handle it, please feel free to let me know, I believe it to be a big weakness for me. X

Just One More Thing

Chapter 27

****

The clock on their bedside table read 4.07pm, but Harry and Hermione were still snuggled up together fast asleep in bed. They were completely worn out from all the drama which happened at her parent's house, all of the honesty about what was going on with their damning photo, and all of the sex they had had throughout the day.

The phone on their beside table suddenly began to ring loudly. Hermione, who was up until that moment resting peacefully on Harry's chest, frowned at the disturbance but kept her eyes closed. The damn phone kept ringing and Hermione eventually gave up. She reached over Harry to answer it, waking him up in the process.

"Hello?" she greeted groggily, holding the sheets up over her chest.

"Hello, Hermione," the voice on the other end of the phone said. "It's me, Neville."

"Oh, hi Neville," she said with a small yawn.

"I'm terribly sorry, I've woken you haven't I?"

"Oh, don't worry about it, Nev," she said looking at the clock. "It's about time I was up."

"I'm really sorry to be a pain, but is Harry about? I'd really like to speak to him if possible."

"Yeah sure he's right here, hold on." Hermione handed the phone to Harry, and then settled back down onto his chest.

"Hi Nev," Harry said yawning himself. "What can I do for you?"

"Harry, I'm in really big trouble and need your help."

"Well what's the matter, are you ok?" Harry asked sounding worried. Hermione looked up from his chest sharply, showing concern herself at his tone of voice.

"I've got a date tonight and I could really use some advice."

Harry sighed relieved. "Damn it Nev, I thought you were being held hostage or something."

"Oh no, nothing like that."

"So you have a date, that's a good thing isn't it?" As the words left Harry's mouth, Hermione rolled her eyes and smiled, also relieved that it wasn't anything too serious. She settled back down into her favourite position on his chest, and continued to watch Harry's expressions as he spoke with their friend.

"The thing is Harry, I don't really have any idea what to do, or say for that matter. I'm starting to wish I'd just told Dean no."

"Wait a minute, what's Dean got to do with this?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"It's kind of a double date," he said cringing.

"You're going out on a double date with Dean?" Harry asked in amazement.

Hermione, who had been listening closely with interest, raised her eyebrows high in equal surprise as if to say, 'good luck with that'.

"Yes, and I just know that I'm going to make a complete fool of myself."

"Neville, I don't know what it is your expecting me to say to you," Harry told him. "The only real advice I can think to give you is, just be yourself."

"But what do women, you know, like to talk about?" he asked.

"Anything, but every woman is different you now that," Harry told him honestly. Hermione couldn't take anymore of this; she scooted further up his chest and rested on his shoulder. She had to know exactly what this conversation was about, and in order to do that she needed to hear what Neville was saying. Harry grinned down at his girlfriend; her level of curiosity was borderline funny sometimes. The call wasn't that personal so he didn't mind her listening in; she might even be able to offer better advice than he could. In fact, he was sure of it.

"Well yes. But the thing is Harry; I have no experience at all at this kind of thing."

"What are you talking about? Harry asked, clearly believing that statement was untrue. "You've been out on dates."

"Yes I have, and they're all my friends now," Neville said sounding miserable. "Lets face it Harry, women don't want to date me. They want to talk to me about their dates."

Hermione decided she had listened long enough; she took the phone out from Harry's grip and placed it against her face. "Neville! Who has been filling your head full of this rubbish?! Was it, Dean?!" Harry shook his head in amusement. Hermione was really something.

"Hermione?" Neville voiced quietly confused.

"You are one of the sweetest people on this planet and I'll have you know that women love that quality in a man," she told him.

"You've been listening all this time?" Neville enquired, he didn't sound angry though.

"I thought maybe you'd like a woman's view," Hermione said.

"I would have asked for it from the start if I hadn't been so embarrassed," he told her shyly. "I mean this is what I'm talking about Hermione, we've know each other for years and I can't even ask you myself for advice about girls!"

"Neville, there is nothing to be embarrassed about," she said trying to make him feel better. "But, and it's very rare that I say this, I agree with Harry." Harry looked at her in mock offense and received a flick of the brows. "You should be yourself."

"But Dean-"

"Don't listen to him," she advised in slight disgust. "He talks out of his arse and has never had a relationship last longer than a quidditch match! He's a womaniser, plain and simple."

"Ouch," Harry smirked quietly.

Hermione loved Dean to pieces; he was one of their closest friends and funniest, but it was obvious to everyone he wasn't boyfriend material. She had no doubt he knew how to shag women, but he didn't know how to connect with them on an emotional level. He was renowned to all of them as being the friend who enjoyed casual sex, or in Dean's own words, 'flings without strings'. Neither Hermione, nor the rest of their click ever seriously condemned him for it. Sure they got their digs in diplomatically or when they joked about things in general, but most of the time they just let him get on with it. It wasn't really any of their business, but Hermione would be damned if she was going to let him try and encourage Neville to sink to his level.

"What time is your date?" she asked.

"7.00."

"Great," Hermione glanced at the clock. "That gives us just under three hours. Get round here sharpish and we'll prep you."

"Prep me?"

"We'll try to make you feel less nervous," Hermione elaborated.

"I'll be right there."

Hermione smiled and put the phone down, then noticed Harry's crestfallen face. "What's wrong?"

"Does this mean we have to get out of bed and put clothes on?"

****

Twenty minutes later and there was a knock at the door. Hermione opened it and greeted their guest cheerfully. "Hi, Nev."

"Hi, Hermione," Neville didn't move and looked frightened to death.

Hermione chuckled. "Boy do we have out work cut out for us."

Harry appeared behind Hermione. "Hi there, Neville. Are you planning on coming in anytime soon or you just going to stand there all night?"

Neville laughed nervously and finally walked into the apartment. He was already dressed in his best clothes and it was noticed by both Harry and Hermione that he'd done something he'd never done before, he had gelled his hair back. He saw them looking at him strangely and frowned. "It's too much isn't it?"

"What?" Harry and Hermione replied at the same time.

"The hair," Neville pointed to his head. "I look silly don't I?"

"No," came two replies.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?"

Harry cleared his throat. "Nothing, just...it's..."

"I think what Harry is trying to say, is that we've never seen you look so...James Bond before," Hermione said.

"James Bond is good though right?" Neville asked.

"Oh yeah," Hermione gushed.

Harry raised his eyebrows at his fiancées comment. "I didn't know you were into him."

"Every girl's into James Bond," she gushed again. Neville looked at Harry and nodded in agreement.

"He didn't wear hair gel though," Harry said.

"Sean Connery did," Hermione said dreamily.

"The best Bond," Neville threw in.

"That's debatable," Harry quipped.

"Who do you thinks' the best Bond then?" Hermione asked interested.

"Roger Moore," Harry answered simply.

"Really?" Hermione asked sceptically.

"He was suave," Harry added.

Hermione was about to respond when Neville spoke. "Erm guys, this conversation is fascinating but, I could really use some help here."

"We'll finish this later," Hermione told Harry, before they both turned their attention to Neville. "You guys go take a seat while I get us some drinks. And Harry?"

"Yes darling," he smiled innocently.

"Do not scare him," she said sternly.

Harry pretended to look offended but he failed. No matter what situations they were in, Hermione knew the men always made fun of each other and took the piss out of each others unfortunate shortcomings whenever possible. Harry reluctantly agreed not to make fun and lead Neville over to the settee. He glanced over to Hermione and saw that she was busy in the kitchen area, before he started to speak to Neville in a hushed tone.

"Look, there is something you can do for your nerves," Harry told him.

"There is?" Neville asked hopefully.

"Yes," Harry confirmed. "But if I tell you this, you have to promise me that afterwards you forget that the entire conversation ever took place."

"O-kay," Neville agreed confused.

Harry leaned closer to Neville's ear. "About half an hour before you go out, shoot your load."

"Excuse me?" Neville asked shocked.

"You know...wank off," Harry said to make it more clear.

"I know what you meant, Harry," Neville said distressed. "What good would that do?"

"You should know it makes you more relaxed, Nev." Neville's mouth bobbed up and down. "Don't try and deny it, we all do it."

"You really think it will work?"

"Of course it will. The way I see it you've got two choices, you can either come in the comfort of your own home where there is no one about? Or you can come in your pants when you're sitting across from her?" Neville looked horrified but was beginning to see the meaning of Harry's madness. "That's the only reason you're nervous mate, you're testosterones are jumping up and down in there," Harry explained and pointed to Neville's crotch. "They're just desperate to get out and travel to that woman's paradise. Believe me I know."

"You mean...you've done it yourself?"

"Are you kidding me? It got me through school," Harry told him truthfully. "I was doing it like five, six times a day."

"Wh...what...why?" Neville stammered. "Why... would you need to do it that often?"

"The reason is currently making drinks in the kitchen," Harry smiled.

Neville looked past Harry at the witch in the kitchen. "Hermione?"

"Yep," Harry answered.

"How long did that...you know...go on for?"

Harry looked thoughtful for a moment. "I'd say, pretty much all the way trough school right up until we started sleeping together."

"That long?" Neville asked surprised. "Wow."

"I'm telling you Nev, it was painful," Harry admitted. "I mean I spent almost all day everyday with her, and it was becoming impossible to be within a metre of her without getting a raging hard on. I had to do something, it was embarrassing."

"And you're not saying this just to make me feel better, you really did it that much?" Neville checked.

"Nev, I swear," Harry said adamantly. "When I finally got to make love to Hermione for the first time, I felt as though I cheated on my wrist."

Neville laughed at his friend's comment, and then stopped abruptly as Hermione approached them carrying drinks. "And just what are you guys laughing about?"

"Oh you know...man talk," Harry replied vaguely, then affectionately caressed her thigh as she put the drinks on the table."

"Sex then?" Hermione asked with a grin.

"Come ere you," Harry said, then pulled her into his lap and kissed her cheek excessively.

Hermione threw an arm around his neck and looked at Neville. "Well?"

"Erm...harry was just giving me some tips on how to become more relaxed."

Hermione giggled. "Yeah right. And just what did he suggest, masturbation?" She laughed some more as Harry and Neville looked at her in disbelief. She soon stopped when she noticed their looks. "What?"

"How could you possibly know that that's what I...suggested?" Harry asked with narrowed eyes. Neville too looked at her expectantly.

"I didn't," she squeaked nervously. "I don't."

Harry regarded her with wide eyes. There was no way she could have done something similar to him back in school. Could she? It was something that he wasn't going to ask in front of Neville, it would only cause embarrassment, but he would remember to ask her the next time they were alone.

Neville cleared his throat. "What else?"

"How do you mean?" Hermione asked, happy that the subject had been changed.

"What shall I talk to her about?"

"I don't know, ask her what she wants out of life," Hermione suggested. "Women love it when they think a man takes a genuine interest in anything besides her breasts."

Harry just nodded in agreement. "What's her name anyway?"

"Kimberly Beaumont."

"Kimberly Beaumont," Harry echoed. "That sounds like a porn star name."

"Harry!" Hermione scolded.

"She's got porno boobs," Neville laughed.

"Neville!" Hermione chastised in shock. "That sounds like something Dean would say."

"See," Harry chirped. "You're getting more confident by the second."

Neville felt complimented whilst Hermione just stared at her fiancé disapprovingly.

****

Neville had reluctantly but thankfully taken Harry's counsel before he left his flat. He was currently sat in a booth at The Three Broomsticks opposite the beautiful Kimberly Beaumont, shuddering at what might have happened had he not taken Harry's advice. She was striking, and Neville couldn't help but wonder why an earth she would be interested in him. Dean was sat beside him with eyes for no one except the witch sitting in front of him, Natasha Foreman. They had been chatting animatedly ever since they'd sat down and not once gave Neville or Kimberly a second glance. Neville started to fidget; neither he nor Kimberly had spoken in over five minutes.

"So you're a herboligist?" Kimberly asked as she flicked a lock of blonde hair out of her face. "That sounds interesting."

"Really?" Neville asked in surprise.

"Sure," Kimberly replied. "Plants right?"

"Yes," Neville said, feeling happy to talk about something he knew almost everything about. "But it's more than just plants, its magical nature in general. But plants are my main area."

"You must be really smart," Kimberly said leaning forward. She crossed her arms and leant them on the table.

"Well, I'm not sure about that," Neville blushed.

"Modest too," Kimberly added in a flirty voice.

Neville held his breath when he saw Kimberly look at him like she wanted to eat him. "I.." he squeaked, then cleared his throat before he tried to speak again. "I'm writing a book at the moment; maybe you could read it for me sometime and give me an honest opinion on what you think. That is, if you want too?"

"I'd love too," she replied smiling. "What's it called?"

"Magical water plants of the Caribbean," he replied. "It's a follow up to-"

"Magical water plants of the Mediterranean," she finished for him.

"How would you-"

"Neville, just because I'm blonde it doesn't mean that I don't read," she said playfully.

"Oh, no I would never imply...that you...aren't..."

Kimberly giggled at her date's stuttering, he really was adorable. "Maybe we should get some more wine to wash down your foot."

Neville just laughed. Even though he was still nervous and terrified of making a fool of himself, something about this girl made him relax and feel at ease.

****

She could feel him sneaking glances at her through the corner of her eye from the other end of the settee. He was pretending to be engrossed in the TV, as she idly flipped through a magazine. She flipped over a few more pages and decided she couldn't take it anymore. "What?!"

Harry jumped at Hermione's shrill voice. "Sorry?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"What I'm not allowed to look at you?" Harry asked.

"Not like that, no."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to know something but you're afraid to ask me."

Harry opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He shook his head and looked back at the TV. "Forget it, its not important."

"No tell me."

Harry turned on the settee to give her his full attention. "You know earlier when I gave some advice to Neville?"

"Yes."

"How did you know what I was telling him?"

"It was a guess, Harry."

"Strange guess," Harry smirked. "Unless of course, it was because you would have done the same thing in that situation."

Hermione threw the magazine aside. "Just what are you trying to imply, Mr Potter?"

"Nothing I'm just curious."

"Believe it or not Harry, but most women are able to overcome nerves without having to sexually relieve themselves."

Harry smiled cockily. "I'm not talking about most women darling, I'm talking about you."

Hermione fiddled with a loose bit of cotton on her blouse. "Ok fine. I admit that when we were in school, on the odd occasion I would feel the need to...ease some of my tension shall we say."

"Uh-huh," Harry responded knowingly.

"Can we please not talk about this anymore?" Hermione pleaded.

Harry could see that she was getting embarrassed, although he had no idea why she should in front of him. "Fine, I'm sorry."

"Thank you," she said appreciatively. "So when do you want to tell everyone our news?"

"Whenever you like, darling," he replied, scooting closer to her.

"Well, since everyone knows that we're together anyway, I'm sure that there will be no harm in telling them that we're getting married," Hermione said thoughtfully. "But seeing as its so early maybe we should wait a while to tell people about the other thing."

Harry gently placed a hand to her stomach. "You mean our little one?"

"I've heard that its bad luck," she said softly.

"If that's what you want," Harry smiled. "Though I really believe that we've had all the bad luck we're gonna get."

"Yeah?" she asked sceptically.

Harry nodded. "I do."

Hermione covered his hand that was resting on her belly. "Maybe it wouldn't hurt to tell some people, I mean my parents already know after all."

"I was hoping you would say that," Harry said cheerfully. "I'm just far too excited to be able to keep it from our friends for much longer."

"I know," Hermione said knowing exactly how he felt, it was excruciating not being able to tell the girls and it had only been a couple of days.

Harry suddenly remembered that someone else knew of the pregnancy and he still hadn't told Hermione about it. "I hope that you're not mad at me, but Remus knows."

"He does?"

"I told him this morning at work," Harry admitted. "I'm sorry I didn't discuss it with you first."

Hermione tenderly stroked his face. "Don't be," she told him soothingly. "I know how close you are to him and that you see him as a father like figure, darling. I'm happy he was one of the first to know."

Harry leaned up and kissed her softly. "Thank you."

Hermione gazed at him with nothing but love in her eyes. There was something that she had wanted to talk to him about all day and she decided that now was the perfect time. "Harry?"

"Mmm."

"There's something that I wanted to run past you...its not the be all and end all if you don't agree...you know don't feel pressured if it's not something that you-"

"Hermione, what is it that you want to tell me?" Harry asked her with a smile. Hermione flustered was a very cute thing to see in his opinion.

Hermione took a deep breath. "I'd really like to be married before our baby's born."

"Ok," he replied instantly, a huge smile plastered on his face.

Hermione looked at him in surprise, she didn't know her reasons for thinking it but she didn't believe that he would agree so easily. "Ok?"

"Sure."

"You don't need time to think about it or -"

"What's there to think about?" he asked, the smile still present on his face.

The excitement his answer caused was still flowing through Hermione at full speed; she was overjoyed she was going to get her wish. "It's not too fast for you?"

Harry took her left hand in his and raised it so that it was in between their faces. The ring on her finger was sparkling brightly enough to blind. "The second I put this on your finger it should have made my intentions quite clear. It should have told you that I'm ready to marry you."

"I know that but--"

"But nothing," Harry said lightly. "You should know that I'd marry you tomorrow if you wanted me to."

"Really?" she asked, her eyes glistening with happiness at how sweet he was being.

"Really," he replied. He kissed her hand then covered it with his own. "I guess we should start planning your dream wedding as soon as possible then."

"You're sure that this is what you want?" Hermione asked sounding really excited.

"It is." He laughed when Hermione nearly knocked him on his back from the sheer force of the hug she had just enveloped him in. "So we got just under nine months tops right?"

Hermione pulled back to look at him. "Wrong. I don't want to be showing that much either so we have three months tops."

Harry was about to speak again but Hermione had already jumped off of the settee and almost broke into a sprint as she went to their bedroom. "What are you doing?" he shouted to her from the living room.

"Calling my mother of course," came back the reply.

He looked over to the direction of their bedroom with immeasurable happiness going through him, Hermione's joy and excitement the cause of it. It then started to sink in; he and Hermione were going to be married within three months. Harry smiled even wider.

****

It was nearing the end of the night and Neville and Kimberly were increasingly becoming uncomfortable, although, not with each other. The source of their discomfort was that halfway between one of their conversations, Dean and Natasha had asked them if they could switch places in the booth. Neville saw no harm and moved so that Natasha could go and sit next to Dean. That was over fifteen minutes ago, and the couple still hadn't come up for air.

"You'll have to excuse my friend," Neville said feeling embarrassed.

Kimberly smiled at him. "Don't be, my friend is just as bad. I have a feeling I will be going home tonight without my roommate."

"I can come home with you if you like?" Neville blurted out. He didn't realise how it sounded until Kimberly raised an eyebrow. "Not like that! I mean...I'd be happy to see that you get home safely."

"I'm happy to say that I've got apparition down to a tee," Kimberly commented.

"Of course," Neville said. "What shall we do about them?" he asked, referring to Dean and Natasha who were still snogging away without a care in the world.

"I don't think they'll notice if we slip out."

They left the booth without their friends noticing and left the pub. Once they were outside, both of them faced each other not really knowing what to say next.

"I really enjoyed getting to know you better, Neville," Kimberly said breaking the silence.

"Me too," Neville said, sad that the night was coming to a close. "Our first meeting wasn't exactly the best."

Neville blushed causing the girl in front of him to giggle softly; she remembered it only too well. "I have to admit that I've never had my breasts make a man pass out before."

Neville blushed even more. "I'm so sorry," he said, not knowing what else to say.

"It was cute," she said getting closer to him.

Neville mustered up all the courage he could to get out what he wanted to say at that moment. "I'd really like to see you again."

"You would?" she smiled.

"Yes," Neville replied.

"Well you'll have to if you want me to critique your book," she told him playfully.

"Right," Neville said feeling stupid. He was having the familiar feeling that he had just made another friend.

Kimberly noticed how nervous he looked and immediately felt bad for teasing. She had never been out with a guy who lacked so much confidence, or arrogance to use a better term. She had to admit that she was finding Neville irresistible at that moment. "Neville, if you want me to go on another date with you, all you have to do is ask."

"Really?" Neville asked, not quite believing his luck. Kimberly didn't say anything, instead she leaned in and brushed her lips softly against his. It didn't last very long but when Kimberly leaned back she was glad to see it had the desired effect. It took a while for his eyes to flutter back open but when they did, Neville couldn't help the goofy smile that started to grace his face. "Wow."

"Ask me," she said softly.

"Would you like to go out with me again?"

"I would love to," Kimberly grinned. "And I think it will be a lot better too if we're alone next time."

Neville nodded his head in agreement; Dean and Natasha would definitely not present on their second date.

****

The next day, Harry went into work feeling happy and fully refreshed. He had sorted everything out with Hermione, was getting married in 3 moths, and had a lead in the case that caused he and Hermione so much anguish in the past weeks. Life was sweet.

Harry went straight to Draco's office when he arrived at the ministry. He knocked firmly on the door and waited to be invited in.

"Come in," Draco shouted from the other side of the door.

Harry opened the door but didn't enter the office. "Ready to catch a sneak?"

"Got the warrant?" Draco asked, amused at his friends happy demeanour. Harry just raised the scroll that was in his hand in reply. "Ok then, let's go."

Harry and Draco had no problem finding the place where Geoffrey Caldwell resided, they had been to Knockturn Alley so many times because of work that finding there way around was now second nature to them. They entered the Dark Place building and found the flat number they were looking for, 6A.

"Ready," Draco asked his partner.

"Oh yes," Harry replied.

Draco knocked on the door and it wasn't long before they could hear movement from the other side. Seconds later they came face to face with the chubby balding man they were looking for. Both aurors noticed him flinch the second he saw Harry looking at him menacingly. His face had just given him away and proved his guilt then and there; this was going to be easy.

"Geoffrey Caldwell?" Draco asked, wanting the man to confirm his identity.

"Yes," the man snivelled.

"We're here on official Ministry business and we have reasons to believe that you can help us with our enquiries," Draco said firmly.

"What enquiries?" Geoffrey asked feigning innocence.

"You know damn well why we're here," Harry said in a deadly tone. "Now let us in or I'll break your neck in this doorway!"

Geoffrey opened his door and let Harry and Draco in. He led them into the living room and stood as far away from them as he could get. "What's this all about?"

"Hermione Granger and I had a photograph taken of us sometime ago in a moment that we would've liked to have kept private," Harry told him darkly. "Not long after, I received that picture with a note. Do you know what it said?"

"No," Geoffrey said honestly.

Harry walked closer to him under the watchful eye of Draco. "It basically said that if I didn't leave Hermione, that the photo would be made public."

"Well that's a shame, but I don't see what this has to do with me."

Draco got closer also. "We know it was you who took it so you can drop the act."

Geoffrey gulped hard. "You can prove that can you?" he asked, with the last bit of audacity he had left.

Draco held out an enlarged picture of Geoffrey holding the camera in the mirror's reflection. "Yes we can."

Geoffrey looked at the picture and knew the game was up. "So I took a picture, so what? I didn't send you any note."

Harry's patience was starting to wear thin. "I didn't say that you did. Someone asked you to get something on Hermione and I that could potentially damage us, and I want their name right now."

"I don't know anything."

Harry was getting angrier by the second and eventually blew his lid. He went right up to Geoffrey and pressed the tip of his wand forcefully into his neck. "Let me put it terms you can understand then! You either tell me who this person is or I'll fuck you up so bad they'll need your dental records to indentify you after I'm through with you!"

"He will you know," Draco said, backing up the threat to scare Geoffrey even more. "I've seen him do it." The man's eyes widened. "It's not a pretty sight."

"I don't know his...his name," the man stuttered. "He wouldn't tell me."

"Then what do you know?!" Harry demanded, his eyes blazing. "I know how seedy little men like you operate; you wouldn't take a job of this magnitude without having an insurance policy, even if the person you're working for does scare the living shit out of you!"

"I followed him a few times, after he came to me that is," Geoffrey conceded. "He lives in Bayswater, muggle London. That's all I do know I swear."

"Bayswater?" Harry repeated in slight shock, he only knew of one person who lived there, and that individual wasn't stupid enough to try something like this, was he?

"That," Geoffrey continued. "And that he has a twisted fascination with you and Granger."

Harry knew right there and then for sure who the culprit was, and that the person who sprung into his mind was indeed stupid enough to try something like this. He removed his wand from Geoffrey's neck. "Fucking bastard!" he spat.

"What?" Draco asked noticing Harry's shift of mood.

"Atkins!" Harry said with an edge to his voice.

"Steven?" Draco queried in disbelief. "That pompous arse mummy's boy?"

"I'll kill him," Harry stated dangerously.

Geoffrey remained scared. "I swear I had no idea how what he needed it for."

Draco's eyes narrowed. "You didn't give a shit what he needed it for did you? As long as the price was right! The fact that he came to you, the extortionist, should have ticked you off!"

"What are you gonna do to me?" Geoffrey snivelled.

"What do you think, Harry?" Draco asked his partner.

"Let him be."

"What?" Draco gasped.

"Er, what?" Geoffrey echoed.

"Harry, we can bring this little shit up on charges the length of our arms combined," Draco voiced, outraged at Harry's suggestion. "We should take him to ministry right now, and place him into custody! "

"Draco, don't you get it?" Harry grinned at Geoffrey. "He's an informer now."

Draco started to grin too. "Oh, yeah that's right. That a punishment in itself." Geoffrey started looking furiously between them.

"I would hate to think what could happen to him, if his big, bad friends on the street ever found out that he helped aurors with enquiries," Harry said smugly, taking much pleasure in seeing Geoffrey cower.

"He'd be safer in jail," Draco said.

Harry got right in Geoffrey's face. "Consider this a final warning," he told him gravely. "You stay out of trouble, you stay the fuck away from Hermione and I and anybody who knows us!"

Geoffrey swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded. "Yes, auror Potter."

"Live in fear," Draco snarled.

With that Harry and Draco disapparated.

****

Ginny Malfoy was in bed twiddling her thumbs. She woke up that morning with terrible sickness which she knew was purely down to being pregnant. She called work and told Luna that there was no way she could make it in, and that she just needed a rest day. The problem was that as the day went on she began feeling much better. So better in fact that she called Draco and told him that if he wasn't really all that busy at work, that maybe he could skive off and join her for the rest of the day in bed. Draco told her that that wasn't a bad idea and that it shouldn't be a problem, he just needed to take care of something that shouldn't take all that long and that he'd call her in about an hour. That was two hours ago.

The phone rang and Ginny quickly answered it. "Well it's about fucking time!" Ginny snapped. "Now get home right now and do me!"

"Is that your standard greeting to everyone nowadays?"

"Oh sorry, Hermione," Ginny apologised not embarrassed in the slightest. "I thought you were Draco, he was supposed to call me over an hour ago."

"I tried calling you at work but you weren't there. Is everything ok?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine," Ginny told her. "I just felt a bit sick this morning but it's gone off now. So what's your story?"

"I'm just calling to see if you guys are free on Saturday night," Hermione replied.

"Of course we are Hermione, Draco and I are married now and expecting, which pretty much means we've moulded into boring farts with nothing to do at weekends," Ginny joked.

"Great," Hermione said happily. "Leave it open and come to mine and Harry's. We're having a little get together."

"Ooh exciting," Ginny said. "Is everyone else up for it?"

"Luna and Ron have said they'll be there as have Seamus and Lavender, just waiting for Dean and Neville to get back to us."

"What's the occasion?" Ginny asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

"Ooh, and secrecy Miss Granger," Ginny said playfully. "I can hardly wait."

"Good, well I best get off the phone in case Draco's trying to get through to you," Hermione said. "Call me in the week?"

"As always," Ginny told her. "Luv ya babe, bye."

"Bye."

****

The reviews I get for this story continue to overwhelm and inspire me, so thank you so much you guys for taking the time to do so, I really hope you carry on leaving me your thoughts. x