Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Time of Their Life by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Time of Their Life

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Hello everyone, just another note thanking you all for your fantastic reviews! Your comments REALLY mean a lot to both of us! We did some review replies last night as well (can't have Sims 2 making us completely lazy can we).

Also, Heaven passed word on to our story artist Alexa about everyone's comments and she's really excited that most of you liked her drawings! We say for a 15 year old she's a pretty fantastic artist! A few of you said you like Gwendy's art better, and we love it too, but she's a busy girl and we can't be bugging her for fanart all the time- right now she's doing contest prizes for her website!

In any case, please enjoy this chapter as it's a fun, and pretty fluffy one!

Luna and Cho stood just outside the Ministry chapel. The heavy wooden doors were shut, but both girls could hear the faint sounds of music coming from inside. Luna handed Cho her bouquet of white Casablanca lilies.

"Nervous?" Luna asked smoothing down her own light blue dress robes.

"Horribly," Cho replied. "Are my robes okay?"

"You look beautiful," Luna said, winking at her.

"Thanks," Cho said in relief. "You know... I really wish my parents could be here to see me. I always thought they'd be disappointed to see that I've become pregnant and not really doing anything with my life, but now that I've got Neville... things have looked up so much."

Luna smiled and helped Cho pull her veil down over her face. "Your parents would have been very proud of you. They would have admired how much you've gone through and how you came through it stronger than ever," she said softly. "Look at me, the wedding hasn't even started and I'm already tearing up. Good thing Lavender insisted on waterproof mascara, huh?"

"Tell me about it," Cho nearly whimpered. "As if I'm not enough of a mess already..."

From behind them, Harry cleared his throat and both girls turned around startled.

"Harry?" Cho asked a confused expression on her face. "What on earth are you doing out here? You should be up front with Neville! The ceremony's about to begin!"

"You look amazing," Harry said softly, reaching for her hand. "Luna can you give us a minute?"

"Sure," Luna said, nodding.

Harry watched her go. "Lavender really did a bang-up job on those robes." He turned her around. "I can't even tell you're pregnant in them."

Cho smiled. "Thank you, but you should really get inside, Harry. You're the best man, after all."

"Well..." Harry gave her a somewhat nervous smile. "I thought perhaps... and if you don't want to its fine... but I thought since your parents aren't around to see this and your dad can't give you away... that I would as your best friend."

Cho didn't know what to say. She felt fresh tears come to her eyes as she looked at the young man who had been such a big part of her life for such a long time. "I'd love that," she whispered.

"Great," Harry wiped away her tears with his thumb. "Come on gorgeous... let's get you to your soon to be husband." He hugged her tightly.

Cho grinned. "I'm actually getting married, aren't I?" she asked.

"It's time," Luna said, coming back into the corridor. "Ready?"

"Ready," Cho said, taking Harry's proffered arm. They stepped back as Luna gave Cho a quick hug before taking her place in front of them.

The double doors opened up and Luna slowly walked down the aisle. As she did so, she caught Ron's eye who smiled broadly at her. Her heart leapt at the sight of him and she couldn't help beaming back at him.

Harry felt Cho start to breathe more rapidly as the music swelled again. "Relax love," he murmured. "It's just friends in there remember? And Neville's waiting for you."

"Right," Cho said, exhaling. She hadn't expected to be this nervous, but now that the moment had arrived, she felt absolutely petrified. Those nervous feelings seemed to melt away when she caught sight of Neville at the end of the aisle. "I'm ready," she said smiling at Harry.

Neville nearly passed out from holding his breath as he watched his bride walk towards him on Harry's arm. He had actually managed to get Dumbledore to officiate the ceremony and the old wizard was standing next to him.

Dumbledore gave him a gentle poke as if to remind him to breathe as Cho and Harry finally finished the walk down the aisle.

Harry squeezed Cho's hand as Neville stepped closer. "She's all yours now," Harry said grinning at his friend.

"Thanks," Neville whispered back as Harry moved off to the side. He took Cho's trembling hand in his and they stood before Dumbledore.

Harry caught Hermione's eye as Dumbledore began the wedding with a small speech. He'd always had a rather special relationship with the Hogwarts headmaster and couldn't wait to introduce his girlfriend to his mentor after the ceremony was over.

The periwinkle robes she wore that had been a present from Lavender looked amazing on her. Hermione was also wearing the diamond necklace and earrings that he had given her, which complimented her upswept hair.

As the ceremony moved onto the vows, Harry let his eyes wander again to the back of the room. There was a figure sitting in the corner in the very back row, wearing robes of dark blue. His glance must have been noticed by Ron, as the redhead was also looking behind them.

Ron followed Harry's gaze and turned around to see Neville's grandmother. Ron wondered how she'd even found out about it, as he'd been under the impression that she hadn't spoken to Neville since that disastrous dinner party. Her expression was unreadable and Ron wondered what she thought of all of this. Did it mean she was finally beginning to accept her grandson was a grown man? Was she finally ready to accept Cho into her family?

"I do," Neville said his voice strong and clear as he slid the matching band over Cho's finger. She smiled at him from under the veil as she started to repeat her vows.

Cho's eyes were fixed on Neville's as she slowly said her vows. Her voice broke only once when she placed the wedding band on Neville's finger and said, "I do."

"Then by the power in me invested by the Ministry for Magic and the Wizengamot, I now pronounce you husband and wife," Dumbledore smiled as Neville lifted Cho's veil and gazed adoringly at her. "You may kiss your bride," he added, his eyes twinkling.

Their friends stood and applauded heartily as Neville leaned in and softly kissed his wife.

Harry looked to the back of the room to see Mrs. Longbottom give her grandson one last look before quietly walking out. He cast a confused look at Ron who shrugged his shoulders but rose along with the rest of them.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Dumbledore said, putting an arm around Neville and Cho. "May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Neville Longbottom."

Harry clapped even harder as he grinned at them. "Congratulations, you..." he hugged Cho. "It wasn't as bad as you thought was it?"

"Not at all," Cho agreed happily. "This was the best day of my life."

"As it should be," Harry was pushed aside by Hermione and Luna.

"That was the most romantic wedding I've ever seen," Hermione gushed, hugging her friend. "And you had to be the most beautiful bride."

"Thank you Hermione," Cho hugged her back. "You look gorgeous too!"

Neville joined Harry, Ron and Seamus as they watched the girls huddled together, talking animatedly to each other. "We've been married less than two minutes and I've already lost my wife to her friends," Neville said laughing.

Harry clapped him on the shoulder. "Get used to it mate," he said.

"So, which one of you will be next?" Neville asked, raising an eyebrow at his friends.

Harry raised his hands. "Don't look at me," he joked. "Hermione and I are perfectly happy with the way things are going."

"Same with me and Lavender," Seamus replied.

"When do we eat?" Ron asked uncomfortably, when his friends' eyes fell on him. They all laughed as the group of women moved over, Neville immediately wrapping his arms around his new wife.

Harry did the same to his girlfriend, who still looked as if she had stars in her eyes. "Like all this love?" he asked.

"Oh yes," Hermione smiled at him. "Cho was a gorgeous bride, and Lavender did a wonderful job on those robes."

"She did great on yours too," Harry eyed her shapely figure appreciatively. "Come here," he pulled on her hand. "There's someone I want you to meet." He led her over to Dumbledore.

Hermione felt a bit nervous as saw in whose direction they were heading. She attributed her nervousness to meeting someone so important to Harry, but she also knew part of it was because of who Albus Dumbledore was. Over the years, she'd read quite a bit about him, but never dreamed she'd get the chance to meet him.

"Professor," Harry said. "It's really good to see you sir."

"As it is to see you, Harry," Dumbledore replied warmly, shaking Harry's hand.

Hermione made a small squeaking sound and Harry grinned at her. "Professor... I'd like you to meet someone very important to me," he pushed Hermione forward a little. "This is my girlfriend, Hermione Granger."

She uttered another squeaking sound as the kindly old wizard shook her hand. "Pleased to meet you," Hermione finally said.

"The pleasure is all mine," Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling. "Madam Maxime tells me that you are the brightest witch of your generation."

Hermione's eyebrows went up. "You've heard about me?" she asked.

"Of course," Dumbledore replied. "And not just from Harry, I have it on good authority from some of your professors at university that you're one to keep an eye on."

Harry grinned. "Hermione's going to be a future candidate for Minister for Magic," he said proudly.

Hermione was still awestruck by the realization that Albus Dumbledore knew who she was. She felt herself blushing as I rattled off her accomplishments to Dumbledore.

"Goodness, you make me sound like some sort of goddess," she had turned a deep red colour.

"Well you are pretty damn close to perfect," Harry said. Dumbledore's eyes twinkled at her.

"And of course your young man isn't biased at all, is he?" Dumbledore said, laughing. He was glad that after all the tragedy that Harry had to endure in his life, he'd obviously found what he'd been looking for in this young woman. "You'll have to bring Hermione by the school some time soon, Harry."

"I'd love to," Harry said. "That is of course if you'd like to make a day trip up to Hogwarts..." he looked at her.

"Would I?" Hermione asked. "I'd love to go."

Dumbledore laughed heartily. "Perhaps we could enlighten her about some of that troublemaking you and Mr. Weasley used to get into?"

Harry laughed as well. "We did have quite a knack for that sort of thing," he looked at Hermione. "You wouldn't believe some of the tales we could tell you."

"Been holding out on me, have you?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Funny how they left all that out in the history books."

"It's all been glorified," Harry said with a straight face. Dumbledore smiled at him.

"They do seem to leave all the more interesting details out," Dumbledore agreed. The three of them exchanged a few more pleasantries and then the happy couple came into the room fresh from having photographs taken. Dumbledore excused himself when Cho called out to him to get in one of the pictures.

"I can't believe I actually met Albus Dumbledore," Hermione said, shaking her head. "Albus Dumbledore."

Harry laughed. "You weren't so star struck when you met me," he pushed his lower lip out.

"I couldn't even remember my name when I met you," Hermione said, blushing.

Harry snickered. "That's right..." he remembered.

Hermione watched as a positively radiant Cho kissed Neville on the cheek for the photographer. "I've never seen her look so happy," Hermione remarked.

"Tell me about it," Harry agreed his arm firmly in place around her. "They really bring out the best in one another. I can't believe they were friends so long and never realised they were in love."

"That's how most great relationships start," Hermione pointed out. She wouldn't have changed a minute of her time at Beauxbatons. She'd received a great education at a prestigious school, but she wondered how it would have been if she'd gone to Hogwarts. Would she have been sorted into Gryffindor? Would she and Harry have been friends? Would they have one day thought of each other as more than friends? But, she thought as Harry smiled at her, none of that mattered. They were together now.

*** *** ***

Nearly an hour later, Neville helped Cho into the Ministry car that Ron's dad helped procure for the happy couple. The rest of their guests had apparated long ago to the restaurant, but with her condition, she had to travel the Muggle way.

As Neville slid in to the backseat beside her, Cho smiled at him. "We do have a reception to get to, Mr. Longbottom," she said, giggling.

"I think we could warrant a little private time, Mrs. Longbottom," Neville grinned at his wife.

"That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" she asked happily.

"That it does," Neville stole a kiss. "And may I tell you again how absolutely stunning you look today?"

"You may," she said, resting her head on his shoulder. "If I can tell you how handsome you look today. I was so nervous before the ceremony began. But, it all faded away when I saw you at the end of the aisle waiting for me. I just felt like everything would be okay because you were there."

Neville hugged her as the car slid away from the Ministry. "Guess what Harry and Ron told me?" he asked quietly.

"What?" Cho asked. "With the two of them, I'm not sure I want to know."

"No... It's not like that," Neville replied. "They said my Gran was sitting in the back of the room while we took our vows."

Cho lifted her head from his shoulder. "Your grandmother? She was there?"

"Apparently so," Neville replied. "I didn't see her so she must have ducked out before the ceremony was over. But Harry said he saw her as Dumbledore started and so did Ron."

Cho didn't know what to make of this and she could see that Neville didn't either. "How did she know about the ceremony?"

"I have no clue," Neville replied. "I haven't talked to her since the day I went back for my things."

Cho looked thoughtful for a few moments. "Your grandmother means a lot to you doesn't she?" she asked finally.

"She does," Neville replied. "She's raised me ever since I was very young... but she also thinks she can control every aspect of my life. Now that you're my wife and we're going to have a baby soon... I have to take control myself."

"And you have," Cho said, taking his hand. "And I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you," Neville leaned in to kiss her again. "I love you."

"Mmm," Cho said, stroking his cheek. "I love you too."

"So can I ask you something and have you answer me, honestly?" Neville teased after they'd kissed for several minutes.

Cho looked bemusedly at him. "Okay...?"

"Are you angry at the fact that you and I aren't going to be intimate until after the baby is born?" Neville asked softly.

"I was actually thinking of asking you the same thing," she said. "But since you asked me first, I'll answer you. I'm not angry. Disappointed, maybe, but not angry. And I'm a firm believer that good things come to those who wait. It'll be all that much more special when it actually happens."

"Good," Neville replied. "I know technically we can still make love... but I'd rather it be when you're not pregnant."

"I totally agree," Cho said, nodding. "We'll just have to postpone the honeymoon for awhile."

"Maybe once our little one is able to survive on a bottle, we can go on an overnight somewhere," Neville said.

"We could get one of the godfathers to volunteer to baby sit," Cho suggested.

"Harry and Hermione have offered to sit a few times," Neville said thoughtfully. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind later next year once the baby is a little more independent..."

"He's been talking big about being able to handle it," Cho interjected. "I say we let him go with it as soon as he shoots off at the mouth about it again. See how easy he thinks it's going to be. I'd almost want to stay behind just to watch it."

Neville laughed as he put his hand on her stomach. "It's amazing how Lavender was able to hide your pregnancy with these. I can't get over it!"

"I know," Cho agreed. "Still think we're having a little girl, do you?"

"Maybe," Neville smiled at her. "We have less than a month until we find out."

"I can't believe it," Cho said happily. "We're going to be a family."

"We already are a family," Neville corrected her.

"We are, aren't we?" Cho asked, grinning. She looked over Neville's shoulder and saw the car pulling up to the restaurant. "We're here."

Neville waited until the Ministry official opened the door for him. He thanked the man as he got out and held up his hand for his new wife. She took it rather gracefully and he kissed her one more time. "Who knows what they have planned for us in there," Neville murmured.

"With that lot there's no telling," Cho agreed as they walked toward the front door. As they walked closer toward the restaurant, Cho could hear the faint sound of music coming from inside. "Sounds as if they didn't wait for us," Cho said with a laugh.

"Rotting buggers," Neville was smiling so she knew he didn't mean it. "This has already been the best day of my life you know," he said, about to push the doors open.

"Mine, too," Cho agreed happily.

"Are you ready?" he asked, her hand tightly grasped inside his.

"I think so," Cho said as they stepped inside the restaurant. Cho gasped at how the Italian restaurant had been transformed. Harry had told her that he'd managed to rent the place for the whole evening. Most of the tables were cleared away to create a large dance floor. There were a lot more people here than at the ceremony. Cho recognised a few of their classmates from Hogwarts as well as Madam Malkin, some of Neville's fellow Auror trainees, and a few employees from Hillsdale.

"You guys..." Neville started but they were suddenly showered with a mixture of rice and confetti.

"Congratulations!" the crowd roared.

"Where did everyone come from?" Cho asked Harry, who stepped up to give her a hug. "You said it was just going to small just like the ceremony!"

"I guess the word spread," he kissed the side of her forehead as Neville shook the rice from his hair.

"I guess!" Neville still wore his smile. "Ah well- the more the merrier right?"

Cho noticed Gordon standing back from the crowd talking to a pretty brunette girl who seemed to be focused on every word he was saying. "Who's that with Gordon?" she whispered into Harry's ear.

"Apparently she's his date, Skylar. He says he met her at Flourish and Blotts," Harry replied.

"His date?" Cho asked smiling as someone clapped her on the back as they passed by. "Well, that's good news, isn't it?"

"I hope so," Harry replied.

"What's this, Potter?" Neville asked, coming to stand beside them. "Trying to monopolize my wife already?"

"Neville," Cho teased. "We've only been married about two hours and you've called me 'your wife' how many times now?"

"Your wife loves talking to me," Harry grinned. "Your wife is also my best friend and-"

"...she needs to sit down because her feet are killing her," Cho interjected.

"Right," Neville dashed quickly for a chair and Cho sat gratefully. "Sorry love."

"Would you look at that?" Cho asked, scanning the room and catching sight of Ron and Luna, who seemed to be having a good time together.

"Yeah," Harry grinned as Hermione joined them. "He asked her to come as friends and she said yes- now they haven't left each other's side since we got here."

"I imagine that they'll be back together before the night is over," Cho said, looking as Luna laughed heartily at something Ron had said. "Weddings do that to people, you know?"

"Tell me about it," Harry slid his arm over Hermione's shoulders.

Neville and Cho exchanged amused looks. "So, our wedding making you think, too, huh Harry?" Neville asked, winking at Hermione.

Harry narrowed his eyes slightly. "Hey, you aren't getting anywhere with that one. Hermione and I have already talked about this." He hugged her tighter as she laughed.

"Don't worry, Hermione," Cho said conspiratorially. "I'll make sure to aim right for you when I throw the bouquet."

"Thanks Cho," Hermione stroked the back of her boyfriend's nape. "But I think Luna or possibly even Lavender might trample me to get their hands on it."

"Why do you girls do that?" Neville asked. "I remember a wedding I went to when I was a kid ...these girls practically killed each other to get the bouquet! The girl who caught it was hit with three bat-bogey hexes. It was quite scary actually."

Hermione bit her lower lip, trying hard not to laugh. "It's all silly," she said. "You know the old tale about the girl who catches the bouquet will be the next to get married..."

"There's actually a wager going on between everyone about that very thing," Luna said, coming up to join them with Ron in tow. "Dean Thomas was talking about it just now."

"Oh yeah?" Harry asked. "What are the odds here?"

"You and Hermione are the odds-on favourites," Luna said smiling at them.

"You hear that?" Harry nudged her.

"If that's your way of proposing, I'd say it needs some work," Hermione said laughing.

"You'd know if I was proposing," Harry said.

"Would I?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ron interrupted them. "Much as we'd all love yet another glimpse at the wild romance the two of you have going, I'd much rather get pissed and have a good time at Cho and Neville's expense." He lifted his glass of champagne.

"Here, here," Luna seconded. "To the happy couple!"

"I'd love to toast you love, but I haven't even had a chance to get a drink yet," Neville said.

"Problem solved," Harry said, stopping a waiter and grabbing a flute of champagne for Neville and handing it to him. "And for the bride...?" Harry asked looking at Cho who looked enviously at the champagne.

"Just pumpkin juice," she sighed. "Only another month until I can have champagne again..."

"Ron will probably drink enough for the both of you," Luna said, hitting Ron playfully on the arm.

Ron grinned at her. "You say that like it's a bad thing," he said, sliding his hand over her waist.

"That all depends," she said flirtatiously.

Harry raised his eyebrow at Neville. "Think we should find them a closet?"

"You shouldn't talk," Neville replied. "I'm surprised you and Hermione came up for air long enough to get here."

"We can't snog when we're Apparating otherwise we'd still be back at the Ministry," Harry said. "Smartass,"

"I'm sure you made up for it when you got here, though, didn't you?" Neville asked.

"Maybe," Hermione answered. "But that's only while you and Cho were snogging in your car during your ride here," she smiled sweetly.

"We're newlyweds," Cho pointed out. "We're supposed to do stuff like that."

"You've got a good point there," Luna smiled. "Are you hungry Cho? Can I get you anything other than juice right now?"

"I'd consider naming the baby after you if you'd get me something to eat," Cho said gratefully. "Something incredibly delicious and fattening."

Luna laughed. "Coming right up," she turned to leave and Ron followed behind her like a lost puppy.

"He is so whipped," Harry shook his head.

"I think it's sweet," Hermione said.

"You would," Harry replied.

"I seem to remember a certain someone telling me at Hogwarts that he didn't see himself settling down until he was old and grey. Now, look at him...living with a girl. Seems to me as if you might just be whipped, too, right Harry?" Cho asked with her eyes twinkling at her best friend.

Hermione laughed as she moved over onto his lap. "Seems like I've tamed the wild beast have I?" she kissed him lightly.

"Completely," Harry said gladly, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer.

*** *** ***

Later in the evening after everyone had eaten, most people were standing around talking or dancing. Gordon wasn't having much fun. It was torture to watch Hermione sit beside Potter throughout dinner and now he was forced to watch them dance. Skylar was nice enough, but she wasn't Hermione. He knew she wanted to dance, but he didn't want to. At least not with her, anyway. He wanted to dance with the beautiful girl who was currently dancing with Harry Potter and looked to be having the time of her life.

Hermione laughed as Harry dipped her down, bringing her back up easily. "We don't get to do this nearly enough," she wrapped her arms back around his neck.

"No we don't," Harry said winking at her. "We'll have to do something about that, won't we?"

"Long as it doesn't cut into our other... private time," Hermione whispered in his ear.

Harry laughed. "I can assure you nothing will ever cut into that."

"Good," Hermione smiled as he held her closer. They were so wrapped up in one another that they didn't see Gordon approaching them.

He cleared his throat and grimaced as Potter nuzzled Hermione's neck. Impatiently, he tapped on Harry's shoulder.

Harry, annoyed that someone was interrupting them, turned around. "Yes?" he asked, masking his impatience with the other man.

Gordon gave both of them a charming smile. "I was wondering if I might cut in?"

Harry nearly gaped at him. "Doesn't your date want to dance with you?" he asked bluntly.

"Harry," Hermione said chidingly, touching his arm.

"Sorry," Harry muttered. "If you want to," he looked at his girlfriend.

"I assure you, I've gotten much better since we last danced," Gordon said, pushing past Harry and offering his hand to Hermione.

"All right," she smiled. "Just one or two, love." Hermione leaned over and kissed Harry's cheek.

"I really want to thank you for inviting Skylar and me," Gordon said, as he put his hands on Hermione's waist. He wanted so badly to turn around and see the look on Potter's face, but he knew that wouldn't be a good idea.

"Oh it's no trouble," Hermione replied, keeping the proper distance away from him as she led them around the room. "Neither Cho nor Neville minded and it's good to spend time with you out of class."

"I agree," Gordon said. "So...I know I'm no Harry Potter on the dance floor, but how do I rate?"

"You're not bad," she laughed. "Mind you, before Harry gave me lessons I was definitely nothing to speak of out here either."

Gordon felt anger rising in him. Why did she have to bring up Potter when he was holding her in his arms like this? "He was a great teacher then," Gordon said, forcing himself to say something nice. "Because you're fabulous at this."

"He was most definitely a great teacher," Hermione smiled softly at Harry, who was currently talking to Lavender over Gordon's shoulder.

Lavender was actually doing most of the talking. In fact, since Harry had come over to join her and Seamus, he hadn't said much at all. Seamus had excused himself to get her a refill on her drink.

"Harry?" she asked, following his gaze and spotting her cousin and Gordon. She waved her hand in front of Harry in an effort to get his attention. "Harry..."

"What?" Harry shook his head. "Sorry..."

"I still can't believe he actually came here," Lavender said shaking her head. "The only person he really knows is Hermione..."

"She was the one who invited him. Felt sorry for him since he went home and his parents went out of town on business for the holiday," Harry answered.

"I'm sure he played it up for her benefit, too," Lavender commented dryly.

"So you don't like him either?" Harry asked. "I don't trust him as far as I could throw him."

"Neither do I," Lavender agreed. "You should have seen at Beauxbatons. He was always doing something or the other so he could be around Hermione. I always thought he was a bit annoying really."

"Hmm," Harry said thoughtfully. "Yet she thinks he only wants her friendship."

Lavender laughed knowingly. "She's a bit blind where he's concerned."

"I wonder why she doesn't see it and the rest of us do." Harry glared as Gordon pulled Hermione closer.

Lavender looked thoughtfully in her cousin's direction. "I don't know. It's so obvious...I mean, look at him. If he was any more smitten with her..."

"His date doesn't look too happy with him either," Harry pointed out.

Lavender looked a few tables down and saw the brunette sitting by herself staring at Gordon and Hermione. "I guess I'd be angry, too, if my date didn't dance with me all night and asked someone else to dance," Lavender mused.

"Tell me the truth," Harry looked directly at her. "Have I really got anything to worry about from this bloke or is he harmless?"

"You mean as in competition?" Lavender asked confused. "Harry, Hermione loves you..."

"I know she does," Harry said quickly. "But I don't know a thing about this guy at all and I'm hoping you do."

Lavender bit her bottom lip. "I'm sure he's probably harmless, but...you know something that I've always wondered about him?"

"What?" Harry asked.

"No one really knew why he left school," Lavender answered. "There were all sorts of rumours, of course, but the professors seemed to explain everything away by saying his father got a job somewhere else and they wanted their son to go to school near them, but something about it always seemed a bit strange to me. But, it's probably nothing. You know how we all were in school...gossip, gossip, gossip."

"Yeah," Harry kept her words in the back of his head as the song finally came to an end and Hermione pulled herself away from Gordon. "Thanks Lav," he smiled at the blonde.

"No problem," Lavender said as Hermione walked toward them.

"There, that wasn't so bad was it?" Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry's waist.

"No," Harry lied, forcing a smile.

She hugged him close. "I'd rather have been out there with you, you know that right?"

"Yeah," Harry said relaxing. "But it's nice to hear you say it."

Hermione smiled as she raised herself up to kiss him. "Come on... I'm thirsty." She tugged on his hands.

"Yeah," Harry said, following her. "Let me get you pissed so I can have my way with you."

Hermione laughed. "You don't need me drunk to do that you know," her eyes sparkled merrily at him.

"One of the many reasons I love you," Harry replied, stealing a kiss.

*** *** **

"Do you want to dance?" Ron asked Luna, who was staring dreamily at their friends currently circling the floor.

"I'd love to dance," Luna said eagerly. She accepted Ron's hand, setting her glass of champagne on the table as he led her onto the dance floor. "At least this time it's not the ballroom at Hillsdale with everyone watching," she giggled.

"Aye, that's for sure." Ron replied, his hand sliding over her waist. "Although I do miss it sometimes… maybe not the ballroom part, but I liked teaching."

Luna smiled at him. "That's the part I miss too," she said. A slower song started to play and instead of pulling away like Ron thought she would do, she rested her head on his chest.

He had to bite his lower lip rather hard to keep from grinning. Ron looked up and saw Harry giving him a thumbs up, Hermione in much the same position as Luna. He allowed himself to rest his cheek on her head, wrapping his arms tighter around her.

Luna let out a contented sigh. She was right back where she wanted to be, where she had wanted to be since she and Ron had broken up. His body was so warm and sturdy; Luna wanted to snuggle into him and not leave him ever again.

'I love him so much,' she thought. 'I need him back in my life like before… I need him with me.' Luna raised her head. "I'd like a bit of fresh air." She said softly. "Want to go outside with me?"

"Sure," Ron said instantly. He reached down for her hand and she gave it a squeeze.

As they left the restaurant, Ron's heart started pounding, not in an unpleasant way, more of an excited thump. Things between them had been going better and better since the engagement party and they had been openly flirting with each other during the reception.

"Oooh…" Luna wrapped her arms around herself. "It's gotten so cold!"

"Where's your cloak?" Ron asked.

"I didn't bring one," Luna admitted. "I didn't think I'd need it."

Ron was going to give her his but had a better idea. "You can come under mine," he offered, his grin a bit wicked.

Luna stared at him a moment, her face a bit pensive and for one awful second Ron thought she was going to go back inside. Then she smiled and came forward, wrapping the edge of his cloak around her. "That's already better," she murmured.

"That it is," Ron hugged her tighter. "You know Luna… you really look gorgeous today. Don't ever tell Cho this but I think you look even more beautiful than her."

Luna laughed. "I don't think anyone looks better than Cho does today. She's positively glowing!"

Ron laughed as well. "I think I'm a bit biased is all," he tucked a lock of her loose hair behind her ear. Her strands had started the day pulled up off her face but had fallen as she danced during the evening.

They stared at each other for a few minutes. "What are we doing Ron?" Luna asked her eyes dazed.

"I don't know," Ron replied. "I'm here with you that's all I know."

Luna smiled at him. "I've missed you," she said softly.

"I've been right here," Ron continued to stroke her hair.

"I mean us," Luna replied. "Us being a couple," she saw light spring into his blue eyes.

"You have?" he asked. "I have too…" he smiled sheepishly. "You know that though…"

"Yes," she replied.

Ron rested his forehead on hers. "Luna…" he began but she put her finger to his lips.

"You don't have to say it," she whispered.

They were unconsciously drawing even closer to one another until their lips were barely a centimetre apart. "I need to kiss you," Ron said softly.

"I need you to kiss me," Luna replied, her eyes shining.

He didn't waste another moment; Ron sealed his lips over hers, letting his cloak fall from around them as he pulled her as close as he possibly could.

Luna threw her arms around his neck, opening her mouth under his. Their kiss was passionate and a tear rolled down her cheek as she pulled away to take in a breath. "Why are you crying?" Ron asked.

"I don't know," she laughed as another few tears fell from her eyes. "I'm just so happy is all."

"I am too," Ron grinned. "So…" he wove their fingers together. "Does this mean… you and me are back together?"

"I should certainly hope so," Luna leaned against him. "I love you Ron."

"I love you, Luna." Ron kissed her again. "Shall we go back inside?"

"In a few minutes," Luna said. "I want you all to myself for just a little bit."

Ron brought his cloak back around both of them. "That, you'll always have," he promised. This time he definitely wasn't going to jeopardise things.

*** *** ***

"Okay everyone!" Cho called, her voice magnified so it could be heard over the din. "Where are all my single ladies in the room?" she laughed as several of them came forward. "It's time for one of you to catch this thing!" she waved her toss bouquet (she had kept her real one) tantalizingly.

"Move out girls, this one's mine," Lavender declared competitively.

Hermione laughed as Harry whispered some tips to her as he pushed her out on the floor. "Once a seeker, always a seeker, huh?" she asked over her shoulder.

"Make me proud!" he called out to her.

Luna moved up on Lavender's right side as Cho turned her back. "One... two... three!" she tossed the flowers high up behind her and turned around to see Hermione emerging victorious from the bottom of a pile of tangled limbs. "All right!" Cho laughed and clapped for her brown haired friend.

"I thought you said you didn't want to catch it?" Lavender asked, as she stood up and brushed herself off.

"Didn't you hear Harry?" Hermione asked flippantly. "I had to make him proud." She squealed as the object of her affection hugged her from behind.

"That's my girl," Harry said, grinning widely.

"I still think it's unfair," Lavender pouted. "She was coached!"

"Awww," Hermione grinned. "Being a poor sport Lav?"

"Oh shut it, Hermione," Lavender said scowling, but she couldn't help laughing herself at the spectacle they all must have just created. She hugged Seamus. "I nearly had it!"

"Aye it was pretty close," Seamus kissed the side of her head.

"I would have had it if Luna wouldn't have knocked me down," Lavender said loudly as Luna walked by.

Luna only smiled dreamily at her. "Sorry," she said, already firmly affixed in Ron's arms.

"Never would have figured you for the knock down, drag out type," Lavender said to Luna.

"I have the bruises to prove that she is," Ron said, laughing.

Luna swatted playfully at him. "I never heard you complaining about it before," she said.

"I wasn't complaining," Ron said smiling at her. "Just making an observation."

Luna grinned as she unashamedly kissed him. Hermione clapped her hands in delight. "Are you two finally back together?" she asked.

"What would make you think that?" Luna asked coyly.

"Gee I'm not sure," Harry replied.

"We are most definitely back together," Ron said proudly.

Hermione, Lavender and Cho all made a squealing noise, making Harry, Seamus, Neville and Ron cringe.

"Check with the waiters and make sure no glasses were broken," Ron said, earning himself reproving looks from the girls.

"Are you really sure you want him back?" Lavender asked teasingly.

"More than anything," Luna rested her head on his shoulder; both she and Ron were grinning like fools.

Cho tapped Neville on the shoulder. "Ready to throw the garter?"

"I'm ready to get the garter," Neville laughed. "I've been looking forward to this all night!"

"I don't think I'll be able to lift my leg...much," Cho said as he led her to the centre of the floor.

"That's what the chair is for. And I go under your robes so don't worry about lifting anything," Neville gave her a gentle kiss.

"The rest of you blokes can just sit this one out," Harry bragged. "I've got this one."

"Don't speak too soon Potter," Ron pushed him aside.

"Who was the youngest seeker in a century?" Harry asked him.

"That means nothing to me," Ron replied loftily. Luna pulled him aside and whispered in his ear a moment.

"Any time that you're ready," Neville called out to Ron impatiently.

"I'm ready to kick some arse!" Ron replied.

Harry bumped Ron's shoulder as he saw Gordon also step onto the dance floor.

"I don't think they're worried anymore about what this means," Cho whispered to Neville. "I have a feeling that none of that lot wants to be the next to get married."

"I agree," Neville said. "Are YOU ready?" he teased.

"With your help," Cho said grinning back at him.

Neville grinned back as he disappeared under her robes. Hoots and catcalls accompanied his task of pulling Cho's lacy garter off her smooth leg with his teeth. He struggled to get it down but after a few minutes held it triumphantly in his hand. "All right you guys!" he called.

"The only thing you're going to catch is air," Ron said to Harry.

Neville turned around and launched the garter back at the crowd behind him.

In a re-enactment of what happened with the bouquet, the men all lunged for the garter and collapsed into a pile. But it wasn't Harry who emerged with the garter, but Ron who placed it on his finger and twirled it around.

"How do you like that...Mr. Youngest Seeker in a Century?" he asked Harry.

"Sod off," Harry grumbled. "If you hadn't bloody pushed me over..."

"I still would have gotten it," Ron interrupted. "You've lost your touch, Harry. It happens to the best of us...well, you. I apparently still have it."

Hermione hugged him. "It's all right love; at least I got the bouquet. That means we're half there." She teased him.

"Rotten luck," Gordon said, as he passed them by. He couldn't resist getting one last dig in at Harry's expense. "I guess this means that at any rate Hermione will be the next to get married." He laughed at the end of his comment for Hermione's benefit, but he knew Harry didn't find this amusing at all.

"Perhaps we will," Hermione replied. "Harry just has to buy me a ring first." She laughed teasingly as she hugged her boyfriend.

"Yeah," Gordon said, nodding. He shrugged. "Well, it's not all for naught, is it, Harry? I mean you may not have caught the garter, but you still got the girl."

"That's right," Harry forced a smile onto his face. "The greatest girl." This time his grin was genuine as he looked at Hermione who was positively starry eyed by this point.

"Well, I should probably get Skylar home," Gordon said. "Thanks again for inviting me, Hermione. I had a really nice time."

"Oh you have to leave so soon?" Hermione asked. "We haven't even cut the cake yet!"

Gordon noticed Harry grimace at his girlfriend's attempt to get him to stay. Part of him wanted to stay behind just to stick it to Potter, but he knew he couldn't push things... not yet. It wouldn't be too much longer before Potter wouldn't even be an issue.

"Yeah, Skylar has an early start tomorrow at the shop," Gordon said, feigning disappointment.

"All right," Hermione replied. "Good of you to come Gordon. And it was nice meeting you Skylar." She smiled at the other girl.

"Thank you for inviting us," Skylar said coolly. She led the way out of the restaurant and Gordon reluctantly followed.

"That was strange, wasn't it?" Hermione asked watching them walk out.

"What?" Harry asked

"Just that he made it sound like they'd been out a few times, but it seemed as if this was their first date," Hermione said thoughtfully. "And from the way she just acted, I think it might have been their last."

"Perhaps," Harry shrugged. "Maybe she felt left out because she didn't know anyone."

"Could be," Hermione said, holding the bouquet in her hand. "I can't believe I actually caught this!"

Harry smiled at her. "What's so unbelievable about it?" he asked.

"Well you did give me those pointers," she said nudging him. "That was probably what did it."

"Aye, we shouldn't have said anything out loud- that's what Luna did to Ron." Harry replied.

"We'll know better next time," Hermione said reassuringly.

"Hey Hermione!" Ron called. "We need you over here for a picture!"

"Okay!" she called back.

"Go on," Harry pushed her towards the centre of the room.

Luna walked over to join Harry as their significant others posed for photos with Neville and Cho. "That's cute," she giggled as Ron held up the garter and dipped Hermione back for their shot as the people who caught the bouquet and garter.

"By the way, just out of curiosity...what did you say to Ron before Neville threw the garter?" Harry asked Luna.

Luna smiled. "Looking for pointers?"

"No," Harry said laughing. "Just being curious."

"I just told him to play dirty," Luna smiled.

"Are you sure you shouldn't have been sorted into Slytherin?" Harry asked amazed.

Luna laughed. "I'm not vindictive!" she pretended to be offended at Harry's statement.

"Just kidding," Harry said laughing. They watched as the photographer took some more photos. "He really does love you," Harry said to Luna, whose eyes were fixed on Ron.

"I know," Luna said. "I honestly don't know what I was thinking now when I broke things off."

"None of that matters now," Harry said.

"Nope," Luna shook her head as Ron and Hermione laughed and hugged each other. "It really doesn't.'

"Ron might not always know the right way to say or do things, but you can always say that his heart is in the right place," Harry said. "He never meant to hurt you, Luna. You know that, right?"

Luna nodded. "I'm sure we still have a few things to work out. After all it's only been... forty five minutes since we've gotten back together." She patted Harry's arm. "This time I have a feeling things will go better."

Harry nodded. "And here they are...the love of my life and the man I thought was my friend who knocked me down as if his life depended on it," he deadpanned as Hermione and Ron made their way toward them.

"Oh stop being a spoilsport." Ron said smugly.

Hermione set the bouquet down in front of her place at the table. "Come on love, I'd like another spin on the floor with you before we have cake."

"Yeah, go do the bunny hop, rabbits," Ron called out to them.

Harry gave him a challenging glare. "I have no shame Weasley so don't tempt me."

"Down, boys," Luna said, giggling.

*** *** **

It was nearly midnight when Cho and Neville said goodbye to their final guests. The wait staff was still cleaning up and Neville had left Cho alone at one of the tables as he went into the kitchen for what he said was a surprise.

He emerged from the kitchen with something behind his back as he approached his wife. He laughed as she yawned. "I saw that," he called out to her. "You're not tired are you, Mrs. Longbottom?"

"Insanely," Cho answered but she still smiled.

He shook his head. "Well, perhaps you didn't want what I have behind my back then? If you're too tired..."

"I'm never too tired for a surprise," Cho laughed.

Neville grinned and pulled a plate from behind his back and set it in front of Cho. On the plate was the largest piece of chocolate cheesecake she'd ever seen. "As far as surprises go, I know it's not much," Neville said, sitting down beside her, "but it's the best I could do."

"I LOVE you!" Cho was instantly wide awake. "How did you know this is what I've been craving all night?"

Neville beamed at her. "It was between this and garlic bread...I guess I chose the right one?"

"Yes you did," Cho said, her mouth full. "Here, have a bite." She held out a large forkful.

Neville leaned forward and opened his mouth, but Cho pulled the fork away before he had a chance to take a bite. "Hey!" he exclaimed.

"Sorry," she grinned. "Here you can have this one."

Neville took the proffered bite and smiled. "Mmm," he said.

"This was such a perfect day," Cho said. "I can't imagine how it could have gotten any better than it was."

"I know," Neville said. "I had no idea that they'd get everyone to come like that! I haven't seen some of those people since Hogwarts!"

"It was fantastic," Cho smiled and leaned forwards. "I told a few of them I was pregnant... and they said you would be a great father." She touched his cheek. "I agree with them."

"Really?" Neville asked touched.

"Yes," she leaned in for a quick kiss.

"This is so surreal," Neville said, looking down at the wedding band on his finger. "Last year at this time, you and me- we were friends. We had no idea that we'd even be dating let alone married, did we?"

Cho finished the cheesecake. "No..." she said thoughtfully. "But it's all a change for the better. I know I've said this before but I don't know what I'd have done without you."

"I feel the same way about you," Neville said, taking her hand in his.

"I should hope so," Cho laughed. "But I know what you mean. We're actually married!"

"Yes we are," Neville said happily. "And how does the little one feel about that?"

"I think the little one is happy too," Cho moved the front flap of her robes aside so Neville could put his hand on her stomach.

"Next year at this time, we'll be getting her ready for her first Christmas," Neville said, looking at Cho.

She laughed. "You're dead set on us having a daughter aren't you?"

"I'll be happy either way," he said grinning. "I'm just saying that I have a very strong feeling that we're going to have a little girl."

"Okay Trelawney," Cho teased. "What have you done with my husband? Can you tell him I'd like to go home soon?"

"Okay," Neville said, pushing back from his chair and getting to his feet. "Your husband would love to take you home."

Cho smiled as he helped her up. He helped her into her cloak and then went in the back to take care of any last minute cleanup duties.

He emerged from the kitchen a few moments later, carrying a box that he asked Cho to hold while he put on his own cloak.

"What's in here?" she asked.

"I persuaded one of the waiters to give us a cheesecake to go," Neville asked, winking at her.

Cho squealed. "You are absolutely perfect did you know that?"

"I have my moments," Neville said, taking her hand.

"You have many moments," Cho leaned against him as they walked outside. It was a cold but clear night and the fresh air made her feel giddy.

Neville began to laugh. "Do you know what I just thought?"

"What?" she asked.

"It's our honeymoon and out of all of our friends, we're probably the only ones who won't be engaging in any activities, so to speak. The rabbits are a given and I'm sure Ron and Luna are...well, you know," Neville asked, helping her into the Ministry car.

Cho started giggling. "You forgot Seamus and Lavender... I know they haven't done... that yet."

"Oh, yeah," Neville said, sliding into the seat beside her. "Okay, well I guess we're not alone then."