Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Time of Their Life by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Time of Their Life

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Thanks again to all of you who commented! Your reviews have been answered ;) That takes almost as much time as actually writing a chapter! Hahahaha jk ;)

Anyways, in this we get Hermione's birthday, and for some reason a lot of you want to see into Gordon's head ;) Prayers have been answered, although you won't like him in later chapters. He's turned a bit more psychotic than we planned him to be.

Hope you all likes, and please leave a review when you're done!

Hermione sighed as she looked in the mirror. She was wearing one of her new outfits but her heart truly wasn't into going out tonight. Not with Harry hundreds of miles away in Italy.

She pulled one of her new black slim cut robes on over her black skirt and fitted blue shirt and sighed. Hermione knew she looked nice but the morose look on her face kept her from looking as pretty as she normally did.

"Hermione are you ready yet?" her cousin was knocking on her door.

"Come on in," Hermione called. Lavender stepped inside and squealed.

"Oh that outfit is PERFECT I knew you'd look fantastic in it when I picked it out!" she walked around Hermione and scrutinized her. "I can't believe how put together you look now, especially with your hair straight."

"Thanks Lav," Hermione said dryly. "Is everyone here?"

Lavender nodded. "Cho and Luna are downstairs." She caught a glimpse of her cousin in the mirror and put an arm around her. "Hey, it's your birthday...it wouldn't kill you to at least look happy, would it?"

"I just really miss Harry. This is the first time since we moved in together that he's gone out of town." Hermione sighed. "I really wish he was here."

"He'll be back soon, Hermione," Lavender said reassuringly. "Besides, Cho told me about how you cut him off, so to speak....sort of makes it easier on you, doesn't it?"

"Not really," Hermione replied. "And I didn't cut him off! I've just been busy with Gordon this past week trying to keep my marks up. We haven't had TIME for sex."

"Surely you'll make time for it when he gets home?" Lavender said, nudging her.

Hermione couldn't help the smile that twitched at her lips. "I daresay I will," she finally couldn't help laughing. "Stop it Lav, you're worse than Harry is!"

"I hope not," Lavender said with a giggle. "I never thought I'd be saying this to you, but come on already...we're all ready to go!"

Hermione and Lavender ran down the stairs. Hermione received hugs from her friends and they started talking about what they were going to do with their evening.

"Dinner?" Cho asked. "I'm starving!" she wore black dress pants and robes with a nice blush coloured top that accentuated her stomach rather than made it look bulging.

"Hermione gets to choose the place since it's her day," Luna chimed in.

"Hmm..." Hermione looked deep in thought. "What about that Italian place you like so much?" she teased Cho.

"That works for me. Anything would work for me." Cho laughed. The four girls left the house, cloaks pulled tightly around them to ward off the cold night air. They got to the restaurant quickly and Hermione, Lavender and Luna had some wine while Cho stuck to pumpkin juice.

"Merlin, I'd give just about anything for some wine right now," Cho eyed Luna's glass covetously.

"You don't have to much longer now, right?" Luna said conversationally. "Four more months' right?"

"Yes," Cho sighed. "I honestly can't wait not to be pregnant anymore."

"Just think you're going to be someone's Mum soon," Luna said dreamily.

"Have you been thinking of names?" Lavender chimed in. "I'd be ready to venture Draco Junior has been ruled out?"

"Ugh," Cho suppressed a shudder. "That's never even been an option." Everyone laughed. "Well... I was looking in the bookshop for a list of names and I was thinking either Chiaki if it's a girl and Hideki or Keiichi if it's a boy."

"Those are lovely names," Hermione smiled.

"Much better than Draco Junior," Lavender said with a laugh. "Cho, you should really come into the shop and see some of the baby clothes we have...they're so adorable!"

"Maybe I will," she smiled. "Now that is one part I am DEFINITELY looking forward to- dressing my baby up!"

The girls looked at their menus and Hermione leaned over to ask Lavender what she was going to get when Lavender suddenly squealed rather loudly in Hermione's ear. "Oh! Oh! Oh!" she exclaimed, dropping her own menu. "I just had a brilliant idea!"

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"Well, I told you all about how Madam Malkin is going to let me help with the designs right? Well, she's going to need someone to take over my job as salesgirl," she related, pointedly looking at Cho.

Cho had her eyebrows raised. "You think I should go for the job?" she asked, surprised. "With my stomach three feet in front of me?"

"You don't really have to do much!" Lavender said quickly. "You basically just take orders and do a bunch of folding. You could do that in your sleep, Cho. Most of the time, I sat at the counter reading a magazine and doing my nails."

"Sit? You get to sit?" Cho asked. "I'm definitely interested; it's too hard being on my feet all the time these days. When can I come in to apply?"

"Monday morning?" Lavender suggested. "We open up at eight. I'll put in a good word for you."

"Thank you Lav," Cho smiled at the other girl. "That's really nice of you!"

Lavender waved her hand dismissively. "Come on, it's the least I can do for a fellow survivor of Draco Malfoy, right?"

"Speaking of Draco," Luna said. "Ron saw Ginny this week."

Everyone dropped their menus and looked expectantly at Luna. "What happened?" Hermione finally said. "Why didn't he tell any of us?"

"He's been really busy with Inventory at the shop," Luna explained. "She's moving to Australia with Malfoy. In fact, she's probably already gone. Ron thought she was going to pop in to see their mother, but she never did."

"Australia?" Cho exclaimed. "Why down there?"

"It's the only place with a university that would accept him," Luna explained. "Ginny wants to get a job at one of the resorts. And I think hell must have frozen over because she told Ron she was genuinely sorry about what happened."

"Did he believe her?" Hermione asked with only a touch of bitterness in her tone.

"Yes," Luna answered. "I was a little sceptical when I heard it, but Ron thinks she was being honest...for once. There was a time back when we were at school where she was my only friend. It seems like such a long time ago."

"That it does," Cho agreed. "She used to be very sweet," she explained to Lavender and Hermione. "Look what one taste of freedom and Malfoy did to her."

Lavender grinned at her cousin. "Look at what one taste of freedom and a little bit of Potter did to my cousin here. It's turned her into a less than stellar student."

Hermione frowned. "That was uncalled for! I'm still almost at the top of my class. And a little more work and I'll be back at the top."

"Ease up, Hermione," Lavender said laughing. "Only joking."

"Is it true what Cho said...you really cut Harry off?" Luna asked in disbelief. "I could never do that to Ron."

"He's not cut off," Hermione said. "We just haven't engaged in much over the past week because I've been busy working with Gordon and we're too tired."

"Harry's never too tired for sex," Cho snickered.

"Care to elaborate on that?" Luna asked.

"Not especially," Cho replied, not wanting to rehash some rather current events. "I just know he's always looking at Hermione like a lion looks at its prey." At her words everyone at the table burst out laughing.

"Too much information," Lavender said, covering her ears. "This is my cousin we're talking about."

"All right all right," Hermione replied as the waiter came over.

"Wow," Luna couldn't help muttering as she looked up at the waiter.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"He's gorgeous, don't you think?" she whispered in her ear as the waiter took Cho's order.

"Luna!" Hermione gasped. "Ron!"

"I may be taken, but I'm not blind," Luna said with twinkling eyes.

Hermione shook her head. She honestly couldn't imagine even looking at someone else that way as long as she was with Harry.

The waiter finished taking their orders and Luna looked up to see Hermione still looking at her. "What? I'm not going to cheat on Ron, Hermione! I just said the waiter was gorgeous...that's all."

"I know," Hermione apologised. "But... for me... it's like I can't even think of anyone else other than Harry."

"Not even this Gordon?" Lavender asked innocently. "You've been talking about him so much lately."

"Gordon is a friend, nothing more. He's helping me with schoolwork." Hermione said evenly.

Lavender snapped her fingers. "Wait a minute! This Gordon you're talking about...is he the same one who went to school with us?"

"That's him," Hermione replied. "Moved away in third year?"

Lavender scrunched up her nose. "He's the one who's tutoring you?"

"Yes," Hermione felt slightly testy. "Why?"

"Because he fancied you when we were at school," Lavender answered. "Don't look at me like that, you had to have known!"

"No he did not," Hermione replied, ignoring the looks on Cho and Luna's faces. "We were study partners then and we're study partners now Lavender!"

"Oh, he did too," Lavender said, shaking her head. "Cho, Luna...you should have seen this guy, he used to follow Hermione around like a lost puppy."

Hermione was not amused. "So maybe he fancied me a little. But I had no feelings for him whatsoever." she shook her head. "I'm in love with Harry... remember? Guy I happen to live with?"

"I wasn't saying you were going to do anything," Lavender said quickly.

"Can we just drop the subject?" Hermione didn't feel like talking about Gordon.

Lavender shrugged. "What did you want to talk about then?"

"Let's just have fun tonight," Hermione took a rather large swig of her wine. "Like looking at Luna's waiter."

Luna grinned conspiratorially at Hermione. "That sounds like a fine idea!"

*** *** ***

Cho laughed as Hermione swayed a bit. "I think I almost have the door unlocked," the brown haired girl was giggling.

"Are you sure you don't want me to do it?" Cho grabbed the key from her friend and put it in the lock.

Lavender put an arm around Luna to keep her upright. "We shouldn't have let them drink so much."

"Hey!" Luna exclaimed. "We're not as drunk as thinkle peep we are!"

Cho rolled her eyes. "All right, as the only truly sober one of the group, I say we give Hermione her presents and then I will become the official party pooper as I am dead tired."

"Presents?" Hermione swayed again. "You guys didn't have to give me presentssssss...." she began to laugh again.

"Wait! Were we supposed to get her presents?" Luna asked and then collapsed on the couch beside Hermione in a fit of giggles.

"Yes Luna," Cho replied, sitting in the chair. "Did you forget?"

"I was jus joking," Luna said turning to Hermione and saying rather loudly in her ear, "I really, really hope you like it, Mione! It's okay if you don't though."

"I think I've gone deaf!" Hermione clapped her hands over her ears. "First Lavender and now you Luna!"

"Should we give them a sobering potion?" Lavender asked Cho. "I don't know how much more of this I can take."

"That would take too long to make," Cho replied. She dug into her bag and pulled out an envelope. "Hermione are you sober enough to handle gifts from all of us or should we put these aside for later?"

"I'm okay," Hermione pulled her hands down. "I'm good, I promise!"

"Ohhh! Open mine first," Lavender said, handing Hermione a beautifully wrapped package.

"Okay," Hermione smiled at her cousin and carefully peeled the wrapping away from the box. She opened it and gasped as a flash of sparkling material caught the light from the room. "Lavender these are GORGEOUS!" she pulled the periwinkle dress robes from the box. "Where did you get them?"

Lavender beamed at her cousin. "You are holding in your hands a Lavender Brown Original."

Hermione gasped as she hugged her. "Lavender thank you SO MUCH!" she held them up against her. "I can't wait to wear these out!"

"You really like them?" she asked. "You're not just saying this because I'm your cousin and you feel like you have to..."

"No I do!" Hermione replied. "These are absolutely stunning!"

Cho admired the sparkling robes. "Maybe I'll have you make me a set for my current condition," she joked. "Never know where you'll need a nice set of dress robes."

"I'd be happy to!" Lavender replied. "Here, Hermione. Give them to me and I'll put them in your bedroom so you don't mess them up."

"What you don't trust me?" Hermione teased.

"Not you," Lavender said, looking at Luna, who was looking a little green.

"All right," Hermione surrendered the new robes and Lavender ran upstairs to put them in the closet.

"Mine next," Cho said. "I'm afraid after Lavender's its quite simple..."

"Nonsense," Hermione replied. "You didn't have to get me anything Cho." she opened the envelope. "A pass worth ten Galleons at my University bookstore?"

"I know it's not much..." Cho began embarrassedly but Hermione hugged her.

"This is fantastic Cho! I can never have enough books!"

Lavender came back downstairs at that moment and giggled. "You have enough books to have your own library," she teased.

"And the library never has enough books," Hermione shot back good naturedly. "Thank you so much Cho! I can't wait to buy something new!"

"Glad you like it," Cho hugged her friend again. "It would have been more but..."

"No buts," Hermione interrupted. "Thank you," she said with a happy smile.

"I'm next," Luna said with a little less enthusiasm than she'd had earlier. She reached over Lavender and handed Hermione a small box.

Hermione opened it up and was stunned to see some cork and string looped inside. She lifted it out and it unwound. "A necklace?" she asked. "Are those butterbeer corks?" Cho stifled a snicker and Lavender bit her lower lip to keep from laughing.

"They're corks from Harry's butterbeer bottles," Luna explained. "It's meant to bring you luck, Hermione."

"Oh..." Hermione smiled and put it over her neck. "Thank you Luna. I'll wear it on my next exam day." she hugged the blonde.

"I'm glad you like it," Luna said happily.

"I do," Hermione laughed. "It's the most interesting gift I've ever been given."

"What about your gift from Mr. Wonderful?" Lavender asked. "Did he give it to you before he left?"

"No," Hermione pouted briefly. "He said he wanted to wait and give it to me when he gets back."

"I wonder what it is," Lavender said, looking to Cho. "Come on, Cho. You're one of Harry's closest friends and you're a girl. He had to tell you what it was."

"He refused to!" Cho exclaimed. "Honestly, you'd think because I let a few things slip before that he can't trust his own best friend."

"Oooh! Like what?" Lavender asked intrigued.

"Not telling," Cho replied. "Honestly, what sort of friend would I be if I told his secrets again? I'm sure Hermione knows all his dirty little habits by now anyways."

"Hermione doesn't think Harry has any bad habits," Lavender said with a laugh. "She worships the ground he walks on."

Hermione snorted. "Harry has plenty of bad habits. He constantly leaves the toilet seat up and he gets toothpaste EVERYWHERE. He always puts the dishes back in the wrong place and he never makes the bed if I'm the first one out in the morning."

"Ronald does that too," Luna chimed in. "He always leaves the toilet seat up. It's no fun to go into the loo at four o'clock in the morning and fall in the toilet."

Everyone laughed. "Well..." Cho struggled to get up. "I really need to get some sleep. Tonight was really fun, I'm glad we were able to go out."

"Come on, Luna," Lavender said, helping her friend up. "I'll see you get home okay."

"That might be a good idea," Hermione hugged her cousin and Luna. "Thanks for helping me celebrate tonight you guys."

"No problem," Lavender said. "Come on, Lovegood. You make a sloppy drunk."

Hermione and Cho laughed as Lavender and Luna stumbled out the front door; Hermione locked it behind them. "I've got an early start tomorrow too... Gordon's coming over so we can finish up our project. We finished the charms one but now we've decided to get started on another that's due in a month."

Cho remembered her promise to Harry before he left. "You won't mind if I hang around here, do you? I promise to stay out of your way."

"Of course not," Hermione replied. "With Neville gone as well I didn't expect to see you out and about while we worked." she leaned in closer even though no one was there. "Besides... don't you ever admit this to Harry but Gordon makes me uncomfortable sometimes when it's just the two of us."

"He does?" Cho asked. "You don't reckon he still fancies you?"

"Well I hadn't really thought of that," Hermione replied. "But I've caught him staring at me, or he'll move his hand so it's touching mine and leave it there... but he's also the best study partner I've ever had."

"Sounds to me like he still fancies you," Cho said.

"Don't tell Harry that, please." Hermione begged. "He's already jealous of Gordon but he's got nothing to worry about."

"He's just concerned," Cho said defending her friend. "He loves you so much, Hermione. I don't like keeping things from him, but if you don't want me to say anything...I won't."

"It's not that I want to keep it from him... I'm really just trying to keep from adding fuel to the fire." Hermione replied. "And with last few weeks..." the words hung in the air between the two women. "That's all over and done with and I don't want to rehash it."

Cho nodded. She felt the same way and she was glad that Hermione wasn't going to let this be an issue between them. "So what do you think our men are doing right about now?"

"Probably enjoying the sights of Florence." Hermione replied, thinking of her beloved. "Either that or they're too miserable without us to do anything."

"Drink!" Harry shouted laughing as Neville pulled back on his glass of merlot. It wasn't a drink one would normally chug down but Harry had figured since Hermione was out celebrating that night he would too in an effort to feel closer to her.

"Your turn!" Neville slammed his goblet back down. Harry grinned and gulped down as much wine as he could stand without taking a breath.

They both laughed. "This isn't so bad," Neville said. "I'd have thought it would be a lot worse to be away from Cho."

"I suppose the wine is helping," Harry smirked. "That and the fact you managed to find a ring?"

"Aye," Neville nodded. "Think she'll like it?" he kept the box with him for safekeeping, and now he pulled it out for Harry to see.

"That she will," Harry admired the white gold band with solitaire diamond set inside. "It's a gorgeous ring." He sat back. "I still can't believe you're going to propose."

"What's so unbelievable about it?" Neville looked at it a long moment.

"Not that it's unbelievable… just that… if she says yes you're going to marry Cho. Our friend Cho. The Cho I've known… since what feels like forever." Harry replied. "It was hard enough when she found out she was pregnant." He looked seriously at his friend. "I really respect what you're doing. Most men would run the other way like Malfoy. Instead you're staking claim on a responsibility that by all rights isn't yours."

"I know that," Neville set the ring back in the box. "But I love her. I love her so much that I told off my Gran."

"I still can't believe she kicked you out." Harry replied.

"She let me back in once to get my things," Neville said thoughtfully. "She stayed in the kitchen and wouldn't even say goodbye when I called out to her." He sighed. "She's always wanted what was best for me."

"When all you want her to see is that Cho IS the best for you," Harry finished. "I just went through a whole holiday of that, remember?"

"I know," Neville nodded. "What do you reckon I should do?"

"Do what's best for you," Harry answered. "If that's being with Cho, then be with Cho. I think she loves you even more than she'll admit to herself and she's scared shitless you're going to decide that this isn't worth it and leave."

"I'd never do that," Neville replied.

"I know you wouldn't." Harry said. "But I saw her that night after your Gran kicked you out. She stayed up crying until three am."

"I didn't' know that," Neville looked down at his lap. "Why didn't any of you tell me?"

"She didn't want us to," Harry replied quietly. "That's part of the reason why I think what you're doing is good."

"Okay," Neville nodded. "When we get back I'm going to ask her."

Harry smiled at him. "I can't believe you're getting married." He raised his goblet.

Neville grinned back. "Here's to getting married. Maybe you'll be next."

Harry nodded and drank, his mind pondering over Neville's words. He knew he wanted to marry Hermione someday. He couldn't picture his life without her. Yet he also felt like there was no rush in things- he knew Hermione wouldn't leave him and he also knew that if she wanted to get married he would know her intentions by now.

Definitely no rush, he reasoned.

*** *** ***

"So when this charm is overlapped with this one a splinching could occur if the witch or wizard attempts to Apparate less than an hour later," Hermione said.

"That's exactly it," Gordon leaned back and smiled. "You're a whiz at this Hermione."

"I probably really didn't need to take up your time with this tutoring business," Hermione replied. "I really wish you would let me pay you."

"Nonsense," Gordon leaned forward and squeezed her hand. "You're my friend and I'm happy to help you out."

Hermione smiled nervously and pulled her hand away. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

"I'm okay," Gordon replied.

"All right," Hermione opened another book. "What about that new theory we've started in Charms class?"

"It's going to be a tough one to decipher." Gordon leaned over as Hermione began to read to herself. He silently inhaled the scent of her hair, having to refrain from reaching out to touch the soft strands. Merlin, he wanted her so badly. He honestly didn't understand what she saw in Potter. Sure, he was THE hero of the Wizarding World, but other than that, what did the guy have going for him?

"This seems like it would be suited more for Ancient Runes than Charms," Hermione finally said after several minutes of reading. "I mean they're asking us to decipher, which really isn't Charms work."

"I agree," Gordon said. "Unfortunately the professor doesn't."

"He's a good instructor…" Hermione sat back. "But I honestly think sometimes he believes we're not a Charms class. I've no problems with doing Runes work but not if he's going to load on the Charms assignments as well."

"You should give him a piece of your mind. Rather like you did with Madam Chateau back at Beauxbatons." Gordon laughed. "The time she made that mistake with one of the equations…"

Hermione covered her mouth with her hand. "She hated me for the rest of the time we were there after that!" she giggled. "Honestly- it was such a ridiculous mistake as well and I wasn't at all snotty when I pointed it out to her."

"I don't think it was tone, I think it was the fact that anyone could see the mistake except for her, and the fact you showed her up to the class." Gordon chortled and Hermione threw her head back and laughed loudly.

"It wasn't until seventh year she finally forgave me either." She revealed.

"Really? That long?" Gordon shook his head.

"That long," Hermione replied. "It wasn't until sixth year that I finally had to go to the headmistress and tell her because I had Madam Chateau again and she was actually threatening to fail me!"

"You're kidding me," Gordon leaned forward. "I'm sure you told her a thing or two."

"Well I'm supposing Madam Maxime had a word with her because she started acting nicer to me after that. Then after an exam one day I went and talked to her - that was the next year- and after that everything was fine."

"I'm sure it was." Gordon leaned even closer. "You have no idea how much I wish I hadn't had to move away. I missed you most out of everyone at Beauxbatons."

"I'm sure you had better friends than me Gordon," Hermione said.

"You and I were pretty close back then," he said intently.

"I suppose we were," Hermione replied, leaning away. Could Lavender and Cho be right about Gordon still fancying her?

"That's part of the reason I was so glad to see you in the bookstore." Gordon leaned back, sensing he was making her uncomfortable. "Just to grab tea or coffee with you between classes brings back a lot of memories."

Hermione smiled at him, ashamed of her thoughts. He was obviously just glad to be friends again and nothing more than that. "I was glad to see you too." She replied. "Honestly, I know I've said this before but you're the best study partner I've ever had."

"Same goes for me," he smiled at her again and suddenly they both heard the front door open.

"Hello?" Harry's voice came through the doorway. "Hermione?"

"Harry!" Hermione jumped up from her chair and raced into the hallway. "You're home!" she squealed, throwing herself into his arms. It was a drizzly, rather dreary day outside and Harry was damp as she hugged him tightly.

"Hey," Harry whirled her around despite how tired he was. "How was your birthday?"

"It was nice," Hermione buried her face in his neck. "But I thought about you the whole night." She pressed her lips to his quickly. "I missed you so much Harry."

Gordon positively wanted to gag as he rose from the chair and went to the doorway in time to see Harry and Hermione kiss again. Cho was also coming through the doorway to the living room.

"Harry!" she smiled and Harry pulled away from Hermione to give her a hug. "How was your trip?"

"Good," Harry grinned as he saw her; he had sworn to Neville he wouldn't breathe a word of his plans but he couldn't help but smile as he saw his unsuspecting friend. "How are you?"

"Good, good." Cho replied. "Glad you're back… and even gladder that Neville is back." She laughed at the expression on Harry's face.

Harry slid his arm around Hermione as his eyes travelled to the kitchen doorway and the smile slipped for a moment as he saw Gordon standing there. "Hullo Gordon," he said politely. "What brings you over today?"

"Hermione and I were just getting some studying done," Gordon said in a cool tone. "I'm surprised she didn't mention it to you."

"Aye, she did." Harry replied, squeezing her tighter to his side. "Must have slipped my mind."

"Must have," Gordon smiled tightly.

Hermione sensed Harry's discomfort with Gordon there. "Listen, why don't we pick back up where we left off tomorrow?" she asked her friend. "That or on Tuesday?"

"Um… sure…" Gordon clearly didn't want to leave but it seemed he had no choice. "Oh by the way," he said, his tone as innocent as possible. "I remembered that yesterday was your birthday and I got you a little something."

"You did?" Hermione asked. "Gordon you didn't have to do that!"

"It's the least I could do," Gordon smiled as she left Harry's embrace. "He handed her a small box from his cloak pocket and she unwrapped it.

"Oh…" Hermione lifted a sterling silver charm bracelet from the box. "This is gorgeous! Each little charm held something that she loved- books, a wand, and potion bottles. "Thank you…" she gave him a quick hug, aware that Harry was standing less than five feet away.

"You're welcome." Gordon replied. "I'm glad you like it."

Hermione fastened it to her wrist. "I do, I love it," she replied.

Harry exchanged a look with Cho and she shook her head slightly. She had been listening in the living room the entire time while Hermione and Gordon worked and all Hermione had done was talk about Harry most of the time.

"So I'll see you tomorrow in class?" Gordon asked, watching as his books flew back into his bag.

"Bright and early," Hermione groaned but she was smiling. "And thank you again for the bracelet I really love it."

"It's my pleasure," Gordon wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a rather daring move and hugged her to him.

Harry was almost steaming as he saw this but held his tongue out of respect for his girlfriend. He stepped back out of the way silently as Gordon came towards him down the hallway, a tiny smirk on his face as he walked out the front door.

Harry shut it behind him as Hermione came back into the hallway. The sight of her large smile was enough to put Harry back in a better mood. "So tell me about your training," Hermione said as she wrapped her arms back around him.

"Just mainly a lot of physical work," Harry replied as she and Cho led him into the living room. He nearly collapsed on the sofa, Hermione still holding onto him. "Neville says he's really sorry- he was so tired it was all I could do to get him to Seamus's place. He'll be over tomorrow."

"Make sure you tell him not to come over until the afternoon at least," Cho replied, sharing a secret smile with Hermione.

"Why's that?" Harry asked, looking from girl to girl.

"Because you're very possibly looking at the new salesgirl for Madam Malkin's robes shoppe." Cho said smugly.

Harry's smile spread across his face. "Hey that's fantastic Cho!"

"Lavender's moving up in the world so to speak," Hermione buried her face in his shoulder again. "Madam Malkin has promoted her to designing. Wait until you see what she made me for my birthday."

"If we wait much longer to go upstairs you may have to show me tomorrow," Harry groaned. "I hate to say it but I need to sleep very soon."

"You'd better get that second wind of yours blowing," Hermione whispered in his ear. "I've no intentions of letting you go to sleep for another few hours."

Cho rolled her eyes. "If you two are going to sit here and whisper sweet nothings I think I'll go to bed."

"Sorry," Hermione straightened back up. "Tell us more though about your training. What sort of tactical manoeuvres did you practise?"

Harry spent the next half hour detailing what they had done while skirting the issue of what he and Neville had done in their little free time. "I just really wish you could have been there," Harry finished. "You two would have loved Florence." Harry squeezed Hermione's hand.

"Sounds like we would have," Cho agreed. "Well… I do think I'm going to make it an early night so I can get up on time and get ready for tomorrow." Harry got up to help her to her feet.

"Good luck," he gave her a hug, as did Hermione.

"You'll let us know as soon as possible right?" she asked.

"Of course I will." She began to waddle from the room. "Have fun tonight you two."

Harry and Hermione grinned after her before Hermione pushed Harry back onto the sofa. "I really did miss you," she said, climbing on top of him. "Very…" she kissed him. "Very… much…"

Harry returned her kiss wholeheartedly. "I could have used you there," he replied.

"Why do you say that?" Hermione asked resting her forehead on his while his hands toyed with her hair.

"Megan," Harry groaned. "Bloody hell… I must have showed her every picture of you I have and told you about her a million times but there seems to be something in what brain cells are still active that shut down when I say the word 'girlfriend'."

Hermione laughed. "Pity she can't have you," she snuggled against him. "You're all mine."

Harry wrapped his arms back around her and buried his face in her hair. "I could stay like this all night," he groaned. "You're going to have to carry me up the stairs."

She answered by placing little kisses along his neck. "Oh one thing before we go upstairs Harry."

"What's that?" Hermione got off him and Harry followed suit.

"Your cut off… has been cut off…" she grinned impishly. "Race you upstairs!"