Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance 2 by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance 2

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: Tonight's chapter is the beginning of the end for Last Dance. We thought long and hard about this and have decided that going back to Hillsdale is the best place to wind this story up. There will be a few more chapters and then the story will come to an end .It's hard to believe that what started out as kind of a 'deleted scenes' type story turned into this massive saga. We have enjoyed writing it and have enjoyed reading your comments and we appreciate each and everyone of our readers. We have wrapped up some couples, but you will see a few of them pop in and out again before things finish up. We do hope you enjoy the rest of this story as we stretch for the finish line. Thanks for a wonderful five and a half years!

Hermione held Harry's hand as they followed Steve down the trail toward the guest cabins. He had given them a tour of the grounds and though so much had changed, there were still so many familiar sights. Hermione felt like she could close her eyes and see Lavender sitting by the lake, catching some rays. She could see Harry and Cho dancing in the main building, looking like they were floating on air.

"The place looks great," Harry was saying to Steve, the resort's long-time owner.

"Thank you," Steve replied. "It's really held up well all these years."

"My uncle never took care of it like this," Harry said.

"I did have to make a lot of improvements," Steve admitted.

"It's lovely," Hermione said putting her hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Have you ever heard from Dudley, or my aunt?" Harry asked curiously.

Steve shook his head. "Not since I bought the place."

"Probably better off," Harry answered. He hadn't thought of them himself in years.

"Absolutely," Steve said. He reached into his pocket and handed Harry a set of keys. "Your bags are already in your cabin. If you need anything at all, just let me know."

Hermione shook his hand and looked at Harry in surprise.

"Oh, do you already know which of the guest cabins we're staying in then?" she asked.

"Sure do," Harry said, leaning a bit on his cane.

"Perhaps we should have brought your chair," Hermione worried. "I don't want you to get tired out. You're so pale..."

"I'm fine," he assured her. "And I'm supposed to be pale as are you. We're British."

Hermione smiled. "Just tell me if you get too tired," she said, starting to lead him in the direction of the guest cabins.

He shook his head. "Where are you going, Mrs. Potter?"

"The cabins..." Hermione said.

Harry shook his head. "We're not staying there."

Hermione gave him a strange look. "Where ARE we staying?"

"Follow me," Harry said with a grin.

Hermione took his arm and they slowly made their way across the grounds.

She was a little worried about where they were going. She did not dare ask him about taking a rest because the last thing she wanted was another row.

"You don't remember this place?" Harry asked.

"Remember what place?" Hermione asked. She had not really paid too much attention to where they were heading. She followed his gaze and saw the familiar cabin up ahead.

Harry grinned at her. "I talked to Steve a few weeks ago and we get to stay there."

"Your old cabin," Hermione whispered.

"He said it's really nice inside," Harry told her. "It's better than when I lived there."

"I hope you don't expect me to sneak in and out of there again," Hermione teased.

Harry laughed. "We won't have to do that this time..."

Hermione gave him a kiss. "I love this, Harry. Thank you!"

Harry held onto her a moment. "I'm glad."

"Let's go and check it out," Hermione said excitedly.

Harry let his wife lead him up the hill to the small cabin.

He handed her the keys and Hermione opened the door.

"Oh," she breathed. "Look at this place now!" Instead of the rickety wooden bed, there was a pretty carved one up against the wall. A fireplace was installed as well as carpeting laid down. Curtains covered the windows instead of just a flap of fabric and there was actually a door to the loo as well.

"Told you it was nicer," Harry said smiling at her.

"It's amazing," Hermione said as Harry made his way over to a chair and sat down.

"I thought it would be nice to be here," Harry said. "I wanted to make this place special for you."

"It's so special," Hermione said as tears welled up in her eyes. "This is exactly what we needed, Harry."

"Come here," Harry said softly.

Hermione went over and sat down next to him.

He reached for her hand. "Don't cry, love."

"I'm sorry," she said. "I can't help it. This is amazing."

"This place changed my life," Harry said. "I met you here and nothing has ever been the same since. Because of you I have the family I wanted for so long."

Hermione leaned against him. "I love you so much, Harry. You changed my life too."

"I know it hasn't always been easy," Harry started to say.

"Especially lately," Hermione nodded.

"Thank you for standing by me," he said, his voice choking up a bit.

"For awhile I wasn't sure I wanted to," Hermione told him. "I didn't know what to do or say to make anything better for you."

"You're leaving was my wake up call," Harry said.

"It took our children to wake us both up," Hermione said softly.

Harry smiled. "Yes, it did. They probably won't let us forget that."

Hermione smiled. "Let's put all of that behind us. We have to concentrate on us... and your recovery."

"Right," Harry said. "So, what do you want to do first then?"

"Do you need to rest?" Hermione asked. "I'll unpack."

"We can do that later," Harry told her.

"But--" she began.

"Fun," Harry said. "Then unpacking." He reached for his cane.

"Well then what did you have in mind?" Hermione asked.

"Swimming?" Harry asked. "Or at least sitting by the lake?"

"Swimming involves me unpacking," Hermione said with a grin.

Harry laughed. "Okay."

"I won't take long," Hermione said. "I just hate our things sitting in a suitcase--"

"Little Miss Organised," Harry teased. "I knew you couldn't stand it."

"I can't," she said, already using her wand to levitate their clothing into drawers.

"It's fine," Harry reassured her. "I'd be lost without your organization."

"You'll tell me if you get tired," Hermione said, not phrasing it as a question.

"Yes," Harry snapped. The last thing he wanted was to be coddled, but he also knew Hermione was just being concerned. He had promised not to take out his frustration on her and he was going to keep that promise. "Sorry...yes, I will tell you if I get tired, but I'm going to be fine."

Hermione smiled reassuringly at him and linked her arm in his. "Yes, you will."

They passed a few teenagers on their way to the lake and Hermione looked at Harry. "Were we ever that young?"

"Doesn't feel like it," Harry said. "But we were probably close to that age when we met..."

Hermione linked her arm with his. "I remember walking around here looking for any sign of that cute boy I saw in the parking lot, but then I met him...and he was...he was so bloody arrogant..."

Harry grinned. "Sounds like a real chump."

"The worst," Hermione said dramatically. "But, lucky for him, he was handsome."

"I remember seeing this really cute brainiac in the parking lot," Harry played along. "Wonder what happened to her?"

Hermione nudged him. "Oh, she married his cute red-headed best mate."

Harry made a face at her.

Hermione laughed. "About as far-fetched as you marrying Ginny, right?"

"Please don't ever say that again," Harry looked disgusted.

Hermione grinned. "Good idea. That brainiac you met in the parking lot, she married that arrogant wanker."

"What a match," Harry said, stopping to put his arms around her.

Hermione looked up at him and smiled. Harry leaned in and gave her a kiss. "Get a room!" a familiar voice called out.

Ethan grinned at his parents. "Are we going to be subjected to this the entire holiday?"

Hermione and Harry turned to see Ethan, Maddie, Gwyn and Kiera staring at them.

"Only if you spy on us," Harry finally answered. "I thought you four weren't coming until later."

"We couldn't wait," Maddie said softly.

"This is a fantastic place," Ethan looked around.

Ethan pointed out across the lake. "Gwynnie, guess what happen in that lake? You know your Aunt Saffy?"

"Yes," Gwyn looked up at her father.

"Ethan James," Hermione warned.

"What?" Ethan asked. "I heard you two talking about it once. That's the infamous lake where Saffron Potter Kirke began her life."

Gwyn clapped her hands. "Like a mermaid?"

Ethan began to laugh. "That's an interesting way of putting it."

Gwyn smiled. "Ellie never told me!"

"Ethan James," Hermione said. "I do NOT want you bringing that up to your sister!"

Kiera looked up at her mother. "Daddy's in trouble, Mummy!"

"He usually is when he opens his mouth," Maddie said dryly.

"Thanks, Mads," Ethan said shaking his head. He caught sight of his baby sister heading in their direction. "Oh, look. There's the Little Mermaid now."

Gwyn saw her aunt and waved frantically. "Aunt Saffy! Daddy says you're a mermaid!"

Harry sighed. "Here we go..."

Saffron knelt down and lifted her niece into her arms. "I'm a what?"

"Ethan!" Hermione warned when her son opened his mouth.

"Why do I feel like I'm missing something?" Saffron asked.

"Daddy says you started in the lake," Gwyn said before anyone could stop her.

Realization hit Saffron and she glared at her brother.

Ethan chuckled. "The beginning of the end."

"You like that lake, do you, Ethan?" Saffron asked him. "How about I push you in it?"

"Will I come out as perfect as you?" Ethan asked.

"Because Gwyn and Kiera are here, I won't hurt you now," Saffron said through clenched teeth.

"Okay," Hermione said hastily. "Has everyone settled in?"

"Andrew's in our cabin with the kids," Saffron said. "Edward's kipping and Ellie's colouring."

"We just dropped our things off," Maddie said. "Still need to unpack."

"I'm so glad you're all here," Harry said sincerely.

Saffron smiled at her father. "We are too. I can't wait until Edward gets up so we can explore a bit."

Harry gave her a hug. "We'll see you later, sweetheart."

Saffron sent her brother another glare before walking away.

"You better watch it," Hermione told her son.

"I'm not afraid of her," Ethan scoffed.

"Much," Maddie added.

"She can't do anything here," Ethan said.

Harry patted his son on the back. "Keep telling yourself that, son."

"We were going to grab a bite to eat," Maddie said. "Would you like to join us?"

"We're going to sit by the lake for awhile," Hermione told her. "But, we'll catch up with you later."

"Okay," Maddie smiled at her in laws. "Enjoy yourselves."

"Don't make Saffron, part two," Ethan cracked and Maddie shushed him.

Harry shook his head as he and Hermione continued on their way. "Hell hath no fury like a Saffron scorned..."

"The lake," Hermione smiled. "We've had some amazing times here, Harry.'

"We sure did," Harry said sitting down on one of the chairs with Hermione's help.

Hermione leaned his cane against the back of his chair and then pulled another one over next to him. "It's lovely being back here."

"It is," Harry said. "And when I think of this lake, I think of my beautiful wife in her red bikini..."

Hermione blushed. "I don't fit into that anymore..."

"Rubbish," Harry said smiling at her.

"I don't," Hermione said. "One of the bands snapped on me."

"It doesn't matter to me what you wear," Harry said squeezing her hand. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world to me. Always have been, always will be."

Hermione leaned against him. "Thank you, Harry." Harry kissed the top of her head. "I could sit out here for hours," Hermione said. "It's so peaceful."

"We'll have loads of time to do that," Harry said. "No work, no worries. Just us with our friends and family. That's all that matters."

"And time for us to just reconnect," Hermione said. "That's really important, too."

Harry nodded and could not help thinking about the look on her face when she saw how far he had actually come. He had spent every free moment practising with Cho and Luna.

"Are you hungry?" she asked after a little while.

Harry nodded. "Yeah, you?"

"I could nibble on something," Hermione nodded.

Harry grinned impishly at her. "That so?"

Hermione laughed. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well, since this is our first day, maybe we should start in the restaurant," Harry said. "And then go back to our cabin..."

Hermione glanced at him in surprise.

"What?" He asked.

"Are you ready for that?" she asked. "Can you--"

"It's been a long time," Harry said. "And I've missed being with you like that. I-I'd like to try."

"I've missed it too," Hermione ran her fingers through his hair. "Very, very much."

Harry smiled. "So, that's a yes?"

"Of course it is," Hermione said, standing.

Harry smiled. They had not been intimate since before his accident.

"Do you think you'll be able to?" Hermione asked as he pushed himself to his feet.

"One way to find out," Harry said winking at her.

Hermione hugged him around the middle. "I can't wait."

"Me too," Harry said holding her close.

They made their way back to the cabin as quickly as possible.

"Oy!" someone called out from behind them. Harry and Hermione both stopped in their tracks.

They slowly turned around to see Ron and Luna smiling at them.

"Are you kidding me?" Harry muttered under his breath.

"Be nice," Hermione whispered.

"Can you believe this place?" Ron asked. "Looks the same!"

"Steve mentioned you were staying in your old cabin," Luna gushed. "How romantic!"

"He's fixed it up," Hermione said. "It's really quite lovely now."

"If those walls could talk, eh, Harry?" Ron asked, punching his friend on the shoulder.

Harry stumbled a bit. "Right..."

"The moment we stepped on the grounds, I just felt this rush of memories," Luna said.

"Me too," Hermione agreed. "And I'm glad my children will all be here to share it."

Luna smiled. "I know!"

"What time is Julie coming?" Ron asked.

"Sometime this afternoon," Hermione replied. "She had a summer staff meeting at the school and they were coming afterwards."

"We saw Saffron as we were walking," Luna said as the four made their way to the cabin. "She was hoping Edward would be up so she and Andrew could take the kids for a little exploring."

Harry reached for the door, but Ron beat him to it and stepped inside. Before Harry could say anything, Ron plopped down on the bed. "Hey, this is quite posh!"

"I know," Harry responded, making his way over to the sofa against the wall.

"You have anything to eat?" Ron asked. "I'm bloody famished."

"We just got here," Harry pointed out, trying not to sound irritated.

"I have a tin of biscuits in my bag," Hermione said.

"What kind?" Ron asked, heading over to her purse.

"Chocolate chip," Hermione replied.

"Ronald," Luna admonished as Ron took the tin and began stuffing biscuits in his mouth.

"You could ask," Harry said.

"Can I have a few?" Ron asked with his mouth full.

Hermione had to laugh. "Go ahead."

"We were hoping at the weekend when Neville, Cho, Seamus and Lavender arrive that we could all have dinner together," Luna said to Hermione.

"Like old times," Hermione said. "We'd love that, Luna."

"Wonderful," Luna said. "I'll put all the details together with the dining room.

"Make sure they have lots of food," Ron said before taking another biscuit.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Because that's what's most important."

"Luna, are you up for sainthood?" Harry asked. "Because we get a break from him, but you have to put up with him all the time."

"It's like having a seventh child," Luna said.

"I'm right here," Ron protested..

"I'm surprised you can hear us talking over your chewing," Harry quipped.

"Funny, Potter," Ron said. "Who made these by the way? They're fantastic."

"I did," Hermione replied.

Ron chuckled. "I still can't get over you being a good cook. All those years when you were so horrible. Remember that time she nearly burned the cottage down?"

Hermione glared at him and snatched the tin away.

"Hey!" Ron protested.

"Shouldn't have brought that up," Harry said.

"How about the four of us go for some lunch?" Luna suggested again. "Ronald will behave, won't you, Ronald?"

"Once I get something to eat, sure." Ron answered.

"We'll meet you in the restaurant in ten minutes," Hermione told them.

"Great," Luna said. "Come on Ronald."

Ron stood up and followed his wife out of the cabin. Hermione walked over and sat down beside her husband. "Sorry," she said resting her head on his shoulder.

"Foiled again," Harry sighed.

Hermione laughed. "As I recall, he was good at doing that back then, too."

"He's great at it," Harry replied. "I am hungry, though."

"Me too," Hermione said.

"Later?" Harry asked. "We can try?"

Hermione smiled and touched his cheek. "Yes."

Harry leaned in and kissed her.

"We should go," Hermione said when they pulled apart.

"Yeah," Harry said reluctantly.

"Bloody Ron," Hermione said.

"Glad to see nothing's changed since the first time we were here," Harry said. "Remember when he walked in on us here the first time?"

Hermione groaned. "I thought you were going to kill him."

"Should have," Harry said as they left the cabin and slowly began making their way to the restaurant.

While Harry and Hermione enjoyed their walk down memory lane, Saffron and Andrew were setting off for their own walk. They were staying in a cabin beside Ethan and Maddie and Ethan had continued his taunting.

"Why do I have a feeling this holiday is going to end in murder?" Saffron looked at her husband.

Andrew chuckled as he picked up Edward. "Little Mermaid."

"Don't you start!" Saffron scowled.

"Come on, Saf," Andrew said. "You have to admit it is funny."

"No it's not," she answered,

Ellie looked up at her father. "Be nice to Mummy."

"That's right," Saffron said. "Listen to your daughter."

"Okay," Andrew grinned.

Ellie skipped ahead of them. "Where are we going?"

"Just having a look around," Saffron replied. "This is my first time here too."

"No it's not," Andrew couldn't resist.

Saffron shot him a look.

Andrew chuckled. "Sorry."

Saffron sighed. She had the feeling that once RJ arrived, she would never hear the end of this.

"Do they have ponies here?" Ellie asked.

"They do," Andrew replied. "That Steve bloke said they had a stable on the other side of the lake."

Ellie squealed happily and Edward laughed. "Pony!"

Saffron twirled Ellie around. "You like that, do you, baby?"

"Let's go right now," Ellie begged.

Saffron looked at Andrew. "What do you say?"

"I'm game," he replied. "If that's what my girl wants to do."

"Lead the way," Saffron said to Ellie. The four of them set off for the stables and Saffron fell into step beside Andrew. "And before you ask, I have no idea if my parents 'visited' the stables in their time here."

"I wasn't going to ask," Andrew said, but his mouth turned up at the corners

"I wish I knew where they were when they made Ethan," Saffron started to say but then scrunched her nose up in disgust. "No, no I don't. I don't like to think of my parents doing---that. I mean, I know they had to do it at least three times, but still..."

"Doing what?" Ellie asked.

"Nothing," Saffron said hastily.

Andrew swung his son up into the air. "You going to ride on a pony, Ed?"

Edward just laughed at his father.

"He's scared," Ellie said loftily.

"He's not," Andrew said. "He just doesn't understand. He will when he sees them."

"No scared," Edward replied.

"That's my boy," Andrew said.

"We'll see," Ellie said running down the path to the stables.

Saffron smiled at Andrew. "I don't think I've ever seen her this excited."

Andrew grinned. "Me either. You going to ride?"

Saffron laughed. "I've actually never ridden a horse that wasn't on a carousel."

"Don't be scared," Andrew teased.

"Never," Saffron said nudging him.

Andrew put an arm around his wife as Ellie took Edward's hand and they hurried ahead.

Although Saffron had not liked the teasing from her brother, she had to admit it was nice being here in a place that was so important to her family. Her parents had met and fallen in love here.

"Everything okay?" Andrew asked. "You glad we're here instead of Brighton?"

Saffron nodded. "I can't believe we haven't been here before now."

Andrew pulled her closer to him. "It is nice," he agreed.

"Horsy!" Edward squealed pointing his finger in the direction of the stables.

"That's right," Ellie said. "I'm going to ride a white pony called Shadowfax."

Saffron laughed. "Where did you get that name?"

"I've been reading some Tolkien to her at bedtime," Andrew said.

"I just wish he was a unicorn," Ellie sighed.

"Just you wait until you get to Hogwarts," Saffron told her. "You'll see loads of unicorns."

"I can't wait!" Ellie clapped.

They finally arrived at the stables and one of the stable hands came over. "I'd know you anywhere," the girl said to Saffron. "You're Hermione Potter's daughter, aren't you? You're the spitting image of her, you are."

"Oh," Saffron said. "Thank you..."

"I admire your mother so much," the girl continued. "The things she did for house elves..."

Saffron nodded. "They've really come a long way."

"She's my grandma," Ellie said proudly.

The girl grinned. "You look just like her too."

Ellie grinned. "Can I ride a pony, please?"

"A white one, preferably," Andrew said.

"You're in luck," the girl said to Ellie. "I'll bring her on out."

"Is her name Shadowfax?" Ellie asked.

The girl stopped and turned. "How did you know that?"

Ellie's eyes grew huge and round. "It really is her name?"

"Yes," the girl said. "I'll be right back."

"Daddy!" Ellie said, shaking with excitement. "I get to ride Shadowfax just like Gandalf!"

Andrew grinned. "I heard!"

"You going to be able to handle that, baby?" Saffron asked.

Ellie nodded. "Best day ever!"

"My pony?" Edward asked.

"We'll get you one too," Andrew promised.

"That one," Edward pointed.

"The brown one?" Andrew asked.

Edward nodded. "Please?"

Andrew mussed his son's hair. "Sure, mate."

"You have to be gentle," Saffron reminded her son. "Nice to the pony."

Edward nodded. "Nice."

"That's my good boy," Saffron picked him up and kissed his cheek.

Ellie squealed when the stable girl brought out the white pony. "She's beautiful!"

"One of the very best," the girl said proudly.

Saffron smiled. She had a feeling that Ellie would want to sleep in the stables now.

"Wait a minute baby," Andrew said. "We have to get you a helmet."

Ellie nodded and reached out to gently pet the pony. "Hi," she whispered.

"Good," Saffron said as Andrew went with the girl to choose a helmet.

"I'm going to visit you every day," Ellie said to the pony. "And I'll bring Gwynnie, too."

"She'll like that," Saffron rubbed the pony's velvety face.

A few moments later, Ellie found herself riding the pony. The look of pure joy on her face made Saffron smile.

"Look at you go, baby." Andrew cheered her on.

Ellie waved at him. Edward wanted to get on his pony, but he did not want any part of the helmet.

"You have to wear it," Saffron told him firmly. "Or you won't ride the pony."

Edward shook his head. "No, Mummy!"

"Yes," Saffron replied. "Now."

Edward pouted but allowed his father to put on the helmet.

"Don't like," Edward said angrily.

"I know," Saffron said soothingly. "But, it's to keep you safe and to make Mummy happy."

Edward glanced at her pensively. "Ok," he agreed.

Saffron kissed his cheek. "Ready then?"

She walked around with Edward, making sure he stayed balanced atop the small horse. "Look at you," she said. "Such a good rider, Ed!"

He beamed at her. "Yay!"

"Daddy!" Ellie said. "Look!"

Andrew nodded. "I see, baby. He's doing great."

"And me," Ellie said. "Can we run together?"

"I suppose," Andrew said with a grin. "You up for it?"

"Hold on tight," the girl told her. "And give Shadowfax a little nudge."

Ellie nodded and did as she was told.

She let out a shrill scream of delight when the pony began to trot.

Andrew laughed. "Gandalf would be proud, baby girl."

Andrew and Saffron let their children ride for around a half hour. "All right," Saffron finally said.

"How about we let the ponies rest and go get some lunch?"

"But-" Ellie started to protest,

"You can come back tomorrow," Andrew told her.

Ellie relented. "Okay."

Edward happily surrendered his helmet. "No like."

Andrew laughed. "Hungry, mate? Uncle RJ and Aunt Audrey are probably here by now."

"Yeah!" Edward's eyes lit up.

"And we're hungry," Saffron said taking Ellie's hand.

"Starved," Ellie added.

"I bet we can beat those two to the restaurant," Saffron said to Ellie.

"Let's go," Ellie said. "Head start."

"Hey!" Andrew called after them.

"Run!" Saffron picked her daughter up.

Ellie giggled. "Go, Mummy!"

Saffron laughed. "I like flying better."

They arrived at the restaurant laughing and out of breath.

"No fair," Andrew said. "You two didn't tell us it was a race."

"We won fair and square," Saffron said.

"No fair," Edward echoed his father's sentiments.

"We'll make it up to you," Saffron promised.

Andrew grinned at her. "Cheater."

"Yeah, but we're cute," Saffron grinned kissing him on the cheek.

"You can do better than that," he murmured in her ear.

Saffron smiled. "I can and I'll show you later when we're alone."

"I'll hold you to that," he said, sliding his arms around her.

"Uncle RJ!" Ellie squealed.

"Ellie!" RJ exclaimed. "Where have you been?"

Ellie launched herself at him before telling him excitedly about riding Shadowfax.

"You rode a real pony?" RJ asked. "Not my Ellie!"

Ellie giggled. "All by myself!"

"Wow," RJ said. "Is he too big for me to ride?"

"She," Ellie corrected. "And yes---way too big for you!"

Saffron laughed. "It was just a pony."

"So says you," RJ said grinning at her. "Little Mermaid."

Saffron's grin turned into a glower. "I'm going to KILL Ethan!"

"Ah, she's a Mer-Monster," RJ said with a laugh.

"Be nice to my mummy," Ellie told him. "Or else."

Ellie folded her arms and looked so much like Saffron it was uncanny.

"Wow," RJ shuddered. "I just flashed back about twenty years."

"Scary, isn't it?" Andrew asked.

"I beg your pardon?" Saffron asked.

"Um, nothing," Andrew said hastily. "Let's go inside. I'm hungry."

"Wuss," RJ muttered.

"RJ," Saffron said glaring at him.

Audrey poked her husband. "Stop it, RJ."

"Okay, okay," RJ relented.

Ellie lifted her arms. "Uncle RJ, can I ride on your shoulders?"

"Of course," RJ said lifting her up.


Ellie kept them all entertained with a story she made up about a princess who loved riding white ponies. "Wonder where she got the inspiration for that from?" Andrew shared a grin with his wife.

Saffron grinned back. "I love that you've been reading that to her, Andrew."

"She's tried to read it to me," Andrew said.

"Our smart girl," Saffron said squeezing his hand.

"And the princess rode away on Shadowfax and lived in the forest forever," Ellie finished. "The end!"

"Best story ever," RJ said grinning at her.

Ellie giggled. "Thank you Uncle RJ!"

RJ looked at Saffron. "So, how's your dad? Have you seen him yet?"

"He and my mum were down by the lake earlier," Saffron said. "I'm not sure what they were up to after that. He looks good- he was using his cane."

Audrey smiled. "That's great, Saffy!"

Saffron smiled too. "It's good to see them getting back to the way they used to be before all this started."

"Your folks have always been solid, Saf," RJ reassured her.

Saffron nodded thoughtfully. "I'm glad for that."

"I hope we're that happy when we've been married that long," Audrey said. .

"Same here," Saffron said, squeezing Andrew's hand.

RJ leaned back in his chair. "Well, Aud, when you're married to someone as brilliant as me..."

Saffron snorted.

"She's just jealous," RJ said.

"Of what?" Saffron asked.

"Of not having a bloke like me," RJ said.

"I have one better," Saffron retorted. "Andrew's perfect."

"He's no RJ Weasley," RJ said.

"And that's why he's perfect," Saffron replied.

Andrew chuckled. "Perfect for you, anyway."

"Exactly," Saffron leaned over and gave her husband a kiss.

Ellie giggled. "Mummy loves Daddy!"

"That she does," RJ said, kissing the little girl on the cheek. "Can't compete with that, can I?"

Ellie shook her head. "No way!"

"Loyal to the end," RJ said. "How about we bring on the food? I'm starving."

"Me too!" Edward exclaimed clapping his hands.

"What are you in the mood for, buddy?" Andrew asked his son.

"Chips!" Edward replied.

"Just chips?" Andrew asked.

Edward nodded.

"He'll probably eat like three of them," Saffron said. "He hasn't had much of an appetite lately."

"Oh, why not?" Audrey asked.

Saffron shrugged. "I think it's just a phase."

"Something we Weasleys know nothing about," RJ said.

"You were born ready to eat," Saffron teased.

RJ grinned and motioned for the waiter.

Sometime later, Harry snuck away from his wife to meet up with Luna in one of the old dance studios. Just walking through the doors brought back so many memories.

"Right on time," Luna smiled at him. "Did you have trouble getting away?"

"A little," Harry admitted. "But Hermione wanted to get started on a new book so I was able to slip away."

"Good," Luna replied. "Let's get started."

Harry set his cane aside.

She started some music and they got to work on the steps that he and Cho had already worked on.

Luna beamed at him. "Brilliant, Harry!"

"Thanks," Harry managed. He wouldn't admit that this still hurt, he was determined to dance with his wife.

"Think you're up for the dip?" Luna asked.

"I'll try," Harry nodded.

Luna smiled encouragingly. "Okay, one...two..."

Harry steadied himself and let Luna fall back.

"Easy," Luna said noticing the strain on his face.

"I've got it," Harry said.

They held the dip for a few seconds and he slowly pulled Luna back.

"Very good!" Luna exclaimed.

Harry smiled triumphantly.

"Let's have a breather," Luna said, seeing that he was still tired.

Harry nodded. "Good idea."

Luna helped him to a chair then handed him some water.

"Thanks," Harry said. "And not just for the water, Luna. This means a great deal to me. Doing this for Hermione..."

Luna smiled. "I'm more than happy to help, Harry."

"Ron's a lucky bloke," Harry said.

"Remind him of that, would you?" Luna joked.

"Oh, I think he knows," Harry said with a laugh. "He tells me that himself, Luna. Who knows what he would have become if you hadn't come along?"

"I don't even want to think about that," Luna said, laughing.

"Neither does he," Harry said before taking a drink of his water.

They sat in a companionable silence for a few minutes. "When do you plan on showing Hermione what you can do?" Luna asked.

"The last night we're here," Harry replied.

"You're going to go that whole time?" Luna asked in surprise.

Harry nodded. "Just like last time. I know it will be difficult because Hermione doesn't miss much..."

"No, she doesn't," Luna agreed. "She sees everything."

"So, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep this from her," Harry said.

"We'll just make sure we find times like this to meet," Luna said. "Or when she's doing something with Julie, Ethan or Saffron, you can say you're going to lie down and we'll come and have a quick lesson."

Harry nodded. "That's what I was thinking, too."

"Good," Luna said, standing up.

"One more try?" Harry asked.

"You got it," Luna said, taking his hand.

*** *** ***