Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance 2 by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance 2

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors note: This whole series started for us when we published the first chapter of Dirty Dancing on April 26, 2004. Nearly seven years later, we are putting this universe to bed and it's sad for us. All good things must come to an end and though it pains us to let go, it's time. We will post an epilogue but we do not have a timetable assigned for that just yet. Keep looking out though! And we have a new story we're working on that's non-DD related that we will post in the future as well. We would not have made it this far were it not for you our loyal readers and we want to let you know how much we appreciate that all of you took your time each week to read what was going on with these characters. Thank you so much for making these seven years special for the two of us!

RJ blinked, not sure if he had heard her correctly.

"RJ?" she asked. "Are you all right?"

"P-pregnant?" RJ stammered.

"Three months," Audrey nodded.

"With a baby?" RJ managed.

"Of course," Audrey said. "What else could I be pregnant with?"

RJ reddened. "Sorry--it's just---wow."

"Two more months and we can find out what we're having," Audrey told him.

RJ finally smiled as the impact of what she was saying hit him. "We're having a baby."

Audrey smiled back at him. "Yes we are."

RJ leaned in and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Audrey said. "You're going to be such a good dad."

RJ grinned. "I've had a good example. And you are going to be a fantastic mother, Aud."

Audrey gave her husband a kiss. "Shall we go break the good news to your family?"

RJ nodded. "We'll tell them after Mum and Dad dance."

Audrey took his hand and together they made their way to the ballroom.

RJ's brother, Jon, had already arrived with his family.

"Let's dance!" Olivia tugged on Caroline's hand.

Caroline smiled at her little sister. "You want to boogie, Livvie?"

"Right now," Olivia said.

Caroline stood up. "Come on, then."

"I bet she wishes she could dance with BRADLEY," Emma teased.

Caroline frowned. Though Bradley had planned to visit her at Hillsdale, his job in Brighton had not allowed it. They had written to each other, but it was not the same.

"Emma," Allison said. "That's enough already. Let's have fun on this last night."

"Sorry," Emma said to Caroline. "I'm just hungry."

"It looks like they have some food set up over there," Caroline pointed.

Emma's eyes grew large. "Daddy, please say we don't have to wait for everyone!"

"Go ahead, Em." Jon said. "I don't want you to starve."

Emma grinned. "Adam, you want go with me?"

"Sure," Adam agreed. "I'm hungry too."

Allison looked at Jon. "They've finally bonded over food."

Caroline smiled. "He hasn't stopped reminding Em about the peanut butter biscuits and apple pie."

Olivia tugged on her sister's hand. "Sissy! Now!"

"Okay, okay," Caroline said as her baby sister led her onto the dance floor.

She laughed as Olivia immediately began twirling. Caroline knew this was because Olivia liked the way her dress swung out when she spun around.

"That's good Livvie," Caroline grinned at her. "You're the best dancer ever!"

Olivia grabbed her hand and Caroline helped spin her around.

Caroline loved spending time with her siblings but she couldn't help but think of what it would be like dancing out there with Bradley.

Just a few feet away, Katie was dancing with Kevin and Ashley with Zander. She smiled at her best friend and Katie waved back.

A part of her felt jealous that Katie had her boyfriend there and she didn't. Caroline had to wonder if it would be awkward when Katie and Bradley actually came face to face again.

"Sissy?" Olivia asked, breaking Caroline out of her reverie.

"Yeah Livvie?" Caroline asked absently.

"Grandma and Grandpa are here," Olivia pointed to Ron and Luna. Ron wore a tuxedo and Luna wore a sparkly blue dress..

"Look how pretty Grandma is," Caroline said. "And Grandpa is so handsome!"

"Can we go say hi?" Olivia asked.

"Sure," Caroline picked her up. "I bet Grandpa will want to dance with you."

She carried Olivia back to the Weasley family table and sure enough Ron scooped Olivia up and led her to the dance floor. Caroline made some small talk with her grandmother and was going to sit down when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Not now Adam--" Caroline began but gasped when she turned around. "Bradley! What are you doing here?"

"You look beautiful," Bradley said, handing her a flower.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked in shock. She reached out to touch his sleeve. "I thought you couldn't... that your job--"

"Katie came by this morning," Bradley replied. "I know, I was shocked to see her, too. She told me that this was your last night here and she wanted to make it special for you."

"She did?" Caroline asked. "Really?" she turned towards where the brunette was sitting, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Caroline could not believe Katie had done something so selfless. "Thank you," she mouthed.

Katie grinned at her. "You're welcome," she mouthed back. "Kiss him."

Caroline turned back around and looked up at her boyfriend. "I'm really, really glad you're here. I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too," Bradley said, putting his arms around her. "You look great."

"So do you," Caroline said softly, leaning in.

Bradley gave her a kiss, keeping it chaste. "I really, really missed that," he said with a grin.

"Me too," Caroline said smiling at him. "Do you want to dance?"

"I might step on your feet," he said sheepishly. "I'm not that great at it."

Caroline giggled. "I'm willing to risk it."

She leaned against him as he wrapped his arms around her. "How's Brighton been?"

"It's been okay," Bradley replied. "But, it's been missing this really pretty brunette..."

"Of all summers for us to miss going down there, it would have to be this one," Caroline said. "Maybe my parents will let me come down there for a weekend to visit with you."

"I would like that," Bradley grinned.

Caroline kissed him again. "I'm so happy you're here," she sighed. "How late can you stay?"

"Midnight," Bradley replied.

"We'll have to make the most of our time together then," Caroline said.

"Absolutely," Bradley agreed. "I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"Good," she said. "And that goes the same for me. You aren't leaving my side."

Back at the table, Allison nudged Jon. "Brings back memories of you and me, doesn't it?"

"You bet it does," Jon answered, putting his arm around her. "I remember how scared I was to ask you out."

"I'm glad you did," Allison said smiling up at him. "And look at us now."

Jon gave his wife a kiss. "Love you, Al."

"Love you too," Allison said softly.

The Potter family had arrived as well, except for Harry. Hermione had walked over with Lavender, Seamus, Stephanie and Gabriel. She remembered Lavender saying that Ethan knew where Harry was and she made a beeline for her son.

"What is going on?" Hermione asked Ethan. "I've been patient all day, but where on earth is your father?"

"I'm sure he's around," Ethan replied vaguely.

"Ethan James--" Hermione began.

"Don't worry, Mum," Ethan said patting her on the hand. "Really."

"Tell me where he is," Hermione demanded. "I want to know."

"Um, I think Ron and Luna are getting ready to dance," Ethan said. "We should take our seats."

"Ethan!" Hermione exclaimed as her son took her arm and guided her to the table.

Steve took to the stage and everyone quieted down. He thanked everyone for coming. "Years ago," he continued. "I watched these two fall in love on this very floor. And those of us who know Ron, know it was the best thing that ever happened to him. May I present to you, Ronald and Luna Weasley..."

Ron gulped nervously as he led his wife onto the floor. Luna smiled up at him. "Just relax, Ronald. And don't worry about my knees this time. I've been practising."

"You have?" Ron asked her.

"Yes," Luna said. "You haven't?"

"Well, not as much as I would have liked," Ron said as the music began to play.

"I'm sure you'll do fine," Luna looked up at him adoringly. "You're the best partner I've ever had."

"You're mine, too," Ron said as they began to dance.

"You see?" Luna asked after a few moments. "You're doing fine. I knew you'd remember this!" Ron forgot about everyone watching and just concentrated on his beautiful wife.

Hermione watched them wistfully and wished her own husband were there. She remembered dancing with him in here all to well after the truth had been revealed about Ginny, Draco and Dudley.

So much had happened since then, but they had come through all of it together. Why had he disappeared like this on an important night like tonight?

"Mum," Ethan nudged his mother when Ron and Luna finished to lots of applause. "Look over there." he pointed to the doorway.

Hermione turned and felt a wave of relief wash over her.

Harry stood in the doorway and it took Hermione a moment to realise that he was standing there without any help. Without a cane, and without a wheelchair... without even an arm to lean on.

Saffron and Julie followed their mother's gaze. Smiles broke across their faces as they watched their father walk towards them.

Hermione gasped, her hands over her mouth. "Harry!"

Harry winked at her as he came forward. "Hello," he said softly, extending his hand. "I was wondering if I might have this dance."

Hermione could only stare at her husband. "What?" she finally managed. "How?"

"I'm Harry Potter," Harry grinned. "Didn't you know by now I can do anything?"

Hermione smiled at him as she blinked back her tears. He took her hand and led her to an empty spot on the dance floor. "How is this possible?" she asked softly.

"Hours of therapy," Harry replied, putting his hands on her waist. "And practise with Cho and Luna. I made them promise not to tell."

"You've been planning this all along?" she asked as he swung her around.

Harry nodded. "I wanted to do something to make up for what a bastard I was to you since this happened."

"I can't believe you're dancing again," Hermione said, still holding in her tears. "Harry, this is perfect."

"I love you," Harry said, tears shining in his eyes. "I have my second chance and I'm not going to waste it. You and our family are everything in this world to me."

Hermione pressed her lips to her husband's. "I love you too," she said. "And from here on out, we know how to work on our issues."

"Together," Harry said, dipping her to the delight of their friends and family.

Hermione laughed when he brought her back up. She could tell from the way he was holding himself that his body still wasn't exactly the way it used to be but that didn't matter to her. They finished the dance to applause and their children hurried toward them.

"That was wonderful!" Julie said, hugging her father. "Dad, you're incredible!"

"Now, you see why I didn't say anything," Ethan said, hugging his mother.

"I can't believe you kept this a secret," Saffron said. "We could have helped."

Harry hugged her. "I know you would have. But your brother found out by accident."

"I was pretty stunned too," Ethan said. "But the look on Mum's face was worth it."

Saffron smiled at her mother. "It was."

"And now," Harry said. "We can work on going back to being a real family. No more of me turning everyone away when I need help. It took me a long time to get here."

Hermione smiled. "I feel like we've come full circle, Harry. And it's fitting that it was here."

"Where everything started for us," Harry put his arms around her.

"And where everything started for the brat," Ethan said putting his arm around Saffron.

Saffron punched him hard in the side, causing Ethan to double over. "Will you EVER learn?" she asked him.

Julie, Harry and Hermione laughed at this. Ethan rubbed his side. "Two words for you, Saf. Anger Management."

Saffron smiled sweetly at him. "You're so afraid of me."

Harry put his arm around his youngest daughter. "This is definitely more like it."

"I never thought I'd be so glad to have things go back to normal," Saffron said.

"I am," Hermione said reaching for Harry's hand.

"Come on," Harry said to his wife. "Let's dance again."

Hermione smiled at him. "I'd love to."

Harry led her onto the floor effortlessly. "I wanted to make this the best night of our stay," he told her.

"Saved the best for last," Hermione said softly.

Harry pulled her closer to him and kissed her soundly. "I finally feel like we can put all of this behind us."Hermione felt a little dizzy as she looked at him. She actually felt very much like that young girl that danced on this very stage with him all those years ago.

"Are you all right?" Harry asked. She hadn't said anything in awhile. "Do you need to sit down?"

"Can we go outside for some air?" Hermione asked. "It's a little warm in here."

"Sure," Harry said, linking their fingers together. He led her outside and down the steps.

Hermione sat down on one of the benches and looked over at him. "I just can't get over this. You can walk!"

"And dance," Harry said. "I've missed that."

"Me too," Hermione said, tears welling up in her eyes. "This is the most romantic thing you've ever done for me."

"Yeah?" he asked. "Even more than when I asked you to marry me?"

Hermione laughed. "This is right up there with that, Harry."

Harry pulled her back to her feet. "Dance with me," he said in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "Let's never stop dancing, Hermione."

Hermione rested her head on his shoulder as they swayed to the music drifting outside. "Never," she whispered.

Harry tightened his arms around her. "You know," he said. "There's something else we could finally do tonight..."

Hermione smiled. "And what's that?"

"I'll give you one guess," Harry said, running his lips over her neck.

Hermione closed her eyes. It had been such a long time and she wanted to be close to him. "Oh..."

"We tried earlier in the holiday but..." Harry paused for a moment. "I think this time things will work out."

"Me too," Hermione said giving him a kiss. To her delight, Harry picked her up in his arms. "Harry!"

"I've got you," he grinned at her. "You walk too slow for me."

Hermione laughed. "This really is like old times."

He had to set his wife down a little over halfway to the cabin but didn't want to admit that he was tired. Harry knew this evening would be hard on him tomorrow but he didn't care.


Hermione held his hand as he opened the door. "Here we are," she said softly.

He grinned at her as they pulled all the shades down and Hermione lit a small fire in the fireplace. "There," she said. "Very, very romantic."

Harry turned on the Wireless and soft music filled the cabin.

"Perfect," she said softly. "This night is completely, absolutely perfect."

"Come here," Harry said crooking his finger at her.


Hermione smiled as she sauntered over to him. "I think I'm overdressed."

"Well," Harry said playing with the strap of her dress. "Let's see what we can do about that."


Hermione raised her arms as he lifted the dress up over her head.

"Much better," Harry said with a grin as he tossed the dress aside.

Hermione unbuttoned his shirt and slid it over his shoulders, dropping it on the floor. Her eyes moved over his chest- he was even more muscular than he used to be due to his rigorous workouts.

"Wow," Hermione said smiling coyly at him.

"See something you like?" Harry asked.

"Very much," Hermione said huskily.

Harry leaned in and kissed her, his fingers loosening her hair as she pulled at his trousers.

He walked her backwards toward the bed, never once breaking their kiss.

Hermione still couldn't believe this. Harry was whole, and in one piece and they were here together. The past months of pain and hardship were over.

Harry stepped out of his trousers before joining his wife on the bed. It was only fitting that this was happening here where it had all began so many years ago.

"What's taking you so long?" she asked, sliding her knickers over her legs. "Come on, Harry."

"Just enjoying the view," Harry said, his eyes skimming over her.


"I don't feel so in shape next to you," Hermione said.

Harry positioned himself over her and smiled. "You are just as beautiful now as you were then, my love."

"Well you can't lie to me," Hermione laughed. "So I'm inclined to believe you."


Hermione wrapped her legs around him and Harry carefully slid into her.

"Oh," Hermione breathed, her back arching. The feeling of Harry inside her was so incredible, and it was something Hermione never wanted to forget. She had taken this for granted.

Being with him like this was just as natural as breathing. With every kiss and every touch, she could sense how much he loved her.

Since it had been so long, it didn't take much for either of them to reach the edge. Hermione didn't bother to muffle her voice. "Harry," she moaned, running her nails over his back. "Harry... oh please."

"I know," Harry said burying his face in her shoulder.

She felt her breathing quicken as did his and she clutched onto him as if he were going to fall away from her.

They lay together afterwards, Hermione feeling warm, safe and loved. "Now," she said turning to look at him. "You really are back. That was...perfect."

Harry ran his hand through her hair. "Yes, it was," he said softly.

Hermione smiled and snuggled up close to him. "Best. Holiday. Ever."

"Yes it was," he agreed. "I loved every moment we've spent together."

"We've been through a lot, but we're still together," Hermione said. "And stronger, I think than we were before."

"After all this?" Harry asked. "You bet we are."

"I can't believe you managed to keep this from me!" Hermione poked him in the side.

"The first secret," Harry replied. "Other than that old chair, remember?"

Hermione laughed. "How could I forget that?"

Harry nuzzled her ear. "I just wanted tonight to be good for you."

"It was," Hermione said closing her eyes. "It really was one of the best nights of my life."

Harry kissed her again. "What time do you want to head home tomorrow?"

"We have to leave?" Hermione asked teasingly.

"I don't want to," Harry replied. "But I have to think about going back to work."

Hermione nudged him. "What's wrong with this picture? I want to skive off and Harry Potter wants to go to work."

"When did we switch personalities?" he asked dryly.

"I'm not sure," Hermione said thoughtfully. "But don't expect me to suddenly like flying and you to start wanting to read Shakespeare."

"I should take you flying," Harry sat up. "We haven't done that in a really long time."

"Don't press your luck," Hermione told him.

Harry rolled her up on top of him. "This does feel like we've gone back in time. Although I'm glad you don't have to sneak out of my cabin in the morning."

"Me too," Hermione said smiling down at him. "The things I did for you..."

Harry gave her an irresistible grin. "You wore that dress... and that bikini..."

Hermione shook her head. "You love that bikini..."

"I love you in it," Harry said. "Wish it hadn't snapped on you."

"THAT was your fault," Hermione pointed out.

"How?" Harry asked, laughing as he ran his hands over her smooth, bare back.

"Telling me to put it on when I told you it no longer fit me, Mr. Potter," Hermione replied.

"Well," Harry said. "I like you better in nothing."

Hermione grinned and leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Just like this?"

"Exactly like this," Harry said softly.