Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance 2 by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance 2

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: Sorry for the cruel cliffie last chapter, you guys! We had to do it !

"We don't have to do it right away," he rushed his words. "Long engagement is fine."

A tear fell down Ashley's cheek as she looked at him. Her own hand was shaking as she touched his cheek.

"Ash?" he asked again. "Would that be a yes?"

Ashley nodded and smiled. "That would be a yes."

Zander grinned at her, his nerves evaporating. He wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you," Ashley whispered holding him tightly. "More than anything."

"Same here," Zander said, pulling back to gaze down at her. "You're all I've ever wanted."

Ashley kissed him and then held out her hand. She grinned as Zander slid the ring on her finger.

"It's beautiful," Ashley gazed at it. "The most beautiful ring I've ever seen."

"Katie liked it so I had a feeling I did well," Zander said.

"Katie knew?" Ashley asked.

"I came here a couple of days ago and asked your dad," Zander admitted. "She kind of came in just as I was showing him the ring."

"You asked my dad?" Ashley asked softly.

Zander nodded. "I thought it was the right thing to do."

"Brilliant," Ashley said as he hugged her again. "You are positively amazing."

"It's you, Ashley," Zander said swinging her around.

Ashley laughed. "I can't believe we're engaged!"

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Zander said.

"Same here," Ashley said, her arms around his neck. "I've never been this happy in my life."

"Me either," Zander said. "I was so nervous. I wanted to make this perfect for you."

"It was," she said. "It was totally perfect."

Zander grinned. "You want to go tell your family, don't you?"

"Sounds like they already know," Ashley gave him a kiss.

"Your mum doesn't," Zander said. "Unless Katie blabbed."

Ashley giggled. "Hopefully not. Come on."

Zander took her hand and they ran back to the cabin, laughing the entire way.

"Mum!" Ashley said, pulling him into the cabin "Mum guess what! Zander and I are engaged!"

Julie turned in surprise. "What--?"

Ashley held up her left hand.

Julie grinned. "Sweetheart!"

"You already asked?" Katie leaned forward. "You didn't waste any time, Murray."

"Well, I looked at you making snide comments the next couple of days and I thought I should hedge my bets," Zander said grinning at her.

"I wouldn't have spoiled it," Katie said.

"Not if she wanted to be a good maid of honour," Ashley said.

Katie jumped to her feet. "You want ME to be maid of honour?"

"Absolutely," Ashley said. "If you'll do it..."

"Of COURSE!" Katie screeched.

Ashley laughed and gave her a hug. "I'm so happy, Katie."

"Congrats," Katie said. "I'm happy for you. Just don't let anyone in Slytherin know I said that."

Zander shook his head. "Why would anyone in Snakeville care about that?"

"Reputation, Zander." Katie rolled her eyes.

"Silly me," Zander said nudging her.

"Can't believe you're going to be my brother in law," Katie said.

Julie laughed. "She means that in the best way. Welcome to the family, Zander."

"Thanks," Zander said with a grin. "I know Katie adores me. She always has."

Katie scoffed. "I still like Brittany better."

"That's because she's an older version of you," Zander said.

"Then you know how fantastic I'll be as I grow older," Katie said with a grin.

"Two of you," Zander shuddered. "What have I gotten myself into?"

Ashley looped her arms around her fiance. "I'll help you deal."

Katie rubbed her hands together. "We have so much to plan! Dresses, flowers, hair..."

"We have loads of time to plan," Ashley said. "I don't think we're going to get married for a couple years. I still want to study at La Sorbonne and Zander has to finish his apprenticeship, we have to figure out where we're going to live..."

"Two years?" Katie frowned.

Zander nodded. "Can you wait that long?"

Katie thought this over. "I suppose..."

Ashley giggled. "How about a hen night in Paris?"

"Oooh!" Katie exclaimed.

"That's got her excited," Julie laughed.

Nick put his arm around his youngest daughter. "I can hear the wheels turning in that head."

"I'll plan the best hen night ever," Katie promised.

"Should I ask how much that's going to cost me?" Nick asked.

"No," Katie said primly. "But I could pay for it if I were to get my inheritance early..."

"Katherine," Nick said shaking his head.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You know the terms of your inheritance," Nick said. "That's not going to change."

"You can't blame me for trying," Katie said.

"Maybe she would use some of that inheritance to help with the wedding," Ashley said trying to keep a straight face.

"Dream on," Katie said.

Ashley laughed. "Can't blame me for trying."

"I'm excited because we do have a lot to plan," Katie said. "And once you decide on a date we can start!"

Nick smiled at Ashley and for a moment saw her as a little girl. It was hard to believe she was grown up and engaged.

"We'll decide on a date soon enough," Ashley promised. "You'll be first to know."

"We'll have your parents over soon too," Julie said to Zander.

"We have to tell them," Zander said. "I'm sure when Brit finds out the entire world will hear her reaction."

Ashley wondered if Brittany would be disappointed that the ring they'd found had not been meant for her.

"Do you mind if we pop home really quick to see my folks?" Zander was asking her.

Ashley grinned. "Of course!"

"We won't be long," Ashley promised her parents.

Katie sighed when her sister had gone. "I can't believe he did it."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," Julie said to Nick and Katie.

"Surprise," Nick said. "I was pretty shocked when he asked.

"Don't tell him I said this, but he's actually not that bad," Katie admitted.

"Reputation, right?" Julie teased her youngest. "And you're her maid of honour..."

Katie giggled and grinned at her mother. "Of course."

"I wish I could go back and bring your younger selves to this moment," Julie said. "I knew one day the two of you would be close."

"Mum, Ash and I weren't THAT bad," Katie said defensively.

Nick laughed. "Yeah sure..."

"I was perfect," Katie said nudging him.

"You're a Malfoy," Nick said. "Through and through."

Julie put an arm around her daughter. "She has some Potter blood in her, too."

Katie looked at them, her expression suddenly serious. "I know I haven't always been easy to deal with. I can be a little selfish..."

"Everyone can be," Julie said.

"I've probably had more moments than most," Katie said. "But, I love you guys. No matter what."

"We love you too," Nick told her. "And we're glad you're happy."

"Me too," Katie said. "And I'm going to make sure Ashley has the wedding of her dreams."

*** *** ***

Andrew and Saffron had been looking for some time alone and her mother offered to watch Ellie and Edward for the afternoon. The four of them were currently on the way to Harry and Hermione's cabin. Ellie skipped ahead on the path while Edward sat happily on Andrew's shoulders.

"She's already planning to be a flower girl for Ashley's wedding," Saffron said, shaking her head. "Even though I told her it's going to be awhile from now."

Andrew chuckled. "Is that why she's ripping the heads off those and throwing them down?"

Saffron laughed. "I think so. She thinks she's an expert since she was one for Aud and RJ's wedding."

"Ellie stop ruining the flowers!" she called out to her daughter. "Those aren't yours!"

"Mummy, I have to practise!" Ellie protested.

"You have a lot of time," Saffron told her.

"Hard to believe ickle Ashley is getting married," Andrew commented.

"Tell me about it," Saffron shook her head.

Ellie did a few twirls and then turned to look at her parents. "I want to wear a pink dress this time!"

"That's up to Ashley," Saffron said to her daughter. "But Daddy and I will buy you a pink dress if you really want one."

Ellie grinned. "And a pink bow for Shadowfax!"

"If they'll let us put one on her, sure." Saffron agreed.

Ellie clapped her hands together before running to her mother and hugging her tightly.

Saffron picked up her daughter and held her tightly. "Will you be a good girl for Grandpa and Grandma?"

"I'm good all the time!" Ellie giggled.

"No," Edward said from Andrew's shoulder. "Not."

Andrew laughed. "Uh-oh, El. Edward seems to disagree."

"He's a party pooper," Ellie replied.

"Mean!" Edward exclaimed.

"Elinore," Saffron warned her daughter.'

"Sorry," Ellie said looking up at her.

"Just don't mess with your brother today," Saffron said. "You know he doesn't like when you call him that."

"I wish I had a sister," Ellie said.

"Elinore," Andrew now said warningly.

Ellie pouted.

"Do you want a time out when we get to the cabin?" Andrew asked his daughter.

Ellie shook her head. "No."

"I don't want to hear you say anything like that again," Andrew said.

Ellie looked up to Edward. "Sorry, Ed."

Edward smiled at his sister.

"Good," Saffron said. "Come on, then."

Andrew lifted his son off his shoulders as they went up the steps to the cabin.

Hermione opened the door and beamed when she saw her grandchildren."There you are!"

"Hi!" Edward reached for her. "HI!"

Hermione eagerly took him in her arms. "There's my big boy!"

"And the flower girl," Ellie said, spinning around.

Harry came up behind his wife and grinned at his granddaughter. "Is that THE flower girl?" he asked. "The FAMOUS flower girl?"

"The one and only!" Ellie announced.

Harry chuckled. "Hermione, you didn't tell me she was going to be here with us."

"It's like having a celebrity around," Hermione joked.

Ellie giggled. "Grandma, it's me!"

"The prettiest four year old in the world!" Hermione exclaimed.

Ellie did another twirl causing the adults to laugh.

"Thanks again for watching them," Saffron said to her parents. "Andrew and I really appreciate it."

"Of course," Harry said. "We have big plans for these two."

"What are we doing?" Ellie hopped up and down.

"We're going to go to the lake," Hermione told them.

"Swimming!" Ellie said. "Ed, just like a fishy!"

Edward grinned. "Yay!"

"We'll be back later this afternoon," Saffron said. "You both be good."

Edward waved. "Bye, Bye!"

Andrew and Saffron laughed as they left the cabin. Saffron felt an excited flutter in her stomach- it had been quite awhile since she'd had any private time with her husband.

"So, what do you want to do, Mrs, Kirke?" Andrew asked her.

"Sleep," Saffron answered. "But I'm not going to waste my alone time with you, Mr. Kirke."

Andrew grinned. It was true that lately if they did have a moment alone, they would crash in the bedroom.

"I'm glad we came here this year," Saffron said as he put his arm around her.

"Me too," Andrew said. "I was able to see the spot where my beautiful wife..."

Saffron poked him hard in the side. "If you even start, you'll be IN the bloody lake."

"Come on," Andrew said. "It's pretty cool that this was the place where you came to be."

"It's weird," Saffron said.

"Only to you," Andrew pointed out.

"Exactly," Saffron said. "Would you like the spot where you were concieved shoved in your face?"

"The backseat of my parents' car?" Andrew asked. "No, thank you."

Saffron laughed. "Are you serious?"

Andrew grimaced and nodded. "Scary, but true."

"Hmm..." Saffron leaned against him. "Never going to look at your parents' car the same way again."

"So, see?" Andrew asked. "It could be worse."

Saffron only shrugged. "So... the other day when Mum and Jules and I were at the spa I told them how you and I were talking about having another baby."

"You told them?" Andrew asked.

"Are you mad?" Saffron asked.

Andrew shook his head. "No.Just seems a little more real since you told them."

Saffron smiled. "We could get to working on that, you know."

"Oh, so some time in the future, our little boy or girl can push Edward in the lake when he jokes about how this was the place that he or she was made?" Andrew joked.

Saffron scowled at him. "I am NOT swimming in that lake. EVER."

Andrew laughed. "Sorry, Saf."

"Way to spoil the mood," Saffron walked away from him

Andrew reached for her. "Come on, Saf. "

"Just stop with the lake stuff," Saffron looked at her husband. "I've had enough with Ethan and I don't need any more from you."

Andrew put his arms around her. "I'm sorry, Saffy. No more jokes."

"Thank you," Saffron said, her voice muffled as she pressed her face into his chest.

"How can I make it up to you?" Andrew asked.

Saffron looked up at him and smiled when she saw the look he was giving at her. "I can't stay mad at you when you look at me like that."

"I know," Andrew grinned.

Saffron gave him a kiss. "Let's find somewhere private- not the cabin- and make love."

Andrew grinned even wider. "I like that idea."

"We need to be very, very sneaky," Saffron whispered in his ear. "So no one sees us..."

Andrew thought for a moment. "The only question is where?"

"I'm not sure," Saffron murmured. "But you'd better figure something out fast."

Andrew grabbed her hand, an idea suddenly coming to him. "Come on."

Saffron laughed. "Let's hurry!"

Andrew laughed, too and led her past the lake where it seemed most of the resort guests were apparently spending their day.

"Give me a hint," Saffron said.

"Row, row, row your boat," Andrew started to sing.

"The boathouse?" Saffron asked.

"She got it in one," Andrew said. "You really are quite clever, Saffron."

"I know," Saffron said shamelessly.

Andrew grinned and looked over his shoulder as they approached the boathouse. It was locked as he knew it would be.

"Uh oh," Saffron said coyly. "What are we going to do?"

"Well, we would be out of luck if we were still at school," Andrew said. "No magic outside of school..."

"I'm very glad we're not in school," Saffron said kissing the side of his neck.

Andrew smiled. "Is um..is anyone looking then?"

"Not a soul," Saffron said after peeking around.

Andrew reached into his pocket for his wand. He pointed it at the lock. "Alohomora!"

"Mmm..." Saffron let out a little moan in his ear. "I love it when you open things up like that."

Andrew turned and pulled her into the boathouse. His lips were on hers before the door closed.

Saffron let out another moan but this one sounded more like a little mewling sound.

"I feel a little bit like I am in school and we're snogging in your mum's library," Andrew said in between kisses.

"That makes it all the more forbidden," Saffron pressed her body against his. "Andrew..."

"Merlin, Saffy," Andrew groaned.

Saffron laughed as she drew him over to a bench and spread a blanket over it.

"You always know just what to do to drive me crazy," he said as she sat on his lap.

"Yes I do," Saffron ran her fingers through his hair. "I love you, Andrew."

"I love you," Andrew said softly. "Always have, always wil."

Saffron smiled as she lifted his shirt up over his head.

She tossed it aside and he made quick work of her camisole top.

Already nearly undressed, the two lay on the blanket and kissed again. Andrew ran his hands over her bare skin.

"Please, Andrew," Saffron whispered.

"Not yet," he said, his breath hot on her skin.

Saffron grinned. "Oh?"

"Nope," he said, tugging at her shorts.

"So, it's your turn to drive ME crazy?" Saffron asked, helping him.

"You better believe it," he said, skimming his mouth over her neck.

Saffron closed her eyes. "I think...I think I can deal with that."

Andrew grinned down at his wife as he shed his swim costume. Saffron smiled back up at him and touched his cheek.

"You," Andrew began. "Are the most amazing woman I know." Saffron lifted her head and gave him a kiss.

"I hope we have our third because of this," Andrew said as he slid into her.

Saffron smiled up at him.

Andrew kissed her again as they moved together, her body rising up under his.

"Saffy," Andrew said against her skin.

"Andrew," Saffron drew out his name as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Andrew groaned and buried and his face in Saffron's shoulder.

"Andrew," Saffron said again, breathlessly. "You are amazing..."

"It's all you," Andrew said struggling to catch his own breath. "Merlin, we should do stuff like that more often."

Saffron laughed. "I agree."

"I'll never look at this place the same again," Andrew said giving her a kiss.

"Me either," Saffron said softly as he pulled her against him.

"So, you forgive me for making those jokes?" Andrew asked.

"Don't I always?" Saffron asked wryly.

"Lucky me," Andrew said with a grin.

"I still say I'm the lucky one," Saffron said softly.

"We both are," Andrew said holding her close.

"Hmmm..." Saffron closed her eyes as he nuzzled her neck.

"I wonder if Ellie and Edward are behaving for your mum and dad," Andrew said.

"I'm sure they are," Saffron answered.

"Ellie's just like you," Andrew said kissing the top of her head.

"She's much sweeter than me," Saffron said.

"Edward, too," Andrew said. "And I have them because of you."

"You had a large part in creating them," Saffron reminded him. "And you were amazing through both pregnancies."

"We've been through a lot," Andrew said. "But, we're here and we're happy."

"Very happy," Saffron said, laughing as he gently squeezed her side. "And if I do get pregnant again, I have high expectations."

"Oh, yeah?" Andrew asked.

"Midnight food runs," Saffron said. "Foot and ankle massages."

"Like the time you made me go out and get you Chinese takeaway in the middle of a blizzard when you were pregnant with Edward," Andrew recalled.

"And you didn't mind," Saffron said. "Because you got the extra egg rolls."

Andrew laughed. "Of course. I valued my life."

Saffron leaned in and gave her husband a very thorough kiss. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Andrew."

"I'm not going anywhere, Saf," Andrew promised. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said. "How about we have a date in town? Go grab a bite and then do a little shopping?"

"Perfect," Andrew said sitting up.

They got dressed quickly and sneaked back out of the boathouse unnoticed.

"You want to check in on the kids before we go?" Andrew asked.

"I'm sure they're all right," Saffron replied. "But if you want to--"

Andrew shook his head. "It's fine."

"It's kind of like when we were dating again," Saffron said. "Nothing to worry about..."

Andrew grinned. "It is except this time you come home with me."

"And stay all night," Saffron batted her eyes.

"What kind of bloke do you think I am?" Andrew joked.

Saffron laughed. "A one woman kind of guy."

Andrew put his arm around her. "Too right."

*** *** ***

Ethan emerged from the lake and smiled up at his daughter. "I'm right here, baby," Ethan said. "I'll catch you."

Gwyn looked down at her father and shook her head. "No, Daddy," she said emphatically. "I'm not jumping in!"

"Come on," Ethan coaxed. "You won't go under, I promise."

Gwyn's lower lip trembled and she sat down on the dock.

"Baby," Ethan said. "What's wrong?"

"Scary," Gwyn said softly.

"No it's not," Ethan said. "Daddy wouldn't let anything hurt you."

"But I don't wanna jump in," Gwyn said, wiping at her eyes.

"Okay," Ethan said. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Really?" Gwyn asked.

"Really," Ethan said. "Why don't you come in from the shore? I'll hold you the whole time."

Gwyn nodded. "Promise?"

"I promise baby," Ethan said, moving towards the side of the dock closer to the shore.

Gwyn walked down to the shore and stepped tentatively in the water. Ethan swam over and reached for her hand.

"Don't let go, Daddy," Gwyn reached for her father.

"Never," Ethan said pulling her into his arms. "You know, I was scared of the water, once, too."

"You were?" Gwyn asked as Ethan moved into some deeper water.

Ethan nodded. "I was around seven when we came here the first time and your Aunt Jules had to teach me how to swim."

"She did?" Gwyn asked. "Really?"

Ethan nodded. "I was even more scared than you of the water."

"What if a big fish bites me?" Gwyn asked.

"That's not going to happen," Ethan promised her. "But, if it did, I would fight that fish because no one hurts my Gwynnie, right?"

Gwyn giggled. "Right." she hugged her father around the neck.

Ethan smiled. "You okay going in a little further, then?"

Gwyn nodded. "Just hold me."

Ethan swam a little further, keeping a tight hold on Gwyn. "You're doing great, baby."

"Am I swimming yet?" Gwyn asked.

Ethan grinned. "You are."

Gwyn shrieked in delight. "Mummy, look at me!"

Maddie and Kiera were swimming nearby and looked over. Maddie grinned. "Sweetheart!"

"Go Gwynnie," Kiera cheered for her sister.

Ethan looked at his youngest. "Want to try kicking? You hold on to me and just kick your legs..."

"Okay," Gwyn agreed tentatively. "I don't want to go under, though!"

"You won't," Ethan promised. "I'll hold on to you the whole time."

"Okay," Gwyn began kicking her little legs.

"Good," Ethan encouraged. "That's it!"

"I'm swimming!" Gwyn said happily.

"Like a fish!" Ethan exclaimed grinning at her. "Look at you go!"

Ethan held her up under her stomach and brought Gwyn around in a wide, slow circle.

Maddie and Kiera swam over to them and Gwyn grinned widely at her mother.

"Look at my big girl," Maddie praised her. "I'm so proud of you!"

"She's doing much better than I ever did," Ethan said. "Just you ask Julie."

Kiera giggled. "Mummy told me how you couldn't swim!"

"She did, did she?" Ethan asked looking at Maddie.

"Nothing but the truth," Maddie said innocently.

"Sure, Mads," Ethan said. He looked at Gwyn. "Want to try floating on your back? I promise I'll hold on the whole time."

"Will my head go in the water?" Gwyn asked.

Ethan shook his head. "Just your hair."

"Daddy can hold your head up," Maddie said when Gwyn hesitated. "Don't worry, baby."

Etahn nodded. "Absolutely."

"Okay," Gwyn agreed. Ethan carefully helped her turn onto her back.

"Kick those legs," Ethan said. "Good job!"

"Daddy," Gwyn said uncertainly.

"It's all right," Ethan reassured her.

"You're doing great love," Maddie encouraged.

"I don't like this," Gwyn said, her voice trembly.

"We'll stop," Ethan said pulling her into his arms. Gwyn rested her head on his shoulder. "It's fine, sweetheart. I've got you."

"Okay," Gwyn said in a small voice.

"How about we take a break and go back to the shore?" Maddie suggested.

"I'm hungry," Kiera said.

"Me too," Maddie said. "Come on then."

"You did a great job," Ethan told Gwyn as he carried her out of the water. "Mummy and Daddy are very proud of you."

"Me too," Kiera chimed in.

"Thanks Kiki," Gwyn said as Ethan set her down near their chairs.

Maddie reached into the picnic basket she had packed earlier. "I have juice and biscuits..."

"Yummy," Gwyn cheered up.

"I can't wait to tell Blue how great it is here," Kiera said as Maddie handed her some biscuits.

"I miss him," Maddie said. "I can't wait to see him again.

"He's watching the babies with Nana and Greta," Gwyn said.

"Taking good care of them, I'm sure." Ethan nodded.

"I'm sure he is," Maddie said pouring them each a cup of juice.

"So," Ethan looked over at Kiera. "Are you going to try jumping in after this?"

Kiera nodded. "If you promise to catch me, Daddy."

"Of course I will," Ethan nodded.

"I can't believe you were ever scared, Daddy," Kiera commented.

"It's pretty strange isn't it?" Ethan asked. "But when you're little, a lot of things seem scary."

Gwyn and Kiera nodded.

"But when you get older and wiser, then you realise what is scary and what isn't." Ethan finished.

Gwyn climbed into his lap and Ethan hugged his younger daughter to him. "You did so well," Ethan replied. "And you'll get better with practise."

"I want to jump," Gwyn told her father.

Ethan looked at her in surprise. "You do, baby?"

"I want to try," Gwyn said bravely.

Ethan grinned. "I promise to catch you."

"Let's go right now," Gwyn set her juice aside.

Ethan took her hand. "Okay, Miss Potter. You lead the way."

Maddie and Kiera followed them down to the dock as Ethan got back into the water. Gwyn stood on the edge, still looking a bit uncertain.

"I'm right here," Ethan told her. "You trust Daddy, right?"

"Yes," Gwyn nodded.

Ethan looked up at her. "We'll count to three, right? "

"One," Maddie said. "Two... Three!"

Gwyn closed her eyes and jumped off the dock.

Ethan caught her just as her little body hit the water, keeping her head above the surface

"Gwynnie!" Ethan grinned hugging her tightly. "You did it!"

"I did!" Gwyn exclaimed, giggling. "I did it!"

"My brave girl!" Ethan praised her. "My brave Gwynnie."

Maddie and Kiera clapped. "That's my big girl," Maddie said as Ethan lifted Gwyn back onto the dock.

Gwyn hugged her mother. "That was scary and fun!"

Maddie laughed. "You are a brave, brave girl."

Ethan looked at Kiera. "What about you, Kiki?"

"I'll do it," Kiera came to the end of the dock.

Maddie sat down with Gwyn. "We'll count for her, right Gwyn?"

"One," Gwyn began. "Two..."

"Three!" Maddie and Gwyn finished just as Kiera jumped off the dock and into Ethan's arms.

Gwyn clapped hard for her sister. "Go Kiki!!"

Kiera grinned and hugged her father. "That was fun!"

Ethan laughed. "Yes it was. You and your sister both did great!"

"Mummy, it's your turn!" Gwyn said looking up at Maddie.

Maddie laughed. "I don't think so."

Gwyn tugged on her hand. "You have to!"

"I'll catch you," Ethan grinned up at his wife.

"We did it," Kiera said. "You can be brave, too!"

"I've got a lot to live up to," Maddie said. "All right..."

Gwyn grinned. "Yay, Mummy!"

Ethan moved back into some deeper water. "Are you going to take a running start?"

"Cannonball?" Maddie asked with a grin.

Ethan laughed. "Do it, Mads."

Maddie winked at Gwyn. "Watch this."

Gwyn and Kiera watched with wide eyes as their mother jumped off the end of the dock, curling her body tight and hitting the water with a giant splash.

"I taught her that," Ethan said to his daughters.

"No he didn't," Maddie resurfaced.

"Who did?" Kiera asked.

"Your uncle Jon," Maddie said.

"That looks like something Uncle Jon would do!" Kiera giggled.

Maddie and Ethan pulled themselves back out of the water.

"He taught me a lot of things in the water," Maddie said. 'Includng how to dunk your uncle RJ."

"Oooh!" Kiera squealed. "I want to learn that!"

"You have to go underwater," Maddie told her daughter.

"Oh," Kiera said. Though she was a better swimmer than Gwyn, she did not like putting her face under water.

"Someday when you're comfortable," Maddie said. "I'll show you."

Kiera squezed her hand.

The two girls ran ahead of their parents back to the blankets and Ethan put his arm around his wife. "Nice cannoball, Mads."

She smiled. "Thanks."

Jon was the cannonball master."

"I think you could give him a run for his money," Ethan said. "Amazing as always, my Maddie Molly."

Maddie slid her arms around her husband and kissed him. "What did you want to do later?"

"Firecall the Burrow?" Ethan asked. "I want to check on the babies."

"I miss them," Maddie replied. "I can't wait."

"Hopefully they haven't done TOO much damage to the Burrow," Ethan said.

"I doubt it's irrepaireable," Maddie replied.

"Like what you did to Ron's old Canons shirt?" Ethan teased. "Spello-tape..."

Maddie laughed. "Exactly. Everything can be fixed."

Ethan caught sight of his parents walking ahead and smiled. "Everything can be fixed," he repeated.

*** *** ***