Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Another quick little chapter. I think I have one more scene to write before the gang moves on to Hogwarts! Enjoy!

Chapter 12

Remus paused in the trail leading to the pond and looked back to where they left the kids. He could still see the flicker of light from the fire and the sound of their laughter.

"Remus, they'll be fine," Tonks said placing a hand on his arm. "We're not going for, just giving them some time by themselves."

He nodded. "Okay, but let's stay outside so we can still hear them."

"Let's try out that porch swing," she said and then led him over to the swing Harry and Hermione were sitting in an hour ago. "I'm glad we made another S'more before we left." She took a small bite of hers as she grinned over at him.

Remus grinned and took a bite of his own. "I have to admit they are good."

"Yeah…I think this is my third," she mumbled with her mouth full.

Remus held his up. "My forth."

They shared a laugh as they finished off their S'mores in silent. Tonks giggled when Remus had to reach over and wipe off a smudge of chocolate from the corner of her mouth. "I've always been a sloppy eater."

"That is true," he teased and laughed when she sucker punched him in the arm.

"It was interesting to see Harry and Hermione on this swing earlier," she said with a grin. "Did you happen to noticed something going on between them?"

He grinned. "Sure I did. Hermione looks at Harry the way Lily looked at James. It's just a matter of time really, Harry is still a bit clueless when it comes to girls."

She nudged him playfully. "You're the one he'll come to now, you know."

He groaned. "Yeah, don't remind me. I'm not looking forward to our conversation about the birds and the bees."

Tonks chuckled. "They do make a cute couple, don't you think? They just…fit."

"They do," Lupin said softly. "They remind me so much of Harry's parents, I want to tell him that all the time, but I'll have to wait. It might freak him out if I tell it to him before he even realizes it."

"He will…they both will." Tonks sighed dreamily as she gazed up at the sky, while Remus continued rocking them gently on the swing. "It's a beautiful night," Tonks sighed.

"Hmm…almost a full moon."

"Tonks placed a hand on his leg. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." He shrugged. "Nothing I'm not use to."

Tonks looked at him sadly. "I hate it for you. You don't deserve it."

He shook his head. "No one does." He wanted to share something with her, but hesitated at first. Only him and Albus knew about it, but he knew he could trust Tonks and it would be nice to have someone to talk to. "Albus…knows this wizard. He, uh…apparently went to school with him, he's Albus' age." Remus glanced over at her. "He specializes in werewolves and has spend almost his entire life studying them."

"Remus," Tonks said when he stopped. She scooted closer to him. "What are you saying?"

"For years he's been working on a cure," he said softly and looked into her wide eyes. "And he's close…very close."

Tonks placed a hand over her mouth in shock. "Remus," she whispered and felt her tears burning her eyes. "Oh, Remus."

He closed his eyes when she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face against his shoulder. "I don't want to get my hopes up," he managed to say as his voice cracked with emotion.

"Oh you have to," she sobbed as she leaned back to look at him and took his face in her hands. "You have to believe it will happen. It will give you so much hope through all the pain you have to endure."

Remus smiled softly, touched that she cared so much. "If you believe it will happen," he said wiping away one of her tears. "Than so will I."

She smiled through her tears, than flung herself at him into a hug and Remus held her tight as she found herself sitting sideways on his lap. "You know," he said after awhile and pushed her back gently. "Out of all your famous looks, I like this one the best."

"Really?"

Remus took his fill of her blonde short spiky hair, her deep blue eyes and her pert little nose was lightly sprinkled with freckles. She looked adorable. Like a cute little pixie. "Definitely."

She blushed as she looked down. "This is my natural look."

Remus tipped up her chin so she would look at him again. "No wonder I like it so much."

Tonks shivered and her eyes fluttered close when he brushed his thumb across her bottom lip. "Remus…"

"Shhh," he whispered slipping his fingers around the nape of her neck and pulled her down towards him. Their mouths met softly as their lips absorbed and melted together. He was nothing but gentle, sipping at her like wine as he felt her relax against him. She smelled so good and her lips were as kissable as he always thought they'd be. Soft, full and all but begging to be kissed. "Nymphadora," he whispered against her mouth before he kissed her deeply.

Tonks whimpered. Normally, she hated being called by her name, but the way Remus said it…turned her into a puddle of goo. "Remus," she said, encouraging him not to stop. She felt his fingers sink into her hair as he turned the kiss more desperate. She clung to him as he devoured her mouth greedily and his hands streaked over her body possessively.

Remus didn't know how long he kissed her, but when he finally did pull back they were both trembling and out of breathe. Their foreheads touched, their eyes met and they both knew everything was different and their relationship changed from one sudden action. He smiled and cradled her face with his hands before their lips met once more.

It was a change both of them welcomed.