Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Here's another update! A little bit longer than the last one. I should probably have another update up this weekend. I've been planning the end of the year since the beginning so it's easy to write it all down. So you won't have to wait long. Enjoy the chapter!!

Chapter 40

It didn't take long for the word to get out that there was an exclusive party at the Head Boy/Girl common room. With plates of food at everyone's fingertips, thanks to Dobby, and bottles and bottles of butter beer along with a bottle or two of fire whiskey.

Someone brought along a Wizard Wireless so music was pumping as everyone goofed off, chatted away about the dreadful NEWTS and how glad it felt to be done with it. As the night grew on more people were getting wild, couples were in corners making out, guys were playing Exploding Snap, but making a drinking game out of it.

Dean also started a Muggle drinking game he had learn about from an American he had met during the summer. "He called it Quarters…American money, but I thought we'd call it Sickles. He held up a silver coin as Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Draco and Ginny gathered around the circular table, waiting for instructions. "Everyone fill up your glasses of firewhiskey and set it in the middle of the table, surrounding the extra glass in the middle."

"I don't know about this," Hermione sighed but filled up her glass anyway.

"It'll be fun," Harry cheered.

"What you have to do is bounce the coin off the table and try to make it into a glass. If it lands in your glass, you have to drink, but if it lands in someone else's glass they have to drink."

"What if it lands in the extra glass in the middle?" Luna asked as she arranged all the small glasses together and it took shape of a flower almost, with the middle glass in the middle.

"Ah, if it lands in the middle glass, it's a race. You grab your drink and chug. Last person to finish has to drink the middle glass."

"Nice!" Ron said as he rubbed his hands together. "This sounds fun."

"I'll show you how to do it once, then I'm going to start my own game with the guys." He then held the coin flat with his middle finger and thumb, slam it down on the table into the cluster of glasses and it landed right in Ron's drink. "Drink up, Weasley."

"Blast," he muttered but took a shot and then refilled his glass.

"Here, have fun, the person keeps going until he or she misses and if you make it three times in a row, you get to make up a rule that everyone follows."

"What kind of rule?" Draco asked.

"Well, my friend said the Thumb Rule is a popular one. If the person puts his thumb on the edge of the table, everyone has to do it and the last person who doesn't drinks. But you can make up your own."

"All right, let's play this game," Harry grabbed the coin from Dean and took his aim. It clang against the table then plopped right in Hermione's glass.

"Harry!" Hermione shrieked.

"Sorry luv," he said with a shrug. "Drink up.

She scowled at him as she picked up her drink then took the shot of Fire Whiskey. She winced and blew out a breath. "That's stuff is dangerous." She took the bottle of butter beer at her side to wash it down. "You'll pay for that one, Harry."

"Whatever you say." He took the coin and threw it on the table. He grinned when it landed in Draco's.

"You are too good at this, Potter," Draco sneered and then took a shot then refilled.

"Oh I'm not that good." He took another turn and it landed in Ginny's. "Okay, maybe I am."

"You get to make up a rule," Luna said.

"That's right….hmmm, I got it. Every time I kiss Hermione, you have to kiss your significant other. Last one to make contact with their lips, gets a shot."

"Hey, that means Hermione can never lose." Ron complained.

"That's her advantage of loving me, so live with it." He took another shot, but this time it bounced on a rim and fell on the table.

"About time, give it up," Hermione said and took aim right for Harry's and she wasn't disappointed when it went right in. "Wahoo!"

"You just had to be good at this, too," he said as he took the shot, winced a little, then refilled.

Hermione missed the second and then it was on to Draco who made two in a row, the first going to the love of his life and the second going to Luna since no one had yet to pick her. "Didn't want you to feel left out or anything," Draco said with a wink.

"That's sweet," she said thoughtfully and took the shot.

Ron went and made the first shot, but it went in his own glass. "Dammit!" he cursed as he took the shot. His second shot however went right in the middle and everyone scrambled for their own glass and chugged as fast as they could.

Draco slammed his down first, right after Harry, then Ron. Hermione finished next and Luna and Ginny were close, but in the end Ginny took the longest. "Good try, sweetie," Draco said as he refilled her glass for her.

"You trying to get me drunk so you can take an advantage of me?"

"Maybe, but…hey!" She had all of the sudden grabbed his face and kissed him hard then pulled apart.

Confused, Draco blinked then turned to see Harry and Hermione kissing. "Oh." His shoulders slumped. "I forgot."

"We beat you," Ron said. "Barely."

This went on for a few more rounds, but when everyone started missing more than making they all decided it was best to stop while they were ahead. Hermione stood up and stumbled a bit, giggling when Harry caught her. "Wow," she laughed and blew out a breath. "I'm a little drunk."

"Everyone is, sweetie," Harry chuckled already deciding that drunk Hermione was adorable. "Let's go over to the couch. It's empty and we can go neck."

"Lead the way, toots!" she said happily and let Harry pull her to the couch.

They practically stumbled onto the sofa, both laughing as they did before their lips met in short innocent pecks on the lips, giggling and tickling in between. Harry moved his kisses along her neck and Hermione gripped his hair with her fingers as she continued to giggle. She sure did laugh a lot when she was drunk.

He was just about to suggest they go upstairs when all of the sudden she gasped and her whole body tensed. He leaned back confused and saw her staring at the fire in complete shock. He turned to the fire to see the head of Dumbledore's head inside as he had an amused look in his eye. "Professor Dumbledore."

At his name everyone stopped talking and the music came to a holt. A few people squeaked as they tried their best to hide their bottles of firewhiskey or butterbeer behind their backs. "Sorry to interrupt the party." Harry could have sworn he was trying his best not to laugh. "Congratulations to all of you for finishing your NEWTS. I'm guessing that's the cause of the party."

Everyone shifted uncomfortably as they tried to avoid eye contact, but everyone nodded yes at his answer. "How fun and I won't keep you, but Harry…I do need to see you in my office."

"Me?" he asked urgently as he sat up.

"I'm afraid so." He frowned slightly as he looked at him and Harry had a feeling that it was finally that time. "I won't keep you too long, Harry. You must come right away."

His mouth was too dry from the liquor to speak so he just nodded his head and watched Dumbledore fade away. He felt Hermione's hand on his arm and the immediate presence of his closest friends. Of course they would get it, others went back to partying as soon as he left. "I guess…I better go."

"I'll walk with you," Hermione said as they helped each other up. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. That kind of sobered me up a bit."

"Would you like us to go with you as well?" Ginny asked.

"No…you guys stay and try to have fun. I'll be back shortly." He took Hermione's hand. "Let's go."

The two didn't speak on the way to his office. Their hands still clasped together as their footsteps echoed down the long hallway leading to the statue of the gargoyle. They stopped in front of it and Harry just stood there not wanting to go in.

"Harry…"

"Shh," he whispered as he turned to her. "It'll be okay." He reached up and touched her cheek. "Wait for me?"

"Of course."

Harry smiled softly then kissed her softly on the lips, lingering as much as he could. "Love you," he murmured.

She sighed as she rested her forehead against his. "Love you, too."

After one last kiss and a quick squeeze of her hand he said the password. Hermione watched him go up the circular stairs, smiling at him one last time before he disappeared. She blew out a breath and began her pacing. She had no idea how long he would be, but it didn't matter. She wasn't going anywhere until Harry came back.

They were having such a good time. Playing that ridiculous drinking game, laughing with friends and sharing kisses with one another. It was as if they finally were able to act like normal teenagers for a few hours and she would give anything to go back to that. Where would they be now if Dumbledore hadn't interrupted? In bed, she decided. Having silly drunken sex.

"Damn him," she muttered.

She jumped when she finally heard the sound of the stairs moving downwards and watched as Harry stepped out. He nodded sadly as he walked to her, bringing her in his arms as they held each other. "When do you leave?" she whispered as she shut her eyes tight, trying to hold back her tears.

"Day after tomorrow." He kissed the top of her head. "Break of dawn."

"I can't believe it," she murmured into his chest. "I knew this day was coming but, I can't believe it's finally here."

"Hermione," he sighed as he rocked. "Don't be sad…I can't stand it."

"I know," she said leaning away as she sniffed back her tears. "I'm trying to be strong."

"You are strong," he said cupping her face and brushing an escaped tear with his thumb. "You are my rock, Hermione."

She nodded in understanding as she wept softly leaning up to kiss him. She was too choked up to say anything, so she would show how she felt in a kiss. "Where do you want to go?" she whispered after awhile, both trembling as they held on to each other.

"We need to tell the rest. It's pretty late, I doubt if the party's still going."

"They'll still be there."

"I don't doubt it." He gave her a quick kiss then took her hand. "Let's not keep them waiting."