Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 44

"I'm going to kill him." Ginny picked up a pebble on the rocky shore of the lake and chucked it as far as she could throw. "No, first I'm going to give him a hug and kiss him senseless. Then I'm going to kill him."

"Ginny, it's been almost four weeks, get over it already."

Ginny turned to Luna who was perched up on a rock, her knees up as her chin rested on them. "Aren't you mad at Ron?"

She lifted a shoulder. "I kind of sensed it was coming." Her head came up and she stretched out her legs. "He told me in a way the last time we made love. The way he looked at me…it was like he was saying goodbye." She could still remember the sorrow look in his eyes when he moved inside her. She closed her eyes and felt the pain that swept through her every time she thought that that might have been the last time they would ever be together.

"Oh Luna," she sighed as she walked over at her and sat down, giving her a comforting arm around her shoulder. "Look at us? Pining for our men while they're off at war. It's so…typical. That pisses me off."

Hermione, who was standing barefoot in the shallow shore of the lake, laughed softly. "That is kind of annoying."

"And do you hold any animosity for Ron going off with Harry and leaving you behind?" Ginny asked.

Hermione looked down dug her toes in the wet sand under the water. "A part of me is. I wish I could be with my two best friends, but overall I'm glad Harry isn't alone and his friends are with him. Besides, I need to be here with Emma."

"How is she doing?" Luna asked.

"She's doing okay, it helps that Jayce stayed behind."

"A lot of students stayed behind, parents think that this is the safest place during the war."

Hermione agreed. "They're right, Hogwarts couldn't be safer."

"Hermione are you all right?" Ginny asked

"Hmm?" She turned to her friends for the first time. "Oh, I'm doing all right. I miss Harry, but…"

"No, I meant your stomach. You keep rubbing it."

"Oh." Startled she looked down at her hand that rested on her flat belly. "Have I? Well, I must be just…"

"Bloody hell," Ginny said as she stood up suddenly. "Hermione, are you pregnant?"

Hermione stared at her wide eyed for a moment, her eyes suddenly filled with tears and then covered her face with her hands and started to bawl. Alarmed, Ginny and Luna exchanged a startled look, then quickly made their way over to her. They slipped of their shoes and walked into the water, Luna didn't even bother to roll up her jeans. "There, There, Hermione." Luna wrapped an arm around her and rested her cheek against her shoulder. "It's all right."

"I'm so scared," she sobbed as her whole body trembled.

"I know you are," Ginny whispered as she stroked her hair. "Any girl in your position would be."

"I normally take precautions." She sniffed as she wiped her tears away. "The morning he left…I thought I was dreaming, but it was real. He made love to me before he left."

"Hermione?" Ginny asked hesitantly after a moment of silence. "Do you want this baby?"

"Of course I do." She placed a hand over her tummy. "I've always wanted kids with Harry. Of course, it's a lot sooner than I planned, but…I'm already in love with our child." She sighed as she looked down. "I'm terrified though that Harry will never know."

"Now, stop that talk," Ginny insisted firmly. "He's coming back, Hermione. You have to believe that. That child is going to know his father."

Hermione nodded her eyes shining with tears. "Thanks, Ginny."

"Wow, Luna beamed at Hermione. "A baby! Has it kicked yet?"

"No, still a bit early. Madame Pomfrey has been taking care of me. She's the only other one who knows."

"Well, we're here for you now," Ginny assured her. "If there's anything you need, you let us know."

"Absolutely," Luna agreed. "Whether it's giving you a back rub, or going out for a midnight craving of pickles and ice cream."

She laughed through her tears and hugged her friends close. "I love you guys."

XXX

They were winning the battles against good and evil, but the war was far from over. It had been two months since he left Hermione early that morning. Two long torturous mouths since he's seen her, held her…made love to her. It was hard, but he stuck with it, knowing that if he got through it and survived, it all would be worth it.

They were at their tenth hideout since their journey began, traveling on foot for fear of risking exposure if they used magic. Many battles were played out and more and more Death Eaters were captured…or killed when it had to be necessary. There had been fewer casualties on their side and only two deaths so far that he had heard of. Harry mourned for them, even though he didn't know their faces or name. They had risked their life for the greater good and for that he would always be grateful.

Dumbledore hardly ever left his side, especially during battles, for by his side was the safest spot one could be. Now all he could do, as he sat by the fire that was surrounded by an invisible shield to hide the stream of smoke, was wait and hope everything would be over soon.

"Hey."

Harry tore his eyes away from the fire to see Draco sitting on the floor next to him, copying Harry's position as he leaned against the dusty old couch that occupied the old cabin. "Hey, how's Ron?"

"Snoring like a freight train. The spell knocked him on his ass, broke a few ribs and dislocated his shoulder, but the Healer took care of him. He should be good to go by morning."

"He was lucky," Harry murmured.

"Yeah…he was lucky."

"No sign of your father?"

Draco shook his head. "No I have a feeling I won't be seeing him until you see Voldemort."

"Would you do it?" he asked. "Kill your father?"

He sighed and shrugged. "I honestly don't know. I'd like to avoid it, but if it came down do or die, I'll have to won't I?"

"Well, at least you might have some kind of a choice…I know my fate won't be so lucky."

"You're going to win, Harry."

Harry looked at him surprised. "You sound so sure."

"I am sure. You're a tough one, Harry. I'd hate to be the one to go against you in a duel." He snorted a laugh. "One time was enough for me."

Harry grinned at the memory of the duel in their second year. "You put up a good fight. Well, besides the cheating part."

"It was the only way I knew I could stand a chance. No way would I have admitted this back then…but you're pretty intimidating. It pisses me off."

He laughed. "And now look at us? Best friends fighting side by side. Who would have thought it?"

"I sure wouldn't have. But I'm glad it has."

"Yeah, me too." Harry cleared his throat and decided to change the subject before things got mushy. "So, uh…how do you think the girls are doing?"

He chuckled. "Ginny's probably thinking of all the ways she's going to curse me when I get back."

"Yeah, probably. She's got quite a temper."

"You're telling me." He blew out a breath and shook his head. "And the thought of us guys out here fighting, while the women are left behind. You know that just pisses her off."

"To be honest, I'm worried that Hermione will be mad that Ron came along."

"I'm sure she'll realize you tried to stop us. Besides, everyone knows how annoyingly stubborn Ron is when he makes his mind up about something."

"True." Harry closed his eyes and tilted his head back on the couch. "Bloody hell, I miss her. I miss all the girls."

"I miss sex," Draco stated bluntly.

Harry didn't open his eyes but he did laugh at his honesty. "Yeah, can't argue with you there."

"I bet Hermione's a regular animal in bed," Draco teased as he playfully nudged her.

Harry open one eye and grinned at him. "I nicknamed her bobcat."

Draco barked out a laugh. "Oh man."

"You ever tell her I told you and I will kill you," he warned.

"Deal. And to be fair, I'll tell you that my Ginny is a regular firecracker in bed."

He arched a brow. "Oh yeah?"

He winked. "You better believe it. Sometimes I can even keep up."

They laughed together, enjoying the moment of keeping their mind off what was going on around them. Draco leaned his head back as well and closed his eyes as the laughter died down and sleep took over them both. Morning wasn't far away and they both knew that they were getting closer and closer as each day passed.