Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 16

Harry had been at Hogwarts for two weeks now, but it felt like two months. He was constantly always doing something, whether it was doing homework, rushing to class, having a Prefects meeting or working on the upcoming Quidditch tryouts. Now, however, he was trudging back to the common room he shared with Hermione after a long, tiring lesson with Professor Snape.

He had to admit, he had better lessons and struggled a bit in the beginning. Snape was able to easily peak into his mind and Harry couldn't seem to fight back. That is until the scene with him and Hermione on his birthday, sitting on the beach as she gave him his necklace. He had seen himself leaning toward her about to give her a kiss on the cheek, when he fought back with everything he got. Snape ended up getting slammed against the wall and crumbling to the floor.

"Looks like I struck a nerve," he had said as he winced in pain. "Touching little moment, Potter."

"A moment I'd rather you not see," Harry said as he held out his hand.

"So I've noticed," the professor grunted as he took Harry's hand and pulled up on his feet. "Now that you're finally trying…let's start again."

The relationship between the two of them had changed dramatically. After a long talk with Dumbledore, he made them both realize that besides their differences they were on the same side and if they were going to win the war, they had to learn to work together. As much as they both hated to admit it, they knew he was right. It took them awhile, but eventually they managed a comfortable and respectable relationship. He still pushed him hard in class, but more fairly and Harry could tell he wanted him to succeed. Now that he didn't breath down his back anymore, Harry found himself becoming pretty decent in potions.

Finally reaching his designation he walked through the portrait into the common room he shared with Hermione. She was on the couch, right where he knew she'd be just like always. Just because Ron was no longer sharing the common room with them, didn't change anything. She was still waiting for him after a lesson. "Hi," he said as he plopped on the couch next to her and collapsed his head heavily into her lap with a tired groan.

Hermione smiled and quickly had to move her book away to leave room for Harry's head. "Tough lesson?" she asked as she set it aside.

"Yes," he sighed as he lifted his legs on the couch to get more comfortable.

"You look exhausted," she said as she combed her fingers through his messy hair.

"Probably because I am," he said and closed his eyes at the feel of her fingers lightly playing with his hair. It was something she had started doing since sixth year, when he had come to see a crowded common room after a tiring Quidditch practice.

After a quick shower and a change of close he had grabbed one of his Quidditch books and squatted down on the floor in front of Hermione who was sitting on the couch. She had shifted her legs to give him more room to lean back against the couch. He gave her a small smile of appreciation and scooted back comfortably. He got as far as opening his book and finding his place when he first felt Hermione's fingers lightly run between his still freshly damp strands of hair. He turned around and she smiled softly and paused her fingers waiting for his approval to continue. He than gave her an encouraging smile before turning back to his book. She had hesitated at first, but eventually her fingers found themselves tangled in his hair once more. He enjoyed it and found himself coming addicted to Hermione's soft touch.

"You probably don't want to hear that Dumbledore flooed me while you were away and wants to see you."

Harry groaned. "Yes, you're right. I don't want to hear that."

She laughed. "Sorry, Harry."

"Well, don't you look comfortable, Harry."

Hermione gasped and Harry darted forward when he saw Dumbldore's amusing face in the fire. "Professor," he stuttered. 'I was just…er…resting."

"So I see," he said with a grin.

"Um…I'm on my way."

"No need, Harry," he said. "It was wrong of me to ask you to come over after a lesson with Professor Snape. I know they can be tiring."

"Are you sure, Professor?" Harry asked. 'I really don't mind."

"It can wait till morning. Since it's Saturday I don't want to take the pleasure of sleeping in away from you. Just come by after you had breakfast. Password is Pixi Stix."

Harry nodded. "Yes sir. I'll be there."

"Goodnight," he said and Harry could have sworn he winked at him before his head disappeared.

"Well, that was embarrassing," Hermione mumbled.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair. "Er. Yeah. So, what do you think he wants to talk about?"

"With Dumbledore you never know. "I wouldn't worry about it. If it was about Voldemort he probably wouldn't have waited."

"Yeah, you're probably right." He stood up and stretched. "I'm going to bed, are you staying are going?"

"Definitely going, I'm just as tired."

He chuckled as he threw a friendly arm around her neck and she smiled as she snaked an arm around his waist. They supported each other as they trudged tiredly up the stairs. At the top, where they separated to go to their respected dorms, Harry pulled her up against his side and kissed the top of her head. "Night, Hermione."

Hermione had both arms around his middle now and squeezed him softly as he buried her face against his chest. "Night, Harry," she murmured."

They pulled apart, smiled at each other and slowly walked to their rooms. Both leaned against their bedroom door when they were safely inside, as a feeling ran through them neither ever felt before. It took Harry, as well as Hermione, a long time before finally falling asleep.

XXX

Despite what Dumbledore said, Harry was unable to sleep in due to the fact that he was curious on finding out what he wanted to discuss. He got out of bed before the sun rose, took a quick shower, threw on some close and headed down for breakfast. The Great Hall was practically empty and he quickly scarf down some chocolate chip pancakes and bacon, before making his way to Dumbledore's office

"Pixi Stix." Harry watched the Gargoyle hop aside and then entered the circling staircase. Harry walked into his office to find him leaning back in his chair, pouring pink sugar into his mouth. Harry had to bite his lip from laughing. The greatest wizard in their world was downing a Pixi Stix for breakfast. "Um…Professor?"

"Mmm?" Dumbledore tilted his head forward sucking down the last of his flavored sugar. "Oh. Harry. I didn't expect you so soon. I was just enjoying some Pixi Stix, would you care for one? I have all flavors."

"Thanks sir, but I just had a big breakfast."

"Ah…well, more for me then." He shook the last bit of sugar into his mouth then tossed the empty paper tube aside. "Please, have a seat, Harry."

"Thanks," he said sitting down across from him. "I was anxious to hear what this was about."

"I figured as much," he said leaning back in his chair. "It has to do with Sirius."

Harry's heart plummeted in his stomach. "Sirius?" he managed to say.

"Somewhat. Harry, did Sirius ever tell you about Anna?"

Harry shook his head. "No sir. Who was she?"

"Well, she was a lot of things actually. She was your father's little sister. Your aunt."

His aunt? He knew he had aunts and uncles but never heard much about them. He didn't even know his father had a little sister.

"Anna was a first year at Hogwarts when you parents and Sirius were in seventh year," the older wizard continued. "James was very protective of her, as well as Sirius. The years grew and so did your aunt…into a beautiful young woman to be honest with you. Sirius had tried to ignore just how beautiful she had become, but in the end failed and fell head over heels in love with her. He proposed to her tow months before your parents were killed."

Harry couldn't utter a word. So much emotion was running through him, he couldn't form any words. He didn't know why he was telling him this, but he knew there had to be some reason. He was almost afraid to hear it.

"As you know Sirius was framed and everyone thought he was a traitor and a murderer. Everyone, except for your Aunt Anna. She was the only one who knew…who believed in your godfather's innocence. She shut herself off to the world and worked hard for some solid evidence to help Sirius. As much as she wanted to have you Harry, she knew she would be useless. All she wanted was Sirius and his freedom.

"Seven years of researching and she ended up empty handed, so she grew desperate and planned an escape. She knew that Dementors couldn't sense animals as well as humans, so she learned to be an illegal Animangus.(AN:I'm sure I spelled this wrong, but it's late and too tired to look through the books to correct the spelling) She was a dove."

"She flew to Azkaban?" Harry asked saying something for the first time.

"Yes, Harry. She found him and transformed into herself only long enough for Sirius to know it was her."

"What happened?"

"Well, they made it off the island. Sirius swam while Anna flew over his head. They went into the nearby woods and although Anna encouraged him to keep going, he was too tired from the emotional draining of the Dementors and the long swim.

"So they rested for the night in the woods, both exhausted mentally and physically. They spent the night together in the woods and unfortunately it was their only night."

"The Dementors found him," Harry mumbled.

"Yes. No one knew of Sirius' first escape, the Minister kept it under wraps. Anna turned into a dove and managed to fly away, she knew being captured wouldn't do Sirius any good. That's when she finally came to me and told me everything. I still wasn't convinced Sirius was innocent, which is why I still took caution during your third year."

"Is my aunt still alive?" Harry asked hopefully.

He shook his had sadly. "I'm afraid not Harry. She died eleven years ago…giving birth."

Harry's eyes widened. "Giving birth?" he asked and suddenly leaned forward. "You mean…Sirius?"

"Yes, Harry. Sirius has a child. A little girl."

Harry's breath caught in his throat. "So I have…"

"A cousin and yes…she is very much alive."

Harry let out a shaky sigh as he buried his face in his hands. He had a cousin. He had family. Sirius' daughter. He felt the love for her already growing inside him and he never even met her.

"Did Sirius know about her?" Harry asked as he looked up.

"Yes, I told him the summer before your fourth year. He went to visit her at the orphanage as Snuffles."

"Orphanage?" Harry repeated. "She grew up in an orphanage?"

"Yes, Harry."

"Why didn't he tell me about her?"

"For her safety. If Voldemort found out about her, knew you had a cousin she'd be good as dead."

"So why now?" he asked as he got up and started to pace. "Why tell me now?"

"You're an adult wizard now, Harry. I know Sirius wouldn't want anyone rather than you to take care of his daughter."

Harry stood there and stared at him as he took everything in.

"That is…if you want to."

"I want to," he said without any hesitation. "I want to get her out of that orphanage right away, Professor."

Dumbledore smiled. "Harry, she's not at the orphanage any longer."

"Where is she?"

"Why…here of course at Hogwarts," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "She's a Gryfindor of course and from what I hear, you've bet quite a few times."

Harry blinked at the Professor, not understanding quite whom he was talking about. Then it suddenly hit him and thought of the sweet shy little girl who had just found out she was a witch, fresh out of the orphanage. "Emma," he whispered as he sank in the chair. "Emma's my cousin…Sirius' daughter."

"Emma's on her way up. I thought it best that you tell her."

Just then a soft knock interrupted them and Harry turned to see a timid looking Emma standing at the doorway. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

A/N: If there were any typos in there, which I'm sure there was. I'm sorry, I was just way too tired to go over the update again. It was longer than usual and I'm beat. Normally I take the time to check, but I can't even keep my eyes open.

Anyway, thanks for being patient. What can I say? All I've wanted to do was sit around and watch the Olympics. I was so not in the mood to write. However, today I seemed to have opened a gate my words started flooding out of me. Hope you enjoyed the update!