Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys, here's an update. Enjoy!

Also, for those who don't know, go check out my new songfic. It's titled Champagne High

Chapter 39

You would think, Harry pondered as the neat handwriting of Hermione's notes started to blur. That considering he was the only wizard with the power to take on the Dark Lord he would be exempt from NEWTS. But was he? No…of course not.

For the past six weeks he had been cramming for his NEWTS as much as possible. He hardly had time for anything else. He still had his training he had to squeeze in and made time to eat whenever possible, usually after hours in the kitchen. He couldn't remember the last time he had been with Hermione, who had been doing some cramming of her own.

They both studied until their eyelids drooped heavily, then helped each other up the stairs and collapsed in complete exhaustion. They would be lucky if they were awake long enough to give a good night kiss.


Now with four tests over and done with he had one more to complete in thirty minutes. It was the most dreaded of all. Potions. He was determined to nail it. To know ever question in a blink of an eye. He wanted to impress Snape, as weird as that sounded and most importantly he wanted to prove to himself he could do it.

Hermione gazed over and studied Harry. He had his elbows propped on the table, his fingers pulling back his messy hair as he stared at his notes without even blinking. He looked like he was possessed. She touched his arm lightly and jumped when he jumped. "Harry, you need to stop."

"No, no I'm fine," he said rubbing his tired eyes.

"Harry, you know this." She pulled her notes away. "No more studying."

Harry fell back in his chair and blew out a breath. "Isn't that usually my line to say to you?"

"I've decided to switch roles."

They shared a smile then he looked over at Ron on the couch with Luna who was quizzing him on Divination. "How's it going, Ron?"

"Don't ask. Luna won't stop asking me questions."

"Ronald, your test is in fifteen minutes!"

"I realize this." He tore the book away from Luna. "I'll do fine. Besides, Divination is 75% bullshit."

"He does have a point," Hermione smirked.

"I'm glad I took Hermione's advice and bailed Divination," Harry commented.

"Argh!" Draco scowled as he slammed his book closed. "NO more I can't take it!"

Ginny stared at her boyfriend. "Draco, calm down."

"You just wait till your turn, missy!"

"It will be over soon." Harry stood up and collected all his junk. "Let's head on over and get this over with."

"Good idea," Ron said and stood up to stretch. "You know, we should throw a party here…after the NEWTS. Seventh years only. And dates."

"Sounds fun," Ginny said. "Luna and I will spread the word while you guys are testing."

They all walked out of the common room and headed down the hall still planning the party. "Two of us can sneak into Hogsmeade for butterbeer."

"Maybe firewhiskey." Everyone stared at Hermione who then shrugged. "Hey after what we've been through? We deserve it."

Harry grinned at her. "Isn't she fantastic?"

"Yeah, a regular gem," Draco said. "Let's go take this damn thing."

"Good luck, baby," Ginny said giving him a good luck kiss.

"I'll walk you to your test," Luna said to Ron.

"Okay. See you in a few guys."

Draco, Harry and Hermione walked into the room that held the Potions NEWTS to take their last and final test at Hogwarts.

XXXX

Hermione paced the hallway as she waited for Harry to finish his testing. Hermione was the first to finish and just like she was instructed she dropped off her written test at the front and went over to the next room to take the second part which they had to brew five different kinds of potions. She had just been finishing up her last potion when Harry walked in to start on his.

Now she was waiting as she continued to pace the hallway. Every time the door opened she would stop, hold her breath, but when it wasn't Harry, she would blow it back out and start pacing again.

This went on for about thirty minutes before Harry finally did come out, with Draco trailing behind him. The instant she saw the smile on his face, she knew he had passed it with flying colors. She ran to him laughing as she threw herself at him, wrapping her legs around him and hugged him fierce.

Harry laughed as he caught her, stumbling back as he did and happily obliged when she started kissing him over and over again. "Wow, if I knew this was waiting for me I would have tried to finish sooner."

"Hey, what about me?" Draco pouted.

"Go find, Ginny," Harry said. "This one's mine."

"Oh stop," Hermione laughed as she wiggled her way down and gave Draco a kiss on the cheek. "Congrats."

"Thanks," he grinned.

"I'M FREEEEEE!!!"

The three turned to the loud booming voice to see Ron running down the hallway like a madman hooting and hollering. He stopped once long enough to pick up a poor first year girl from Ravenclawe, spin her in a circle while she shrieked, put her down and continued on with his raving.

"Draco, who I once despised and wished a slow painful death. Here, give us a hug!"

Draco grunted when Ron pulled him into a brotherly hug. "Lay off, Weasley!" Draco pushed him away once he got over the shock that Ron was actually hugging him.

Ron pulled away and turned to Hermione. "Ah, my savior who always busted my arse to study." He grabbed her face with his hands and gave her a loud smacking kiss on the mouth, causing Hermione to laugh breathlessly.

"Hey, go find your own woman to kiss," Harry protested as he pulled him away.

"Ah, Luna, the love of my life! I must fine her!"

"He's mental!" Harry exclaimed. "He's finally cracked."

"I'm going to fine, Ginny," Draco said shaking his head as he walked. He only smiled to himself when his back was turned. Who knew having weird friends was so entertaining?

"Let's go," Harry took he hand and tugged her along.

"Go? Go where?"

"To a broom closet. It's been awhile since I've had my hands on you."

"Oh." She then sighed dreamily, almost as bad as Luna. "Okay."

XXXX

I know this was short, but I promise my next update will be a little longer and I won't take as long. This was just a little filler.