Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys. Sorry it is taking so long it's been kind of crazy for me and it's only going to get crazier. I probably won't get a full update in quite awhile with my birthday and Thanksgiving coming up, so I thought I'd give you guys a sneak preview of the next chapter. Just to hold you guys off until I can update a longer chapter.

So, enjoy the sneak preview and I'll write the rest as soon as I can!

Harry Potter, know to be one of the greatest Seekers of the century, was up high on his broom as blurs of red and yellow zoomed below him. Harry would have caught the Snitch by now normally, but today was different because he couldn't focus worth damn. Why exactly? Because instead of his eyes searching frantically for the Snitch, they kept finding there way back to Hermione who was sitting in the stands.

She looked so cute bundled up in her winter robes with her rosy cheeks and beaming smile. She had a scarf wrapped around her neck and of course it reminded him of that night. It had been a week since that night but everything that happened on that balcony was fresh in his mind. He still couldn't believe he kissed her. Why did he ever think that was a good idea? Oh yeah, because it was supposed to be one short friendly peck on the lips and that would be the end of it.

But a short peck on the lips turned to a soft lingering kiss that burned right through him. She had been so sweet and her body so warm. Dammit, Potter! Get your head out of the gutter and back to the game! Now!

He made himself push Hermione into the back of his mind and put the game in the front of it. His eyes narrowed as he searched the skies and found it almost instantly, cursing himself for not noticing it sooner. He shot off like a rocket towards the small golden ball and was on for the chase. He wasn't surprised when he felt the presence of the Hufflepuff seeker at his tail. Yeah right, like you have a chance, he thought with a grin as he let his broom go with a final nudge and his opponent ate his dust.

He saw the Snitch swoop down and he followed suit as he got closer and closer. He was heading towards the stands as he stretched out his arm to grab for it. "Come on, just a little bit closer…"

The snitch was inches away from his fingertips and he finally made a lunge for it. He felt his fingers clasp over the small twittering ball, but at a cost he lost his balance and felt himself start to slip. He hung on as long as he could but finally fell off his broom and landed right in the middle of the crowd. Someone had caught his legs, but his head fell right on top of someone's lap and heard the roar of the crowd.

He blinked up to see the face of his best friend beaming down at him as the rest of the crowd bombarded him with pats and shouts of congratulations. His head had landed in Hermione's lap and he continued to look up at her dumbly until finally she leaned her face down close to his own. "Nice catch," she said only loud enough for him to hear her and then shocked him down to his toes when she gave him a loud smacking kiss right on his mouth.

She pulled back chuckling down at him as he still looked up at her stunned. Before he could even register what had happened, he felt himself being pulled away by his teammates. He managed to give Hermione a quick grin just before he was taken and swarmed by the members of his team. Someone had handed him back his broom and he was back in the air again, but his mind and thoughts were still back in Hermione's lap.