Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 15

"See you around ladies," Ron said to the compartment full of fifth year girls.

"Bye Ron," they serenaded as they giggled and waved at him.

Ron grinned as he closed the door, but jumped when he turned and saw Luna standing there with her hands on her hips. "Er…hey Luna."

"Ronald, you cannot give away points to girls just based on their looks," she complained in a huffed annoyed voice.

"Sure I can," he said cheekily as he made his way down the narrow hallway of the train.

"Oh please," she exasperated. "They were just using you to get points."

"So," Ron said with a shrug. "I was still enjoying myself. What were you doing? Eavesdropping outside the door?"

Luna stopped and turned to him. "It was quite difficult not to hear the giggling going on in there. Besides, I think your flirting is quite lame."

Ron's jaw dropped when Luna turned on her heel and walked off. "Excuse me?" he said as he caught up with her. "My flirting is not lame."

"Ha!" she laughed as she kept walking. "Any girl who falls for you flirting is foolish."

His brow lifted. "Is that so?"

"That is so," she said firmly and lifted her chin and kept walking towards the back of the train.

His flirting is lame, huh? "Yeah, well…we'll see about that," he mumbled under his breath and went after her.

Luna felt someone grab her arm and pull her around. She yelped when she fell against someone's hard chest and tilted her head up to see Ron's face looming above hers. "Ron, what…"

"Has anyone ever told you," he murmured as he backed her against the wall. "That your eyes are as blue as the sky?"

Luna's jaw dropped along with her stomach. "Um…I, uh…." She swallowed her jumbled words and finally just shook her head. "No."

The corner of Ron's mouth shifted as he looked into her wide blue eyes and noticed that they were the color of the sky. He was just saying a line to prove a point, but in reality it was the truth. "I also like your freckles across your nose," he said as he brushed his finger across them. "They're rather cute."

She swallowed again. "Y-yeah…I guess."

"Your skin's soft too." He cradled the side of her face and was surprised when she closed her eyes. "Very soft," he mumbled as he watched her.

She opened her eyes. "I use a…special cream," she managed to say as her heart flew up to her throat.

He smiled. She really was rather cute when she was nervous. "Luna?" he said in a low tone as he moved his head closer to her.

Her wide eyes stared. "Yes?"

He grinned. "Still think my flirting is lame?"

Ron watched her eyes turn from dreamy, to confused to absolute fury. "Ronald!" she yelled and angrily shoved him away. "That wasn't funny!"

Ron chuckled. "Sure it was. I just proved you wrong, something I can't do very often."

She scowled at him. "The only thing you proved is what a complete git you are, Ronald Weasley!"

Ron continued to grin as he watched her walk off. She sure was something, he thought as he followed her to be back. What exactly he didn't know. He caught up with Luna just as she was fiddling with the slide door of Harry and Hermione's private compartment.

Once she got it open she walked in and he followed but ran into her when she stopped suddenly. He stumbled a bit and grabbed her hips for balance, then looked over her shoulder to see a young girl looking up at him. "Hey," he said with a smile. "Emma right?"

"That's right," she said as she closed her book. "Your Ron. Harry and Hermione's friend."

He grinned. "That I am."

"What are you doing here, sweetie?" Luna finally asked as she silently wished Ron would remove his hands. She was still a bit shaking up from his so called flirting.

"I wanted a place to read and they let me stay here. They fell asleep though." She stood up from her seat. "I'm going to head back to my compartment."

After Emma left, Ron and Luna both looked over at the end of the compartment to see Harry and Hermione asleep in each other's arms. "Oh, that's so sweet," Luna said dreamily.

Ron didn't know what exactly to think about the scene before him. Once he used to like Hermione, however, she didn't return his feelings. It took him awhile to get over it; in fact a little part of him was still getting over it. That's why he flirted with girls; it took his mind off his feelings for Hermione. He knew a relationship with her would never work, but it didn't mean it hurt any less.

"Oh where's Collin when you need him," Luna said with a giggle as she turned towards Ron.

"Huh?" Ron said distracted and tore his eyes from his friends to Luna.

"Collin," she repeated. "With his camera."

"Oh," he said and took his hands away from her hips and shoved them in his pockets. "Right."

Luna's smile fell from her face. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said with a shrug. "Listen, why don't you wake those two up. We're almost there. I'm going to find the rest of the prefects."

She continued to look worried but nodded her head. "All right."

Ron gave her a small smile. "And I'm sorry about earlier. I guess I was being kind of a jerk."

She laughed softly. "Yes, you were. That's okay though."

He smiled. "Well, if it helps…even though I was trying to prove a point…" He bent his head towards hers until his lips hovered next to her ear. "I meant every word."

He then winked at her and left a very stunned Luna standing in the middle of the compartment. "Oh, it helps Ronald Weasley," she said to herself with a smile on herself. "It helps a lot."

AN: I know it's a short one, but I don't know exactly what route to take next, so I'll have to do some more thinking. Hopefully I'll update this week sometime!