Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

CHAPTER 22

Harry and Hermione met their dates at the front of the castle and then together made the way towards Hogsmead. Harry and Lavender walked slightly in front of Hermione and Terry as Lavender jokingly told him they missed him in Dinivation. "It's not nearly as exciting anymore, she hasn't made one death omen all year."

He laughed. "Well, I can honestly say I don't miss that class."

"So guys, where should we go?" Terry asked, as they got closer to the town.

"Oh!" Lavender exclaimed. "There's this cute little coffee shop that a lot of couples go to that…"

"NO!" Harry and Hermione both said loudly, causing Lavender to jump.

"Well, sorry…it was just a suggestion."

"Sorry Lav," Harry said as he shared a laugh with Hermione. "It's just that, my last date I went on, we went there and it was a complete disaster."

"Harry vowed never to step foot in it again," Hermione said with a giggle.

Terry laughed softly. "So, you two must know each other pretty well?"

"Are you kidding?" Harry asked as he turned around and walked backwards. "I know Hermione better than anyone."

"Well, I doubt that," Hermione said with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh really?" Harry laughed. "You think I don't know you?"

"Well, of course you do, but you don't know me THAT well."

He lifted a brow. "Really? Do other people know that it's literally impossible for you to go into a bookstore and NOT buy a book?"

She gasped. "That's not true!"

He chuckled. "You think so?" They stopped right in front of the bookstore and gestured his hands towards it. "Prove it. I bet you can't go in there for at least ten minutes without buying a book."

"This is ridiculous," she said stubbornly.

"She really can't go in there without buying a book?" Lavender asked intrigued.

"Yep. Impossible," Harry said with confidence.

"Fine!" Hermione spat. "I'll go in there and walk right back out without a book in my hands. Just to shut you up."

"Okay, but you have to be in there for at least ten minutes and you have to really scan the bookshelves. No cheating."

She lifted up her chin. "And what's the bet?"

"If you win, I promise to study with you for three consecutive Saturdays in a row."

She put her hands on her hips. "Four."

"Fine," he sighed. "And if I win, you have to do something with me that's against the rules."


She let out a laugh. "Yeah, like that's not anything new."

"Yes, but now that we're Head Boy and Girl, you've lost your edge."

She huffed out a breath. "Fine. Prepare to lose, Potter."

Harry watched with a grin as she spun around and marched into that bookstore with confidence. Merlin, he adored her. Absolutely adored her. "She doesn't have a chance."

"You sure about that?" Terry asked. "I mean, come on. No one can be that obsessed with books."

Harry gave him a look. "Than you obviously don't know my Hermione."

Terry lifted a brow and shared a look with Lavender. 'My Hermione?' he mouthed to her and Lavender replied with a hopeless shrug.

"Oh, here she comes," Harry said after a moment of silence.

"Looks like she has no book in her hands," Terry smirked.

"Yeah, well…we'll see about that," Harry muttered.

Hermione stopped in front of Harry and lifted her stubborn chin to him. "Well, Potter…you lose."

"Open your bag."

Hermione sighed but did as she asked. "See, no new book."

Harry still wasn't convinced so he reached out his hands and started patting the pockets of her robes. He saw her press her lips tightly together and advert her eyes away, which was a clear sign of guilt. However, her pockets were empty.

"See? I told you I could do it," Hermione said as Harry still ran his hands inside her robes as he searched.

"Come on, Harry you lost," Terry said with a hint of annoyance.

"One last place to look," Harry said as he rested his hands on her hips, then slid them around to the small of her back and slowly trailed his hands up. His eyes stayed lock with hers and he grinned when his hands hit something hard just above her shoulder blades. "Why Hermione…what on earth could that be?"

Hermione scowled at him before finally pushing him away. "It wasn't fair!" she said as she reached up and removed the book she stuck on her back with a sticking charm. "I was looking for this edition of this book for ages!"

Harry shrugged. "Too bad, a bets a bet and you lost."

"Ugh…all right, fine. So you know me better than anyone, big deal. I know YOU better than anyone."

"So what, now we're going to have a bet about that?" Lavender asked with a sigh.

"No need," Harry said with a laugh. "I know Hermione knows me better than anyone, I'm not going to dispute that. Why don't we head for Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer?"

"Sounds good," Terry said and gave Hermione a small smile. "Get us a chance to talk."

XXXX

The Three Broomsticks was packed but they managed to find a small circular booth just big enough for four. Harry slid in one side of the booth while Hermione did the same and they met in the middle. Terry was sitting next to Hermione on one end and Lavender sat across from him on the other, next to Harry.

"I don't think I've ever seen it this packed," Terry said.

"Me either," Harry said. "We should probably go up to the bar to get the drinks, it might take awhile for someone to come up and take our orders."

"Okay," Terry said as he scooted out of the booth.

"Let me go since your trapped," Lavender said as she scooted out.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure, no sense of you getting out."

"Well, here," he said giving her his money. "Get what you want."

"Thanks Harry."

Lavender followed Terry through the crowd over to an open spot at the bar. Unfortunately, Madame Rosmerta was on the other side of the bar with her hands full so they had to wait. "So, did you get the impression that we have competition?" Terry asked Lavender as they waited.

"Yes," she said with a laugh. "But it doesn't bother me."

"Why?" Terry asked. "I asked Hermione out….me…not Harry."

"Yes, but its Harry. Honestly, Terry they're inseparable."

"Well, they're friends, of course they would be."

Lavender gave him a sympathetic smile. "For now, yes. Look, Terry I'm sorry for being blunt, but I've lived with them for six years. We all knew it was inevitable one day."

Terry sighed as he looked over at Harry and Hermione who were leaning close together so they could hear each other over the crowd. "So…I'm pretty much wasting my time."

"Hey," Lavender said as she placed a hand over his. "Don't look so glum…you'll find someone."

"Yeah, right," Terry said as he turned back to the bar. "I'm a dork."

"Dorks can be sexy you know," Lavender said with a grin.

His brows lifted. "Really?"

Lavender giggled. She had to admit, he was pretty adorable. "Really. And besides, dork or not, everyone struggles with finding someone. Me included."

"Please," Terry snorted. "Your beautiful, you could have any guy you wanted."

"That's not true, not a lot of guys come up to me."

"That's because everyone is intimidated by you," Terry said. "I can name five guys I know alone that has or had a crush on you. Including me."

She smiled. "You had a crush on me?"

"Have…present tense. You have nothing to worry about, you'll find someone."

"Why didn't you ask me out?"

"Huh?" He blinked. "Me? Ask you out? That's funny."

She scowled. "I don't see the humor in it."

"Lav…please, you're way out of my league."

"Says who?"

"Well…everyone," he said with a shrug. "It's no big deal."

"Yeah, it is," She said almost angrily as she slammed down her mug.

Terry jumped. "Lav…"

"I would have said yes."

"Lavender, I didn't mean to…wait, what?"

She almost smiled. "I would have said yes you git!"

He frowned. "But…I don't get it. You're…you…and I'm…me."

She giggled. "Terry, that didn't make sense."

"But…"

"Look, I happen to think that a guy needs to have more than looks. You have that, plus your sweet and considerate. Girls like that you know."

Terry blushed in embarrassment. "I had no idea."

"Too bad, now we're on dates with other people."

"Who we don't have a chance with," Terry pointed out.

"Right." Lave grinned. "Let's ditch them."

His eyes widened. "W-what? We can't do that!"

"Why not?" She asked and then gestured over to them. "They probably already forgot all about us. Let's go." She smiled softly as she took his hand in hers. "We can have our own date."

Terry swallowed a nervous lump in his throat as he stared at her beautiful blue eyes. He still couldn't believe someone like her was interested him. "Okay," he finally managed to say. "Let's do it."

Madame Rosmerta smiled at them. "What can I get you two?"

Lavender gave her Harry's money. "Two butterbeers over to that table in the far corner." She then grabbed Terry's hand and pulled him through the crowd.

XXXX

"Uh-oh," Harry said as he saw Lavender lead Terry towards the front of the pub.

"What?"

"Looks like we're being ditched," Harry said nodding his head over towards them.

Hermione looked over to see Lavender and Terry giggling as they walked out the door. "Well. I think I beat you at the most pitiful first date ever."

Harry covered his hand over hers that rested on the table. "I'm sorry."

She shrugged. "It's okay. I'm honestly not that upset, I didn't really see it going anywhere."

"Really?" Harry asked unsure.

"Yeah, he's nice but…not for me."

Madame Rosmerta came up to the table and placed to mugs of Butterbeer in front of them. "These are for you…and here's your change, Harry."

"Thanks," he said as he took the change and shoved it in his pocket. "You know, they'll be other dates, Hermione."

She sighed after taking her first sip. "I know."

"And other chances for first kisses," he said playfully nudging her.

She gave him a small smile. "I know, it's just…"

"What?" he asked as he gently pulled back her hair that curtained her face.

"It's just that…I always pictured my first kiss here…at Hogwarts, you know?"

"Yeah," he said as he rubbed her back. "Well, hey…you know what? I promise that if no one has kissed you by graduation…I'll kiss you."

Hermione blinked up at him, stunned. "Really? You would…do that for me?"

Harry chuckled softly. "Hermione…Considering I'd die for you, I think I'll be able to kiss you."

"Oh, Harry," she said softly as she leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "You're so sweet to say that," she mumbled against his chest.

Harry blushed slightly, but didn't hesitate circling his arms around her. "I meant it." He kissed the top of her head. "Every word."

"You want to know something?" Hermione asked after awhile as she leaned back slightly to look up at him.

"What's that?"

"When I pictured my first kiss…it was on the Astronomy Tower and the person who was kissing me…was y…"

Hermione's last word was drowned out by a loud explosion, which caused the front door of the pub to blow up into pieces. Harry immediately pulled Hermione to the floor, under the table and knocked it over, giving them protection. Laughter, which filled the room moments ago, was now filled with screams of terror.

"Well look what we got here," a voice said from the front of the pub. Hermione and Harry peaked up from behind the table to see Bellatrix and a group of Death Eaters guarding the door. "This is going to be fun."

Then chaos began as spells when in every direction and they took cover. "Harry!" Hermione exclaimed. "We have to try and make sure no one gets hurt!"

Harry knew she was right. Most of them were just kids for Merlin's sake. They looked up over the table, prepared to fight but were shocked at what they saw. The students weren't cowering in fear…they were fighting back with full force. Harry looked at each person fighting in awe and slowly began to realize that the students fighting were…"

"Harry! They're from the D.A! They're fighting back!"

Harry felt a surge of pride as he grabbed her hand. "Then let's help and fight with them."

After giving him a squeeze of her hand, they both leapt over the table together and started to fight. Harry saw a Death Eater corner a group of three-year girls, so he aimed and shot him the stunning curse, causing him to slam over a table. He saw the girls retrieve their wands they once lost and fought back without another thought.

He could hear Hermione in the background, yelling out spells while he kept up with his fighting. Dodging flashes of light as he made his way to the Death Eaters. They were winning. Slowly, one by one Death Eaters began to Disapparate as they began to move them out of the pub. Bellatrix was the only one left and down on her back, exhausted and out of breath. "Well, look what we have here," Harry said as he towered over her. The students hovered around him, supporting him just in case she tried anything on him.

"What are you going to do? Kill me, Potty?" she asked mocking him with a sneer.

Harry smirked. "Kill you? And miss the chance of you having to go tell your precious Dark Lord that you were beaten by a bunch of kids. No way…that's priceless."

She scowled up at him while the students snickered at Harry's remark. "It isn't over, Potter! The Dark Lord will defeat you!"

"You tell Voldemort that if he plans to succeed he's going to have to try awfully hard." He pointed his wand right in front of her face. "I'm not going anywhere."

Bellatrix sneered at him long and hard as if she was egging him to break contact. He never did and then finally she Disapparated. Harry lowered his wand and took a deep breath before turning to face his fellow students. "I can't tell you how proud I am of everyone here. Well done everyone."

"Harry!" a voice said in alarm.

Harry quickly moved through the crowd until they cleared and his heart dropped when he saw two young girls kneeling by a body lying on the ruined floor.

It was Hermione.