Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 41

Hermione awoke from a deep sleep at the slight shaking of the bed she was sleeping on. She shifted onto her back and her eyes fluttered open to see Harry sitting on the edge of the bed. He had one leg cocked up on the bed as he tied his trainers which was the reason of the bed's slight jiggling. The familiar scent of Irish spring made her realize he was freshly showered and his naked back was still slightly damp. He had on a pair of jeans but had yet pulled on a shirt.

She sat up and crawled up behind him as she snaked her arms around his waist and pressed her naked chest against his bare back. She didn't say anything as she rested her chin on his shoulder and waited for him to speak. When he finished tying on his last shoe he put his foot on the floor and turned his face slightly toward hers, causing her to lift her head off his shoulder so she could look at him. "I have a meeting with the Order at six."

She dropped a kiss on his shoulder. "Why so early?"

"I told Dumbledore I wanted it as early as possible." He placed a hand over her joined fingers that was resting on his stomach. "The sooner I'm out the more I can spend the rest of the day with you."

She sighed as she rested her cheek against his. "How long will you be?"

"I should be out by noon." He shifted slightly so he could kiss her then got up on his feet to finish getting dressed. He grabbed a simple gray T-Shirt and pulled it over his head. "Will you do me a favor and have you and Emma meet me in the common room at noon? I need to tell her."

"Sure, Harry no problem."

Harry looked at Hermione who was still draped in his sheets looking tired with dark circles under her eyes. He reached out and traced a finger over the dark smudges. "Try to get some more sleep." He cupped the tip of her chin and tilted her head up. "I didn't let you sleep much last night."

Hermione grabbed his wrist before he could pull away. "You needed me."

He nodded. "I did." Harry's heart ached at the remembrance of their night together. They hardly spoke at all. Harry couldn't remember ever needing someone so much. After he had her he wanted her again and again until finally they both were too exhausted to function any longer and slipped into a deep sleep.

"And I needed you just as much." She pulled at his arm until he leaned down for a soft kiss. "Go to your meeting. Emma and I will be waiting."

He nodded slightly before kissing her again. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

After he was gone Hermione snuggled herself in his sheets and took a deep breath as she closed her eyes. His scent still lingered in the air and the comfort in that put her right back to sleep.

She slept for a good three hours before she finally dragged herself out of bed and into the shower. She stayed longer than usual letting the hot spray wake her up until the water turned cold. Dressed in jeans and a light pink blouse she headed for breakfast, although her appetite wasn't as strong as normal. She made herself eat two slices of bacon and half of buttered toast with jam. It was all she could stomach. Knowing this would be the last day with Harry before he left played at the back of her mind.

He was coming back, she assured herself as she made her way to the Gryffindor common room. He had to come back. She couldn't live without him. She couldn't imagine waking up knowing Harry wouldn't be there. The thought started to bring tears in her eyes so she stopped to give her a minute, forcing them back before a single tear could be shed. She didn't want Emma to see her this way she had to be strong.

She took another breath and once her eyes were dry she headed on but didn't get far when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She turned around to see Ron trotting down the corridor to catch up to her. "Ron. What are you doing here? I thought you'd want to spend time with Luna."

"Well, I was just with her actually and when I told her Harry had a meeting till noon she yelled at me for not being with my best friend." He put an arm around her and flashed his teeth. "She was right."

"Oh Ron," she sighed as she leaned her head against his shoulder. "You didn't have to."

"Course I did. Everyone knows that Luna calls the shots in our relationship."

She felt the trickle of laughter escape her. "I do love you, Ron."

"Oh." He stopped and looked at her. "Well now. I think I might make a fool out of myself and cry a bit."

Laughter danced in her eyes as she looked up at him. "You? Cry?"

"If anyone could make me cry it be you." He nudged her playfully with his hip. "You're my girl."

"I thought Luna was you're girl," she said playfully although she was deeply touched.

"She's the love of my life," he corrected with a wink. "You're my girl."

She smiled and put an arm through his. "I feel better now."

"That was my goal. Now. Where are you off to?"

"To find Emma. Harry wants me to tell her to meet us at the common room. Harry should be out of the meeting soon."

"I'll go with you." He said the password to get into Gryffindor tower. "I'll stay with you till Harry gets back."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know this is a short one, but I promise I have more time now to update. My best friend got married this weekend, and I've known him since the first grade. He was the first to tie the knot in our little group. My traveling has come to an end for awhile, so I should have more time. I'd try and write more, but I'm too tired from watching my Mavricks play tonight. It was so close I'm sure my neighbors hate me from screaming so loud! But we pulled it off and now we're up 3-2 in the series. Wahoo! Anyway, thanks again for all those great replies and for those of you who haven't checked it out, go read Champagne High! I only have 22 replies and I think I have more readers than that!