Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Here's another chapter! Not too long, but don't worry this isn't the last chapter. One or two more to go after this. Probably one, but it will be long and it will be final. How sad! Thanks again for everything

Chapter 46

Standing in front of the mirror with a belly full of nerves and anticipation, the bride looked at herself with vast approval. She had to admit, she looked gorgeous, a feat for her to usually look although her soon to be husband would disagree.

She blew out a breath as she laid a shaky hand on her unsettling stomach. "I hope he's a nervous wreck like me."

"Oh, don't worry he is…even worse."

The bride turned to the sound of one of her bridesmaid and beamed at a very pregnant Hermione. "Is he really?"

"Are you kidding?" she asked as she closed the door behind her. "I left my husband to coach his breathing through a paper bag."

Luna smiled. "I don't know why he's so nervous, he's the one who was determined to get married during Easter weekend. I have to go back to school in two days."

Hermione smiled as she fussed over her train. "He wants to take you on the honeymoon right after you graduate. No hesitations. He loves you." Their eyes locked in the mirror. "You make a very pretty bride."

"Not as pretty as you did," Luna sighed as she recalled how Hermione looked in her simple white satin gown as she stood by Harry at the lake while they exchanged their vows.

"Please. I was a nervous wreck."

"You couldn't tell. You were practically glowing."

"It was one of the happiest moments of my life." Standing behind her she grabbed her shoulders. "And now you'll get to experience it."

"Knock, knock." Harry stuck his head in. "Guys allowed?"

"Only guy not allowed is Ron and you are always welcome."

"Wow Luna," he said as he stood by Hermione. "If my wife wasn't almost pregnant with my child and the love of my life, I'd suggest we go run away together."

She giggled as Hermione rolled her eyes. "And if I wasn't head over heels in love with Ron, I might have taken you up on it." She stepped up to him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks again, for agreeing to give me away."

Harry playfully tucked her chin. "I'm touched you asked me and I'm honored to do it." He slipped an arm around Hermione. "But first I have to waddle this one down the isle. Ow!" Harry rubbed the back of his head where Hermione smacked him. "Jeez, baby."

"I do NOT waddle," she said and turned on her heel and headed out.

Harry cocked his head as he watched his wife walk like a duck. "Doesn't she waddle beautifully?" he whispered to Luna.

"I heard that!" Hermione called out.

Harry winced at Luna, then ran after her and met her at the stairs. "Now, wait a second, let me help you." He grabbed her elbow to keep her steady. "Did you walk up these shaky stairs by yourself?"

"I cast a protection spell around my stomach before I went up."

Harry stopped at the foot of the stairs and placed a hand over the swell of her belly. "How are you feeling?"

"Besides feeling clumsy, fat, my swollen ankles and my incontrollable gas…I'm all right."

"Nice. Could have gone without hearing about the gas, though." He framed her face and kissed her forehead. "You look radiant."

She sighed a little. "You're just trying to soften me up after your waddling comment."

"Yeah," he agreed as he ran his hands over her hair. "Is it working?"

She leaned up to kiss him. "Like a charm."

"There you two are," Ginny said wearing the identical periwinkle dress the same as Hermione, yet her stomach was flat as a board.

Hermione sighed in envy. Oh, how she missed being skinny. "Wedding about to start?"

"Yes, yes," she hurried them towards the gardens of the burrow. "Draco and I are about to walk down the isle, and Harry you need to get the bride after you waddle this one down."

Harry scowled. "For the last time, I do NOT waddle!"

The wedding was held in the Burrow's garden which was covered in rainbow color flowers especially planted for the wedding. Only close family and friends attended the wedding, happily looking on as the couple exchanged their vows.

Hermione told herself she wasn't going to cry, even though Harry told her she would, but when she saw Ron's eyes shimmer with tears and his voice crack with emotion, she couldn't help herself. Ron, who once she said had the emotion full of a teaspoon, was close to loosing it at his wedding.

She dabbed her eyes with her emergency tissue she had hidden in her bouquet and clapped along when Ron kissed his bride, then laughed through her tears when he picked up Luna and twirled her in a circle.

Harry smiled at his wife as he walked up to her, kissing her softly before he followed Ron and Luna down the isle. "I told you you'd cry."

"I'm almost nine months pregnant and Ron cried…cried, Harry. I never thought I'd see the day." She sniffed as she got misty again just thinking about it it. She went straight to the bride and groom and launched herself at her dearest friend. "Oh, Ron!"

"Woah," Ron said stumbling back as he caught her. "Careful, Hermy, your stomach's going to knock me down."

"Oh, hush! I'm so happy for you."

He grinned as he wiped her tears away. "Thanks, Hermione." He placed a hand on her belly. "How are you feeling?"

"Don't ask her that," Harry said who had just finished hugging Luna. "She'll start talking about gas again."

Hermione swatted his arm. "Harry Potter, that's no way to….oh!"

Harry paled when Hermione gripped his arm and went completely still. "Hermione, what is it?"

"Uh-oh," she mumbled as she looked down at her feet where a liquid pool collected.

"Merlin," Harry whispered.

Ron's eyes widened. "Er…that's okay Hermione, we can just…"

"Oh for Merlin's sake Ron, I didn't just pee on myself, my water just broke!"

"Your water?" he asked still confused as his wife rolled her eyes behind him. "Oh…that water? Bloody hell!"

Hermione's eyes started to fill again as she fanned herself. "Oh, I'm so sorry Luna, this is your wedding night and I…"

"Don't you worry, honey," she said hugging her tight. "Ron, go get your mother."

"Hey guys, what's all the commotion?" Ginny asked as she made her way through the guests with Draco trailing behind her.

"Hermione's in labor," Harry said as he started to coach her breathing.

"Holy shit!" Ginny's eyes popped open. "Seriously?"

"The baby's coming?" Draco asked. "Now?!"

"Bad timing," Hermione breathed.

Mrs. Weasley appeared through the crowd. "There you are, it's okay sweetie." She cupped her face and smiled. "Keep breathing honey, that's it. Harry, do you have the emergency portkey?"

"What?" His pale face left Hermione's and stared. "What? Oh…" He started padding his pockets.

"It's around your neck, sweetie," Hermione panted.

"Oh yeah!" He pulled the string necklace with a golden baby rattler charm dangling from it. He quickly activated it as the doctor had instructed him and put it around both their necks. "We have about two minutes before it works."

"Good, that's good," Mrs. Weasley said. "We'll be right along to check on you."

"Oh, but the party," Hermione protested. "I don't want you to miss it."

"We'll Apparrate back and forth and check on you. You don't have the baby right away, these things take time." She patted her hand to reassure her. "Why, I was in labor with Ron for thirty-three hours."

"Thirty-three hours?!" Harry exclaimed. "Bloody hell!"

Hermione groaned as she gripped Harry's hand. "Not the time, Harry."

He winced a little under Hermione's firm grip. "Er…right." He let out a shaky breath and turned to her. "Hey." He cradled her face with his hands. "We're going to have a baby."

She gave him a wobbly smile and as their lips met in a soft kiss, their two minutes were up and they were lifted off the ground.

Once they were gone, Ron let out a whoop. "Let's get this party started." He kissed his wife and lifted her off the ground. "We now have two reasons to celebrate!"