Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated Four of Hearts yet, but I was sick all day yesterday. I have some viral infection. I had to get x-rays, my blood taken and pee in a damn cup, lol. So I haven't been up to writing lately. TO make it up to you, here's a long chapter of Circle of Friends. I'm trying to get you guys caught up. I promise I'll try and write more of 4 of Hearts this weekend. Thanks for being patient!

XX

Chapter 4

"What do you mean missing?!" Ron exclaimed as he shot forward in bed.

"Ron, calm down," Luna said as she pushed him back down. "You're going to have a stroke."

"Lay off, I'm fine," he muttered scowling at her and then turned back to Ginny and Draco. "What happened?"

"No one knows for sure," Draco replied shaking his head. "Tonks arrived over an hour ago, which means Harry and Hermione should be here by now."

"But they're not," Ron said and then angrily shoved off the covers.

"What do you think you're doing?" Luna demanded when he started to get out of bed.

"Do you honestly expect me to just lay here while my friends are out there?"

"Ron, you are in no condition," Ginny argued. "Besides, the Order is taking care of it."

He ignored her and tried to stand up, but he felt light headed and his knees buckled. Luna was at his side at once, wrapping her arm around his waist. Ron had no choice but to put his arm around Luna's neck. He hated this. He hated being this weak and useless. Luna tried to get him back in bed, but he resisted. "Just give me a minute."

Luna rolled her eyes. "Why is everyone in your family annoyingly stubborn?"

"Hey," Ginny said slightly offended.

Draco leaned close to her. "She does have a point." He grunted in pain when Ginny responded by elbowing him in the gut.

"Get back in bed, Ron," Luna insisted. "You are in no shape to do anything but get some rest."

"I can't just do nothing," he protested even though he didn't fight Luna when she was pulling the covers back over him. "Those are my friends out there."

"I know you feel helpless, Ron," Ginny said. "But there's nothing any of us can do right now but wait."

"Tonks and Lupin are out there right now looking for them," Draco told him. "They'll find them. And you know Harry, he's too stubborn to give up now."

"Right," Ginny nodded. "And Hermione with him and Harry would never let anything happen to her."

Before Ron could respond, Mrs. Weasley walked into the room. "Mum, any word on Harry and Hermione?"

She frowned. "I'm afraid not, but don't you worry..."

"The order is taking care of it," Ron finished and crossed his arms. "Yeah, yeah, so I've heard."

"Draco, dear, Professor Snape is down in the kitchen, he'd like to speak with you."

He nodded. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley," he said and left the room.

"Ginny, would you mind writing to the twins? They should know about this since they are a part of the Order now. Make it short as possible, in case someone intercepts it."

"Okay, Mom."

Once Ginny was gone she turned to Luna. "How's Ron doing?"

"I'm right here you know," he snapped. "I can answer myself."

"Don't be silly, you'll just lie to get out of bed."

"He's doing better," she told her as Ron continued to sulk. "His fever would go down if he would just relax."

"How can I relax with you fussing over me!"

"That's enough, Ron," Mrs. Weasley said firmly. "Luna's been nice enough to take care of you while I've been busy with the Order, you can at least show her some respect." Ron just muttered something under his breath and looked away. "I need to get dinner ready, " she told Luna. "I'll have some soup brought up for him."

"Can't I have solid food, Mum? I'm sick of soup."

"Maybe tomorrow, if you feel better. Yell at me if you need me, Luna dear and feel free to yell at Ron if he gives you a hard time. You have my permission."

She giggled. "Yes, Mrs. Weasley."

"Being sick sucks," Ron grumbled once they were alone.

"Yes, I'm sure it does," she said as she started to fiddle with his covers.

"Will you stop fussing over me like some child," Ron said as he shooed her hands away. "I already have a mother for that."

She froze her actions and looked down at him. Ron could see the hurt in her eyes and he already regretted snapping at her. "Fine, I'll just leave you then, since you obviously want to be alone and feel sorry for yourself." She then huffed out a breath and turned on her heels to leave.

"Luna, wait," he said quickly as he reached out and grabbed her wrist. She slowly turned her head and looked down at his hand then back at his eyes. "I'm sorry," he sighed as he leaned back on his pillows in defeat. "I'm just worried about my friends and feel completely helpless right now. I took my frustration out on you."

"Ron, I know you're worried," she said as she sat down on the edge of the bed next to him. "We all are, they're not just your friends. I know you're closer to them, but that doesn't mean we care any less."

"I know that. It's just...I was really looking forward to spending time with them."

She smiled softly. "I know." She then maneuvered her wrists so she was now holding his hand. She reached up and gently pushed away his bangs.

Ron closed his eyes when he felt her cool hand press against her forehead. "You're still a little warm," she whispered She got up from the bed and walked over to the water basin and picked up the terry cloth that was soaking in it. Mrs. Weasley bewitched it so it would continued to stay cool and never get warm.

"I feel tired all of the sudden."

Luna rung out the water and then carried it back to Ron sitting down next to him. "All that excitement wore you out." She brushed back his bangs again and placed the cool cloth on his forehead. "This will help your fever go down.

He sniffed as he pulled the covers over him. "Is it cold in here?"

"No," she said as she ran her fingers through his hair. "You're not getting any better, you need to rest."

"Okay," he sighed as he felt himself start to drift off. "You have...a nice....touch."

Luna blushed and waited for him to continue, but sleep had finally over taken him.

XXXXX

Harry felt himself slowly start to wake before he even opened his eyes. He felt something warm close next to him and he nudged closer to the unfamiliar comfort. It then shifted and turned towards him, wrapping long limbs around his body as it snuggled closer. He then realized the warm comfort was a human body....a female human body. Confused, he made his eyes start to open blinking in his surroundings. He was outside and looked up to see that he was enveloped in his invisibility cloak. His eyes shifted over to see Hermione still sleeping soundly with her arm draped over his waist and one of her legs tangled with his.

Then suddenly everything came back to him in an instant and his whole body tensed as he snapped his head up in full alert. How could he have been so careless and fall asleep when Death Eaters were lurking? It was daylight, but still slightly dark due to the gray clouds blanketing the sky. He heard a distant roll of thunder and knew it was only a matter of time, before rain would start to fall. They needed to find some kind of shelter, because getting cold and wet would make matters even worse. He placed a hand on her warm shoulder and shook her gently "Hermione."

She mumbled a protest and moved her body against his causing him to blush. "Um...Hermione," he said a little louder. "Wake up."

"Harry?" she said as her eyes fluttered open and met his green speckled eyes. "Harry, what..."

"Hermione, we need to get up." Another thunder clapped and this time it was louder and definitely closer. "We need to try and find shelter."

She looked up and could see the gray clouds rolling in. "Okay....Maybe there's a cave somewhere."

"They took my firebolt last night," he said sadly. "So we're pretty much stuck."

"Oh, Harry, I'm so sorry. Sirius gave that broom to you, I know it means a lot to you."

Embarrassed, he shrugged it off. "Yeah, well no need to dwell on it now. Keeping us alive is what's important." He started to sit up. "Let's get going. Are you okay? Woozy at all?"

She slowly sat up. "A little," she said shakily. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Well, take it easy getting up," he said getting up on his knees while keeping the cloak over them. Harry placed his hand on her forearm as they slowly got up on their feet. "You okay?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I'm....." Hermione hissed out a breath and collapsed forward in pain.

Harry immediately caught her before she fell, wrapping his arms around her waist. "What?" he asked alarmed. "What's the matter?" he asked securing her against his chest.

"My ankle," she winced looking down at her right foot. "I must have hurt it during our not so graceful landing."

"Yeah, not one of my bests," he said softly and then kneeled down to examine it. "Is it broken?"

"I don't think so...I might have sprained it."

Harry gently touched her ankle running his fingers over her skin. "It's pretty swollen." He stood back up and held her up right. "Do you think you can limp on it at all?"

"I....I'll try."

"Here." He handed her the cloak so she could hold it in place, before sliding his arm around her waist. He then lifted her free arm around his neck so he could support her. "Lean against me as much as you need."

"Do you think we need the cloak still?" she asked looking around the trees as if she was searching for Death Eaters.

"No, but it's better to be safe....you ready? Let's head through that little trail over there."

"Okay," she said as she leaned as much as possible for Harry's support and started to limp slowly with him. Harry noticed her wincing and breathing heavily as she took her small steps and he tightened his grip on her hoping to ease the pressure. They went along the small trail that was wide enough to fit the two of them as the branches and twigs would grab the cloak every once in awhile. Harry looked over at Hermione to see pain written all over her face and her eyes were shimmering with tears. "Hold on, hold on....this isn't working."

"No, I'm fine," she said stubbornly.

"You're not fine," he said as he walked in front of her and squatted down. "Hop up."

"What?"

"Get on my back, you need off that ankle," he told her turning around to look at her. "You're in pain, Hermione and I can't bear to watch it." He then nodded his head gesturing to back. "Now up you go."

Hermione finally gave in and jumped up on his back. Harry grabbed under her thighs and yanked her up high and told her all she was in charge of us keeping the cloak together. With that said, he continued on the trail and their pace had quickened considerably. "Are you sure I'm not too heavy?"

He let out a laugh. "Hermione, you're light as a feather," he said as he bent down a bit to avoid a low branch. "Trust me when I say you are far from heavy." Just then another thunder cracked loudly causing both of them to jump and look up at the sky. "Let's just hope we can find shelter. Keep your eyes peeled."