Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys, here's more of Circle of Friends. I'm running late this morning, so I didn't have a chance to re-read it. So if there are small mistakes, I apologize, I just want to get you guys caught up on this one. Sorry for not writing more of Four of Hearts. The ranch was pretty eventful considering. My grandmother and my mom's cousin came on Saturday, so we had to entertain them. Plus, my dad likes to steal my laptop so he can play his free cell, haha. So I didn't get much written. But I'll post some soon, I promise!

Chapter 3

Harry could feel the tears streaming down his face as his speed increased and the cold wind slapped in his face. He was hoping he could fool them...whoever they were....into thinking that they were out of control and that they were going down. "Hang on, Hermione!" he yelled in his ear. "Hold on tight!"
He then did a sloppy twist in the air and started to slow down a tad as the treetops were getting closer.

He quickly swerved to the right to avoid branches and twigs, but it was too dense and he tried his best to block Hermione from anything scraping her face. He saw the ground getting closer and just as he was planning on landing, something caught the tip of the broom and he felt him and Hermione start to buck forward. He heard Hermione scream as they fell to the uneven ground and when he hit the ground, he rolled instantly to decrease the pain. It didn't work that much, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder as his body continued to roll out of control.

He was on his stomach and winced as he lifted his head. "Hermione?" His vision was blurred so he felt along the ground aimlessly for his glasses. He thought he could see Hermione's body lying over to his right and so he frantically began to crawl over to her. Lucky enough, on his way over there he felt his glasses and he quickly put them on and went to her side. "Hermione.."

She was laying on her side, her right arm stretched out as her head lie lifelessly on it. He picked the leaves and twigs out of her hair, caressing the side of her face. "Hermione, wake up...please wake up."

She moaned and her eyes twitched. Relief....the same relief he felt more than once when he found out she was okay, swept through him once again. "You're okay...."

A rustle of branches erupted to his right suddenly and he whipped his head around and opened his ears. "Where'd he land!" a voice said that was way too close. "He and that girl have to be around here somewhere!"

Harry then knew he didn't have much time so he quickly pulled out his invisibility cloak that was hidden inside his Gryffindor cloak. He leapt over Hermione and laid next to her as he quickly flung the cloak over both of them, pulling her close and making sure none of their legs or arms were sticking out. He noticed they were almost right under a prickly bush, so he scooted them both as far as he could under the protective branches "Hermione," he whispered once had them securely out of view "If you hear me...be quiet. Don't make a noise." Just to be safe he gently placed a hand over her mouth and kept his eyes open as he felt someone getting closer.

Sure enough he saw someone break through the clearing and since he was on the ground he couldn't look up high enough and the branches obscured his view. "They shouldn't be far," he heard the man call out to someone.

Not long after, another man came tearing through the clearing. "We need to find them," said a rough cold voice. "The Master will not be please if we fail him."

"Look!" the other man said. "The broomstick...it's in that tree!"

"Spread out!" he yelled to him and the others that were running all around the security of the trees. "They can't have gone far!"

Harry closed his eyes as he tried not to move...not even breath as he held Hermione closer. He almost lost her...again. He almost lost her just a short month ago and his mind started to take him back...back to another forest. Just as dark and just as evil....

It was dark. The full moon above barely seeped through the tops of the trees. Harry stood firm on his feet...very weak from he curses that Voldemort endured on him, but he still stood.

And Voldemort was down.

Harry breathed heavily as he glared down at Voldemort....he could see where Ron was still lying unconscious out of the corner of his eye. Hermione was kneeling next to him. "It's over Voldemoret," Harry said as he lifted his hand where the green flame still flickered and glowed.

"Is it?" he hissed as he leaned up on one of his elbows, looking weak and defeated. "I highly doubt it."

Before Harry could even blink, he watched in horror as Voldemort dove for his wand and pointed at Hermione. He yelled a curse...a curse he had never heard before, but he saw a blue light hit Hermione, causing her to topple over. "HERMIONE!" he yelled as he took a step towards her.

"Don't worry, Potter," he said stopping Harry in his tracks. "She's still alive."

Harry watched Hermione struggle to get up, but the pain seemed to be too unbearable for her. "What did you do to her!?"

He gave him a cold smile. "It's similar to the killing curse....but instead of sudden death...she will suffer."

Harry's stomach and heart dropped. "I'll kill you!"

"Will you?" he asked and laughed...a cold laugh that sent chills down his spine. "I'm not so sure."

Harry looked over at Hermione, with helplessness in his eyes. He didn't want to loose her....he just couldn't.

"As you know, the green flame in your hand is used to kill evil...or safe the life of someone you love."

"Harry, no!" Hermione cried as she lifted her head from the ground. "Don't...do it! Save our world! Kill him!"

"Well, well," he rasped. "Looks like the Mudblood's got guts..."

"Harry! Kill him!" Hermione pleaded.

"Kill me and you will loose her, Potter!" Voldemort hissed back. "She will die a long...suffering....death!"

"Harry....don't.....you have to kill him!"

Harry looked down at Hermione and into her pleading eyes. Could he go on without seeing those brown eyes looking back at him. Could he actually go on without her pushing him to do better? To never see her laugh again? Or smile? No. No, he couldn't. She was what always kept him sane.

"What's it going to be, Potter?" Voldemort cackled. "Will your love for your Mudblood girlfriend, save her?"

Harry barely heard his words he couldn't tear his eyes from Hermione. He watched her crumble in pain as she collapsed back onto the ground. "Hermione, no!" he cried as he threw the green flame directly at Hermione, hitting her right in the chest.

She gasped as her back arched while a green glow filled out through her body. Not thinking about Voldemort, he ran to Hermione, falling on his knees beside her. "Hermione," he said as he lifted her up into his arms. 'It's okay...you're okay."

Her breathing was fast and heavy as she clung to him. Harry knew that Voldemort was already gone. "Why? Why did you do it?" she cried as she clung to him. "It could have ended."

"But the cost would have been the price of your life...and I can't loose you." Harry let her cry in his arms while he closed his eyes and rocked her. "I'm too selfish, Hermione....I need you in my life."

Voldemort gave him a choice...to save the world or save his best friend. It was a no bainer. "Come on." He kissed her forehead. "We need to get Ron to the hospital..."


Harry was jerked out of the memory when he felt Hermione stir. "Shh," he whispered urgently when he saw her eyes open. "Death Eaters."

He watched her eyes widen but she simply nodded in understanding. Harry tightened his grip on her as he laid his head back down and kept his ears open, straining to hear any noise. He could still hear them far off in the distance, but he didn't want to chance moving yet. He leaned close to Hermione until his lips were inches from her ear, so he could speak as softly as he could. "We have to stay here for awhile...maybe for the rest of the night."

"Okay," she whispered shakily.

"They'll quit looking for us at dawn," he whispered. "Just lay quiet and try to get some sleep. I'll be on guard."

"Harry....I highly doubt I'll fall asleep."

"I know," he said softly as he bent his head down until his lips touched her shoulders. "But try."

Hermione shivered again and he scooted her closer and tried to keep her warm.