Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Yea! Two stories updated in one day. Go me! Hope you like!

XXXX

Chapter 6

Draco's steel gray eyes traveled over the informative text as he sat hunched over at his desk. His fingers tensed in his hair, as he tried to ignore the distracting noises next door and concentrate on his potions. He needed to finish his summer essay that Snape assigned them and in order to finish it, he had to read five chapters worth of information. Sounded easy enough, but with the loud bangs and whistles coming from the Weasley twins next door, made it near impossible for him to concentrate. It was amazing to him how much louder the house was as soon as Fred and George stepped into it.

They arrived as soon as they heard about disappearance of Harry and Hermione, but at the same time they never stopped working. He had to hand it to them though; some of the things they came up with were pure brilliant. He suppose that's why they were successful, they did put Zonkos out of business. If someone had told them that the Weasley's would get as rich as his father, maybe even more, he would have laughed in their face. Thanks to the twins, they did and Fred and George were rolling in the Galleons. They took care of their family of course, and even offered to get a new house for the family, but Molly had refused and said that the Burrow held too many memories. He admired her for that.

BANG!

Draco jumped in his seat and cursed softly before slamming his book shut. Finally giving up, he stood up from his desk and decided to head to kitchen. He had studied through lunch and hoped Mrs. Weasley would have some sandwiches put away. Knowing her, he knew she would have noticed his absence and would take the time to save him leftovers. She was just that kind of person. Kind and giving. Two traits he never experienced growing up. As much as he hated to admit, he found a soft spot for Molly Weasley and the more he grew to know her, the more he liked her. She reminded her very much of Ginny.

Ginny. How does one describe her? Stubborn and confident were two easy descriptions. She was a fiery one and had a temper just as deadly. He would know since he was at the end of her temper quite a few times. The fact that he would usually be the cause of it was unimportant. What was important was that Ginny Weasely got under his skin. It was unsettling and he didn't care for it.

He stopped at the doorway of the kitchen and felt that all too familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach every time he saw Ginny. She was sitting at the table with her back halfway to him, so he was able to see her profile. Her head was slightly bent and a curtain of flaming hair hid her face. She sniffed as she pulled the strand behind her ear and he stiffened when he saw a single tear ran down her cheek. He had never seen her cry before, due to the fact that Ginny always wanted to be strong in front of him, like she wanted to proof himself that she was not a little girl anymore and dammit…he admired that.

"Ginny?"

She gasped as she spun around in her seat. "Draco," she said shakily as she wiped her tears away. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough." He walked over to her as she kept wiping her eyes. He sat down next to her on the bench and leaned back against the table. "You okay?"

She tried to laugh it off. "It's silly."

"You're worried about Harry."

Ginny noticed that it was a statement, not a question. "Well, of course, and Hermione."

"Right. Hermione."

Ginny could tell he was holding back something. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just…." He let out a laugh that wasn't at all humorous. "I know how you feel about, Harry and…"

"Oh?" she asked with raising brows. "And how do I feel about him?

"Come on Gin, its no mystery you have a thing for, Potter."

"I do not have a thing for Potter, Draco," she said with almost no emotion. She was tired of trying to get that through peoples minds. What else did she have to do? "I wish people, you especially, would understand that."

"Me especially?" he asked repeating her words slightly confused. "What exactly does that mean?"

"It doesn't matter," she said shaking her had as she stood up. "I'm going to bed."

Draco stood up and grabbed her arm before she could go any further. "No, we're not done talking about this."

She let out an exasperated sigh. "About what exactly? What are we talking about?"

Draco opened his mouth to answer, but closed it when he realized he didn't know what to say exactly. "I…er….ah, I don't know! All I know is that I finally think I'm coming to understand you and then you do a complete one-eighty and I'm all confused again."

"I'm not that damn mysterious, Draco," she said with a little bit of edge in her voice. "You can be so damn clueless!"

"Clueless? What the Merlin are you talking about?!"

She stamped her feet in frustration. "Nothing, just…forget it! You make me crazy, Draco!"

"I make you crazy?" he blurted as he towered over her, standing just inches away from her. "You get under my skin more than anyone I know and I don't like it!" That shut her up and it gave him extreme satisfaction that he managed to shut up Ginny Weasley. He was on a roll, why stop now. "You make me so…so…agitated…uncomfortable, I never know how to act around you half the time. Sometimes I just want to strangle you while other times I want to…"

Ginny swallowed the lump in her throat as she stared up in Draco's smoldering gray eyes. Her heart raced just by looking at him. "Do what, Draco?" she finally managed to ask, her voice trembling.

Draco stood still, taking her in with just his eyes, before finally reaching out to cup the back of her neck. "This," he finally said and yanked her against his hard chest, before his lips came crashing down on hers.

Ginny whimpered against his lips and didn't protest when Draco dragged her closer. She flung her arms around his neck, returning the kiss with as much passion and fire Draco was giving her. She had been kissed before, but never had she felt this alive while another man's mouth was devouring hers. And that's exactly what Draco was doing. Devouring her. She was loving every minute of it.

Draco wrapped one arm around her waist and lifted her up off the floor, kissing her madly while his fingers were tangled in her long flowing hair. She responded to him so easily that it made him burn for her even more. She tasted so sweet he already knew he would become addicted to her. His fingers clenched handfuls of her hair as he deepened the kiss with urgency, backing her up until he dropped her on the kitchen table.

Ginny pulled him to her, welcoming him with open arms. She had so much emotion soaring through her; she spilled it all out in the kiss. Merlin, he was a good kisser. He actually made her toes curl. She didn't think that was actually possible. The next thing she knew, his lips were now traveling down her neck and she was gasping for breath. "Draco," she gasped and gripped handfuls of his hair with her fingers.

"Gin," he breathed as he frantically ran kisses across her face. "Sweet Gin." He captured her lips again on a moan, sliding his tongue over hers, tasting her deeply, not even caring if someone walked into the kitchen. All his thoughts were surrounded by Ginny.

CRACK.

Ginny gasped as they both jumped apart, looking over towards the entrance hall. "Someone just Apparated," she said suddenly pushing him away so she could jump down.

"Ginny, wait," he said running after her. "It could be…" He stopped right behind Ginny to see Harry and Hermione huddled together on the floor.

"Harry! Hermione!" Ginny exclaimed as she ran to them. "Oh you're all right!"

"We're fine," Harry said as he started to help Hermione on her feet. "Draco, help me will you? She twisted her ankle."

Draco immediately went to the other side of Hermione, grabbing her other arm while the two boys helped her on her feet. "Gin, why don't you go get your mom."

Ginny shared a quick look with Draco and found that her heart still raced and her lips still tingled. "O-okay," she finally managed to say before she turned and ran off.

"Lupin and Tonks should be right behind us," Harry said as they brought Hermione to the kitchen.

"I hope they're okay," Hermione said as the boys helped her on the seat. "I'm fine, really…thanks guys."

Harry frowned as he knelt down in front of her. "How does it feel?" he asked as he slid off her shoe, then her stockings, so he could examine it properly.

She winced when he gently probed her ankle. "A little tender."

Draco studied it over Harry's shoulder. "It looks pretty swollen. Mrs. Weasley will probably know how to reduce the swelling."

"Harry! Hermione! Oh, thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley bustled into the kitchen and Draco immediately moved out of her way so she could fuss over them properly. "Are you hurt at all?"

"I'm fine," Harry said as he sat down next to Hermione. "She twisted her ankle pretty good."

CRACK!

"That must be Tonks and Lupin," Mrs. Weasley said as she knelt down to tend to Hermione's ankle.

Ginny shrieked when she saw Tonks lying practically limp in Lupin's arms. "What happened?!"

"She was hit by the Crutiatis Curse pretty bad," Lupin said as he carried her through the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley stood up to help him, but he shook his head. "I'll tend to Tonks, you concentrate on Hermione."

"Will she be okay?" Ginny asked anxiously.

"She'll be okay."

"Of course I'll be okay," Tonks mumbled as she tried to lift her head. "My head hurts like a bi…"

"Okay, Tonks," Lupin interrupted before she could finish her sentence in front of the kids. "Let's get you to bed."

"Put me down will you?" she asked as he carried her out of the kitchen. "I'm quite capable of…"

"Save your breath, Tonks," Lupin said as he took her up the stairs. "I'm carrying you whether you like it or not."

The gang in the kitchen could hear them bickering all the way up the hall, until it was cut off by a bedroom door slamming behind them. Mrs. Weasley stood up after tending to Hermione. "That should help a little, but it will still be hard to walk on for a few days."

When Hermione tried to stand up, Harry grabbed her arm to help her balance. "Thank you, Mrs. Weasley."

"I'm just so relieved you guys are okay. Ron, will be happy to see you two."

."How is he?" Harry asked as he put a secured arm around her waist. "Is he up? Can we go see him?"

"I'm not sure he's up, but of course you can go see him. He'd want to know right away you two were safe. He's in the room you two share. Luna is up taking care of him."

Harry nodded then turned to Hermione. "You up for some stairs?"

"Of course, with your help it won't be too hard."

Harry turned to Ginny and Draco. "You two coming?"

Ginny opened her mouth, but Draco said something first. "I have a potions essay to finish," he muttered and stalked off without another word.

"Um…I think I'm going to go lay down and shut my eyes for awhile," Ginny said with a fake smile. Truth be told, she wanted to talk to Draco about what happened in the kitchen, but obviously Draco did not. Maybe it was best to just forget it ever happened.

"You sure?" Harry asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, besides you three haven't seen each other all summer. I'll see you at dinner."

"Something's bothering her," Hermione said with a frown as she watched Ginny hurry up the stairs. "I don't know what, but I can tell."

"Maybe you can ask about it tonight," he told her. "Might be something girly."

She let out a laugh. "You're probably right." She sighed as she leaned her tired head against his shoulder. "Thank you for keeping me safe."

"You are my best friend." He kissed her temple and felt his heart shudder against his chest. "It's part of my civic duty." He pulled her closer. "Now, let's go conquer some stairs. We have a best friend to see."