Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Well folks, that's a wrap. After this Epilogue it's done. Sorry it took so long to write, but I hope the length makes up for it. It's pretty long. Enjoy!

Epilogue

4 years later

Hermione couldn't stop smiling. She had never been so happy. She was even smiling now as she put her first batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven, even though playing the role as the typical wife cooking in the kitchen annoyed her. It wasn't like she was always in the kitchen anyhow, she left that up to Harry, but she was in the mood to bake. Towards the end of the day, the house would be packed with long time friends, and babies to dote on.

As Hermione was washing her hands, she heard a shriek from outside in the back, so she leaned over and pulled the drapes apart to peer out the kitchen window. She smiled when she saw Jayce, who was now no longer eleven but just turned seventeen, holding a squirming Emma in his arms. It didn't take long to see what was going on, obviously Emma was enjoying laying out by the pool, but Jayce thought she could use a dip.

"Jayce, don't you throw me in!" Emma yelled as he carried her to the diving board.

Hermione saw Jayce whisper something in his ear, then Emma smiled before they jumped into the pool. She wasn't surprised when they came up kissing. Ever since they got together at the end of their sixth year, and ever since he came to visit for the rest of the summer, that's all they did. Harry and herself had walked in on them one too many times. Even though Harry made sure Jayce slept in one of the guest bedrooms, Hermione would bet her life on it that he had snuck in Emma's room after hours. Harry would have done so if the roles were reversed and they were staying at her parents house.

The ding of the oven snapped her out of her daze, causing her to jump slightly. She slipped on her oven mitts and pulled out the first batch. The warm sweet scent of freshly cooked dough and chocolate filled the air and she practically drooled. When she looked down to see a pair of familiar longing eyes looking up at her, she realized she wasn't the only one. "Smell good, don't they Snuffles?"

Their black scruffy family dog that reminded them so much of Sirius let out a soft woof. "Well, too bad, Harry isn't here then. Don't give me that innocent look, I know he slips you scraps when I'm not looking."

Snuffles sat up and nuzzled her legs, wagging his tail. "Don't you suck up to me," she said even though she was already kneeling down to his level and scratched his ears. "Miss James and Harry, do you? Don't worry, they'll be back soon. Little League practice should be over soon." Hermione smiled as she cuddled Snuffles, remembering the night they had found him, or she should say the night he found them.

It was their first night in the house Harry had surprised her with. It was exactly like the house she had described him that night at the Burrow on his birthday. They had rocked together on the porch swing as they watched the sun go down.

"I love porch swings," she sighed as she looked up at the few stars that were making an appearance. "It reminds me of when I was little and visited Gram."

"Gram?" he asked as he continued to slowly rock them with his feet. "I don't think I ever heard you talking about her."

She smiled. "I don't remember her a lot, she died when I was seven. I do remember visiting her during the summer at her house. She had a porch that wrapped around her entire house and a porch swing in the front. I remember sitting in it, thinking that one-day I'd have a house like this."

"Well, knowing you Hermione, if you want it bad enough…you'll get it."

After they had come back from their honeymoon, they had stayed at her parents house until they could get settled. He woke her up one morning and asked if she wanted to go for a drive. It took a little under an hour to get there and when he told her the three story white bricked house with blue shutters and a wooden porch that wrapped around was going to be their home, she put her hands over her eyes and wept. He had even remembered the porch swing.

The first night in the house, they had finished unpacking so treated themselves to a bubble bath in the huge claw footed bathtub, sipped wine and made love. Afterwards they slipped on a robe and decided to enjoy a fire downstairs, since a storm blew in. The house was a muggle home, just like they wanted, so they still had electricity. It went out that night so they lit candles and relaxed by the fire.

It wasn't long before they heard the scratching.

"What was that?" Hermione asked as she pulled away from Harry's kiss.

"Probably just a branch scraping against the door," he murmured already trying to get her lips back on his.

"No, wait…don't you hear that? Listen."

Harry stopped and opened his ears and not long after he heard scratching followed by whining. "What on earth?" Harry stood up and helped a sixth month pregnant Hermione to her feet. "It's coming from the front door." He picked up his wand and lit the tip quickly with the incantation before holding his wife's hand and pulled her towards the door.

As soon as he opened the door and before they could even peek through a small ball of wet black fur streaked in. "Hey, what's this?"

The black puppy stopped long enough to shake the rain from his fur. "Oh, it's a puppy. Poor thing."

The puppy then walked right passed them and over to the fire. He yawned as he stretched his little body, sticking his butt in the air, before he curled himself on the rug. "Well…make yourself comfortable, buddy."

The puppy opened only one eye and looked annoyed. As if he was trying to say, "Do you mind? Trying to sleep here."

Harry crouched down and placed his hand on the small black head, scratching behind his ear. The puppy groaned in pleasure then licked his hand while his tail thumped against the rug. "Funny, he almost looks like…"

"Sirius?" Hermione finished as she stroked his back.

"Yeah," he said softly. "I know it's silly, but…"

"No…it's not silly." She kissed Harry's cheek. "We'll call him Snuffles."

Hermione cupped Snuffles face with her hands. "Look at you now, all grown up. You look more and more like the original Snuffles. You even have his eyes." She giggled when he replied by giving her kisses with his lapping tongue. "All right, that's enough now. I need to run upstairs and you mind yourself. No cookies."

Snuffles sat on his rump as he watched Hermione disappear out of the kitchen and down the hallway that led to the stairs. He eyed the cookies and considered chancing it, but then shivered when he remembered Hermione and the wrath of a rolled up newspaper. Nope, better not chance it.

Snuffles yawned then trotted over to the den and curled up on his large circular cushioned bed while he waited on James and Harry. It was really remarkable that he was given this chance to come back. To watch over Harry as he grew into a man. There had been so many times he wanted to change into Sirius, but knew he couldn't do it. It wasn't part of the deal and he didn't have the power to. He was just a normal dog with no powers or magic. He had only one life left with Harry and even though the life of a dog isn't as long as a human, it was better than nothing.

At the sound of the roaring fire Snuffle's head shot up and watched as Harry stumbled out of the fire then turn around quickly to catch his four year old son who followed soon after. They both laughed as they stumbled onto the floor and their broomsticks clattered beside them. "You're getting the hang of Floo Powder, Jamie boy," Harry laughed as he playfully rubbed his head. "I can still barely land on my feet."

"Thanks, Dad….ahh! Snuffles!" He shrieked with laughter as he let Snuffles attack him with licks as he hovered over him on the rug. He stopped long enough to greet Harry too, who laughed and kept him at bay, then playfully tackled him to the rug and started to wrestle with the men of he house.

Hermione smiled as she stood and watched her husband, her son and the dog rough house together on the den floor. Harry was tickling James as he giggled in delight, while Snuffles barked and circled around them, trying to get in the action. Snuffles rolled on his back and exposed his belly, while James scratched it as he sat in Harry's lap. It was a sight that she embedded in her mind and locked it up for a rainy day. "I see the men are back. The house is no longer quiet."

Harry looked up at his wife and grinned, while James jumped up and ran to her. "Mama, I caught the Snitch in three minutes!"

"Wow, your best yet!" Hermione said as she lifted her up. Little League Quidditch were for kids ages four to seven and it was James first year. In Little League the three hoops weren't as high and the Snitch was a lot slower than an actual Snitch. Not to mention the Bludger wasn't nearly as big and move as fast…thank Merlin. It wasn't a surprise that James would have the talent of a Seeker, just as his Dad and his Granddad. "When's your next game?"

"On Saturday, you can go right?"

"Have I missed a game yet?" she asked jiggling him on her hip.

He giggled. "No, you never miss my game, or Dad's."

Harry decided not to go along with being an Auror, but to continue to do what he loved best, and that was play Quidditch. He was the Seeker for the Chudley Cannons. "That's right." He put James down and then greeted Harry with a kiss. "Hey coach, are the Fighting Hippogriff's ready for the next game."

"Sure are. Little Brenna Weasley is an expert Chaser." Brenna was Ron and Luna's daughter, born nearly nine months after James.

"Dad." James, who looked exactly like Harry, with the messy black hair and the emerald green eyes. "Is Brenna coming over later?"

"You bet, so are Uncle Draco and Aunt Ginny with little Leslie."

"Awesome!"

"Daddy! You home! Daddy, Daddy look!"

Harry turned to see his two year old daughter parade in the den proudly with her cute pink two piece swimsuit exposing her little pot belly. Her wild brown curls were in a pigtail and her matching pink flip flops that were still a little big on her, decorated her feet. They were also on backwards. So was, Harry realized as he tried not to laugh, her top to her swimsuit. "Daddy, I dwessed aw by myself!"

Beside him James chuckled. "Kendall, your swimsuit is on backw…ow!" He rubbed his side where his dad nudged him, which meant that he needed to keep his mouth shut. "I'm going to get my suit on!" And with that said he ran out of the room with Snuffles quick on his heels.

"Sweetie, you look great," Harry kneeled down and let his daughter wrap her tiny arms around him. "I can't believe you are getting dressed all by yourself!"

"I'm a big girl now," she said and then put her little hands on Harry's cheek as she looked into his eyes. "I'm still yo wittle girl, dough wight? Even dough I'm a big girl?"

Harry's eyes softened and tapped her freckled nose. "Angel, you'll always be my little girl."

She giggled and kissed him on the mouth. "I go and swim with Jayce and Emma."

"Okay, let Jayce put a floating charm on you before you get in."

"Okay!"

Harry watched in amusement as she tried to walk on the flip-flops and with one last chuckle twirled his finger around once, so that her swimsuit magically turned around and her flip-flops switched to the correct feet. "She's a stubborn one." He smiled at his wife. "Her looks seem to not only be the things she's inherited from you."

Hermione sighed as she placed her head on his shoulder. "She's the sweetest thing, Harry. She adores her Daddy."

"And loves her mama." He kissed the top of her head. "What do you say we go on upstairs and get our suits on and join them."

"Sounds like a great idea."

Just then James came running back into the room with his swim trunks on. "Can I go outside? I don't have to put a flotation charm on, I'm a really good swimmer, Dad."

"I know you are, buddy, but for now put that charm on." He ruffled his head. "Don't be in such a hurry to grow up okay?"

"All riiight," he sighed. "But when you come out, can we swim together, Dad? I want to show Mum!"

"Sure thing, we can show your Mum how I toss you up really high in the air."

"Okay!" He said jumping up once and then ran out through the backdoor leading to the pool.

"He has no fear," Hermione said shaking her head. "Neither does Kendall Ann."

"They're great kids." He pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly. "And I love you for having them."

"We'll have more," she assured him as she snuggled against his chest. "At least two more."

"Two more?" He smiled at the thought of going through everything two more times. "I can live with that."

"For now though, let's go get changed and swim with the kids we have now."

"I can live with that, too."

Dressed in only his green swim trunks, Harry emerged from his private walk in closet. "Hermione, you ready?"

"Almost."

Her voice came from her own closet, so Harry circled their king size canopy bed and went to the bathroom on the other end. Her closet was just off to the right of the bathroom and was quite a bit larger than his. She needed more space, the women had way too many things. He leaned against the door jam as he enjoyed the view of her backside while she fiddled with her blue sheer wrap she tied around her waist. The blue wrap matched her sexy blue bikini and the need for her went straight to his gut. Too bad she was taking the time to adjust her wrap, because in about thirty seconds he was going to enjoy taking it off.

Harry walked up behind her and slid his arms around her waist. She jumped a little, then sighed when his lips found her neck. "You wearing that bikini to torture me?"

She grinned as she leaned back into him. "Maybe." She gasped and her eyes fluttered closed when he nibbled at her ear. "Harry, not now…the kids…"

"Are outside swimming with Jayce and Emma." He turned her around and his mouth nibbled on hers while he backed her up against a narrow bare wall that wasn't decorated with shelves or rods. "It's been forever since I've had you."

"You just had me this morning in the shower," she laughed.

"That long? No wonder I'm aching for you." He pressed her up against the wall and rubbed his body against hers and grinned against her lips. "Remember the first time I backed you into a wall."

She clenched his shoulders with her hands and tilted her hips up to meet his. "How can I forget? No gave me my nickname."

"Bobcat," he murmured as his hand swept over down her body and just like that she was naked.

"Harry," she groaned as she clutched handfuls of his hair and yanked his mouth on hers. The wandless magic still sent her over the edge. She could taste his passion in just his kiss and it was anything but gentle. Good, she didn't want gentle. She wanted hot, fast and wild. Just because she was a mother of two, didn't mean her sex drive went away. With Harry she figured it never would. She hoped they continued to screw like rabbits till the day they croaked.

His hands possessed her and his mouth claimed her. She was perfect and could never get enough of her. When his hand found her she was already trembling and was shocked and completely turned on when she came almost immediately. "Bloody hell," he cursed as he attacked her neck and before he could even let her come down from her first high he dropped to his knees. "Again."

The air turned thick and Hermione could hardly breath. Still shaky from her first orgasm, she felt another one creeping up on her as Harry's mouth worked her. She groaned as she tightened her leg that wrapped around Harry's back, causing his mouth to be pressed more firmly against her. Her second orgasm hit her just as fast and hard as the first and her body shook and as her head thrashed back and forth until her legs no longer worked.

Harry dragged her onto the floor of the closet, rolling them both until he loomed over her. He hooked both arms under her thighs and pushed her knees up towards her face before plunging inside her. "Hermione." He could barely say it he was so turned on and the need to take her fast and hard was overwhelming. He started to move in fast frantic thrusts and she didn't disappoint when she met every one.

"Faster," she gasped as she turned her face into his forearms and bit down hard while her third orgasm was drawing near. She shifted her legs, silently telling him to let go so she could wrap her legs tight around him during the final stretch to both their release. His hips pumped into hers even faster and all either of them could manage was gasps of pleasure. Knowing he was close she cleverly clenched her inner walls and smiled in triumph when he gasped and his body jerked.

They came together, as they clung to each other, bucking and trembling before they both collapsed together and was spent. Harry was on top of her, weighing her down on the floor and Hermione thought she might have died but the frantic beat of her heartbeat assured her that she was very much alive.

"I'm crushing you," he murmured against her neck. "I'll move sometime in the next century when I have the strength."

She managed to chuckle under him. "Take your time." She strummed his hair with her fingers and kissed his forehead. "It was time we christened my closet."

With his eyes still closed he grinned and nuzzled her. "Have we covered all the rooms, then?"

"I believe so. Have we done your closet yet?"

"Yeah." He grunted as he sat himself up on his elbows. "A few months ago, I was getting ready for a game and had my uniform all on before you jumped me."

"Oh yeah," she giggle as she slid her hands over his butt. "You're butt looks so good in those Quidditch pants."

He groaned. "Hermione, stop or I'll have to take you again, which I don't think either of us can handle."

"Very well. Mind putting my swimsuit back on with your magical hands?"

"Sure, but can you take it?" He grinned as he nipped at her lips. "I know what my wandless magic does to you."

"I'll try to contain myself." She then shoved his chest. "Now get off, we need to get outside before they start to worry."

"Okay." He kissed her again one

last time. "Love you."

Her heart fluttered and she sighed. "Love you, too."

They walked outside to see their two kids splashing and swimming with Jayce and Emma. James was swimming around Emma, while Kendall was clinging on Jayce. "Hey, can we join you guys?"

"Hi Daddy!" Kendall waved. "Mama, come in da watah!"

Hermione slipped of her wrap and plopped into the water and scooped up her daughter when she eagerly held out her hands. James surprised her by swimming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her neck. Hermione smiled and ruffled his hair. "Hey you."

He grinned at her before turning to Harry. "Dad, do a trick on the board!"

"Yeah, Daddy do a trick!" Kendal bounced on her mama's hip as she clapped.

"Well, if you insist," he said and stepped up onto the board. He walked to the edge in two long strides, jumped hard at the end, then did a crazy side flip in the air before landing with a splash. He surfaced to see them cheering and swam to his family.

"Dad, throw me!" James swam to Harry then climbed into this arms. "Really high!"

"Really high? You sure?"

"Yeah, really, really, high!"

"Okaay, here we go." He kneeled down so James sat on his hands. "One…two…three!" Harry pushed his son up and out of the water and laughed when he shrieked with delight before hitting the water.

He came up grinning as he paddled back. "Mum, did you see?"

"I sure did," she laughed as she let him hang onto her free arm. "You went really high!"

"My tun!" Kendall swam to Harry and giggled when he plucked her up. "I wanna go high, too!"

"You got it, Angel." He smiled as he turned around and grabbed her tiny waist. "Can you count with me?"

"Uh huh, I can count to ten!"

"I know you can. Let's count to three."

"Otay, thwee," she agreed.

Together they counted and on three Harry launched her up and she went flying. The floatation charm popped her up like a cork and she laughed as she swam back. "That was fun!"

The family of four continued with their swim, as Emma and Jayce snuck into the hot tub. She smiled when he pulled her back up against him, then blushed when his hands got a little brave under water. "Jayce, not the time," she mumbled against his neck.

He chuckled as he kissed the top of her head. "Can't blame a guy for trying."

"Later," she promised with a kiss. "When we can sneak away."

"That's my girl."

The Weasley's arrived soon after, with their three and a half year old daughter in tow. Brenna stood impatiently as she let her dad take off her clover up and put a flotation device charm, while she watched her Uncle Harry throw James. Brenna was a cute girl with freckles on her nose she got from her dad and bright blue eyes like her Mum. Her hair color was as if she couldn't decide which to inherit, so it was a mixture of both giving her hair a color of strawberry blonde.

Once her dad gave her the okay she ran to the edge. "Uncle Harry throw me!"

Harry sighed when she jumped in. "These kids are going to be the death of me," he complained but happily picked her up from the water. "Brenna, my #1 chaser!" He then tossed her up high in the air and she loved every second of it.

"Brenna, come play on the step with me," James said who was standing on the little step in the deep end.

"Okay, let's see who can hold their breath longer underwater."

James puffed his chest up in a challenge. "Okay, I'm gonna win!"

While they battled it out, Luna finally made it into the pool. "It is so hot!" she exclaimed as she waddled down the steps.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked in sympathy.

"Nothing worse than being pregnant during the summer." She eased herself on one of the steps, bringing the water up to her shoulders. "This is heaven."

"About a month to go." Hermione placed a hand on her belly. "Another girl?"

"Possibly. The idea of Ron being outnumbered by girls has its perks."

"This where the party's at?" Draco asked as he walked out from the house with his eight month old daughter at his hip.

"Hey Malfoy," Ron called out as he and Harry were lounging on the steps with their wives as they sipped on muggle beer. "Where's your better half?"

"She's right behind me. She got caught up at work. Who knew her new position as fashion editor for Witch Weekly would cause so much crisis." Leslie interrupted him by squealing as she jumped up and down, obviously excited to go swimming. "All right, we're going, we're going."

"She's getting so big." Hermione cooed at her. "She looks just like you, Draco."

"I know." He beamed with pride as he tossed her in the air and caught her. "Not one ounce of Weasley in the looks department. Except she inherited the Weasley stubbornness." His heart melted when she demanded him for a kiss. "And the soft heart." He gave her a kiss then began to pull her through the water as he held onto her hands. He still couldn't believe he had a daughter. How did he get so lucky?"

"She's getting pretty cute, Draco." Harry said as he set his bottle of beer on the edge of the pool and took Leslie from Draco. "Pretty soon boys will start flocking."

Draco scowled as he picked up Harry's beer and took a sip. "Any boy that so much as looks at her is dead meat."

"Hi Uncle Draco!" James exclaimed plopping down next to him. "Hiya Leslie!"

At the sight of James, she giggled and held out her arms. "Jay Jay."

Chuckling, James let Leslie crawl over on his lap. "Wow, guess she likes me, huh?"

"Aww, Leslie's first crush." Harry slapped Draco's back. "Don't worry, James is harmless. Hermione and Luna are already planning his wedding to Brenna."

"What about Brenna?" James asked as he winced a little when Leslie tugged at his hair.

Harry winked at Draco. "Nothing, buddy."

It was close to nine when everyone got the kids settle down. Ginny had her daughter safely on the couch in the den, surrounded by pillows to keep her from rolling off. She also put a hearing charm on herself so she could always hear Leslie, even if she was in the other room. Kind of like a magical version of the muggle baby monitor.

Brenna and James piled into James' bed while Hermione put on a DVD for them. They had both had their baths and dinner, but it was now time for them to settle down. "Mum, is Brenna staying the night?" James asked.

"I don't know, depends on how long the grown ups stay up." She kissed him on the forehead. "You two watch the movie and settle down, okay?"

"Okay."

However, as soon as Hermione closed the door, James and Brenna engaged into a pillow fight while jumping on the bed.

Hermione, who was well aware of what was going on, but decided to give them a break, stepped quietly into Kendall's room to say goodnight. She smiled when she saw Harry carrying her from the bathroom to the bed, while Kendall clung to Harry.

"But Daddy, I'm not…not…" She yawned and rubbed her tired eyes as he put her in bed. "Sleepy."

"Well, how bout this," Harry suggested as he fiddled with the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. "You close your eyes and if you don't fall asleep by the time you count to ten, you can stay up."

"Can I….*yawn*….come down and see you?"

"If you don't fall asleep?" He poked her nose with his finger. "Sure, you gotta deal."

She smiled sleepily. "Love you, Daddy."

He kissed her forehead. "Love you, too."

"Where's Mommy?"

"Right here, baby," Hermione whispered as she let herself known and walked to the bed. "You sleep well, okay?" She gave her a kiss. "Sweet dreams."

"I'm not tiyad, Mommy." She rubbed her tired eyes and gave another small yawn. "I'm….awake."

Harry chuckled as he watched sleep take over her. "Every time, she fights it." He sighed as he rubbed a finger along her cheek. "Will you look at her? Have you ever seen anything so sweet?"

She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and rested his chin on his shoulder. "She's your baby girl."

"Yeah," he said shakily. "It's weird how fast they grow up."

"I know." She kissed his cheek. "Come on, let's go meet everyone in the hot tub as planned. All our kids are down."

If they didn't have guests, Harry could watch her sleep all night. "Okay." He stood up and gave Kendall one last kiss and then left the room quietly with Hermione. "One last kid to check on." He paused at Emma's door and knocked, waiting a beat before entering, knowing that Jayce was in with her.

Jayce and Emma were lying stiffly on opposite sides of the bed, both looked flushed and out of breath as they pretended to read books for next year's classes. "Okay, hate to interrupt study break, but Jayce why don't you head to your room."

"Oh, come on, Harry," Emma protested. "We're studying."

"Uh huh. I can tell by Jayce's text book. Always read your book upside down, buddy?"

"Huh?" he asked and then turned read when he noticed the upside down text. "Er…I uh…."

Behind him, Harry heard Hermione giggle and he nudged her to keep quiet. "Jayce, go on to your room. Emma…you stay in your room."

She sighed in defeat. "Yes, Harry."

"Good night, Emma," Jayce said giving her a quick kiss, then trudged out of the room avoiding eye contact with Harry.

Harry closed Emma's door then stood with Hermione as they watched Jayce walk down the end of the hallway to his room. "You do realize that he'll probably sneak back in right?"

Harry looked down at Hermione and grinned. "I would think he was an idiot if he didn't try it. But at least I did the grown up thing and as long as I don't catch them, it's okay."

She chuckled and grabbed his hand. "Let's go downstairs."

"Can you believe we're parents?" Draco asked and took a sip of his beer "I still shudder when I think about it."

"We all started pretty early," Ron said as he held his beer with one hand and slowly caressed his wife's belly under the hot water with the other. "Not that I mind."

Harry hugged his wife and snuggled her on his lap. "Well, James was sure a surprise, that's for sure."

"Kendall was a surprise too, we weren't trying."

"No, but thank Merlin it happened." Harry kissed her neck. "I can't imaging my life with out my baby girl."

"I want more already," Ginny said. "Don't look at me like that Draco, we're having more until at least one of them has red hair."

He grinned and then kissed her. "Whatever you say."

"It's nice isn't it?" Harry asked. "Ever since sixth year, the sixth of us have been close and been through so much. It's nice to know we have so much to look forward to."

Ron toasted his beer up. "Now with the war over our world is as safe as it's ever been."

"No one's living in fear anymore." Luna sighed dreamily. "It's wonderful."

"My Luna's even been more loony," Ron chuckled and then grunted when she elbowed him in the ribs. "Ow, jeez Luna. That was a compliment."

"Better be."

He grinned. "Of course it is, you know your loonyness turns me on."

"Aww jeez, do we need to hear that?" Harry asked. "I mean really."

He just shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Okay, I say we make a toast," Hermione said as she reached over and grabbed her glass of merlot. "A toast to us, our friendship that had let us to where we are today. To our kids, may they live long and healthy lives and experience all the ups and downs to growing up."

"Lord help me when Leslie hits puberty," Draco mumbled, causing everyone to laugh.

"To us," Harry finally said holding up his beer. "May we always be friends and no matter what happens, we stick together."

"This is getting kind of mushy, I may cry."

"Shut up, Draco." Ginny slapped her husband's arm. "Can you be a least bit sentimental?"

"All right fine." He held up his bottle. "To my friends. From the beginning I was taught that people like you guys, people who cared and possessed a good heart, were the enemy. It took me awhile to realize that I had it all wrong. You were my first real friends and my only real friends. Turning over to your side was the best thing that could happen to me. My greatest enemies became my best friends. And one of them became the love of my life." He turned to Ginny who had tears shimmering in her eyes. "And gave me a beautiful daughter." He kissed her softly on the lips. "To us."

"To us," everyone said.

"How was that?" Draco asked with a grin.

Ginny sniffed back her tears. "Oh, I guess that'll do." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close. "I love you."

"Now, I'm going to cry," Ron choked as he wiped away an imaginary tear. "So touching."

"Sodd off, Weasley," Draco said pushing him roughly.

Harry grinned as he set his bottle down. "Well, I say we go crazy. Who wants to skinny dip?"

All three guys raised their hands so fast in the air, that the girls couldn't help but laugh. Even though they were parents now, they were still young at heart. "We're not skinny dipping, Harry," Hermione said with a chuckle and then turned to his ear. "At least not with them here."

He groaned. "I can kick them out in a heartbeat," he whispered.

She just chuckled. "Later."

From a distance, Snuffles sat on the back porch as he watched the six circle of friends laugh and carry on like there was no care in the world. This was what he, James and Lily had always wanted. A life with no fear of wondering if you would survive another day. It made him happy to know that after all Harry had been through, he was able to enjoy it with his family and friends. James and Lily were watching them as well, he had no doubt and knowing that their son was happy and safe they could rest in peace along with himself, once his life as Snuffles was over.

Sirius heard Harry bust out laughing and the sound warmed his heart. He was never able to hear him laugh like that when he was human, and was grateful to hear it now. Harry was happy now and that was enough.

Snuffles stretched out on the wooden porch and put his head down to close his eyes. He heard the laughter again and smiled inside. That was enough.

XXXX

Wow, I can't believe after all this time it's finally done. That has been my longest fanfic I've ever written. It was so much fun to write and thanks so much for all the support! I hope the ending was satisfactory. I really wanted to finish it before the book came out, because I knew writing would be the last thing on my mind!

I'm reading The Da Vinci Code right now which is great! I even laughed because they mention Harry Potter. It's actually pretty funny, here is the part,

"These books can't possibly compete with centuries of established history, especially when that history is endorsed by the ultimate bestseller of all time."

Faukman's eyes went wide. 'Don't tell me Harry Potter is actually about the Holy Grail."

"I was referring to the Bible."

Faukman cringed. "I knew that."

Heheh, I giggled out loud when I read that, I thought it was so funny.

Anyway, I'm trying to hurry and finish it until this weekend! I can't believe it's almost here!!

As far as writing another story and finish Two to Tango, I don't know when that will be. I really want to concentrate on my other story I'm working on. Just started it actually, but it's a regular fiction story, not about Harry Potter. I kind of want to try and start on that for a bit so I don't know how long I'll be gone.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for everything and giving me so much support on ALL my stories here on Portkey. I won't be far, I still love to read other people's stories now and again. E-mail me anytime you need me for anything, I love hearing from you guys! Can't say enough on how much I appreciate it! Love you guys!

~HM