Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Well, work was slow today and I would have written more of the epilogue in Four of Hearts, but I didn't have my cheat sheet with me, with all kids names on it. So there was no way to write it. So I thought I'd write more of this one today. Hope you like!

Chapter 9

Ginny stood just outside of Draco's room with her fist held up in the air as she waited for enough courage to actually knock. It had been three days since the incident in the kitchen. Three days since he kissed her senseless against the kitchen table and for three days, she had thought of nothing else. He'd been ignoring her. Why? She didn't know. The pillow fight was the last time they had any communication at all…

The feathers fluttered down on the six exhausted teenagers, who were now sprawled out on the bed, all of them very winded. Ron was flat on his back at the side of the left bed with one leg dangling over the side. Luna was beaming at the ceiling as she lay vertically in the middle of the bed. Her head was resting comfortably on Ron's stomach and her legs were draped over Harry and Hermione, who were snuggled up together on the other side of the bed. Harry was on his back and Hermione turned towards him with their legs tangled and her head resting against his chest.

Ginny lay in the middle of the bed, but her legs were over Luna and she was using Draco's stomach as a pillow. He was lying vertically at the edge of the bed as he gazed at the ceiling. Ginny had her head turned and eventually his mysterious gray eyes met with hers. It was amazing what one look from him could do to her. Her heart ached, her stomach fluttered and her breathing grew shaky. All from one look.

She then saw him smile softly and then he reached and brushed strands of her hair away from her cheek. It was such a sweet gesture that she smiled back at him, silently telling him she felt the same way. Then all of the sudden, he turned cold. His eyes darkened and his smile fell from his beautiful lips. Panic. She could see panic fill his eyes before he finally mumbled a goodbye and ran from the room.

Now she stood at his doorway, wanting desperately to strangle and kiss him at the same time. Well, she thought as she straightened her shoulders. I'm going to bloody well do one or the other to him…maybe even both. She then lifted her chin and knocked hard on his door.

"I'm not hungry, Mrs. Weasley."

Ginny opened the door anyway and quietly stepped inside to see Draco at his desk, scribbling away with his quill. He was working so hard this summer, even more than Hermione. She got the impression that he was determined to impress Snape this year in school. As much as she didn't care for the professor, she knew Draco looked up to him. He was one of the reasons Draco crossed to the light side.

"Really, Mrs. Weasley," he said never turning around. "I'll come down in a minute."

"I'm not Mrs. Weasley."

Draco's chair scrapped against the wood as he whipped around to the sound of the all too familiar voice that had been invading his brain. His stomach clenched at the sight of her. "What are you doing here?" he asked harshly.

She tilted up that pointed stubborn chin of hers. "I think it's quite obvious, Draco."

His eyes narrowed. "Leave me alone, Ginny," he muttered and turned back to his work.

The scratching sound of the quill on the parchment filled the room, as Ginny stood there nonmoving. "So that's it?" she asked softly. "We're just going to pretend nothing happened between us?"

Again all you could hear was scratching of his quill.

Ginny could feel her heart crumbling at his silence. "Well, I wish I could dismiss it as easily as you have." She felt the tears threaten to appear and forced herself to push them back down. "I guess I'm the only one who thought it actually meant something."

The scratching stopped and Draco threw down his quill and flew out of his chair. "Dammit Ginny," he cursed as he advanced towards her. "It meant everything to me!"

Her heart plummeted to her stomach. "Draco.."

"Every minute of every day I have thought of nothing but kissing you." He grabbed her arms and shook her. "Don't you understand? I can't have you! I can't touch you or hold you and although that kiss will haunt me for the rest of my life…it can't happen again!"

"Why?" she whispered as her heart continued to bang against her chest. His words still ran through her head and she did not know whether to laugh or cry. "What's stopping you from kissing me right now?"

"Ginny," he groaned as he closed his eyes, trying to control his emotions. "Don't."

"Help me understand," she said as she lifted a hand to his cheek.

Draco stiffened at her touch and pushed her away. "You could get hurt, Ginny!" he yelled. "Or worse killed!"

Ginny now understood and she did not like it. "That's not a reason," she said quietly, yet forcefully.

"The hell it isn't!" he shot back, but unlike Ginny, his voice was a lot louder. "Ginny…I am right under Harry's name on Voldemoret's, Kill and Destroy list. If he found out that we…if my father found out…"

"Your father?" Ginny interrupted. "He's in Azkaban!"

Draco looked at her painfully and then tore his eyes from her. "Not anymore," he said quietly.

Ginny gasped. "What?"

"Remember a few days ago…we were in Ron's room and your mother came in and said Snape wanted to talk to me?" Ginny nodded. "Well, he told me that my father escaped." Ginny gasped. "And I'm quite sure he was one of the death eaters that shot down Harry and Hermione."

"Oh, Draco…"

"Don't!" he warned when she stepped towards him "Voldemort or my father could kill you in an instant just for the price of loving me." He shook his head slowly. "And I can't handle the thought. We end this now, Ginny, before it's too late."

Ginny stepped closer to him. "What if it's already too late?"

Draco eyes widened and swallowed the outrageously large lump that just formed in his throat. "Don't," he croaked as he held his hands out, backing away from her. "You don't mean that, don't say things like that."

She ignored him and kept advancing closer to him. "Draco. Would you die for me?"

The back of his legs banged against the desk and he knew he was trapped. "Ginny…"

"Would you?" she repeated stopping just inches in front of him.

He curled his fingers into a fist to try and keep from touching her. "In a heart beat," he breathed.

"How is that fair?" She pressed her whole body against him. "You are allowed to fight for the ones you care about and I have to sit back and play safe?"

"Gin," he groaned in agony. She was way too close and he was trying so hard not to jerk his hips against hers. Merlin knows it would feel good.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Draco," she said as she reached up and nipped his chin. "But it doesn't work that way."

Draco closed his eyes as he let himself enjoy the feel of her lips dance across his neck and he groaned when her teeth scrapped his earlobe. He was trying to do the right thing and she was making it very difficult. He had to try to make her understand. "Ginny, I…"

"I would die for you, too, Draco," she whispered in his ear. "I promise that I'll be by your side till the end."

Who the hell was he kidding? How could he possibly say no to that? He dove his fingers in her hair and crushed his lips to hers, moaning in defeat. He felt her grip his shirt with her fingers as he continued to rub her soft lips with his. She opened for him and he took his fill, plunging his tongue inside her mouth and the taste of her intoxicated him. "Gin," he groaned and flipped her around so she was now backed up against the desk.

She whimpered as she clung to him desperately while he lifted her up on the desk. Never leaving her mouth, he blindly pushed books and pieces of parchment off the desk. His bottle of ink fell over unnoticed and the ink spilled out onto the carpet. Her fingers were lost in his hair and her legs were wrapped securely around him. She was drowning in the scent and taste of him and she longed for more. She lifted her hips up to him, causing her skirt to ride higher up on her legs. "Draco," she gasped at the feel of him grinding against her.

Draco growled against her throat as he ran lips and tongue along her soft skin. "Gin," he sighed and looked down at her. "You are one stubborn witch."

She smiled. "That's what I hear." She then pulled his head down for another kiss. She wasn't nearly finished with him yet.