Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 31

On Christmas morning, Harry woke up at the crack of dawn and quietly slipped out of Hermione's bed, but not before giving her a kiss on her temple. He went out of the room and into his, expecting to see Hedwig back with his present for Hermione.

She was waiting for him perched on his bed post. "Please tell me it was ready."

Hedwig replied by lifting her leg to reveal a blue velvet pouch and Harry smiled as he ran over to get it. "Thanks, girl. You're a lifesaver." Hedwig nipped his fingers affectionately and flew out his open window.

Harry had gotten Hermione a Christmas gift a few months ago when they were only friends, so he wanted to do something a little more intimate. A book just wasn't going to cut it anymore. Yesterday, after their quick snack in the kitchen Harry told Hermione that he had promised to help Hagrid out with something and he'd be right back, but in reality he had slipped into Hogsmeade with Dumbledore's permission of course. What he found for Hermione was perfect, but it wouldn't be ready until later that night so he went ahead and paid for it and told the store his owl would come by and pick it up.

He slipped back into Hermione's room to find her still fast asleep just as he hoped. He carefully crawled back into bed and then opened the pouch so he could pull out the silver charm bracelet he purchased. He picked out a few charms that perfectly described her and left spaces open for any other charm she'd like to buy in the future.

He carefully clipped on the bracelet on her wrist while she was asleep then leaned down to kiss her awake. It took a few kisses to finally stir her, but he sure wasn't complaining. "Harry?" she finally murmured while he was kissing her neck.

"It better be," he said nipping her neck.

She smiled but still kept her eyes closes. "That's right, my other boyfriend is unavailable at the moment." She then yelped when he nipped at her skin again, but a little harder. "Just kidding."

He grinned as he looked down at her and waited until she finally open her eyes. "Happy Christmas, Hermione."

"Happy Christmas, Harry," she said as she lifted her arm to touch his face, causing the bracelet to slide down on her skin. She looked over at it puzzled and then her jaw dropped when she realized what it was. "Oh, Harry."

Harry grinned as he watched her finger the different charms. "I know jewelry isn't normally your thing, but I thought this was perfect for you."

"It's better than perfect," she said as tears swarmed in her eyes. "You knew just what charms to get."

He grinned as he fiddled with the charms. "A charm of an open book because…well, do I really need to explain that one?"

She laughed as she shook her head "No."

He went onto the next one. "A diamond covered Hippogriff to remind you of your courageous adventure with me to save Buckbeak." Hermione just admired the charm and grazed her finger over it. "Then a simple charm in the shape of a three. Representing the famous trio. You, me and Ron."

"I adore it," she sighed and then laughed when she fingered the small charm in the form of an orange cat. "This has to be Crookshanks."

He grinned. "Yeah, I had to get it. You love that cat."

"Yeah," she said with a shaky laugh and wiped a tear away. "This is so sweet, Harry."

"I also left a bunch of space left for future charms," he said stroking her hair. "I hope you like it."

"I love it," she said with a sigh and kissed him gently then pulled back to look into his eyes. "And I love you."

Harry's throat clogged up with emotion. "Do you?" he asked shakily.

"So much," she sighed framing his face in her hands.

"I love you, too, Hermione," he said and then kissed her firmly on the mouth as this new feeling of undying love spread through out him. He loved her. So much and so deeply that he knew he would do anything for her…anything. He wanted to be with her always and for the first time he felt like he could do almost anything…even defeat Voldemort.

Just as that thought went into his head a sudden flash of gold shimmered around them and they both pulled back completely puzzled on what it was. "Harry," she whispered as she reached up to grab something. "Your necklace."

Harry looked down to see that his once silver snitch necklace that Hermione had given him was now a bright and gleaming gold as it shimmered in Hermione's hand. The snitch turned gold, just like Hermione said it was suppose to when one seeks their true love. He couldn't believe it. He smiled and looked down to see Hermione completely befuddled. "Well, looks like the store clerk wasn't just trying to make a sale, after all."

She smiled through her joyful tears but didn't say a word. She only reached for him and he happily obliged by falling into her arms and their lips met in a kiss that neither of them would never forget.

XX

AN: I KNOW that wasn't very long, but it's late and I'm tired. It's been busy with New Years and everything. I just wrote this little snippet for a fun fluffy chapter to tie you guys over until next time. This story is going to start wrapping up…well, not anytime soon but it's going to start heading there. Harry's seventh year is half way done! Thanks everyone who has stuck by me since the beginning of Circle of Friends (The official name of this story) You guys rock!