Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys. I tried to find time to write more but I couldn't do it. And with Christmas coming up it's only getting crazier. I'm going to go ahead and post this short update and hopefully I'll find the time to write the next part soon. Have a great Christmas everyone!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 29

They had skipped lunch and hadn't even realized it until Harry's stomach started grumbling. They were still lying by the fire snuggled up together under a blanket both perfectly content and not wanting to move. "You're stomach is making noises, Harry," Hermione said as she lifted a head and looked down at him.

"Sorry," he said with a grin. "Guess I'm a little hungry."

"You're not the only one," she said as she sat up. "Why don't we go to the kitchens and see if Dobby can whip up some soup or sandwiches."

"Sounds like a plan," he said as he sat up as well. "Er…but first maybe you should go change."

She giggled and kissed him on the mouth. "Good idea."

Fifteen minutes later they were both sitting at a table in the kitchen sharing a pumpkin pie and whip cream. The house elves were bustling in the background getting ready for Christmas Eve dinner as Harry and Hermione satisfied their hungry appetites. "Not exactly what I had in mind for lunch," Harry said as he smeared a piece of his pie in whip cream. "But it will do."

"I think it's perfect," she said as she reached over and rubbed off some whip cream at the corner of his mouth.

Harry casually kissed her thumb before continuing with his eating. "So…should we talk about the drastic change in our relationship?"

"I guess that be the smart thing to do," she said with a shrug. "Although it doesn't seem weird, does it?"

"Not at all," he said with a smile as he chewed his latest bite. "Like we've always been together."

"In a way we have I think." She set her fork aside and folded her arms on the table. "Even if we were too stupid to realize it. I mean, I should have when I was completely jealous of Cho during our fifth year."

Harry looked up from his pie at that and blinked. "You were?"

She sighed. "Yeah. Well, to be honest probably since third year. That's when I noticed you had a crush on her."

He shook his head. "I wondered when you noticed after that comment you made fifth year? After the meeting at Hog's Head. I silently wondered how you knew."

"Well, unlike you and Ron I am very aware of peoples feelings. You were very transparent with your feelings for Cho. Didn't take much to figure it out."

"And you were jealous?" he asked with a teasing grin.

"Yes, but mostly I just didn't like her." She picked up her fork and decided one or two more bites couldn't hurt. "She seemed nice at first, but then it was obvious she just wanted attention and she knew dating you would give her that. You deserve better than that."

His heart ached at her words. "I have better now." He leaned over the table and she met him half way and they kissed. "Much better."

"Harry Potter!"

They pulled away to see Dobby standing their with a look of surprise and happiness on his face. "Dobby…."

"Is Harry Potter finally dating his Hermione, sir?"

Harry grinned while Hermione suppressed a giggle. "Yes, Dobby. I'm finally dating my Hermione."

"Oh, Dobby is thrilled, sir! Dobby always knew no girl deserved Harry Potter's love other than his Hermione. I did sir!"

"I'm sure you did," Harry said with a laugh. "You were always smart, Dobby."

"Thank you, sir!"

"Dobby, I was wondering if you could do us a favor," he said as they got up from the table.

"Anything sir! Anything for Harry and his Hermione!"

"Do you think you can set up a small table for four up in our common room tonight. We're having a private dinner."

"Consider it done, sir!"

"Four people?" Hermione asked as they walked out of the kitchen. "Who's the fourth?"

"Jayce actually," Harry said as they walked down the corridors hand in hand. "Emma asked if he could come. Apparently his parents had to make an emergency trip to America, his grandfather who lives there is sick. Since Jayce and his siblings are too young to Apparate they had to stay here for the holidays."

"And Emma wants him to have a good Christmas," she said finally understanding. "It's so sweet that she has a friend like that. Reminds me of us when we were that age."

Harry smiled and kissed her hand that was joined with his. "It's going to be a great Christmas."

And it could very well be my last.