Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 24

Hermione did as Harry asked and then some. The darkness that threatened to swallow her whole, that was inches to claiming her life, lessened more and more with passing time. She fought it. She pushed it away as her thoughts were consumed with only Harry.

He needed her. Harry needed her and she wasn't going to let anything tell her differently. The bright light grew and she could hear Harry's voice echoing behind it, begging her to come back to him. I'm trying, Harry. I'm trying.

She could hear his voice clearly whenever he spoke to her, same as her friends. It helped knowing she was loved and cared for. She longed for the light to develop her, warm her. The darkness always held her back, but she was winning the battle. She knew she was.

You're nothing. No one cares for you.

Hermione shivered as the negative feeling swooped into her. No. No, no, no. You're wrong. Harry needs me!

He doesn't need you. No one does.

Leave me alone. She looked towards the light and noticed it was shining brighter than ever before. Now was the time to end it. It was now or never. She felt all her emotions swirl around her, all her feelings for her friends…for her Harry to take over and let it fly. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Then, the light blinded her and darkness faded.

XXXX

She was awake before she opened her eyes. She knew she had won. She felt the weight of something on her stomach, pinning her down but she didn't panic. It felt nice…and comforting. She lifted her heavy eyelids and the room came into focus. The hospital room.

It was dark, but she could make it out due to the moonlight shining through the tall windows. She heard someone breathing steadily in and out and flickered her eyes downwards to see that that someone was Harry.

He was asleep using her stomach as a pillow, his arms were wrapped around her and his glasses were off, resting next to one of his hands. He didn't leave her side. Just like he promised. She smiled softly as she moved her hand to his hair, letting her fingers get lost in his unruly hair that she adored so much. She strummed her fingers through his thick hair as if she was lazily playing the strings of a harp.

He stirred and mumbled her name in his sleep as he tightened his grip on her. Merlin, he was adorable. "Harry?" she whispered as she kept playing with his hair. "Harry, wake up."

Harry moaned as he shifted his head on her stomach as he started to wake up. He blinked his eyes open and tried to remember where he was. He then felt something wonderful combing through his hair and made him think of Hermione. He moved his eyes up to see her looking down at him with a soft smile. "Hermione?" he said softly as he lifted his head off her stomach. "Hermione?"

"Hi," she said softly as her small smile deepened.

"You're back?" he asked urgently as he moved over her. "Back with me…for good?"

She reached up and cupped his cheek with her hand. "I'm back, Harry. I'm not leaving you this time. Or ever."

He let out a shaky breath as he started to tremble. "Thank you," he whispered as he buried his face in her neck and collapsed next to her on the bed, lying halfway on top of her. "Don't you ever do that again, Hermione."

Hermione's eyes filled with tears as she hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry, Harry."

"I thought I lost you," he murmured against her neck. "I thought I lost you."

"You could never lose me," Harry." She kissed his temple softly. "I would never leave you."

"You were so pale…"

"Harry, "I'm okay," she assured him as she moved one of her hands up and down his back. "I promise."

"Just let me hold you," he said as he rolled onto his back and brought her up against him. "Just let me…just for a moment."

Hermione lifted the blanket so Harry could slide under it with her. She then curled into him, draping an arm over his chest and tangled her legs with his. "You can hold me as long as you want."

And he did. All through the night until they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

XXXX

The next morning, Madame Pomfrey found them like that in bed together. The sight was touching and warmed her heart and as much as she hated to do it, she knew it was inappropriate and had to wake them up. She shook Harry gently until he finally started to wake up. To her surprise Hermione stirred and her eyes fluttered open. "Well, look whose up. Welcome, back, Hermione,"

Both teenagers blushed as Harry scooted out of her bed. He stood by her as she examined her thoroughly. "Well, Miss Granger, it looks like you're on the road to recovery."

"Can I leave the hospital today?" Hermione asked.

"You're still a bit weak, so just a few more days and you can go."

Hermione's shoulders slumped in disappointment. "Okay."

"Don't worry, it will go by quickly." She patted her hand. "I'm going go and get you something to eat. I bet your hungry."

She nodded. "Yeah, a little."

"I'll be right back."

Once they were alone Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels. "So, how are you feeling?" he asked still slightly embarrassed that they slept together all night. It was scary for him to admit it, but it felt really good. It was the second time they fell asleep in each other's arms and slept all through the night. The first time was when Ron had found them last year.

"I feel great," she said with a soft smile. "Maybe a little weak, like Madame Pomfrey said."

"Well, don't worry. I'll stay with you."

"No, you will not," she said firmly.

Harry blinked in surprise. "Hermione…"

"You've missed enough classes already, Harry and every lesson is crucial. If you failed NEWTS because of me I'd never forgive myself."

His first thought was to argue with her, but then remembered who he was talking with and knew he didn't stand a chance of winning. "Fine, but I'll visit you between lessons and drop off assignments for you."

"Deal," she said with a grin.

"Well, I guess I'd better go and tell everyone you're all right. I'll be back at lunch, all right?"

"Okay. Thanks, Harry. For everything."

He shrugged his shoulders slightly embarrassed. "I'm just glad you're okay." He hesitated at first, but then cleared his throat and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see ya."

Hermione blushed as he walked away. "Yeah…see ya."

XXX

Over the next few days, Harry and her friends visited her whenever they could. She appreciated it, she was lonely stuck in the hospital wing all by herself. Crookshanks kept her company at night though and snuggled with her until Harry stopped by in the morning with her breakfast. She kept up with her assignments so she wouldn't fall behind when she was released and with as much time she was spared, she got further than she anticipated.

Merlin, she was bored. It was the last night finally and she sat up in her bed as she scribbled away at her homework. She was by herself and had one lantern glowing next to her bed, giving her just enough light. Tomorrow morning she would be out of here at the first crack of dawn.

She was finishing up her work when all of the sudden a subtle familiar scent filled the air. She grinned as she kept her eyes on her work. She knew that scent all too well. "Hello Harry."

A second later his head popped out of thin air. "Hey, how did you know?"

She looked up at him and grinned. "I've known you long enough Harry to sniff you out."

He laughed as he tugged off the rest of his cloak. "I've come to rescue you."

She let out a laugh as she set her work aside. "What are you up to, Harry?"

"I'm sneaking you out of here. At least for a few hours."

"Harry, that's sweet, but I'm not allowed to…"

"Need I remind you of a certain bet that you lost to a few days ago," he said with a grin. "You have to do something against the rules, Hermione and this is it."

She opened her mouth to argue, but shut it when she couldn't think of a counter attack. "Oh, all right," she huffed as she threw back her covers. "We better not get caught."

"We won't," he said as he picked up her bathroom and helped her put it on over her periwinkle plaid pajamas. "You ready?" he asked as she slid on her pink fuzzy slippers.

"As I'll ever be I guess."

"Good." He then pulled out a Gryffindor winter scarf and stepped towards her.

"What are you doing?" she asked as he turned her back toward him and then covered her eyes. "Harry!"

"It's a surprise on where I'm taking you," he said as he tightened the scarf.

"I can't see a thing," she said as Harry turned her back around.

"That's kind of the point, Hermione." He opened his cloak back up and put it around the both of them. "Stay close to me and you'll be fine."

Hermione scooted next to him and wrapped her arms around his waist as the shuffled their way out of the hospital wing. She had no idea what Harry was up to but she sure couldn't wait to find out.

XXXXX

Hmm, I wonder what good ole Harry is up to! Maybe we'll find out in the next few days, maybe not! But it'll be a good one, so the wait will be worth it!

I'd also like to take this time to say thanks to all my readers! You guys are what keeps me writing and I appreciate it so much! I know I might take awhile to update and I KNOW it's frustrating, but you still stick with me and I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thanks for being so patient!