Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry's Seventh Year by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry's Seventh Year

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 32

Ron let out a big yawn as he walked out of the portrait hole and headed towards Harry and Hermione's common room. He had woken up this morning on the second day back from the holidays to see Hedwig staring at him. Tied to his leg was a note from Harry for him to come by the room before breakfast so he and Hermione could speak to him about something.

He yawned again as he walked up the stairs to the corridor that led to their room. He still hadn't gotten use to the new hours since he had been sleeping in for two weeks. Plus, staying up with Luna during the late hours didn't help much either but he sure wasn't complaining.

With a grin, he said the password and the portrait of a beautiful blonde woman that guarded the Head Boy/Head Girl room swung open. As he stepped inside he overheard Hermione saying his name and that she was worried, so he quickly did a silencing charm on the portrait so it would close quietly. He stayed where he was as he let his ears open, curious to see what they were talking about.

Harry sighed as he watched his girlfriend pace in front of the fire. "Hermione, relax. There's nothing to worry about, okay?"

"What if he gets mad?" she asked as she kept pacing. "What if we lose him as a friend?"

"That's ridiculous, we won't lose his friendship over this, because we are being honest with him right away."

What in the world are they talking about? Ron wondered as he watched Harry stand up to calm her.

"Hermione," he said softly as he grabbed her arms. "Don't worry. We'll tell him together and if he gets upset, then we'll give him space." He kissed her temple and pulled her in his arms. "Besides, I hardly think he'd be jealous of us, he's with Luna now, right? I mean, honestly, he told us they were together right away and hasn't shut up about it since and it's only been two days."

"I guess you're right," she sighed as she lifted her face up to him. "I just don't want to lose him, he's still important to me."

"I know and I promise you won't."

Ron's eyes widened when he saw his best friend lean down and kiss his other best friend on the lips. So this was what they wanted to see him about. Harry and Hermione was now officially a couple. He didn't know what to think of it as he continued to watch them kiss by the fire. He waited for the anger to come, but it never did. Then he waited for the jealousy to appear, but alas…it never did. Huh. Guess he was okay with it.

"Harry, wait," Hermione pulled back. "Not now, what if Ron sees."

"Too late," Ron said finally making his presence known as he walked out of the shadows and into the fire lit room.

"Ron," Hermione gasped as she stepped back from Harry. "How long have you…"

"Long enough," he said with a shrug as he sat down on the couch and looked up at their stunned faces. "I heard everything."

Hermione frowned as Harry looked over at Hermione. "I'm so sorry, Ron, we didn't want you to find out this way."

"It's okay," he said as he motioned for her to sit next to him. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard what you said, so technically it was like you were talking to me."

Harry sat down on the other side of him with a worried look on his face. "You sure you're okay with it? I promise Ron, just because we're together we aren't going to exclude you from anything."

"I'd like to see you even try," Ron said with a laugh. "I'm not worried about that at all. You're still my best friends."

"Oh, Ron," Hermione cried as tears began to fill her eyes.

Ron panicked at the sight of her tears. "Now, there's nothing to cry about, Hermione. You know how I hate to see you…ooof!"

Harry chuckled when he saw his girlfriend throw herself at Ron almost knocking him backwards. He then caught Ron's eye over her head and saw him roll his eyes and Harry just shrugged helplessly. "Hermione, why not let him breath, huh?" Harry said after awhile.

Hermione pulled away still sniffing slightly. "I'm just so happy that you are okay with this."

"Of course I am," he said with a smile. "I mean I can't imagine anyone that deserves you, besides Harry…no, now don't start that again!"

Hermione held back her tears. "No, I'm all right."

"Hermione, why don't you go wash up before breakfast," Harry said standing up then helping her to her feet.

"Good idea," she laughed as she wiped her tears. "Be right back."

Harry gave her a quick kiss and watched her run upstairs before sitting down next to Ron. "Mental that one," Ron said with a shake of his head. "Hasn't changed a bit."

"Sure hasn't," he said with a grin.

"You willing to handle someone as mental as her?" he asked with a grin.

"You betcha," he said with a wink. "That and then some."

"Spare me the details," Ron said with a groan. "Have you guys, you know…nope, never mind don't want to know."

"Ron," Harry chuckled. "Relax, we've only been together since Christmas Eve."

"Right," he said with a nod. "So, is she a good kisser?"

"Ron, for someone who doesn't know the details you are certainly asking a lot of questions."

"Kissing I can handle," he said with a wave of his hand. "So is she?"

Harry grinned. "Let's just put it this way. Is there anything our Hermione isn't good at?"

Ron pondered this for a moment before nodding. "Good point."

"So, um…if kissing isn't a big thing," Harry said. "It's not going to bug you if we, you know…do things in front of you, is it?"

"That depends I guess. Does it bug you when I kiss Luna in front of you?"

Harry frowned. "No, of course not. Why would it?"

"Well, you think of Luna as a sister and I think of Hermione as one. So if it doesn't bug you, then it won't bug me."

"That's fair I guess," he said with a laugh hitting his friend on the back. "And we can probably skip the, 'If you hurt her I'll kick your ass' routine, too, and cancel each other out."

"Also fair," Ron said and the boys laughed as Hermione was walking back down.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asked as she let Harry guide her on his lap.

"Nothing," Ron said with a grin. "Just guy talk."

"Great. I was probably the topic of guy talk wasn't I?"

"Not just you, sweetie," Harry said. "Luna was, too."

"Somehow, that doesn't make me feel any better," she said turning on his lap to look at him.

"Don't worry, all good stuff I promise," he said smiling as he kissed her on the lips.

"Come on you lovebirds, let's get down to breakfast." Ron stood up and stretched. "I got my own girlfriend to see."

Harry gave her one last kiss then patted her leg as he leaned up, motioning her to get up. Their hands found each other immediately and together they followed Ron out of the portrait hole and headed towards the Great Hall. The three walked together, just as they always did and Ron smiled knowing that nothing has changed. They were still a trio.

As they walked into the Great Hall Harry noticed that it didn't take long to people to catch on he was holding Hermione's hand. He saw people nudge the person next to them and nod their head towards them as they whispered and giggled. Harry who usually hated this sort of thing, found himself not really caring. He was with Hermione now and that was something he was very proud of.

Harry looked down to see Hermione looking up at him and he gave her a hopeless shrug and leaned down to kiss her. He wanted her to know that the gossip didn't phase him in the least. "This is gossip that's actually true," he said with a wink.

Once they got to the table, Ron sat down next to Luna who greeted him with a kiss and Ginny and Draco were sitting across from them. "Hey, Draco aren't you in Slytherin?" Harry asked he sat down next to Luna.

"Yeah, I think so," he pondered as he scratched his head. "Group of people in green and silver, mascot a serpent?"

"That's the one," Harry said as he helped himself to some bacon.

"Hmm…nope, never heard of them," he said causing everyone to laugh.

"Congrats on you two," Ginny said winking at Harry and Hermione. "About time I say."

"Man, everyone's hooking up it seems," Ron said with a mouthful of eggs. "I mean first me and Luna, then Lupin and Tonks…that was weird to witness, let me tell you…then Harry and Hermione. Next thing I know, you two will be hooking up." Ron gestured to Draco and Ginny with his fork.

Draco choked on his pumpkin juice, slamming the mug down as he started to cough. "Draco, are you okay?" Harry asked him as Ginny was pounding on his back

"Fine," he squeaked as he pounded on his chest and gave Ron a wary look.

Ron looked at Draco's guilty face and then to Ginny who was avoiding eye contact and then everything was clear. "Bloody hell," he whispered as he felt himself boil up inside.

"Now, Ron don't blow up or anything," Ginny said warily as she saw Ron turn red.

"This is going to be good," Harry murmured to Hermione who stifled a laugh.

"We were going to tell you," Ginny said as Ron was still glaring at Draco.

"Er…he looks really mad, Gin," Draco said warily as he watched Ron pick up a bread roll and smash it in his fist. "Really mad."

"Ron, please…"

"Well, we had a good run, right Gin?" Draco said as he started to get up keeping an eye on Ron. "What, five months? That's a good run."

"Five months!" Ron yelled as he stood up. "You've been seeing my sister for five months!"

"Uh-oh," Draco said as he turned pale. "Er…gotta run!"

"Come here you little…"

The whole crowd was enveloped with a mixture of gasps and laughter as Ron chased Draco around the Great Hall. Draco dove under a table and Ron did the same. Draco ran over the Ravenclaw table, knocking plates and silverware and Ron practically flew over it.

"What on earth is going on?" Professor McGongall said to Professor Dumbledore as she started to rise from her seat.

"No need, Minerva," Albus said calmly with a glint in his eye. "It seems that Ron has finally figured out Miss Weasley and Mr. Malfoy's relationship."

She looked over to see Draco using Luna Lovegood as a human shield so Ron couldn't hurt him. "Oh, well in that case…pass the salt, would you Albus?"

"All right, that's enough!" Ginny said stepping between them. "Draco, put poor Luna down."

Luna giggled madly as Draco put her back on her feet. "That was fun. I'm off to class, don't hurt him too much, baby." Luna kissed Ron's cheek before flittering out of the Hall.

"We should go, too," Hermione said and grabbed Harry's hand before heading out.

"But I want to see what…"

Hermione gave him a look.

"Okay, shutting up. Let's go."

"Now," Ginny said calmly as she stepped in front of Draco to talk to his brother. "I know your upset…no you keep quiet till I'm done. We didn't want you to find out this way, Ron and I'm sorry you did. We were going to tell you when the time was right, but it never seemed…right."

"Ron," Draco said finally and moved to Ginny's side. "I know you want to punch me right now, but…I want you to know that we're not just fooling around. I really care for her."

Ron studied Draco making sure he was telling the truth. "Don't bull shit me, Draco."

"I'm not," he said firmly as he took a step towards him. "I love her."

Ginny gasped. "What?"

"What?" Draco repeated panic in his eyes. "I didn't say I love you."

Ginny placed a hand on her mouth. "You said you loved me."

"No I didn't," he said quickly as he shook his head.

"Er…actually you did mate," Ron said with a slight smile. Seeing Draco panic after slipping his feelings towards his little sister made him believe Draco more than anything. Even if he shouted he loved her to the mountain tops. Draco didn't grow up around love and was taught only to hate, so when Ron noticed the fear in his eyes he knew he was sincere. "We're cool, I'll see you guys around."

"Huh?" Draco asked puzzled as Ron walked off. "What?"

"You love me," Ginny cried.

"Stop saying that, I didn't say that," he said backing away from her.

"Oh Draco," she laughed as she flung her arms around him nearly knocking him over. "I love you, too."

Draco opened his mouth to protest but no words were able to escape. He then found himself smiling as he held her tightly and then placed a kiss on the top of his head. He then remembered they weren't alone when everyone in the Great Hall were clapping for them. "Great," he mumbled under his breath as Ginny laughed. "Let's get out of here."

"What class do you have next?" Ginny asked slyly as he pulled her out of the Hall where students were still clapping for them.

"Potions and don't you dare try to tempt me, Gin-Gin," he said firmly. "You know I can't miss potions."

Ginny pouted. "I know," she said and then kissed him on the lips. "See you at lunch?"

He kissed her again smiling against her lips. "Count on it, Weasley."

"Love you," she said as she pulled away looking up at him.

Draco sighed as he shook his head then tapped her nose with his finger. "Love you."