Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance

Amynoelle and Heaven

Hi guys- sorry again that this chapter is late but my dumb copy of Word on my laptop wouldn't open the file so I had to transfer it to my desktop and voila!

Hope you guys enjoy this, and PLEASE review! Thankies!

Frankie was sitting on the sofa that evening waiting for her husband to get home. She was worried he wouldn't be back until late and was about to get up and ring him when she heard him come in through the front door.

"Hi," he said quietly, setting his briefcase down by the door. "I didn't expect you home."

"I've been home all evening," she said. "How was your golf game?"

"It was okay," he said with a shrug. "I didn't stay long. I spent the rest of the afternoon in the office catching up on some things."

"Oh," Frankie folded her arms around herself. "I um... I made some dinner, if you're hungry."

"Sure," Will said. "What did you make?"

"Some salad," Frankie said. "And some shepherd's pie."

"My favourites," Will said heading toward the kitchen. "You didn't have to---"

"I wanted to," Frankie followed him. "Sit down and I'll get it for you."

"Okay," he said taking a seat. "How was your day? Did you see Maddie?"

"Yeah I was over there earlier," Frankie said as she poured them both a glass of wine. She's really excited about the wedding. So's Ethan for that matter."

Will nodded, watching his wife as she handed him the glass of wine. He hadn't been able to think of anything else all day. He'd always hated arguing with her, but he didn't even know where to begin to make this right.

"Here you go," she said, setting a plate down. "It's still hot and everything."

"Thanks," he said instinctively reaching for her hand.

Frankie chanced a smile at him as his fingers slid over hers. "Will I'm sorry," she began. "I hate fighting with you."

"Me too," he said softly. "I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to be sorry about," Frankie shook her head. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did about not being pregnant... I didn't stop to think about your feelings."

"And I didn't care about what you wanted," Will said pulling her into his arms. "I only thought about what I wanted and how I felt."

Frankie pressed her face into his neck. "I love you so much Will. You're the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't want this to come between us."

"We won't let it," he promised. "We'll have a family if and when we're both ready."

"I talked to Maddie," Frankie said. "And she suggested that perhaps we go to counselling about this."

"It might be a good idea," Will said thoughtfully. "My mum said the same thing..."

"Just to talk to someone neutral about it," Frankie was encouraged.

"We should look into it," Will said squeezing her hand.

"First thing tomorrow I'll ask Lizzy for any recommendations," Frankie said. "But let me be honest with you here right now okay?"

"Okay," he said softly. "What is it?"

"The real reason I freaked out so bad is because I'm terrified of having children," Frankie confessed. "I never told you that before and I should have. I'm scared to death of being a bad mum."

"Frankie---"

"I know it sounds like a shite excuse," Frankie hurried on. "But that's what I love about being an aunt. We can keep them for a few hours then they go home to their real parents. And I don't want to disappoint you Will."

"You could never, ever disappoint me," he said. "Frankie, you are the most determined, ambitious person I know. You've been great at everything you've ever set your mind to do. And I'll let you in on a little secret...I'm scared, too. It is a huge responsibility."

"You're scared too?" she asked feeling comforted by that thought. "Really?"

"Yes," he replied. "It's the biggest thing either of us will ever attempt to do. We'll be responsible for a little boy or a little girl who is going to depend on us for everything."

"I guess I just need to remember that I'm not alone," Frankie stroked his hair back. "You've changed my mind about so many things Will Barron."

Will gave her a lingering kiss. "You did say you were never going to get married."

"I know," she said. "Who'd have thought I'd be sitting here a kept woman?"

"Me, the first time I set eyes on you," Will teased.

"When you were bumbling over yourself at the bar?" Frankie joked.

"Yes, that would be when," Will said laughing.

"Well in case I've never told you," Frankie ran her fingernails through his hair. "I was sort of hooked on you from that first night too."

"You said you weren't very impressed with me," Will said.

"I had to play it cool," Frankie laughed.

"You did a good job," he said laughing too.

"But you won out in the end," Frankie said. "I couldn't stay away from you."

"I love you, Frankie," he said. "No matter what."

"Same here," Frankie kissed him. "Bloody love of my life."

Will hugged her to him. "We're okay then?"

Frankie nodded. "Very okay," she replied. "And I promise from now on to be more honest and open with you about these things."

"And I'll do the same," he promised.

"All right," Frankie said. "Let's eat and then we can take our discussion to bed."

"Making up," Will said grinning at her. "The best part of fighting."

"Are you in the mood for some Frankie Gai Pan?" she whispered huskily in his ear.

"Have you ever known me to turn that down," Will asked her.

"Never," Frankie kissed him again. "Thank you," she said, running her hands over his shoulders.

"Thank you," Will echoed.

*** *** ***

Drew, Brian, Hans and Darla were currently enjoying an afternoon in the little town near the beach house. "I love old antique towns like this," Darla gushed. "You never know what neat things you can find in the shops."

Hans groaned. "Not another antique store Dar..."

"Shut it you," Darla said over her shoulder as she walked into the shop.

Brian laughed. "You're stuck Hans- bet you never knew she was a shopaholic."

"I knew," Hans said shaking his head.

Drew grinned. "What if I said I liked shopping for antiques and dragged you around? Would you complain too?"

"Maybe a little," Brian said taking her hand.

"It's a guy thing," Darla said, beckoning to Drew. "Come here I want to show you something."

"What?" Drew asked.

"You know how Maddie's been looking for a tiara to wear with her veil?" Darla pointed to a lovely antique jewelled one in a display case. "Think she'd like that?"

Drew smiled. "Dar, that's gorgeous!"

"I'm going to get it for her," Darla said. "And even if she doesn't like it, we can put it on display in our own office."

"I think Maddie will love it," Drew said.

"At least we didn't have to spend an hour in here," Hans muttered to Brian when the girls went up to pay.

"At least they're not clothes shopping," Brian said.

"I feel like some ice cream," Drew came back. "Anyone else? There's a great ice cream parlour right down the street."

"Food," Hans said. "There's something I don't mind shopping for. Lead the way..."

"All I have to do is mention his stomach," Darla teased her boyfriend.

"Because of that, I fit in well with your family," Hans said proudly.

"That you do," Darla kissed him. "And I love it."

"My dad wanted to come with when he heard I was going on holiday with Drew's family," Brian said. "He wants to pick RJ's brain..."

Drew laughed. "My parents want to have dinner with yours when we get back. I'll ask RJ to come with so your dad can meet him."

"You'll make his year," Brian said grinning at her.

They were almost to the ice cream parlour when Drew stopped at another storefront. "Wait a minute you guys," she said, looking through the window.

"What?" Brian asked nearly bumping into her. He peered inside. "Tattoos?"

"I've always thought about getting one," Drew said thoughtfully.

"Me too," Darla chimed in.

"Not me," Brian said shaking his head. "I am comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that I have a very low threshold for pain."

Drew laughed. "No time like the present," she looked at her twin. "Are you game?"

Darla grinned. "Let's do it!"

"Darla--" Hans said grabbing her arm. "These things are permanent. Are you sure?"

"Positive," Darla said. "I'll even let you pick mine out."

"I might pick out something horrible," Hans teased.

"You wouldn't do that to me," Darla said confidently.

"I already know exactly what I want," Drew went inside, Brian trailing behind her.

"What's that, Drew?" Brian asked as she looked at some designs on the wall.

"I want Hope's name tattooed on my lower back," Drew replied. "Just a way to keep her with me always."

Brian put his arm around her. "That's sweet."

"You'll hold my hand while they do this right?" Drew asked him. "I am a little bit nervous."

"Yeah, but I might close my eyes while I do it," Brian said grinning at her.

"That's okay," Drew kissed him. "Long as you stay with me."

"Okay," he said. They both laughed when they saw Hans and Darla arguing a few feet away.

"I am not getting that!" she said hitting him on the arm.

"You said I could pick it out," Hans replied.

"Anything but that!" she said pointing at it. "That's obscene!"

"It's sexy," Hans grinned.

"If you like it so much, you get it then," Darla said rolling her eyes.

"How about this one," Hans pointed to another.

"A football?" she asked him. "I'd just as soon have a snitch!"

"Fine then I won't pick one out," Hans crossed his arms.

"I'm just saying that you know me," Darla said. "And you should pick out something that fits my personality and things that I like, Hans."

"All right," Hans flipped through one of the books.

"Honestly!" Darla said shaking her head.

"Which one of you is up first?" a burly looking man behind the counter asked.

"Me," Drew said in a small voice. "My sister hasn't made up her mind yet."

"I've heard it doesn't hurt Drew," Darla said. "At least not that much."

"Doesn't hurt, love," the man said holding out both his arms. "See?"

"You certainly have quite a bit," Drew said looking at his arms that were completely covered in tattoos.

"I guess that's a good thing," Brian said. "Means you sure know what you're doing."

"Do you know which one you want?" the man asked ignoring Brian.

"I'd like my daughter's name on my lower back," Drew said.

"What's her name love?" the man asked, letting her behind the counter to sign some release forms.

"Hope," Drew answered. "I'd like it in some sort of script."

"Here's some samples, Drew," Brian said pointing to a display.

"Thanks Brian," Drew smiled at him and after signing the forms, picked out the script she wanted.

"How about a butterfly, Darla?" Hans asked his girlfriend.

"Everyone has a butterfly," Darla replied.

"You could get my name tattooed on your arse," Hans joked.

"I'm going to forget you said that," Darla said with a groan.

"Come on Dar I was kidding," Hans wrapped his arms around her.

"Okay," she said relaxing against him.

"You like roses," he pointed to another sample.

"Roses are about as overdone as butterflies," she said shaking her head.

"Well then I don't know what you want," Hans shrugged. "I'm out."

"I'm sorry for being picky," she said. "This is something that I'm going to have forever."

"I just don't know what else you'd want," Hans looked around as Drew sat on the table.

"Neither do I," Darla said still looking at the designs.

"So no second thoughts?" the tattoo artist asked Drew.

"Not really," Drew answered nervously.

Brian took her hand. "I'm right here."

Drew nodded as Brian smiled at her reassuringly.

"This won't really hurt," the tattoo artist said. "It's small, so it'll take less than ten minutes to do."

"Okay," Drew said. "I'm ready."

She jumped the first time the needle touched her skin but Drew quickly realised the tattoo artist was right- it didn't sting too much.

She smiled when she saw that Brian's eyes were closed. "You big baby."

"I hate needles," he confessed.

Drew squeezed his hand. "Thank you for being here for me though."

"Sure," he smiled a bit weakly as he avoided looking at her back.

"You don't have to get one, Dar," Hans said.

"I want one," Darla began looking through a book of Japanese symbols.

"O-kay," Hans said holding his hands up in defeat. "Where are you planning on getting it? Your ankle? Your back?"

"Probably the same place as Drew's," Darla looked over at her sister.

Hans glanced over there too. "She seems to be doing okay."

"Oooh..." Darla pointed to one of the symbols. "This means love... what do you think?"

Hans studied it and then looked up and met Darla's gaze. "I like that."

"Good," she smiled at him. "We finally agree."

"Finally," he laughed.

"Did you pick one Dar?" Drew asked. Hers was almost finished.

"Yes finally," Darla said. "When you get finished, I'll show you which one."

"How's it feel?" Brian asked his girlfriend as she finished up.

"Tingles a bit, but it doesn't hurt," Drew replied. "How does it look?"

"Pretty cool," Brian told her. "I think you'll like it a lot."

"Hold on just a second love and I'll give you a mirror to see," the tattoo artist said.

"I can't wait," Drew said excitedly.

Darla had just finished up signing her release forms when she too came around the counter. "Drew, it's beautiful!"

Drew smiled as the tattoo artist brought over a hand mirror. "Go take a look." he said to her.

Drew eagerly took the mirror and walked over to the larger mirror on the wall.

"Oh it's perfect," she whispered. "Absolutely perfect."

Brian smiled and hugged her. "Hope."

"That's perfect for you," Darla smiled at her sister as the tattoo artist explained how to take care of the new tattoo.

"How will your parents react to it?" Hans asked. "I know you're grown women---"

"Mum will be okay, but I imagine Dad will freak out," Darla replied thoughtfully.

"What's he going to really do?" Drew got off the table. "I mean, we're living on our own and we're in our 20's... there's not a whole lot that Dad can say."

"He'll get over it," Darla said. "But we'll probably have to deal with the disappointed look for a couple of days."

"I'll tell him I was against it," Hans said. "And I tried to talk you out of it."

"He's not going to blame you," Darla chided as she hopped up onto the table and beamed at the tattoo artist. "I'm ready!"

"You sure are," he said with a laugh.

Just like Drew, Darla also winced a bit when the needle bit through her skin but quickly grew accustomed to the feeling. "I can't wait to see what it looks like," she said.

"Neither can I," Drew said. "Darla, you're doing great."

"It doesn't hurt," Darla replied. "Too bad our boyfriends are such wusses."

"I never said I wasn't," Brian said putting an arm around Drew.

A couple of hours later, the two couples returned to the beach house where most everyone was on the beach.

"Hi girls," Luna said. "How was shopping?"

"Great," Darla grinned mischievously at her twin.

"Did you buy your old man anything?" Ron asked coming over to give them a hug. "Fudge?"

"Yes, Dad," Darla said handing him a box. "Just as requested."

"That's my girl," Ron said pecking her on the cheek.

"As if you'd let us forget," Drew teased.

"Em want one!" Emma said toddling over to her grandfather.

"Em, you'll spoil your dinner," Ron said swallowing the bite he'd just popped into his mouth.

"Gampa!" Emma gave him a stern look.

"Sweets can be really bad for you, Emma," Ron lectured.

"Gampa!" Emma said stamping her foot.

Drew leaned over to pick up her niece. As she did so, Ron caught sight of something on her lower back. "Drew----"

"What?" Drew gave her father an innocent smile.

"What is that?" Ron asked.

"We got tattoos," Darla said smiling at her father.

"WHAT?" Ron roared.

"Dad stop overacting," Darla replied calmly.

"Let me see, girls," Luna said.

"LUNA!" Ron protested.

"Ronald relax," Luna said. "They're old enough to do what they want to their bodies."

"Pretty!" Emma said clapping her hands.

"Thank you Emma," Drew scooped her up and gave her a kiss.

"It's Hope's name," Luna said softly. "Oh, Drew..."

"Now she's always going to be with me," Drew said.

"Mine is the Japanese kanji symbol for love," Darla lifted the back of her shirt as Ron fumed.

"They're lovely," Luna said.

"I'm going for a walk," Ron said stalking off.

"Dad come on don't get in a strop," Drew followed after him. "We did this on a whim- we were passing by the shop in town and just decided to get them done."

"You know how I feel about stuff like that," Ron said turning to look at her. "You girls didn't need to do that."

"We never knew you hated tattoos," Drew said honestly.

"Well you would have if you'd asked!" Ron exclaimed. "God, I'm turning into my mother..."

"Dad come on," Drew said. "We're still your sweet little girls..."

"Of course you are, but I'm going to need some time to get used to this," Ron said.

"Come on, let's go have some of that fudge before Emma eats it all." Drew gave him a cajoling grin.

"Okay," Ron said quietly.

Luna gave her husband a look when he came back in. "Are you going to pout over this?" she asked him.

"A little," Ron said picking up the box of fudge.

"Be happy," Emma said from her perch on Darla's lap.

"All right," Ron replied. "Does my little mermaid Em want me to be happy?"

Emma giggled and nodded her head.

"I guess I can't say no to that face," Ron held out a piece of fudge and Emma scrambled over to him.

"Tanks Gampa," Emma said taking the fudge.

The front door opened and everyone turned to see RJ.

"I'm back!" RJ said setting his bags down.

"Hey," Ron smiled genuinely as he stood up. "How were your meetings Mr. Big Star Keeper?"

"Tiring," RJ said not mentioning that he was still a little hungover. "Andrew back yet?"

"He arrived this morning," Ron said. "He went into town with Saffron, Alexa and Gabriel."

"I missed them again?" RJ frowned.

"Look at it this way little brother," Drew said coming over to hug her brother. "You get to spend time with us."

"Great," RJ said sarcastically but he was grinning. "Let me go put this stuff upstairs."

"Are you hungry, RJ?" Luna asked her son. "I can make you a sandwich or something..."

"Sure Mum," RJ called back. "I'll eat anything I'm starved."

Ron followed his son upstairs. "Did you see Paul?"

"Yeah," RJ scowled. "I didn't even talk to the wanker. He tried to come up to me and I ducked away."

"Good," Ron said. "I was worried about what would happen if you saw him."

"I wanted to beat the shite out of him," RJ said, tossing his bag onto his bed.

Ron knew his son would see more and more of Paul over the next few months and he hated to think what it would be like for his son to play against the man who had brought so much pain to his big sister.

"Don't worry Dad," RJ said when he saw his father's face. "I won't do anything unless he starts it first all right?"

"Okay," Ron said in a relieved voice. "So other than that, how was the past couple of days?"

"A big haze," RJ said with a grin. "After the meetings we all went out and drank."

"Don't tell your mum about that," Ron said. "She doesn't like hearing about that."

"I won't." RJ agreed. "I'm going to try and ring Saf to see if I can meet them in town. I can't wait to see Lexie."

"Okay son," Ron said. "I'll go see if your mum will make me a sandwich too."

RJ laughed and went out into the hall to get the telephone. He dialled Saffron's mobile number and a few moments later he heard her bubbly voice on the other end.

"Hi, RJ!" Saffron exclaimed. "Are you back?"

"Just got in a few minutes ago," RJ said. "Lexie with you?"

"Yeah she's right here," Saffron replied. "Hold on."

"RJ," Alexa's familiar voice said. "I'm so glad you're back!"

"Hey gorgeous," RJ smiled. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she said softly. "We didn't know what time you were going to be home so we went out without you."

"My mum's making me something to eat but then I thought I'd Apparate into town and meet you lot," RJ replied.

"I have a little surprise for you," Alexa said. "I can play billiards now. Can you believe it?"

"Who taught you?" RJ laughed.

"Last night, Gabe, Saffy, Sean and Ashley and I went into town," Alexa said. "And Gabe was determined to make me into a great player. And I think he must be the world's greatest teacher, because I actually did well. Can you believe it?"

"Yeah..." RJ's smile dropped. "I'll uh... have to play with you to see how good you are now."

"I'll beat the trousers off of you," Alexa said. "We're going to the arcade now. We'll meet you there, okay?"

"All right," RJ said. "I'll be there in about ten minutes."

"Okay," Alexa said. "Love you."

"I love you," RJ said, feeling better. "A lot..."

Alexa had already clicked off the phone and didn't hear his last words.

RJ hurried and ate the sandwich his mother had made for him so he could get to the arcade as fast as possible. For some reason he didn't want Alexa spending any more time alone with this Gabe bloke than she already had.

When he arrived at the crowded arcade, he couldn't see either of his friends or Alexa.

He walked around for several minutes before he spied a head of red hair at the ski ball machines in back.

"You nearly took that man's eye out, O'Leary!" Gabriel teased.

"I didn't mean to throw it so hard," she said blushing. "I was trying to get the most points!"

"I think you've got plenty," Gabriel said dryly. "And Saffy's over there scoring major ones with Andrew."

"Ha-ha!" Alexa said picking up another ball. "Here we go. Watch and learn."

"Learn what?" RJ came up behind her.

"RJ!" Alexa exclaimed throwing her arms around him.

"Hey," RJ spun her around. "Missed you a lot."

"I missed you too," she said giving him a kiss. "You don't have to leave the rest of the holiday right?"

"No way," RJ said. "I'm all yours."

"Good to have you back, RJ," Gabriel said clearing his throat.

"Gabe's been nice enough to keep me company," Alexa said smiling at her new friend.

"Good to see you mate," RJ said. "Glad you've been having a fun time."

"Emma's taken quite the shine to him too," Alexa said. "You should have seen the teddy bear he won for her last night."

"You mean the one she was clutching when I walked in?" RJ asked with a grin. "The huge purple one?"

"That's the one," Alexa said.

"She's a good kid," Gabriel said.

"She's my goddaughter," RJ said. "Eats just like me and Dad."

Gabriel and Alexa laughed as Andrew and Saffron joined them.

"You're still alive then?" Andrew asked clapping his best friend on the back.

"Just barely," RJ grinned. "You and Saf making up for lost time?"

"Of course," Andrew said putting an arm around her. "You tell Lex about that big party?"

"What party is this?" Alexa asked.

"Puddlemere has this big blowout at the end of the summer to start off the season," RJ explained. "I don't know if you'd be able to go, Lex."

"I should be," Alexa said. "I'll check when I'm working at the bakery when we go back home."

"Um," RJ said uncomfortably. "It's not that..."

"What is it?" Alexa asked.

"The club that they're holding it at doesn't allow underage witches or wizards," RJ explained.

"Oh," Alexa said quietly.

"That's just plain stupid," Saffron replied. "If she's your girlfriend she should be able to go."

"My hands are tied, Saf," RJ said. "I asked the coach and he said that there was no way around it and the last thing they needed was some scandal..."

"It's okay," Alexa said forcing a smile. "I'm not into all that anyway."

"I'll make it up to you," RJ promised.

"Okay," Alexa said softly.

"How about you show me your new billiards skills?" RJ asked, squeezing her hand. "I've missed you a lot Lex. I thought about you all weekend."

"Okay," Alexa said. She turned to look at Gabriel. "We'll finish our game later, okay?"

He nodded and watched as she and RJ walked toward the back of the arcade. Andrew excused himself to go and get some more tokens, leaving Saffron and Gabriel alone.

"Are you having fun?" Saffron asked.

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah, too bad we couldn't finish the game, though."

"I'll finish it with you," Saffron offered.

"Thanks, cousin," Gabriel said.

"Prepare to get slaughtered," Saffron nudged him.

"You know you should really work on your confidence," Gabriel said dryly.

"Modesty is a virtue that I do not possess," Saffron tossed her hair back.

"I picked up on that pretty quickly," Gabriel said watching as she rolled her first ball.

"That's why you fit in just fine," Saffron said.

"Forty points," Gabriel said admiringly. "Good one, Saf."

"Thanks," she grinned. "Go ahead."

Gabriel rolled his ball and scored fifty points and he shot a triumphant look at his cousin.

"Lucky throw," she said, grabbing another ball.

"Go ahead superstar," Gabriel said leaning against the wall.

Saffron rolled the ball up. "One hundred!" she cried triumphantly. "I RULE!"

Gabriel stared at her. "You sure you didn't use magic?"

"I can't," Saffron shushed him. "I'm underage."

"Seems like that's stopping a lot of people from doing things," Gabriel said before he could stop himself. "Sorry, it's not my place..."

"What do you mean?" Saffron asked curiously.

"Alexa not being able to go to that party," Gabriel said quietly.

"That has nothing to do with magic," Saffron told him.

"But her being underage does," Gabriel said.

"Well yeah but we can't really do anything about that," she replied. "It would be that way even if we were Muggles."

"I know," Gabriel said. "I just---"

"Fancy her?" Saffron suggested.

"She's just a nice person," Gabriel hastily took his turn.

Saffron folded her arms. "Gabriel..."

"Don't lecture me all right?" Gabriel said.

"I wasn't going to," she said.

"Fine," he said stepping aside. "She's my friend- I'm not the type of bloke to come between a girl and the guy she loves. I've just enjoyed getting to know her- and you as well. Doesn't mean I fancy you."

"I know that," she said gently. "Gabe, I wasn't going to lecture you. And I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable. I'm glad that you've been here."

"Thanks," he smiled at her.

"Aunt Lav said that you were going to your dad's set tomorrow," Saffron said after she rolled another ball.

"Yeah I'll be there all day," Gabriel replied as she scored another hundred points. "It's funny I've lived in California all my life and I've only seen maybe three celebrities. Now I find out my father is one of the biggest directors in the industry."

"Pretty cool, huh?" Saffron asked. "Or surreal..."

"Yeah," he nodded. "I mean at least you've grown up in the spotlight because of who your parents are- in your world that's huge. Celebrities are huge in mine and my dad's the big deal."

"But you'd never know your dad is who he is," Saffron said. "I mean he's the most down-to-earth person..."

"He's really fantastic," Gabriel nodded. "At first I regretted searching him out but now I'm glad I did."

"So am I," Saffron said. "You'd never have met me for one..."

"What would my life be like?" Gabriel asked dryly as he rolled his last ball.

"Dreadful, boring and lonely," Saffron said beaming at him.

"Don't ever change, Saffron," Gabriel chuckled as Andrew came back over.

"Sorry the queue was long," Andrew said. "Wow. Saffy's beating you, mate."

"Don't I know it," Gabriel said with a laugh.

"I always win," Saffron gave her boyfriend a kiss.

"I demand a rematch," Gabriel said.

"I'd still beat your trousers off," Saffron replied. "And I want to play something else."

"Like what?" Andrew asked. "Whack-a-mole?"

"Anything you can win me something on," Saffron grabbed his hand. "Come on Andrew get me a toy."

"You want a big stuffed animal?" Andrew asked. "How old are you?"

Saffron poked him in the side. "Never too old enough for something that you won for me."

"Okay then," Andrew said laughing. "Let's go see what I can win for you. You coming Gabe?"

"Sure," Gabriel answered, wishing he could be playing a game with Alexa instead.

Meanwhile, in the back of the arcade, Alexa sat on a stool with RJ while they waited for the billiards table.

"They really are a great bunch of blokes," RJ was saying. "And the pub we went to last night---we didn't even have to pay for the drinks. How great is that?"

"Great," Alexa forced a smile. "Sounds like you had a great time."

"I really did," RJ said grinning at her. "Best time I've ever had. And since that initiation, they're treating me like one of their own."

"No more dresses I take it?" Alexa laughed.

"No, no more dresses," RJ said shaking his head. "And you'll never believe who I met last night."

"Who?" Alexa reached for his hand.

"Serena Starr," RJ replied. "You know that singer? She looks even better in person and she was really nice."

"Oh..." Alexa's smile froze on her face. "That's... really nice..."

"And she said that I wasn't that bad a dancer," RJ said with a proud grin.

"You danced with her?" Alexa's smile slipped.

RJ nodded. "A couple of times."

Alexa nodded, wishing she didn't feel so jealous.

"She's singing at that party," RJ said. "If you want, I can get you an autograph."

"That's okay," Alexa said. "I'm not really a fan to be honest."

"Oh, okay," RJ said with a shrug. He turned his attention back to the two guys who were finishing up their game. "So, you and Saffy had a good time?"

"Yeah," Alexa replied, pulling her hand out of his.

"Something wrong, Lex?" RJ asked.

"No," she lied unconvincingly.

"Lex--"

"I'm glad you had a good time," she forced a smile onto her face. "Really RJ, I am. I'm glad you're having the time of your life- this is what you always wanted."

"Is this about the party?" he asked her. "You said you were okay with not being able to go..."

"I understand about the party," Alexa replied.

"I can tell something's wrong," he said taking her hand again.

"I just really missed you is all," Alexa said softly as he tucked her hair behind her ear. "I feel like we're being pulled apart."

"That's not going to happen," he promised. "In fact, I think you and I should have a night all to ourselves....just the two of us."

She smiled at him as he leaned in and gave her a proper kiss. "All right," Alexa said. "We'll go out to dinner and then take a walk on the beach or something."

"Or something?" RJ asked grinning at her.

She nudged him. "Don't you go getting ideas Ron Jr."

"Me?" RJ asked innocently. "I don't get ideas."

"You're a guy, you all have ideas." Alexa said as the boys finally finished at the billiards table.

"About?" RJ asked.

"Never mind," Alexa said. "Come on let's just play. I'm dying to show off."

"Are you now?" RJ asked. "I doubt that Gabe helped you out that much, Lex."

"Oh come on I wasn't THAT bad before," Alexa replied.

"You weren't that great," RJ teased.

"Neither are you if I recall correctly," Alexa tossed him an annoyed glance. "At least I'm trying."

"Okay," RJ said laughing. "Let's see what you got."

"Come on Andrew!" Saffron cheered. "Win me that big orange ape up there!"

"That thing?" Andrew asked. "Saffy---"

"It's cute and I like it," Saffron smiled at him. "Sort of reminds me of you in a weird way." she added, making Gabriel snort back his laughter.

"Okay," Andrew said handing the man behind the counter some money. "I just have to hit three of them right?"

"That's right young man," the man handed him three balls. "And you'll get whatever prize you like."

Saffron kissed Andrew's cheek. "For luck."

"I could use a little more of that later," he teased.

"Depends on whether you win me the ape," Saffron said grinning at him.

"I see how it is," Andrew said. "All right..."

"Come on, Andrew!" Saffron said clapping her hands.

Andrew threw his first ball at the bottles as hard as he could and managed to knock the top one off.

"Good start," Saffron said grinning at him. "Two more to go!"

"I'll get this," Andrew said, throwing his second ball.

Saffron squealed when Andrew managed to knock down another bottle. "One more!"

"That ape is as good as yours Saf," Andrew grinned at her.

Saffron crossed her fingers and watched as her boyfriend hit the third bottle. "That's my big strong man!"

"Yeah!" Andrew pumped his fist in the air.

Gabriel laughed as Andrew spun Saffron around.

"You are too much," he told Saffron as she squealed when the man handed the ape to her.

"You aren't the first person to say that to me," Saffron said hugging the ape.

"The things we do for the girls we love, right Gabe?" Andrew asked laughing.

"Tell me about it," he smiled. "What are you going to name it?" Gabriel joked.

"Andrew III," Saffron answered promptly.

"Andrew the Third?" Gabriel asked. "Okay...."

"He's a junior," Saffron explained as Andrew turned red.

"Oh," Gabriel said. "Just like RJ."

"Except he's cuter and nicer and sweeter," Saffron said.

"Thanks Saf," Andrew said. "Now where's more of that good luck you promised?"

"Right here," Saffron said looping her arms around his neck.

Gabriel shook his head before turning away to look at another game.

"I love my ape," she grinned before kissing him.

"Me or that orange thing?" Andrew asked.

"Well I love you just a bit more," Saffron teased.

"Good answer," Andrew said. He took the ape from Saffron. "You not worried that your little Puddles is going to eat him?"

"Puddles doesn't like cotton," Saffron said. "Just people food."

"And he loves you," Andrew said smiling at her.

"Just like you do," she kissed him again as they walked over to the billiards table where RJ and Alexa were concentrating on their game.

"How's it going in here?" Andrew asked.

"She's kicking my arse," RJ admitted.

"Thanks to Gabe," Alexa said smiling at the brown-haired boy as he joined their group.

"I do my best," he grinned at her.

"He was a patient teacher," Alexa said. "How long did we play last night?"

"Feels like forever," Saffron said. "I thought we'd never get out of here."

"The important thing was that we had fun," Alexa said.

"Damn it!" RJ cursed as he missed his shot.

Alexa giggled. "My turn..."

"Remember what I showed you," Gabriel coached.

"I know," Alexa concentrated as she made her shot.

Alexa sank her shot and Andrew, Gabriel and Saffron cheered.

"I stand corrected," RJ slid his arm around his girlfriend. "You're damn good at this Lexie."

"Told you so," Alexa said winking at him.

RJ gave her a kiss. "I'll buy you an ice cream tonight before we walk on the beach all right? To celebrate your win."

"Banana split," Alexa said hugging him tightly.

Gabriel quickly turned away; a move that didn't go unnoticed by Saffron.

"Come on," Andrew said. "We should get back to the house. Saf and I wanted to go out on the boat this afternoon."

"Yeah," RJ said. "I'd like to fit in a kip somewhere, too. I'm knackered."

"Sounds good to me," Alexa agreed. "Come on Gabe."

"Right behind you," Gabriel said.