Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance

Amynoelle and Heaven

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me.
And then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."

I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes.
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.

The morning of Lavender's wedding found the blonde awake and getting ready at half past nine. "I hardly slept at all last night," she said to her cousin. "I'm so bloody excited!"

Hermione laughed. "If you play your cards right you won't be getting any sleep tonight, either."

Lavender grinned. "That much was already a given. And you're one to talk Hermione. I'm surprised you and Harry ever get any sleep at all."

Hermione patted her stomach and smiled. "When this one comes along, I reckon we won't get any sleep."

"I still can't believe you're pregnant again." Lavender swept her hair up.

"Neither can I," Hermione said walking over to the closet and pulling out Lavender's dress robes.

"Seamus has tried to catch me in those since I finished them." Lavender slid them on. "He's such a prat."

"He's going to swoon when he sees you in them," Hermione said admiringly. "They really are beautiful, Lav."

"Thank you," Lavender beamed with pride. "It's a new record for me- I've never finished such an elaborate set of robes within one month."

Hermione smiled. "You had a wonderful incentive."

"That I did," Lavender said, thinking of the man who would be her husband in a few short hours. "I can't wait to be married. This feels so much different than those other ones Hermione."

"What other ones?" Hermione teased. "I thought they didn't count."

"You know what I mean," Lavender jabbed her cousin playfully in the side.

"I do," Hermione said grinning at her. "I am so happy for you both. I just wish you weren't moving so far away."

"I know," Lavender said, sobering. "I'm going to miss you so much Hermione."

Hermione started to cry. When Lavender tried to comfort her, Hermione waved her hand.

"Don't mind me," Hermione whimpered. "I cry at the drop of a hat these days and just thinking about you leaving started me off again."

"I promise to be here when this little one is born," Lavender vowed. "No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'll drop it and be here on the spot."

"I know you will," Hermione said giving her cousin a hug. "And you can floo in whenever you want."

"Which I already know Harry will just love," Lavender teased, trying to make her cousin laugh again.

Hermione dabbed at her eyes. "Well you know he's just having a go at you when he complains about that."

"Harry and I have a history of having a go at each other," Lavender grinned.

"That's Mr. Wonderful to you," Hermione said, recalling Lavender's old nickname for him.

Lavender laughed. "Does he still make you call him that?"

"Every once in awhile," Hermione replied. She looked at her watch. "We better get a move on. You're due at the church soon."

"I'm a little nervous," Lavender confessed as they left her flat.

"You have no reason to be," Hermione reassured her. "It's a small wedding---just your friends and family. And you're marrying the love of your life."

"That's true," Lavender smiled. "He just better not have gone and gotten pissed last night."

"Harry just said they were taking him out for drinks," Hermione said. She didn't let her cousin know that she'd not seen Harry at all since leaving him early yesterday evening.

"If they wound up at the Veela Snatch he'll be sleeping outside tonight," Lavender frowned. "You don't think they'd go there do you? It was bad enough they went there when you and Harry got married but that place has just gone downhill--"

"I don't think they went there, Lav," Hermione interjected, hoping that they hadn't.

"How are things with Julie and Nick?" Lavender changed the subject.

Hermione smiled. "Great. I've never seen her so happy."

"A part of me still can't believe that a Malfoy turned out to be... nice." Lavender said. "He's so charming too."

"He's a Weasley too," Hermione reminded her. "In fact, he's more a Weasley than a Malfoy when you think about it."

"That goes without saying," Lavender snorted. "I'm just so glad for Jules."

"Me too," Hermione said. "Everything's falling into place for her. She has Nick and she's starting her new job next month."

"Not to mention that adorable little cottage they found in Guilford," Lavender added. "It sort of reminds me of the place you and Harry lived in when you first moved in together."

Hermione nodded. "I know. Speaking of places to live, you didn't tell me where you and Seamus will be staying? Are you going to live at his place or will the two of you find something new?"

"He's got a cosy place above his studio," Lavender said. "But I want a big house over there. You should just SEE some of the mansions Hermione."

"Ah," Hermione said. "I get it. Small wedding, but you want a BIG house."

"Exactly," Lavender said in satisfaction. "I already have my eye on an enormous home it's right on the beach."

"And it has a floo connection, right?" Hermione asked. "Or will once you buy it..."

"It will once we get it," Lavender's eyes gleamed. "It's so bloody rich there. I fit in like a glove."

"Of course you do," Hermione said, genuinely happy for her cousin. Everything she'd ever wanted, she was going to have.

"When did Aunt Elinore say they were getting here?" Lavender asked once they were in the church.

"Should be any minute now," Hermione said looking at her watch. "If you think I'm overly emotional, wait until Mum arrives."

"I remember how hard she cried at your wedding," Lavender grinned.

"Yes, when she wasn't driving me bloody mad about how I should wear my hair and what flowers I should have," Hermione said with a laugh.

"Oh, Lav!" Cho said coming over to them with Luna in tow. "Look how beautiful you look!"

"Thanks you guys," Lavender hugged her friends. "You both look stunning as well!"

"Nowhere near as beautiful as you," Luna told her.

"I'm the bride," Lavender teased with a grin. "I'm supposed to look the best."

"And the most modest as well," Hermione joked.

Lavender stuck her tongue out at Hermione which only caused everyone to nearly collapse into giggles.

"Careful ladies," Cho said. "We don't want her to ruin her makeup!"

"Have you seen the guys yet?" Hermione asked Luna.

"Last night," Luna said. "Ronald never came home."

"Neither did Neville," Cho said.

Lavender frowned. "I don't like this..."

Josh was walking by with Lizzy and Luna called her son over. "Sweetheart, have you seen your father today?"

"Nope," Josh replied, his arm around the blonde. "Wow Lavender, you look really nice!"

"Thank you, Joshua," Lavender beamed at him.

"If you see him tell him to come back here immediately," Luna instructed. "That goes for any of the guys but Seamus."

"Okay, Mum," Josh promised. "And don't worry. Jon and Allie are looking after Maddie, Drew and Darla."

"All right," Luna said.

"Don't worry Lav," Hermione said. "Harry was in charge last night and he won't have let anything bad happen."

"That might not be a good thing," Cho said tactlessly. "You remember how he was in charge of Ron's stag night? I didn't know it was possible to get..."

"They did get rather pissed," Luna replied, a frown creasing her brow.

Lavender nervously began to pace in front of her friends. "If Seamus Finnigan is late for our wedding so help me---"

"He won't be late," Hermione said in a soothing manner. "Come on, why don't Cho and I go and look around a bit and I bet they're coming in right now."

"Thanks Hermione," Lavender said watching as Hermione and Cho walked away. "Luna, do you really think I'm worrying for nothing?"

"Maybe a bit," Luna replied, hoping her friends would find the men.

The groom-to-be was actually trying to get dressed. A late night of drinking with his friends hadn't been such a great idea, he thought to himself as he tried to put on his tie.

"I'm sorry," Ron called out from the next room. "But you should know never to trust me to set the alarm! I was too pissed last night!"

Harry glared at him. "It was your only bloody responsibility Ron."

"Oh sod off, Harry," Ron grumbled. "You were the one who kept buying all those shots."

"And I would have still remembered to set the alarm." Harry snapped back. "Ugh I hope someone here knows how to make a hangover potion."

"I've got it," Neville said coming into the room carrying two mugs.

"I'm not drinking anything you fixed Longbottom," Ron said shaking his head.

"It's better than nothing," Harry grabbed a mug and downed it's contents.

Neville pushed a mug at Ron. "Come on, Ron. You'll thank me for it."

"I'm still alive and kicking," Harry said sarcastically.

Reluctantly, Ron took the mug and he winced when he got a whiff of the potion.

"It smells like shite," he groaned.

"Doesn't taste much better," Neville said ruefully. "But it's either this or a nasty hangover and I think Lavender might drive a spike heel up your arse if you show up the way you are."

Ron nodded and quickly drained the mug.

He coughed. "It tasted like shite, too."

"I had to give Seamus a double dose," Neville grinned. "So be glad that's all it was Weasley."

"Right, right," Ron said, feeling the nausea and headache going away.

"Oi Seamus!" Harry hollered. "How you feeling mate?"

"Nervous," Seamus called back. "We need to get a move on. We're late as it is."

"Right," Harry pulled his jacket on. "You clean up well." he grinned at Seamus.

"Thanks Potter," Seamus said. He looked at Ron who was still wearing his clothes from last night. "Ron!"

"What?" Ron whined. "I'm getting dressed!"

"Move faster," Seamus ordered.

Ron stumbled into his trousers. "You wankers going to sit around and watch?" he asked crabbily.

"You wish," Seamus said glaring at him.

"How about Nev and I go ahead to the church," Harry offered. "That way we can tell Lavender that you're just running a little behind."

"I'm ready to go," Seamus said. "We're just waiting on Weasley here."

"I'm ready," Ron said grabbing his tie and slipping into his shoes. "Let's roll."

"Amazing how fast you clean up," Seamus muttered.

"The sooner we get to the church, the sooner you get married," Ron explained cheekily. "And the sooner we get to eat!"

Harry, Neville and Seamus managed to share a three way look. "Surprise that you have food on the brain," Neville teased. "Ten minutes ago you swore you'd never eat again."

"Thanks to Neville's little brew, I'm a new bloke," Ron said. "But seriously, we are getting too old for this."

"Aye," Harry laughed. "Well we ARE all finally married, or going to be in about a half hour."

"Right," Seamus said impatiently. "Let's go!"

The men had just entered the church as Hermione and Cho were walking across the main lobby. "There you are!" Hermione said. "Where on earth have you been?"

"We overslept," Harry replied. "That's all."

Both Hermione and Cho looked at Ron. "Bet it was your fault," Cho cracked.

"Technically it was Potter's fault," Ron said defensively. "He was the one who dared me to..."

"Dared you to what?" Hermione asked, folding her arms.

"Shut up Ron," Harry glowered.

"Right," Ron said sheepishly. "We just went out to get a drink or two."

Hermione gave her husband a cold stare. "If this wasn't my cousin's wedding day..."

"You look beautiful Hermione," Harry said moving to kiss her. "As always..."

"We have a half hour," Hermione turned her cheek.

"Busted," Ron muttered gleefully under his breath.

Hermione glared at him again. "You're not off the hook Ronald Weasley. Just wait until Luna hears why you were late."

"Come on Hermione!" Ron exclaimed. "Don't tell me you girls didn't have a drink or two last night as well..."

"I didn't," Hermione shot back. "Pregnant? Remember?"

"Oh yeah," Ron said sheepishly.

"I'd better go and meet with the vicar," Seamus said. "Hermione? If you see Lavender, would you tell her I can't wait to see her, okay?"

"Okay Seamus," Hermione smiled at him. "You look very handsome."

"Thank you," he said giving her a hug. "Go easy on that husband of yours. He behaved himself last night."

"Okay," Hermione kissed his cheek.

Meanwhile, the wedding guests were starting to arrive. Allison and Jon were sitting in the second row watching over Maddie, Drew, Darla and Frankie.

Maddie kept looking over her shoulder for Ethan, who hadn't arrived yet.

"He is coming, isn't he?" Maddie asked Jon.

"He'll be here Mad Dog," Jon assured his little sister.

Maddie smiled. "I'm going to save him a seat."

"I bet he'll be really excited to know that," Jon grinned at Allison, who giggled.

"I wish Dolly could have come too," Maddie said wistfully.

"She'd have made a mess of things," Frankie said.

"She would have been in her cage," Maddie told her.

"You can save her a piece of wedding cake," Allison told the little girl. "You remember how much she loved those cookies you and I baked when I visited, right?"

"That was fun Allie," Maddie said. "I wish you could come back and stay until school starts."

"Me too," Jon said under his breath.

Allison smiled. "I had so much fun with you guys."

"Maybe when you come back for Christmas you can stay over again!" Maddie said excitedly.

"I'd love that," Allison said. The two weeks she'd spent in Ireland with the Weasleys went by way too fast.

"We'll have to ask your parents," Jon put his arm around her shoulders. "Or maybe I can come stay at your place right after Christmas."

"Our first Christmas," Allison said happily. "Together, I mean."

"I know," Jon grinned. "I already have ideas on what to get you for a gift. And no, I'm not giving you hints."

Frankie rolled her eyes. "I'm going to go and find Mum."

"The ceremony's about to start Frankie," Allison said.

"Oh," Frankie said, sitting back down. "I'll stay but quit talking mushy stuff."

Allison rolled her eyes at Jon who grinned. "Come on Frankie, when you get your first boyfriend we'll all get to hear about it about twenty times."

"And you'll listen just like I listen to you about Jon," Frankie said smugly.

"She tells you about us?" Jon asked. "What does she say?"

"She doesn't tell me...exactly," Frankie said. "I've heard her say things to Chiaki though."

"You little sneak!" Allison said glaring at her sister.

Frankie shrugged. "If you'd only tell me then I wouldn't have to spy on you."

"You're not supposed to eavesdrop," Drew said. "It's not polite."

"Thank you Ms. Manners," Frankie rolled her eyes.

Drew was about to retort when Maddie let out a happy squeal. "Ethan!" she waved to the boy who'd come in with Julie and Nick. "I saved you a seat!"

Ethan paled. "Come on, Jules. Let's sit over here."

"Ethan come on," Julie tugged her brother's hand. "It's just Maddie."

"It's just that I think she fancies me," Ethan whispered.

"That's fairly obvious Ethan," Nick grinned at him. "Come on, she's cute and it'll make her day if you sit by her."

"It'll make MY day if I don't," Ethan argued.

"She's not going to do anything to you." Julie said. "Don't be a baby Ethan."

"I'm not a baby," Ethan grumbled, reluctantly following his sister down the aisle toward Maddie and the others.

"Ethan you can sit next to me!" Maddie's face was practically alit with joy.

"That's okay," Ethan said. "I'll sit beside Nick."

Nick pushed Ethan down onto the bench next to his young cousin. "And I'll sit here next to Jules."

Ethan glared at him. "Fine."

"Do you think our wedding will be like this?" Maddie asked him. "Dolly can be our flower girl."

Ethan stared at her open mouthed. "Our wedding?"

"I already told you about that," Maddie smiled winningly at him.

"We're kids," Ethan told her. "We can't get married."

"You can if Mum and Dad say so," Julie teased her brother.

Ethan was beyond happy to see Seamus walking down the aisle with his father and the vicar. The ceremony was about to begin and hopefully Maddie would stop talking nonsense.

Nick put his arm around Julie as they waited for everyone else to arrive. "This is nice," he said softly. "Just sitting here with you."

"I know," she said leaning against him. "You're right where you belong, Nick."

"Where I should have been all along." Nick replied.

Julie smiled. "It doesn't matter what happened now. We're not going to think about the past, remember? We're going to think about our future."

"Our future," Nick grinned back before leaning in to give her a kiss. "I love the sound of that."

"Me too," Julie said softly.

Lavender took her Uncle Robert's hand and tried not to cry. "I wish my parents could see me now."

"I'm sure they do," Robert squeezed his niece's hand. "But I'm proud of you Lavender, as proud as any parent could be."

"Thanks, Uncle Robert," Lavender said, her lower lip trembling. "I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Third time's the charm right?" Robert teased gently.

Lavender laughed. "You know those others didn't count."

"Of course," Robert said. "Well your young man is up there waiting for you. Shall we?" he asked with a smile.

"I have kept him waiting for too long," Lavender said grinning at her uncle.

"By all means," Robert said. His wife was already sitting up in the front and crying, Hermione trying to keep her calm.

Lavender's eyes locked on Seamus as she and Robert slowly made their way down the aisle.

"Hopefully your dad has a good grip so she doesn't turn and run," Harry said under his breath.

Hermione elbowed him in the ribs. "You are so not helping your case right now."

"What did I do?" he asked innocently

"Stayed out all night for one," Hermione whispered. "And for another you're making jokes at the worst possible time."

Harry sat back sullenly. "It's not as if I've never done that before," he whispered back as Lavender and Robert made it up the aisle.

"Done what---stayed out all night?" she asked him quietly.

"Yeah," Harry replied as the vicar began the ceremony. "You've never been in a strop about it before."

Hermione bit back her retort. She didn't want to ruin her cousin's wedding by picking a fight with Harry. But she certainly planned to let him have it when they were alone.

Harry crossed his arms and tried not to pout as Lavender and Seamus exchanged their vows.

When the ceremony was over, Lavender and Seamus kissed as their guests stood and applauded.

"I'm finally Mrs. Finnegan," Lavender said tearfully to her husband.

"So you are going to take my name then?" he teased, kissing her once more.

Lavender laughed. "Perhaps," she said coyly.

"Whether you go by Brown, Finnegan, or Brown-Finnegan you're still my wife," he said softly. "That's the important thing."

"Yes it is," Lavender hugged him as their friends and family swarmed around them.

Hermione hugged her cousin, tears flowing down her cheeks. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you," Lavender tried not to cry. "I can't believe it finally happened!"

"Neither can I," Harry joked. He looked down at his watch. "Two minutes and counting."

"Stop it Harry," Hermione elbowed him. "This one is going to last forever. Of course, this is the only one that actually happened!"

"I'm just going to be quiet the rest of the day then," Harry said.

"That's the best wedding present you could have given me," Lavender said smiling at him.

"Right," Harry kissed her cheek. "I really am happy for you. Both of you." he grinned at Seamus.

"Thanks, Harry," Seamus said. "For everything."

"You should thank Neville for the sobering potion," Harry muttered back.

"Exactly what did you guys do last night?" Hermione asked, hearing what her husband had said.

"We drank," Harry said. "A lot."

"Where exactly did you do this drinking?" Hermione asked. Sensing a blow up, Lavender and Seamus moved away for pictures. Hermione folded her arms. "I'm waiting..."

"It was just at a pub Hermione," Harry said. "Why are you making a big deal out of this? It was Seamus's last night as a single man."

"Because you are an insensitive arse," Hermione said, walking away from him.

Harry looked in bewilderment at Luna. "What did I do wrong?" he asked.

"She's hormonal," Luna said. "We all get like that when we're pregnant. You've just forgotten since it's been so long."

"She was never like this when she was pregnant with Julie or Ethan." Harry looked at his children who were standing on the other side of the room hugging their aunt.

"You should just go over there and apologise," Luna said. "That's probably what she wants to hear."

"I don't think she wants anything from me at the moment," Harry said sullenly.

"Why don't you try talking to her at the reception?" Luna suggested. "Come on, Harry. You and Hermione have fought before. It'll pass."

"I know," Harry said. "You're right." he smiled at her. "Has Ron told you how lovely you look today Mrs. Weasley?"

"He hasn't now that you mention it," she said. "I think he's avoiding me."

"Why's that?" Harry asked. "So you won't give him the third degree about how much he had to drink last night?"

"How much did he have to drink last night?" Luna asked. "You can tell me."

"We all had plenty," Harry said. "Just trust me on that."

"He didn't do anything stupid, did he?" Luna asked. "He didn't stand up on the bar and sing or anything like that, did he?"

Harry's lips twitched. "Let's just say we were lucky we were in a Wizarding pub," he patted Luna's shoulder. "As everyone there has already heard every Weird Sisters song your husband belted out."

Luna groaned. "He didn't!"

"Afraid so," Harry replied. "Although he was so pissed he probably doesn't remember any of it."

"You mustn't have been too pissed if you remember it," Luna said.

Harry grinned wider. "Someone had to recall all the embarrassing details for years to come."

"Come on, Dad," Ethan said joining them. "Grandma said we're going to the reception."

"Are you hungry little man?" Harry asked, ruffling his son's hair.

Ethan nodded. "Where's Mum?"

"Avoiding me," Harry mumbled. "Over there with Julie."

Ethan looked quizzically at his father. "Why is Mum avoiding you?"

"You can ask her that," Harry said. "I don't know why. I'll never bloody understand women."

Ethan looked over at Maddie who was talking to Josh and Lizzy. "Me either, Dad."

Hermione was still ignoring him at the restaurant where the reception was being held. As much as Harry wanted to find out exactly why she was being so anal, he was tired of giving in to her as well.

"Dad?" Julie asked, waving her hand in front of her father's face. "Earth to Dad..."

"Hm?" Harry asked. "What's wrong Jules?"

"I was thinking of asking you the same question," Julie said sitting down beside him. "You're at one table and Mum's at another. What's going on?"

"Ask her," Harry shrugged. "She's the one ignoring me- she's the one angry with me for no reason."

Julie sighed. When Julie asked her mother the same question, Hermione's response was to 'Go ask your father.' This was getting ridiculous, she thought to herself. Without another word to her father, she stood up and walked over to the table where her mother was.

"Come with me," Julie said taking her mother's hand.

"What is it Jules?" Hermione asked.

"Just come with me," Julie said leading her mother over to where her father was sitting.

"Okay," Julie said. "Now sit down."

"No," Hermione said stubbornly.

"Sit," Julie ordered through clenched teeth.

Harry refused to look at his wife as she sighed heavily.

"Who's the parent here Julie Liliane?" Hermione asked.

"Right now---me," Julie said. "You're both behaving like children."

"Julie you don't understand," Hermione began.

"Well could you explain it to both of us then?" Harry asked.

Hermione glared at him. "You know very well what you did!"

"I went out and had a good time with my friend on his last night as a bachelor," Harry snapped. "Big fucking deal."

"You see?" Hermione asked, looking at Julie.

"See what?" Julie was confused.

"He has no bloody idea," Hermione said.

"Mum," Julie said quietly. "Don't you think you're blowing this a little out of proportion? Look at Seamus and Lavender. Whatever he and Dad did with Uncle Ron and Uncle Neville, she's not upset about it. She married him today. And I don't see Aunt Cho and Aunt Luna upset. You know Dad would never do anything---"

"I know," Hermione huffed angrily and got back up, storming out of the banquet room.

"What in the world is going on?" Julie asked, defeated.

"Luna said it's all hormones from her pregnancy," Harry replied. "Guess I should go bury the hatchet."

Julie could tell her father didn't really want to because he didn't think he'd done anything wrong. She could certainly understand that. "Maybe you should just leave her alone, Dad. She'll come around...eventually."

Harry shook his head. "I just don't know... she was never this way with you or Ethan."

"Well, Mum is in her forties now," Julie said reassuringly. "That might have something to do with it."

"I guess," Harry didn't seem convinced. "Well I'm going to let her come to me for a change. I'm going to enjoy my day and if she wants to pout then she can go ahead."

"I have an even better idea," Julie said. "How about you dance with your daughter?"

"Now that I can definitely do," Harry grinned, holding out his hand.

"Just remember to go easy on me," Julie said as he led her out on the dance floor. "I'm not as good at this as you are."

"You're a natural," Harry said, grinning at Seamus and Lavender who seemed to not realise they weren't alone in the room.

Lavender smiled up at her husband. "Don't tell anyone this, Mr. Finnegan, but you are dancing."

"It's a secret," Seamus dipped her back. "And I knew I couldn't get through the day without it..."

"You've gotten better with age," she said giggling.

"So have you my dear," Seamus grinned. "You did step on my feet a few times at those designer parties we used to go to."

"As I recall it was YOU who stepped on MY feet," Lavender said.

"We stepped on each other's feet," Seamus swung her around.

"Well out of our friends, we are the worst dancers," Lavender admitted.

Seamus laughed. "I suppose you're right. But they had training and we didn't."

Lavender laughed. "Yes they did. But we're doing okay I think."

"More than okay," Seamus leaned in for a kiss.

"Get a room!" Neville joked as he and Cho danced beside them.

"Sod off Longbottom," Seamus said. "You did plenty of snogging in front of everyone at your own wedding."

"Fair enough," Neville said. "Congratulations you two. It's about time you made an honest man out of him, Lav."

"Thank you Neville," Lavender grinned as she snuggled against her husband.

"You were a beautiful bride, Lav," Cho chimed in.

"Thank you Cho," Lavender stopped dancing so she could hug her friend. "I'm just so glad you're all here celebrating with us."

"We'd never have let you get married in Los Angeles," Cho said. "You know that."

Seamus laughed. "Not into the glitter and glitz of my city?" he teased.

"It's not that," Cho said. "The two of you should be married here. This is your home. This was where you met. This was where you fell in love."

"That it is," Seamus kissed the side of his wife's head. "And where we fell in love all over again."

"I don't think we ever stopped," Lavender turned to look up at him.

"No we sure didn't," Seamus said kissing her. "And we never will."

"Never," Lavender snuggled back into him.

Hermione walked back into the reception and saw that most of her friends were dancing. Even her son was dancing--albeit reluctantly--with Maddie. She caught sight of her husband by the bar. It was time to apologise, she thought as she made her way over to him.

"Hey there, handsome," she said tapping him on the shoulder. "You wouldn't want to buy a pregnant lady a glass of milk, would you?"

Harry looked at her in surprise. "Sure," he said, his tone calmer than it had been earlier. "I'll get you anything you want."

Hermione smiled. "I am sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean it..."

"I just didn't understand what you were so angry about," Harry replied. "I don't know if you were thinking we had veelas involved or anything but all we did was drink. I was the most sober one of the bunch."

"I don't know either," she said honestly. "I'm just really emotional right now---with Lavender leaving and the baby.."

Harry slid an arm around her. "Permission to touch my hormonal wife?" he teased.

"Permission granted," she said smiling up at him. "I was really horrible to you, wasn't I?"

"Just a bit," Harry said, handing her a glass of milk. "I guess I should learn to accept it a bit more aye?"

"Just be patient with me," she said taking the glass. "I know I probably won't make it easy."

"Probably not," Harry agreed. "But we'll make it through this. We always do."

"We will," Hermione promised. "And we'll have a new baby in just a few months."

"By this time next year we'll know," Harry agreed.

Hermione started to cry. "I'm sorry---I just love you so much!"

"Shh..." Harry pulled her close. "I love you too sweetheart."

Hermione hugged him. "Want to dance with me? While you can still put your arms around me?"

"I'd love to dance," Harry gave her a kiss as he led her out onto the floor.

Julie watched as her parents started to dance. She didn't know who had apologised to whom, but it didn't really matter.

"Remind me to tell them 'I told you so'," Julie whispered to Nick.

Nick laughed. "They've finally stopped arguing eh?" he asked, pulling his girlfriend closer.

"Looks that way, doesn't it?" Julie asked, smiling as her father winked at her from across the floor. "They don't argue much, but when they do---look out."

"Is this any indication of how you'll be if I ever get you pregnant?" Nick asked jokingly.

"I am my mother's daughter," Julie told him.

"Maybe I'll make it a point to tour during those nine months," he grinned at her.

Julie hit him on the chest. "You better not, Nicholas Malfoy!"

"Ouch!" Nick said. "You hit hard!"

"You just keep that in mind," Julie teased.

Maddie must have walked all over the reception hall looking for Ethan, but she hadn't been able to find him. Defeated for the moment, she walked over to where her brothers and sisters were sitting.

"No luck, Mads?" Jon asked his little sister.

"I don't know where he went," she sat down next to Josh who rubbed her shoulders sympathetically.

"Want us to go straighten him out for you Mad Dog?" he joked. "Give him the old big brother talk about not hurting our little sister?"

Maddie shook her head. "I don't want to scare him off."

"Too late," Jon muttered to Allison who gave him a jab in the rib cage.

"Be nice," Allison whispered. "I think it's adorable."

"Why don't we help you find him?" Julie had joined their little group. "I know my brother pretty well and I know where he likes to lurk."

"Okay," Maddie said happily, getting to her feet. "Let's go get him!"

Julie laughed as Nick picked up the four year old. "I heard that you've become an evil but beautiful princess," he teased her with a grin. "And it's a rule that all princesses must be carried wherever they go."

Maddie giggled. "I like that rule!"

"I bet you do," Nick tickled her.

Ethan sat down on the floor behind one of the large tables. Greta was sitting right beside him and he'd made his new nanny promise that she wouldn't tell anyone where he was.

"Ethan I think Maddie's looking for you," Greta was saying quietly. "If you don't mind me saying so, I think you should just relax and have fun. She's a sweet little girl."

"Shh!" Ethan hissed. "Don't tell her where I am, Greta. I'm begging you!"

"Ethan James!" Julie was standing behind the table next to him, her arms crossed. "What are you doing down there?"

Ethan turned and looked sheepishly at his sister. "I--I'm playing hide and seek."

Julie shook her head. "Mum and Dad would be disappointed to hear that you're hiding from Maddie. Don't act like I'm stupid Ethan, I know that's exactly what you're doing."

"But she wants to dance with me, Jules," Ethan protested. "I don't want to dance with her!"

"Nick's dancing with her right now," Julie pointed across the room to where her boyfriend was spinning around with the little blonde, making her laugh. "So you can come dance with me."

Ethan thought about this for a moment. Hopefully, Maddie would be preoccupied with her cousin and not even see him.

"Okay," Ethan finally said, getting to his feet.

Julie sent Greta a smile as she led her little brother out onto the floor. "How come you're so scared of her Ethan?" she asked. "She just has a crush on you."

"Because I don't like girls," Ethan said as if the answer should have been obvious. "Especially ones who chase after me and want me to dance with them. Did you know she tried to kiss me when we first walked in?"

Julie bit her lower lip to keep from grinning. "She tried to plant one on you did she?"

"Yes," Ethan replied. "And I know everyone tells me to be nice, but she doesn't make it easy!"

"I suppose we are favouring her a bit here," Julie mused. "I can see how it could be a bit annoying- but just hang in there Ethan. Maybe one day you'll change your mind about her."

"Not bloody likely," Ethan muttered.

"When I was your age I didn't like boys," Julie told him. "I swore I'd never get married or have a boyfriend either."

"How old were you when you changed your mind?" Ethan asked curiously.

"I started liking guys a lot more when I started at Hogwarts," Julie replied.

"I'm never going to change my mind," Ethan said stubbornly. "Never."

"If you say so Ethan," Julie grinned at him, mussing his hair.

Lavender couldn't stop smiling as Seamus led her back over to the main table.

"This is the happiest day of my life," she whispered in his ear.

"Mine too," he hugged her tightly.

"I still can't believe I'm moving to Los Angeles," she said. "We're going to have to clear away some time so we can go house hunting."

"Why would we have to do that?" Seamus asked.

"You're place is kind of small, isn't it?" Lavender asked him. "And we did talk about buying a proper home. I want to have my own office where I can design..."

"You mean the waterfront property you have your heart set on," Seamus replied.

"You liked it too," Lavender reminded him. "And we really need to make an offer before someone swoops in and takes it from us."

"Well how can they do that when we already own it?" Seamus asked with a grin. He dug into his pocket and produced a key, dangling it in front of his wife's eyes.

"We---we own it?" Lavender asked taking the key from him. "Really? You're not just teasing me? It's really ours?"

"It's really ours," Seamus grinned. "I signed the papers yesterday."

Lavender wrapped her arms around him. "You are the best husband in the whole wide world!"

"I like the sound of that," Seamus laughed as she bounced like a young child.

"I cannot wait to decorate it!" Lavender squealed. "I already have so many ideas."

"I can't wait to see what you do with the place," Seamus grinned. "And once we have everything set up we'll have everyone over to see it."

Lavender's smile faltered a bit. "We are really leaving, aren't we?"

Seamus touched her cheek. "I already have the place hooked up to the floo network, if that makes you feel any better."

"I know," Lavender said. "And it does make me feel better. It's just going to be hard to say goodbye."

"I know," Seamus said. "It's never easy. But we have it a hell of a lot better than Muggles do."

"Yes we do," Lavender said as Seamus poured them both another glass of champagne.

"Now it's my time to get you good and pissed," he laughed. "So you forget about everything but what a great time we're going to have tonight."

"What on earth would we be doing tonight?" Lavender asked innocently.

"Let's get drunk and find out," Seamus winked at her.