Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: We're sorry to have left you hanging on the Hannah storyline. But hopefully this chapter will make up for it. And you also get to see RJ's attempt to get into Hogwarts. We hope you enjoy. It's also a chapter that you all have been waiting for as a rather big event happens :D

It was past midnight when he made it to Hogwarts. It wasn't an easy task and he hated breaking into Julie and Nick's house to do it, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Thankfully, Julie was the new head of house for Gryffindor and her fireplace led directly to the Gryffindor common room.

"Yes," he said under his breath as he looked carefully around the common room for any late night students or worse, Peeves.

All too soon, he remembered that boys weren't allowed in the girls' dormitories. "Shite," he cursed.

RJ bit his lower lip. It could be dangerous to knock on the door but it seemed he didn't have any other choice.

Saffron's bed was closest to the door and at the knock, her eyes shot open. She had been having a particularly good dream about Andrew and whoever was at the door was going to have a lot of explaining to do. The second-year boys had been pulling pranks the entire term and she'd had enough. Saffron threw back her covers and yanked open the door. "WHAT?" she hissed.

"Shite," RJ nearly stumbled backward. "Saffy it's just me!" he held his hands up.

Saffron blinked. "RJ?" She rubbed at her eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I had to come see Lexie," he whispered.

Saffron stared at him in disbelief. "Have you lost your mind?"

"I guess," he shrugged. "Can you get her for me?"

"Do you know how many school rules you've just broken?" Saffron asked him.

"Do you think I care?" RJ replied. "I'm not in school anymore Saffron, so it doesn't matter. Can you please get Lexie for me?"

"Hold on," Saffron said shaking her head as she closed the door. She walked over to her best friend's bed and drew back the curtains to her four-poster bed. "Lex?" she asked gently shaking her.

"Mmm..." Alexa blinked sleepily. "Something wrong Saffy?"

"You have a visitor," Saffron replied. "At the door."

"Huh?" Alexa pushed her hair back. "A visitor?"

Saffron nodded. "And as far as I'm concerned, I've no memory of this taking place. Leave me out of it."

Alexa pulled a robe on over her pyjamas and headed for the door.

RJ didn't even give her time to speak when she opened the door; he pulled her to him and kissed her soundly.

Alexa let out a squeal and at first tried to push him away.

His mouth pressed down firmly against hers and his tongue sought entrance into her mouth.

Alexa realised who was kissing her and gave in completely, wrapping her arms around his neck.

RJ reached around her and pulled the door shut. This was just what he'd needed and Scanlon was right. It was time to stop being a straight arrow.

"RJ..." she breathed. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't stay away," he whispered against her neck.

"I'm sorry you didn't win," Alexa closed her eyes as he suckled on her neck.

"Mmmm," RJ murmured.

"We should go somewhere private," Alexa whispered.

"As long as we get there fast," he said his eyes dark as he looked at her.

"Right," Alexa felt weak kneed at the look he was giving her. "Wait here for just a moment." she ran back into the room and went into Saffron's trunk for the invisibility cloak.

"Lexie," Saffron whispered. "This is a bad idea. He shouldn't be here and you know it."

"I know," Alexa whispered. "But he is here and there's no way I'm going to kick him out. Can I please borrow your cloak? I promise to be back before anyone knows I'm gone."

Saffron hesitated for just a moment. "Take it..."

"Thanks Saffy," Alexa said. "Don't worry about us."

"You're both completely crazy," Saffron said before drawing her curtains.

"I got the cloak," Alexa slipped back out of the dormitory. "We can go to the Astronomy Tower."

RJ grinned and kissed her once more. "I love you."

"I love you too," Alexa could hardly believe he was here.

They huddled close together under the cloak and crept out of Gryffindor Tower, stopping every few feet to kiss.

"We're never going to make it if we keep up like this," Alexa giggled quietly.

"I can't help it," he said grinning at her as he quickened his pace.

It wasn't long after that they made it to the tower. As soon as RJ pulled the heavy door shut, he had Alexa in his arms and was kissing her passionately again.

Her head was spinning as he pressed her against the wall. Just a couple of hours ago, she'd been listening to him play on the Wireless and now he was here.

"I've missed you so damn much," RJ pressed his lips to her neck, her shoulders, every bit of skin he could find.

"Show me," she said breathlessly.

He untied her robe, pushing it off her shoulders so it fell in a pool at their feet. She helped him pull off her pyjama top and his own shirt.

He slid out of his own trousers and kicked them away.

"Are you protected?" she asked her breathing erratic.

RJ could barely remember his own name at the moment and he gave her a slight nod, knowing that he wasn't, but thinking it wouldn't hurt if they did it one time without the charm.

"Okay," Alexa lifted her body as he pulled her knickers down.

He pulled her down with him onto the ground, the cloak their cushion.

Part of her was worried they'd get caught, but being with RJ felt so good. His mouth crushed against hers, muffling her cry as he slid into her.

The night air was cool on his skin as he began to move above her.

"RJ..." Alexa moaned softly.

RJ kissed her again to stifle the urge to yell out her name. The idea that they could get caught at any moment was turning him on even further.

They moved together faster, more frenzied, until their bodies were sweaty and they were clinging to each other.

Words failed RJ as he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"You are so incredible," Alexa sighed.

"And that was unbelievable," RJ whispered holding her close. "I don't know if it was because..."

"It's so forbidden?" Alexa smiled at him.

RJ grinned lazily back at her. "Yeah...you....you're getting really good at this."

She blushed. "I should hope so. I've had loads of practise now..." she ran her fingers through his hair. "I can't believe you snuck in here to see me."

"I knew you'd make me feel better," RJ said and then he explained to her how he'd used Julie's floo connection. "It helps to have friends in high places."

Alexa shook her head. "You're very sneaky." she grinned. "I love it."

"I am the nephew of Fred and George Weasley," RJ chuckled. "I picked up a thing or two."

"I happen to think you have a charm that's all your own," Alexa kissed him again. "I'm so happy you're here."

"Took you by surprise, didn't I?" RJ asked tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Very much so," Alexa touched his face. "I really am sorry you didn't win. Saffy was disappointed that Puddlemere lost but she was over the moon about Andrew's team winning."

"I didn't even have a chance to congratulate him," RJ admitted. "I was in such a state about the match; I just took a shower and headed over to Julie and Nick's."

"You were pouting, you mean," Alexa teased.

"Not anymore," RJ said giving her a kiss. "Thanks to Miss O'Leary."

"I knew I was good for something," Alexa said softly.

"You're good for many, many things," RJ said smiling at her.

"So are you," Alexa said. "And not just at Quidditch. You're the best boyfriend in the world and the most handsome guy as well. I'm so lucky to have you."

"You're always going to have me," he whispered. "Lexie, I want you with me all the time."

"I want that too," she said. "I miss having you here."

"Here?" RJ asked kissing her neck. "Or maybe here?" he asked, moving down to her shoulder.

"I want you everywhere," she answered dreamily.

A pang of guilt hit him at the look of love on her face. He should have been honest with her about the protection charm, but he told himself that it would be okay. "Lexie..."

"Hmm?" she asked.

"As much as I'd love to stay here all night, I should probably go," RJ said instead.

"Yeah," Alexa said softly. "I can't fall asleep up here."

"No, you'd be all cold," RJ said sitting up.

"Not with you here," she said as he handed her the pyjamas she'd been wearing.

RJ grabbed his boxer shorts and trousers and quickly put them back on. "I didn't even have a chance to ask you how you were doing. Everything okay?"

Alexa nodded as she slid her robe back on. "I've been busy studying but other than that, nothing's really been going on."

"That's what I like to hear," RJ said throwing on his jumper.

"None of the drama of last year," Alexa joked.

"With Andrew and me gone, I imagine it has gotten pretty boring around here," RJ said with a grin.

"All me and Saffy do is talk about you guys," Alexa laughed. "And Mimi and Beth just fawn over our new headmaster."

"Nice to know some things haven't changed," RJ said as he retrieved the cloak from the ground.

"Not those two," Alexa agreed.

RJ pulled the cloak over them. "I'm so glad I came here instead of going out to drown my sorrows at some pub."

"Me too," Alexa grinned at him. "It's a very, very welcome surprise."

"I wish you could come home with me," he said softly. "When you move in with me, we'll get to see each other every single day."

She was always thrilled to hear those words. "I can't wait." Alexa said softly. "Only another year after this one."

"I'm impatient," he said giving her a kiss. "I want you now."

"You just had me," Alexa purred, wrapping her arms around him.

RJ kissed her and contemplated very seriously having her again. But, he had taken a big chance and he didn't want to get her into any trouble, tempting as it and she might be. "I should walk you back."

"Okay," Alexa said softly. "But next Hogsmeade weekend... it's just you, me and your uncles' flat again."

"I wonder what we could do there," RJ said impishly.

"You think about it while we're apart," Alexa said slyly. "And tell me next time we see each other."

He felt all the blood in his head rush southward at the look in her eyes and the tone of her voice.

"Come on," she pulled the cloak around them. "We don't want to get caught."

"Right," RJ said reluctantly. Together, they huddled close and made their way back to Gryffindor Tower.

"I'm so glad you came tonight RJ," Alexa said when they were at the dormitory. "I'll never forget this."

"I have something for you," he said reaching into his trousers pocket and pulling out a small box.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Open it," he said smiling at her. She did as he asked and gasped when she saw what was inside. "Ethan gave one to Maddie," RJ told her. "And she really loved it and you mean the world to me, Lexie."

"It's a ring," her eyes filled with tears. "You bought me a ring?"

RJ nodded. "Do you like it? I could get another one if you don't..."

"It's beautiful," Alexa whispered. "RJ I love it."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes," she nodded as he put it on her right hand ring finger.

"Perfect fit," he said softly.

"That's like us," she said. "Always been a perfect fit."

"And always will be," he said giving her a lingering kiss. "Sweet dreams, Lexie."

"I love you RJ," Alexa held onto him for a moment.

"I love you too," he said hugging her tightly before finally letting her go. "I'll write to you later this week, okay?"

"Okay," she said. "Be careful getting back."

"I will," he promised, watching her as she went inside her room.

Alexa practically floated back to her bed. She wanted to wake up Saffron to tell her what had happened, but she knew as well as anyone how Saffron hated to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Alexa had just pulled the covers over her when she felt someone watching her. She pulled back the curtains and nearly got a fright when she saw Beth and Mimi staring at her.

"RJ was here, wasn't he?" Mimi demanded.

"What?" Alexa asked. "What are you two on about?"

"You look just like the cat that ate all the cream," Beth said with a knowing smile. "I knew I heard his voice earlier! And you were gone an awfully long time..."

"And she has that satisfied look to her face," Beth chimed in. "You're shagging RJ! Why didn't you tell us?"

From a few feet away, they heard a muffled groan.

"Will you two please go to sleep!" Saffron huffed. "It's three o'clock in the morning!"

"Saffy your best friend just snuck out with her boyfriend that graduated!" Beth rolled her eyes. "And you're not the least bit curious?"

Saffron was about to retort when Mimi squealed. "What is that on your finger!" she exclaimed pointing at Alexa's right hand. "That's gorgeous!"

"It's nothing," Alexa put her hands under the covers. "Look, I'm tired and I want to go to sleep."

Beth giggled. "I bet you are tired. Shagging will do that to a person..."

"If you two don't bloody go to bed, I'm going to take off points," Saffron was ready to explode.

"Okay, okay," Beth said rolling her eyes. "But we expect full details tomorrow morning, Lexie."

"Whatever," Alexa yanked her hangings shut.

"Night, Lex," Saffron said before stalking back to her own bed.

"Thanks Saffy," Alexa called back before turning on her side. She looked at the ring on her finger and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

*** *** ***

Allison smiled at Emma as she turned the page of the book they'd been reading for the past twenty minutes. The little girl was way into her independent stage and was insistent that SHE read the story instead of having it being read to her. But, she was doing quite well, probably because she knew the story by heart.

Emma squealed when she saw the picture of the Big, Bad Wolf. "See, Mummy?" Emma pointed. "Big Bad Wolf scare Red Hood!"

"That's right sweetheart," Allison grinned. "And what did he say to her?"

"He want to know why she's in the woods!" Emma replied turning the page. "He's so mean!"

"Yes he is," Allison replied. "My little Em's such a good reader."

Emma beamed at her. She was going to read to her father when he came home from work, too. Caroline was sitting on the other sofa doing her homework.

"Mummy, why do we have to do maths?" Caroline asked in exasperation. "I hate them!"

"Because they're important, Angel." Allison rubbed her stomach.

"When you and Em get finished will you help me with mine?" Caroline asked. "You're good with numbers!"

"Sure sweetheart," Allison said.

Emma turned the page of her book and pointed her finger accusingly at the picture of the wolf. "Bad wolf! He's not Red's Gamma!"

"Right," Allison shifted on the sofa. Adam was very active that day and she was growing increasingly uncomfortable.

"You okay, Mummy?" Caroline asked looking up from her homework.

"I'm all right," Allison forced a smile onto her face.

Emma patted Allison's arm. "Red gonna be okay, Mummy. Promise."

"Good to know, baby." Allison replied.

Emma started to "read" aloud again and Allison shifted again in her seat trying to get comfortable.

"Mummy are you sure you're okay?" Caroline asked. "You look like you hurt."

Allison nodded. "I'm okay, baby. How about I order us a pizza for dinner?"

"Yummy," Caroline said happily.

"Em loves pizza," Emma said excitedly.

Allison smiled. "I'll just go and order it." She stood up and when she did so, she felt a slight pain and then felt a gush of liquid against her leg.

"Eww!" Caroline gasped.

Allison moaned and grabbed her stomach. "Caroline," she gasped.

"What is it?" Caroline asked in a scared voice as she jumped off the sofa, her books tumbling to the floor.

"I need you to go to the phone..." Allison tried to speak clearly. "And I need you to ring your father at work and tell him to come home immediately. Tell him I'm going into labour. Can you do that for me sweetheart?"

Caroline nodded and ran for the telephone in the kitchen. Emma's lower lip trembled as she watched her mother struggle to catch her breath. "Mummy?"

"I'll be okay baby," Allison said. "Can you do me a big favour? Can you go get my little bag like Daddy showed you the other day?"

Emma nodded and scrambled off toward her parents' bedroom.

Allison held onto the table as she breathed in and out steadily.

At the pub, Jon was listening to some woman drone on and on about her horrid blind date.

"And he was really gross, too," the woman said with a laugh. "And to think me best mate thought he'd be perfect for me."

"Jon?" Victoria called. "Your daughter's on the phone- she sounds upset."

Jon excused himself and hurried into the backroom where the telephone was.

"Caroline?" Jon asked. "Baby?"

"Daddy," Caroline sobbed. "Mummy stood up and she had water fall out of her, and now she says she hurts and I don't want her to go to sleep again! She says for you to come home right now!"

Jon felt as if his heart was going to stop at his daughter's words. "I--I'm coming home right now, Caroline. Don't worry. You take care of Mummy until I get there okay?"

"Okay Daddy but hurry," Caroline begged.

Jon hung the phone up and tried to get control. Being like this wouldn't help anyone, but he was scared that what had happened before would happen again.

"I have to go," he apologised to Victoria. "Al's in labour."

"Go!" Victoria waved him on. "Get home and take care of that gorgeous wife of yours."

Jon ran out of the pub and down the alley until he could find a place to Apparate.

Emma had just managed to drag her mother's suitcase into the sitting room as Caroline tried to stave off her tears. She was never so relieved to see her father rush into the room as she was at that moment.

"Daddy!" Caroline exclaimed running toward him. "I'm scared!"

"It's okay Angel," Jon said, looking anxiously at his wife.

"Em got bag for Mummy," Emma said her cheeks tear-stained.

"That's a good girl," Allison said. "We should get to the hospital. My contractions already aren't too far apart."

Jon nodded and set Caroline down. "Come on, Al..."

"It'll be okay girls," Allison got up with the help of her husband. "This happens every time a woman has a baby."

Caroline was still scared though as she grabbed her cloak and Emma's from the closet. She could still see her mother lying in that hospital bed fast asleep and her father telling her that she might not wake up again.

"I'll ring my parents and yours once we get you settled in at the hospital," Jon said. "You doing okay so far Al?"

Allison nodded and bit her bottom lip as another contraction hit her.

It wasn't long before she was settled in a private hospital room. "Mummy?" a pale faced Caroline was sitting next to her bed. "I'm scared you'll go to sleep again."

Allison held out her hand and Caroline took it. "Everything's going to be okay, sweetheart. This is normal."

"It is?" Caroline asked.

Allison nodded. "Aunt Lizzy's going to make sure that nothing happens to me this time."

"Me and Em really love you," Caroline slipped her other hand into her mother's. "And we love Adam too."

"I love you both so much," Allison said softly. "And Adam is just so ready to meet his big sisters."

"I just wish you didn't have to hurt," Caroline said quietly as she wiped at her eyes.

"Me too," Allison said smiling at her. "I would much rather be helping you with your maths."

"Yuck," Caroline finally smiled a little.

Jon paced nervously in front of the window as Emma watched him with wide eyes. She wasn't really quite sure what was going on and she wanted to crawl up beside her mother and give her a big hug.

"Daddy?" she asked. "Is Mummy okay?"

Jon stopped and looked down at his youngest. "What, Em?"

"Is Mummy okay?" Emma asked, reaching out for him.

Jon picked her up. "Yes, baby girl. She's...she's okay."

Emma buried her face in his shoulder. "Em's scared."

Jon patted her back. "Daddy is too, baby. But your mummy's at the best hospital in the entire world and they're going to make sure that she's going to be okay."

"Can we stay with Mummy all night? Emma asked.

"Please, Daddy?" Caroline asked.

"We'll see," Jon said. "You girls might wind up staying at Grandma and Grandpa's tonight."

"Gamma Lu's?" Emma asked.

"Sure," Jon nodded.

Lizzy came into the room and she smiled at the girls. "I heard that you princesses were in here."

"Hi Aunt Lizzy," Caroline said quietly.

Lizzy did a preliminary examination of Allison. "How far apart are your contractions?" Lizzy asked.

"About four minutes now," Allison said, bracing herself for another one. "Liz- is there anything for my girls to draw on? I'd love to have a picture to focus on once Adam starts making his way out." it was her way of saying she didn't want her daughters around while she was in pain.

Lizzy nodded knowingly. "Caroline, Emma? How would you like to go out to the waiting room? Aunt Chiaki is out there and she can bring you to my office where you can draw a pretty picture for your mummy."

"You won't go to sleep, right Mummy?" Caroline asked. "Promise?"

Allison nodded. "I promise."

"Okay," Caroline said. "I love you Mummy."

"Em loves Mummy too," Emma said from Jon's arms.

"I love you too, girls," Allison said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Your vital signs are excellent," Lizzy said once Caroline and Emma were gone. "And Adam's are fine as well. I think this birth is going to go perfectly, Allie."

"Really?" Allison asked hopefully.

"Absolutely," Lizzy said reassuringly. "Would this face lie to you?" she grinned.

Allison laughed. "No, it never has."

Jon felt slightly better at Lizzy's words but he was still worried. Things were supposed to go smoothly last time and he had almost lost his wife.

"I have a couple more patients I have to check on, but I'll be right back," Lizzy promised. "I'll have the nurse bring in some ice chips."

"Thanks Liz," Allison said gratefully.

Lizzy patted Jon on the shoulder before walking out of the room.

"Anything I can get you Al?" Jon asked. "Any way I can make you more comfortable?"

Allison looked thoughtfully at him. "Is there any way you could go through the labour part instead?"

"I would if I could," Jon said, taking her hand. "You know I would Allie."

She smiled up at him. "Hey, you heard Lizzy. Adam and I are just fine."

Jon nodded. "I just don't know if I'd be able to handle it if anything happened to either of you."

"You're stronger than you think," Allison said softly. "And if something did happen, you'd need to be there for the girls, Jon."

"I know," Jon replied quickly.

Allison gripped his hand tightly as another contraction hit her.

"Breathe," Jon coached her. "Squeeze my hand as tightly as you need to Al..."

Allison nodded. "You may live to regret that, Jon."

"Nah," Jon smiled at her. "I love you too much to regret anything that involves my Allie."

The nurse came in with a bucket of ice chips and she prepped Allison for the labour. Lizzy came back in a few moments later carrying two pictures.

"As requested, Allie," Lizzy said holding them out to her.

"Ohhh..." Allison took them. "These are gorgeous. Will you tell them how much I love them?"

The nurse smiled. "I'll do it, Healer Weasley." Lizzy nodded at the nurse.

"Thank you," Allison smiled but it turned into a grimace as another contraction hit her.

"Let me give you something for the pain," Lizzy said reaching into her pocket and pulling out a vial filled with a light blue liquid.

"That sounds wonderful," Allison breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks Liz."

Jon wanted to go and check on the girls, but he didn't want to leave Allison.

"Your parents are outside," Lizzy said as she handed the vial to Allison. "And your sisters."

"Can I see them?" Allison asked. "For just a few minutes?"

"Of course," Lizzy said. "I'll go and get them."

"And the girls too!" Allison called. "Please?"

Lizzy nodded and left the room. She returned a few moments later with Neville and Cho who were with the girls.

"How you doing, sweetheart?" Neville asked his daughter.

"Better now that Lizzy gave me a potion for the pain," Allison smiled. "And everything's going perfectly Dad... not like last time."

"That's what we like to hear," Neville said leaning down and kissing his daughter on the cheek.

"I'm so glad you're here," Allison said to her parents.

"We are too," Cho said softly. "And we can't wait to meet Adam Jonathan."

"Me too," Allison smiled at her daughters. "I love my pictures."

Caroline still wore a worried expression and Allison's heart broke at the look on her oldest daughter's face. "I'm wide awake, Angel."

Caroline nodded. "I'm glad Mummy."

"And next time we see each other," Allison said smiling reassuringly at her. "You'll get to meet your baby brother."

Caroline smiled. "I'm really excited." she held her sister's hand. "So's Em..."

Emma nodded and rubbed her tummy. "And hungry."

The little girl's statement made everyone laugh. "Well then," Neville picked her up. "How about we head for the cafeteria?"

"Kay," Emma said happily.

"I'll see you in just a little bit," Allison promised. "You can come back in to see Adam."

Neville carried Emma out of the room, but Caroline lingered with her grandmother.

Cho smiled at her daughter. "I can't believe you're about to make me a grandmother again," she teased.

"Daddy always said he hoped I had three just like me," Allison said with a grin. "So I'd understand what he went through."

"You do," Cho smoothed back Caroline's hair. "You already have two wonderful girls who were a big help today."

"They certainly were," Allison reached for her daughter's hand.

"I love you, Mummy," Caroline sobbed. "Please don't go away."

"Baby," Allison pulled her little girl into her arms. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise you."

Caroline buried her face in Allison's shoulder.

"Its okay sweetheart," Allison stroked her hair. "I'm not even hurting right now."

Caroline looked up at her mother. "Really, you're not telling a story?"

"I promise," Allison touched her daughter's cheek.

Caroline gave her mother one last hug. "No matter what, don't fall asleep, okay?"

"Okay baby," Allison said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Caroline said sliding off the bed. She took Cho's hand and together they walked out of the room. Allison wiped the tears away. Truth be told, she was quite nervous too. But, she knew that Lizzy was optimistic and she trusted her best friend.

"She's really worried," Jon gazed after their daughter.

"I didn't think she would remember what had happened," Allison said softly. "She was four and she didn't really understand..."

"She just knew her mother was sick," Jon reached for his wife's hand. "Plus we were all nervous wrecks as well."

Allison squeezed his hand. "I don't remember much about it. I just knew I was in a lot of pain and that you were there and Lizzy was telling me to push and I was so knackered. I didn't think I could do it and then everything went black..."

"That won't happen this time," Jon vowed. "And I'll be here every step of the way Al."

"I'll try and not squeeze your hand too tight or say bad things about you during the labour," Allison smiled.

"You can never say bad things about me," Jon joked. "And squeeze as hard as you want. I don't care."

Allison laughed. "You do remember when I was in labour with Caroline? I told you that you could never come near me ever again and that it was your fault I was in such pain!"

"That didn't last," Jon snorted. "You can't stay away from me Allie. I'm just too damn sexy."

Lizzy had walked back into the room and caught the last part of their conversation. "I so didn't need to hear that."

"Just making my wife feel better is all," Jon gave her a saucy grin.

"Okay, Boo Bear," Lizzy said with an eye roll at her brother-in-law. She walked over to Allison. "How's it going?"

"Okay," Allison replied. "Thanks to that potion."

Lizzy nodded. "It's going to start wearing off a little, but it should ease some of the pain during the labour. Contractions are coming about two minutes apart, right?"

"Right," Allison nodded.

"You're about eight centimetres dilated," Lizzy said after performing an examination. "When you've reached ten, we'll get started."

"I'm going to see who's here," Jon said. "I'll be back in just a minute, okay?"

Allison nodded. "Tell everyone I said hello and that I'm really happy they're here."

"I'll just keep them posted," Jon gave his wife a kiss.

Jon walked out into the waiting area and saw Frankie and Chiaki talking on one of the sofas. Emma was back from the cafeteria and was eating a bag of crisps under the watchful eye of Neville. Ron was talking with Josh and they both looked up when they saw him emerge.

"How's Allie?" Ron asked.

"So far so good," Jon replied. "She's almost ready to give birth."

"Your mum sends her love," Ron said. "But she couldn't leave the kids."

"I understand," Jon assured him.

Emma toddled over to her father and held up her crisp bag. "Want one, Daddy?"

"I'm okay baby," Jon lifted her up. "Are you having fun with Grandpa?"

Emma nodded. "Uncle Will took Sissy to get some food."

"That was awful nice of him wasn't it?" Jon gave his daughter a kiss. "I'm going to go back and sit with Mummy, okay?"

"Em see Mummy," Emma said happily.

Jon smiled. "You'll get to see Mummy AND Adam in just a little while."

"Em still baby," Emma said poking her bottom lip out. "Not Ad-am."

"You're about to be a big sister," Jon reminded her.

"Em baby, Daddy," Emma said stubbornly. "Em baby!"

"Okay," Jon said. "You're still the baby."

Emma threw her arms around his neck. "Em love Daddy."

"I love you too Em," Jon kissed her cheek again. "You go sit with Grandpa until I come back out, all right?"

"Kay," Emma said as he set her down. She scowled when she saw Ron had picked up her bag of crisps. "Gampa! NO!"

"I was just going to have one," Ron said.

"He had about four," Neville told his granddaughter.

"Gampa," Emma wagged her finger. "No pig!"

The waiting room erupted in laughter and Ron glared at Neville. "Thanks, Nev."

Jon was still chuckling when he went back into his wife's room.

"What's so funny?" Allison asked.

"Little Red Snacking Hood reading my father the riot act," Jon explained.

Allison smiled. "Contractions are only about a minute apart now."

Jon sat back down beside her bed. "Can I get you anything, Al?"

"Just stay with me," Allison said. "I'm still a little bit nervous."

"You're going to be just fine," Jon said leaning in. "You're so brave, sweetheart. I didn't want to take this chance, but you did. And we're going to meet our little boy soon."

"I can't wait," Allison kissed him. "Our little Adam Jonathan."

A few minutes later, Lizzy came into the room and announced that it was time. She positioned herself at the end of the bed. "Allie, you're an old pro at this," Lizzy said encouragingly. "Third time's the charm, right?"

"Right," Allison ignored the twinge of fear she felt and put all her concentration on her unborn son.

"Okay," Lizzy said. "I want you to push now, Allie."

"Jon?" Allison reached for his hand. "Stay with me, okay?"

Jon nodded. "I'm not going anywhere, Al."

Allison nodded, beads of sweat forming on her forehead as she pushed hard.

"Good," Lizzy said encouragingly.

Jon wiped his wife's brow with a cold rag. "Breathe, sweetheart."

"I'm trying," Allison panted.

"You're doing great," he said smiling at her.

"Push, Allie," Lizzy urged.

Allison bit down on her lower lip and did as Lizzy said.

Allison looked helplessly at Jon. She was completely knackered and the potion Lizzy had given her earlier had completely worn off.

"I can't," Allison said breathlessly. "I can't do this..."

"Yes you can," Jon said. "Come on Allie. You're the strongest woman I know."

"I can see his head," Lizzy said. "Allie...push for me. You can do this."

"Come on Al," Jon put his free arm around her shoulders and put his head next to hers. "Come on... I'm right here. You can do this Allie. Let's meet our son."

Mustering every ounce of strength she had, Allison pushed letting out a guttural moan as she did so.

"Come on Al," Jon kissed the side of her head. "Come on... here he comes..."

Allison pushed once more and she waited for the sound of her son's cries.

"There he is," Lizzy cried triumphantly as she held Adam in her hands. "Allie, Jon... Here's your son!"

Allison started to cry as she looked at him. "Can I hold him?" she sobbed.

"Let's get him cleaned up first," Lizzy said handing the baby to the nurse.

Jon gave his wife a kiss. "You were amazing, Al."

"I was?" she asked, tears coursing down her face.

"Absolutely," he said smiling at her. "I love you so much, Allie."

"I love you too," She wiped at her eyes. "Where's Adam, Jon? I need to see him."

"Right here," Lizzy said carrying the bundled baby over to his parents. "He's beautiful, Allie."

"Thanks Lizzy," Allison took her baby. "Oh Jon," she sighed. "Look at him..."

Jon smiled down at his son whose eyes were still closed. He had a thatch of brown hair and he was so tiny and pale. "He has my nose," Jon said getting choked up.

"He's so handsome, just like his daddy," Allison said softly. "He's perfect..."

Adam opened his eyes and stared up at his parents. "Hello, Adam Jonathan," Jon said touching his son's soft cheek. "I'm very pleased to meet you."

"I finally get to see the little guy that's been kicking me for nine months," Allison smiled down at him.

Jon chuckled. "He is pretty perfect, isn't he?"

"Completely," Allison agreed. "And I'm okay..."

Jon gave her a kiss. "Yes, you are."

"You should let the girls know," Allison cuddled Adam close. "Liz, can they come in here yet?"

"For a few minutes," Lizzy said nodding.

"I'll get them," Jon gave her a kiss. "Be right back."

Emma was fast asleep on her grandmother's lap while Caroline was reading a book determined not to go to sleep just in case something had happened. Her heart sank when she saw her father come into the room. But, he was smiling, she suddenly noticed.

"Daddy," she got up. "Is Adam here yet? Is Mummy okay?"

Jon nodded and gave her a big hug. "Your brother is here and your mummy is just fine, Angel."

Caroline clung to him. "Can we go see them?"

"We sure can," Jon said. "Let me get your sister..."

Since Jon's hands were full, Frankie stepped forward to help. "Em? Sweetheart, wake up..." Frankie said kneeling down in front of her niece.

"Frack?" Emma asked sleepily.

Frankie nodded. "Do you want to meet your little brother?"

"Adam's here?" Emma asked. "Where's Mummy?"

Frankie picked her up. "She's waiting to see you, Em. Come on."

"Kay," Emma said.

Jon and Frankie carried the girls to Allison's room. Caroline beamed when she saw her mother sitting up in her bed and holding Adam.

"Hi, girls." Allison said grinning at them.

"Mummy you're still awake!" Caroline said happily.

Allison nodded. "And so is your little brother. Come and see."

"Oooh," Emma said. "He's so little!"

Frankie tickled Emma's side. "So were you, Em."

"Mummy he's so cute," Caroline squealed.

Adam smacked his lips which caused Emma to laugh. "Em loves Adam."

"I'm glad to hear that baby," Allison grinned at her.

"I never got to be a big sister," Frankie said to Emma. "I'm jealous that you get to do that, Em."

"Where's Han?" Emma suddenly asked her.

"She's at your Grandma Luna's," Frankie replied.

"I want Han to see Adam," Emma said.

"Me too," Frankie said thinking of her. "She'll get to meet him soon. I promise."

Caroline gingerly touched her brother's head. "He's so soft. Em was like this too..."

Allison nodded. "And so were you."

"I don't remember that far back," Caroline smiled at her mother.

Lizzy walked back into the room. "I'm sorry, guys. But, Allie needs her rest and I need to take Adam to the nursery."

"You're going to sleep?" Caroline suddenly looked alarmed.

"This is a good kind of sleep," Lizzy explained to her niece. "She had to work really hard to get the baby out and now she just needs some rest."

"Promise?" Caroline didn't look reassured.

"I promise," Lizzy said with a nod. "Your mummy is just fine."

Caroline hugged her mother carefully. "I'll see you when you wake up."

"Yes you will," Allison promised. "You be good for your grandparents, okay?'

"We will," Caroline nodded.

"Em loves Mummy," Emma also leaned in to kiss her mother's cheek.

"Mummy loves Em," Allison said softly. "And Caroline and Adam very, very much."

"Bye Adam," Emma waved to her little brother.

Frankie led the girls out of the room and Lizzy stood back so Allison could say goodbye to her son.

"You get some sleep, little one," Allison said. "And we'll see each other really soon."

Jon watched Lizzy carry his son out of the room. "You did great Al," he brushed back her hair. "I'm really proud of you."

Allison yawned. "Thanks, Jon."

"Get some rest," he kissed her forehead. "I'll be right here when you wake up."

Allison smiled. "You get some sleep too. It's been a long day for all of us."

"I'll crash in the chair," Jon said. "I'm not leaving here until you do."

"Okay," Allison said closing her eyes.

Jon stayed next to her until she was asleep then sat down in the chair. It wasn't very comfortable, but he would make do.

He didn't know how many prayers he'd said throughout Allie's pregnancy and throughout the labour.

It was all worth it though, he thought before he went to sleep. His wife was fine and he now had a healthy son.

*** *** ***

Due to the recommendations of Mrs. Roman, Hermione, Ron, and Luna, the process to adopt Hannah was going quite smoothly for Will and Frankie. There were still a few steps left for them, the first being a visit to Hannah's biological father to get him to sign the papers.

"Let me do most of the talking," Will said to his wife. "Frankie, don't say anything to provoke this guy, all right?"

Frankie nodded. "The quicker this goes the better."

"Right," Will nodded.

They walked up the front steps of the Muggle prison. She wasn't looking forward to meeting this horrible man and she hoped that he would just sign the papers and that would be it. But she couldn't help feeling that he wasn't going to make this easy on them.

Mrs. Roman met them just inside. "Good morning," she greeted. "It's lovely to see you both again."

Will shook her hand. "You too."

"David Wright is waiting in the visitor's area," Mrs. Roman told them. "We only have fifteen minutes."

Will took Frankie's hand. "You ready?"

Frankie nodded. She sincerely hoped that she'd be able to hold her tongue if this man said anything about Hannah.

After they went through a security check, they were led to the visitor's room where a man in a dark blue jumpsuit was sitting. His eyes looked cold and his stare was menacing. Frankie shivered as she took in the man who was Hannah's father.

"Mr. Wright," Mrs. Roman said in a cool, businesslike voice.

David grunted and leaned back in his chair.

"I assume you've been told why we're here," Mrs. Roman continued.

"Abbie's brat," David muttered. He looked across the table at Frankie and Will. "She's more trouble than she's worth."

"She's a beautiful, sweet little girl," Frankie said sharply. "Not that you'd know."

David laughed. "You a freak like her then?"

"That is of no importance to you," Mrs. Roman said. "We're here for you to sign these papers releasing Hannah from you so she can be adopted."

David grabbed the papers from Mrs. Roman and scanned over them. Frankie and Will exchanged a look as they watched the man.

"I'm not signing these," he tossed them onto the table.