Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: More engagement in this one---a party! And if you were missing Zander/Ashley/Brittany, you get some of them thrown in too! We hope you enjoy!

At Hogwarts, Julie was finishing up her lesson with the second year Gryffindors and Slytherins. Most of them weren't even paying attention to her. They were already on Summer Holiday countdown. "So, the important thing to remember about defensive spells," Julie was lecturing. "Is that you have to think quickly. Most of the time you're not going to have time to think about what will work best. You have to trust your instincts."

The Slytherin side scoffed and continued passing notes while at least a few of the Gryffindors paid some attention.

"Miss Murray," Julie called on Brittany. "What would you consider an Unforgivable curse?"

"Split ends," Brittany replied. "And bad dye jobs."

The Gryffindor side laughed, including Ashley.

"Well, it is," Brittany said defensively. "Completely unforgivable if you ask me."

Julie laughed. "You're in luck, Miss Murray. Class is over, but I trust that tomorrow, you will have the CORRECT answer."

"Yes Professor," Brittany said.

Everyone began gathering their belongings and Zander nudged Ashley. "Saffy's here."

"What?" Ashley whirled around.

She turned to see her aunt striding toward the front of the classroom. Ashley's first instinct was to think that something was wrong, but her aunt was grinning.

"Jules!" Saffron called out.

"I'll catch up to you guys," Ashley told her friends.

"Andrew asked me to marry him!" Saffron crowed as Ashley joined her mother and aunt.

"Saffy!" Julie exclaimed.

"You're engaged?" Ashley asked with a gasp.

Saffron nodded and held out her hand. "He asked me today!"

"Oh, Saffy!" Julie breathed. "That's beautiful!!"

Saffron hugged her big sister. "Julie! I'm so happy!"

"I'm so happy for you," Julie hugged her sister.

"This is so great!" Ashley exclaimed. "And so romantic!"

"Thanks Ash," Saffron hugged her niece.

"When's the big day?" Julie asked.

"We haven't set a date yet," Saffron replied.

"Do Grandma and Grandpa know?" Ashley asked.

Saffron nodded. "Mum's making reservations at The Ivy for tonight."

"Nick and I will be there," Julie said. "I'll be out of here by six."

"I hope you all have fun," Ashley said softly, feeling a bit left out.

"Ashley Beth Malfoy," Saffron said putting an arm around her niece. "Do you think we'd celebrate without you there?"

"You mean I can come?" Ashley sent a pleading look to her mother.

Saffron looked at Julie. "I already asked Headmaster Wood when I arrived. He said it would be okay as long as you saw her safely back to the castle tonight."

Ashley squealed and hugged her aunt. "Thank you!"

Saffron grinned. "We're going to have the best time, Ash."

"I'm sure Alexa will be your maid of honour, right?" Julie asked, putting an arm around her sister.

"Yes," Saffron nodded. "And I was hoping you'd both be bridesmaids?"

"Really?" Ashley asked. "You want ME to be a bridesmaid?"

"Of course," Saffron said. "Not only are you my niece, you're one of my best friends, Ash."

"Wow," Ashley said. "Thanks Aunt Saffy."

"Of course," Saffron told her.

"That's awfully sweet of you," Julie said to her sister. She knew how much her daughter looked up to Saffron.

Saffron grinned. "Ash is going to look gorgeous."

Ashley blushed. "This will be so, so much fun."

"I think so too," Saffron said dreamily. "I don't think I've stopped smiling since he asked me."

"It's so romantic," Ashley said softly.

"It is," Julie said giving her sister one last hug. "It's so great to see you so happy, Saffy."

"Thanks," Saffron said. "It's so nice to feel happy again."

"Mum and Dad really are going to have an empty nest," Julie grinned.

"I know," Saffron said ruefully.

"You'll visit them all the time," Ashley said. "You and Grandma and Grandpa are so close, Aunt Saffy."

"I know," Saffron said. "I'm sure I'll still see them nearly every day."

"Ashley, you should go on to your next class," Julie told her. "I'll pick you up in the common room at six, okay?"

"Oh!" Ashley exclaimed. "I'll be late to potions!"

"Good old Snape," Saffron said. "Tell him I said hello."

Ashley giggled. "Yeah right Aunt Saffy. I'll see you tonight!"

Ashley hurried out of the room and ran as fast as she could to the dungeons. She was out of breath when she stepped into Snape's classroom.

"Miss Malfoy, take your seat," Snape said. "You're late."

"I'm sorry, Professor," Ashley said quickly before taking her seat in between Brittany and Zander.

Zander looked at the potions professor in amazement. Last week, he'd been late for class and Snape had made him stay after class to clean up.

"See that it doesn't happen again," Snape said before turning to his lesson for the day.

"Is everything okay?" Brittany whispered to her friend when Snape had turned his back.

Ashley nodded. "Aunt Saffy and Andrew are engaged!" she whispered back.

"WHAT?" Brittany shrieked.

Snape turned around. "Miss Murray! Something you'd like to share with us?"

"No, sir," Brittany said hastily. "I---I just got really excited when you started talking about that potion."

A laugh rose up from the Slytherin side of the room.

"Pay attention," Snape barked at her.

"Yes sir," Brittany said in a subdued voice.

Brittany grabbed her quill and scribbled a quick note to Ashley. "That's so great! When's the wedding?" she wrote.

"Don't know yet," Ashley wrote back. "I'll find out tonight I'm sure."

"Tonight?" Brittany wrote back.

"I'm going to dinner at the Ivy," Ashley scribbled down. "Aunt Saffy cleared it with the headmaster."

"Am so jealous!" Brittany wrote back. "I want full details when you get back!"

Ashley nodded at her.

Brittany thought of something else and she quickly scribbled it down. "You can borrow a dress of mine, if you want."

"Thanks," Ashley mouthed to her.

Zander couldn't see what they were writing about and he would have asked, but he knew Snape was itching for a chance to yell at him.

He figured he'd have to wait until after class was over to see what Brittany had gotten so excited about.

Class seemed to drone on and on with Snape prattling about what they could expect on next week's exam.

Brittany tried not to yawn. She couldn't wait to get out of class to pump Ashley for information.

Thankfully, the class finally came to an end. "Okay," Brittany said grabbing her friend by the arm. "Spill. What do you know so far?"

"Just that he asked her to marry him," Ashley said. "They don't have a date set yet, but I get to be a bridesmaid!"

"Who's getting married?" Zander asked in confusion.

"Saffron and Andrew!" Brittany exclaimed.

"Whoa, really?" Zander asked.

"And Ashley gets to be a bridesmaid," Brittany said enviously.

"I still can't believe she asked me," Ashley said.

"Why wouldn't she?" Zander asked.

"I'm younger than she is and she has a lot of friends," Ashley replied.

"Yeah but you two are really tight," Brittany said,

"She's always been so easy to talk to," Ashley told them. "More like a friend than an Aunt, you know?"

"And I'm sure that's why she asked you," Brittany answered.

Ashley smiled. "She said I was one of her best friends."

"That is so, so cool," Brittany said.

"Is your sister going to do it, too?" Zander asked.

"I don't know," Ashley said. "I'm sure Aunt Saffy won't leave her out.

Brittany shuddered. "Could you imagine if she did? I wouldn't want to be around Katie..."

"Don't let her hear you say that," Ashley said. "She thinks the sun rises and sets on you."

Brittany grinned. "Well, it does."

Zander rolled his eyes.

"I love Katie," Brittany said. "I'm just saying that if she's left out of the bridal party, I wouldn't want to be in the line of fire."

"That's true," Ashley replied. "But Aunt Saffy wouldn't do that to her."

"I love weddings," Brittany exclaimed suddenly. "They are so romantic. I already have mine all planned out..."

"To Evan, right?" Zander asked.

"Maybe," Brittany poked him in the side.

"I'm so excited," Ashley said. "Come on Brit- let's see the dress you'll let me borrow. I have to start getting ready!"

Zander just shook his head as the two girls took off toward Gryffindor Tower.

"It's going to look so great on you," Brittany said. "You remember that one I showed you that Mum bought me for Easter?"

"Oh that one is gorgeous," Ashley said.

"And I bet Corinne will let you borrow her pearl earrings, too!" Brittany exclaimed, referring to one of the other girls in their dorm.

"Maybe," Ashley said.

"This is going to be so much fun," Brittany said as she led the way upstairs.

"A real joy," Zander muttered.

"Zander," Brittany called out over her shoulder. "I'll meet you down here after I help Ash get ready. You, me and Evan can go to dinner together."

"Sure," Zander said. "Have fun, Ash."

"Thanks, Zander," Ashley said. "But, I'm sure I'll see you before I leave."

"I hope so," Zander smiled at her.

Ashley smiled back at him before hurrying upstairs behind Brittany. Once they hit their room, Brittany was like a whirlwind. "Corinne! I need your pearl earrings and that necklace!"

Corinne looked up from her book. "Hello? You could ask, Brit."

"Can I borrow your pearl earrings and your necklace?" Brittany asked.

"That's better," Corrine said with a grin. "Why do you need them?"

"Ashley's going to The Ivy tonight!" Brittany announced.

"My aunt's engaged," Ashley told Corinne. "It's a family party to celebrate."

"You mean Saffron?" Corinne asked.

"Yes," Brittany replied, before Ashley could. "To the dreamy Andrew Kirke."

"NO WAY!" Corinne squealed.

Brittany grinned. "Yes, now you can see why I acted like I did in Potions!"

"Oh definitely," Corinne jumped up.

"Can I do your hair and makeup?" Brittany asked.

"I don't usually wear makeup, Brit," Ashley replied. "You know that."

"But this is a special occasion!" Brittany exclaimed.

"Okay, but not too much," Ashley told her.

"Cool," Brittany sat down and pulled out her collection of makeup.

"Your aunt is going to make a beautiful bride," Corinne commented.

"Definitely," Ashley said.

"Cori, do you think we should put her hair up or down?" Brittany asked.

"Her hair is so pretty," Corinne said. "Let's curl it and leave it down."

"That's what I was thinking too," Brittany commented. "Okay, Ash. You just sit there and let us get to work."

"Okay," Ashley sat down and hoped her friends wouldn't go overboard.

Nearly an hour later, Zander was waiting with Evan for Brittany. Julie had arrived at around the same time and was making small talk with the boys.

"I hope she's ready soon," Julie checked her watch. "We're going to be late."

"I think Brit was planning something massive," Zander told her. "We might never see them again."

"Ashley!" Julie called. "We need to go!"

"Coming," Ashley called out. "Brit! I need to go..."

"Just one more thing!" Brittany's voice drifted down.

"She looks gorgeous," Corinne studied Ashley. "Come on, Brit. Our work here is done."

Ashley breathed a sigh of relief as she got up to head downstairs. "Thanks you guys."

Brittany and Corinne followed behind Ashley as she walked out of the room. Zander's back was to the staircase when he heard Ashley's voice.

"Sorry, Mum," Ashley apologised. "Brit and Cori went a little overboard."

"Oh sweetheart you look beautiful," Julie said.

Zander turned around and his jaw dropped.

Ashley's long hair was curled loosely and hung past her shoulders. She wore Brittany's dress and the colour made her green eyes stand out.

"I'll see if I can bring you back something sweet," Ashley said winking at Zander.

"Uh..." Zander gulped.

Brittany stifled a giggle at the expression on her cousin's face. "That's really sweet of you, Ash. Zander would love that."

"Yeah," Zander said. "Uh... thanks..."

"We'd better go," Julie said. "Good night, you lot."

"Bye Professor," a few of them chorused.

Ashley followed her mother out of the common room. "How are we leaving, Mum?"

"I'm going to Apparate us both," Julie told her.

"Once we're outside the grounds," Ashley said remembering that you couldn't Apparate within the castle or on the grounds of Hogwarts.

"Exactly," Julie said with a smile.

"How did Katie react to the news?" Ashley asked.

Julie laughed. "She asked if she could be the maid of honour."

Ashley giggled. "That sounds like Katie."

"I think she was a bit disappointed when Saffron told her Alexa was going to be maid of honour," Julie said. "But Saffy said that she and Caroline would be junior bridesmaids."

"That's perfect," Ashley said.

"I think Chloe's going to be the flower girl," Julie said.

"Chloe adores Aunt Saffy," Ashley commented as they stepped outside. Ashley pulled her coat tightly around her.

"Yes she does," Julie said. "And that feeling is mutual."

Ashley took her mother's hand. "I'm really glad I'm able to come tonight."

"Me too, sweetheart," Julie said as they ambled towards the gates.

"Will Kiera be here tonight, too?" Ashley asked hopefully.

Julie laughed. "Yes."

Ashley grinned. "I can't wait to see her!"

"She's gotten big," Julie reported.

"I'm going to give her lots of hugs and kisses to make up for not seeing her," Ashley said.

Julie smiled at her daughter. "Your dad's going to flip his lid when he sees how grown up you look."

Ashley blushed. "Brit and Corinne kind of went a little overboard dressing me up."

"You're becoming a beautiful young woman, Ashley," Julie said with pride.

Julie hadn't missed the look that Zander had given her daughter when he'd seen her tonight.

"Katie's the beautiful one," Ashley said. "I'm just...me."

"You are just as pretty as your sister," Julie corrected.

"Thanks," Ashley said softly. She and her mother stepped just outside the gates.

"Hold on to me, sweetheart," Julie said.

"Okay," Ashley said hugging her mother.

Julie closed her eyes and envisioned the Minister's mansion, where they were all meeting.

"Someone's here!" Katie exclaimed when she heard a pop coming from the sitting room. She ran into the room and frowned when she saw it was just her sister. "Oh, it's just you."

Ashley frowned. "Hello to you too."

"I thought you were Caroline!" Katie exclaimed in exasperation.

"They're coming too?" Julie asked. "My, my."

"Just Caroline," Katie said. "Daddy went to get her."

"That was nice," Ashley said softly.

"Ashley!" Hermione exclaimed when she saw her granddaughter. "Look at how beautiful you look!"

"Thanks Grandma," Ashley blushed.

"I'm so glad that you were able to be here," Hermione said giving her a hug.

"Thanks to Aunt Saffy," Ashley said. "She asked if I could go."

"Sophie's here," Katie told her sister. "She's playing with Puddles."

"Really?" Ashley asked excitedly.

"Daddy thought you might want to see her since you haven't in awhile," Katie said. She turned toward the kitchen. "Sophie! Sophie, come here!"

"Sophie!" Ashley exclaimed when she saw her dog.

"She missed you," Julie said as Sophie came to Ashley.

"I've missed her too," Ashley scooped the little dog up.

"Someone else wants to say hello," Maddie said bringing the baby into the room. Kiera was wearing the dress that Molly had made for her.

"Oh!" Ashley exclaimed when she saw her cousin.

"She's excited because it's her first night on the town," Ethan joked.

"Look at you, Ashley!" Maddie said. "You're just gorgeous!"

"Thanks, Aunt Maddie," Ashley said smiling at her. "So are you!"

Maddie smiled at her niece. "It's so good to see you."

"It's great to see you too," Ashley said. "Hi, Uncle Ethan."

"Hi Ash," Ethan grinned at her and gave her a hug.

Julie walked over to stand beside her youngest daughter who was frowning. "Cheer up, sweetheart. This is a happy occasion."

"But I just want Caroline to get here," Katie said.

"I imagine your father let you bring Caroline along because you did so well on your last couple of reading tests," Julie said. "I'm so proud of the progress you've made, Katherine Rose."

Katie smiled; glad the attention was focused back on her. "Thanks."

Julie put an arm around her. "You've worked really hard."

Katie nodded. "Really, really hard."

"And because of that," Julie said. "I was thinking I might take you to Paris next weekend to pick out some things for Brighton."

"WHAT?" Katie shrieked.

Julie laughed. "I take it you like that idea, then?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" Katie hugged her mother.

"Hard work deserves reward," Julie said hugging her tightly.

"Thanks," Katie glowed.

"Just you and me," Julie promised.

"That'll be so, so fun, Mummy." Katie said. "I can't wait!"

Caroline and Nick arrived and Katie excused herself to welcome her friend. "Caroline, you look so pretty!"

"So do you," Caroline grinned at her.

"Guess what?" Katie asked. "Mummy is taking me to Paris next weekend and we're going shopping!"

"That's so cool," Caroline breathed. "You're so lucky Katie."

Katie beamed. "It is cool isn't it?"

Caroline nodded and her gaze moved past Katie. "Wow! Ashley looks sooooo pretty tonight!"

Nick turned and saw his oldest daughter. "Ashley..."

Ashley looked up. "Hi Daddy!"

"What have you done to my little girl?" Nick teased.

"Brittany and Corinne helped me dress tonight," she said shyly.

Nick gave her a hug. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks Daddy," she said softly.

"Saffy, Andrew, and the Kirkes will meet us at the restaurant," Hermione told them. "I'm just going to check on Harry."

"I'll go with you," Ashley volunteered.

Hermione smiled. "Come on then."

Ashley hurried next to Hermione. "Is he happy?"

"He is, but it's hard for him to let go," Hermione told her.

"I'll spend loads of time with him this summer," Ashley promised. "To help him out."

Hermione put her arm around her granddaughter. "He will love that."

"I'm glad," Ashley leaned against her.

Hermione opened their bedroom door. "Harry?"

He stepped out of the closet, his tie draped over his shoulder. "I'm nearly finished---Ashley!"

"Hi Grandpa," Ashley said.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart," Harry said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks," Ashley blushed.

"Want me to help you with that?" Hermione offered tugging at his tie.

"You always need to help me," Harry sent her a crooked grin.

"I wonder how you made it through all those years at Hogwarts without me," Hermione mused.

"Don't ask," Harry replied.

Ashley grinned as she watched her grandmother help Harry with his tie. "I have to help Zander all the time with his," Ashley said. "He's hopeless at it."

"Do you now?" Hermione asked, working at Harry's tie.

Ashley nodded. "I just have a real knack for doing it."

"There we are," Hermione smoothed the tie.

"Very handsome," Ashley said grinning at him.

"I have two beautiful dates," Harry replied.

"And we'd better get a move on," Hermione said.

"Right," Harry said.

Harry grabbed his jacket and caught Hermione's eye. "I'm fine, Hermione. Really."

She put a hand on his arm. "If you say so."

The three of them walked downstairs and joined the others.

"This portkey's going to take us to an alley just a little ways down from the Ivy," Hermione produced a fork from her bag,

"Come on, Katie, Caroline," Julie said to the two girls who were playing with Sophie.

"Coming, Aunt Julie," Caroline helped put Sophie with Puddles into a pen.

"Okay, everyone," Hermione said. "Ready?"

Everyone reached and touched the portkey.

Hermione had pulled some strings and managed to obtain reservations for the private room.

Saffron, Andrew and his parents had already arrived. "This is amazing," Andrew said.

"It really is," Saffron agreed. "Mum really came through."

Andrew pulled out her chair for her. "She sure did."

Saffron beamed at him. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," Andrew grinned at her.

Tricia Kirke smiled at her future daughter-in-law. "Saffron, that dress is amazing."

"Thank you," Saffron replied. "It's one of my favourites."

"You stole my line, Mum," Andrew said to his mother. "I was about to say that."

"Sorry love," Tricia smiled proudly at her son.

"Have the two of you found a new place yet?" Andy asked his son.

"We're going to go look at a place this weekend in Mayfair," Andrew said.

Tricia smiled. "Oh, that's a wonderful neighbourhood."

"We thought so too," Andrew grinned at his fiancée.

"Any advice you can give Andrew and me would be greatly appreciated," Saffron told them. "We're new to all of this."

Andy laughed. "Just enjoy each other."

"And remember that your wife is always right," Tricia said with a grin. "Life will go smoothly if you remember that."

Saffron laughed. "I like that rule."

"Saf pretty much is always right," Andrew said. "Most of the time."

"I beg your pardon?" Saffron asked.

"All of the time?" Andrew corrected.

"Better," Saffron grinned at him.

Andy Kirke stood up when he noticed that Potter family arriving.

"Mum!" Saffron exclaimed. "Hi Dad!"

"Hi, sweetheart," Hermione said. "Sorry, we're a little late."

"It's okay," Saffron said. "We just got here."

"Alright, Harry?" Andy asked.

Harry nodded. "Good to see you."

"We couldn't be happier," Tricia told Hermione and Harry. "We love Saffy so much."

"And we just adore Andrew," Hermione said. "He's always been so good to our girl."

Andrew squeezed Saffron's hand. "Thanks again for arranging this, Minister."

"I was happy to do it," Hermione told him.

"Mrs. Kirke, Mr. Kirke," Saffron said. "I'm not sure if you know everyone. You know Julie and Ethan, of course."

"This is my husband Nick and our two daughters, Ashley and Katie," Julie introduced. "And my brother Ethan, his wife Maddie, and their daughter Kiera."

"Kiera!" Saffron exclaimed. "Oh, Maddie! She's adorable!"

"And anxiously waiting to see her aunt," Maddie said with a smile. "Congratulations, Saffy."

"Thanks, Maddie," Saffron said. "Can I hold her?"

"You needn't ask," Maddie passed her daughter to Saffron.

"Hello, sweetness," Saffron said softly. "Hello, my little angel."

Kiera cooed as she waved a little arm in the air.

"I love it when she does that," Saffron grinned.

"Me too," Ethan grinned.

"You have a lovely family," Tricia said. "It's nice to meet all of you. Saffron's told us so much about all of you, I feel as if we know you already."

Everyone sat down; Ashley made sure she had a seat close to her aunt. She blushed when Andrew smiled at her.

"Don't tell Ethan," Saffron said. "But, I'm not giving Kiera back tonight."

Ashley giggled. "My lips are sealed.

Saffron kissed the top of Kiera's head. "She's grown quite a bit since you last saw her, hasn't she, Ash?"

Ashley nodded. "She's so big."

"You've grown up too," Andrew told her. "I almost didn't recognise you for a moment, Ashley."

Ashley blushed. "I had some help getting ready tonight."

"You look beautiful," Andrew told her.

"She does," Saffron agreed. "She always has been beautiful."

Ashley blushed even more deeply.

"How are things at school, Ash?" Andrew asked. "Is your friend still planning on trying out for the house team next term?"

"Zander?" Ashley asked. "Yeah, he really wants to play for Gryffindor."

"That's because traditionally we have the best teams," Saffron said.

"That's right," Andrew agreed.

"We had so much fun playing together," Saffron recalled fondly. "You, me, and RJ."

"Those pickup matches were great," Andrew recalled.

"Yes they were," Saffron said. "Especially all those times we cleaned RJ's clock."

"Those were the best times," Andrew nodded.

Ashley looked confused. "But RJ always says he beat you both every time."

"He's a liar," Saffron said.

Ashley laughed. "So I shouldn't believe a word he says when it comes to Quidditch then?"

"Not unless it's about how great Puddlemere is," Saffron said.

"I'll remember that," Ashley said. "Is he coming tonight?"

"No," Saffron said. "Mum just invited all of us."

"And don't forget me!" Lavender exclaimed from behind her. "Saffron Grace Potter, I can't believe you are engaged and I have to hear it second-hand."

"Aunt Lav!" Saffron exclaimed.

Lavender would have hugged her, but Saffron was still holding the baby. "I just arrived in London a few minutes ago. Seamus sends his love, but he couldn't leave LA. He's filming."

"That's okay," Saffron replied. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Hi, Aunt Lavender!" Katie waved enthusiastically at her.

"Katie!" Lavender hugged her.

"Guess where I'm going next weekend?" Katie asked. Before Lavender could answer, Katie said in a sing-song voice, "Paris!"

"What for?" Lavender asked.

"Because she's doing really well in school," Julie said. "Nick and I are really proud of her."

"That's wonderful, love." Lavender replied.

"Tricia, Andy, you remember my cousin, Lavender, don't you?" Hermione asked.

"I believe we've met," Tricia said.

"I know Seamus from Hogwarts," Andy said. "Good bloke."

Lavender smiled. "He's the best."

"How's Gabe?" Saffron asked.

"Great," Lavender said. "Top of his class again."

"Of course," Saffron grinned. "I can't wait to see him in Brighton."

"He's looking forward to it," Lavender replied.

"I think champagne is in order," Harry said motioning for the waiter.

"Champagne for the adults," Hermione said. "Could you bring some sparkling juice for the children?"

"Of course," the waiter replied.

"Why can't we have champagne?" Katie asked.

"Because you're still a child, Katie," Nick replied.

"I am not," Katie replied.

"She's going to be 11 next month," Caroline told Tricia.

"Caroline," Katie hissed.

"You are," Caroline shrugged.

Katie sighed and sat back, crossing her arms.

"Nine or ten or eleven years old, you wouldn't be able to drink champagne," Nick told her. "Your sister isn't drinking any, either."

Katie sent her sister a disdainful shrug.

Lavender sat down on the other side of Katie. "I don't particularly care for champagne. I much prefer sparkling juice."

"Really?" Katie asked.

"Absolutely," Lavender replied. "Champagne is so last season. Everyone's drinking sparkling juice in LA."

"Wow," Katie said. "That's so cool!"

"It is!" Caroline agreed. "I'm glad we're having that."

"Me too," Katie agreed.

"Crisis averted," Saffron whispered to Ashley. "Aunt Lav certainly knows what to say."

Ashley nodded. "Katie just wants to grow up too fast."

"Nine going on nineteen," Saffron said.

Ashley giggled. "That's just like her."

"She's going to be a handful when she starts dating," Saffron said.

Ashley groaned. "I'll probably have to deal with it at school."

"You can keep her in line," Saffron said.

"I hope so," Ashley looked at her sister.

"What?" Katie asked catching her eye.

"Nothing," Ashley said.

The champagne and juice arrived and Caroline and Katie were happy to see that their juice was served in champagne flutes just like the grown ups.

"Dah-ling," Katie said to Caroline. "This is just so, so posh!"

Caroline giggled. "It is, isn't it? Let's clink our glasses like they do on the telly!"

"Cheers," Katie said.

"Cheers," Caroline said lightly hitting her glass against Katie's.

"A toast to Andrew and Saffron," Harry raised his own glass.

Andrew and Saffron grinned at each other.

"May they be as happy as Hermione and I have been," Harry continued.

Saffron stood up. "Thank you, Dad. I--I haven't had an easy time these last few months. But, I made it through with the help of my family and with the help of Andrew. I feel safe and loved with him and I cannot wait to begin our life together. I'm just so happy that you're all here to celebrate this with us."

"Hear, hear!" everyone raised their glasses.

Saffron beamed at the guests before she took her seat. Andrew gave her a kiss.

"And to my lovely wife to be," he said in a low voice.

"I like the sound of that," Saffron said dreamily.

He gave her another kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too," Saffron whispered. "More than anything."

"My girl," he squeezed her hand.

Saffron couldn't believe how things had changed in such a small amount of time. This morning when she'd woken up, she'd worried that she might be pregnant. And now, she and Andrew were engaged.

That thought still nagged at the back of her mind, but she forced herself to not think about it. There was still that chance she wasn't pregnant, and she was going to bank on that.

"Saffy?" Andrew asked breaking her out of her reverie.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"I asked if you knew what you were going to eat," Andrew said looking at his menu.

"Oh," Saffron said. "Everything looks so good."

"I think I might try the steak," Andrew said.

"The stuffed crab sounds good to me," Saffron said thoughtfully.

"I might have to try that if you get that," Andrew said grinning at her. "Kind of like Ethan and Maddie, but in reverse."

Saffron laughed. "I think that could work."

"It's settled then," Andrew said. "See, our first day as an engaged couple and we're already getting along."

"I hope it's always this perfect," Saffron said.

"It will be," Andrew said. "Especially when you agree that our kids will be Wimbourne fans."

Saffron shook her head. "Never."

"Compromise, Saffron," Andrew said. "Remember?"

"Not over that," Saffron replied.

"You're not going to let me have that, eh?" Andrew asked, shaking his head.

"We'll have to let them decide," Saffron said pertly.

"Fair enough," Andrew said thoughtfully.

"But I think it'll be Puddlemere," she said impishly.

Andrew nudged her. "Thanks, Saffy."

"Of course," she said innocently.

Andrew laughed. "You're lucky I love you so much."

"It's going to be good from here on out, right?" Saffron asked.

"It's going to be perfect," Andrew said touching her cheek.

"Promise?" she asked.

"Promise," Andrew replied. "This is just the beginning, Saffy."