Unofficial Portkey Archive

Last Dance by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Last Dance

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: A lot of you guys want this whole Malfoy part to be over with- it's still got a bit of distance to go but trust us when we say it's not even close to half of what this fic is. And there's plenty of sweet moments in there to offset the angst and controversy that the Malfoys are causing. We also have a few twists in there that we hope will be at least somewhat unpredictable ;)

As always, please take a moment after reading to let us know what you think of the story! Thank you and enjoy!!!

*** *** ***

The next morning, Hermione awoke feeling unusually well rested. She was happy to see that Saffron had slept through the night for a change and had her downstairs, all dressed when Harry came down in his Auror robes.

"Morning," he smiled at his wife and gave her a kiss and then pressed his lips to Saffron's forehead.

"Good morning," Hermione said smiling at him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Aye," Harry said. "I spooned with a gorgeous brunette all night."

Hermione laughed and walked into the kitchen to get Saffron a bottle. Greta was already busily preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Harry, Hermione," she said warmly. "There's fresh juice and French toast."

"You're the best Greta," Harry said. "Your French toast is better than mine." he poured himself some coffee.

Greta laughed. "Yours is pretty good too, Harry. Ethan raves about it all the time."

"Where is the little bugger this morning?" Hermione said as she sat down with Saffron.

"Probably still out like a light," Harry said. "You know how he loves to sleep in."

"And he had a rough day yesterday," Greta said with a slight frown. She looked at the morning's newspaper on the counter. She'd looked at it over her own breakfast this morning and if anything it was nearly as bad as that first article. "Did you want to see today's paper, Harry?"

Harry shook his head. "I ruined their film, but I suspected they'd write something about me losing my temper."

"That was what it was mainly about," Greta said setting a plate of French toast down on the table. She looked at Hermione. "But they also said some terrible things about you, Minister. They...they said that you were busy staging picnics in the park with your husband to offset his so-called adultery and neglecting your duties as Minister."

Hermione shook her head in disgust. "I'll owl Luna or her father and see if they can run a counter article in the Quibbler." she said, refusing to get angry over this.

"The damage has already been done," Harry said angrily. "Why can't they just leave us alone?"

"Because we react," Hermione said. "That's why. They enjoy this and it sells papers Harry."

"There's something else," Greta said. "I know you said that you'd destroyed that photographer's film, but they did have pictures."

"What?" Harry asked, grabbing the paper. "How the hell--" his face grew taut as he glared down at the photos.

Curiosity got the better of Hermione and she stood up with Saffron and looked over Harry's shoulder. Photograph Harry grabbed hold of the reporter's collar and the angle of the shot made it look much worse than it actually was.

"This was taken from a completely different angle," she commented. "They must have suspected that you'd destroy the film so they had a backup photographer hiding out somewhere."

"Someone obviously covered all of their bases," Harry said throwing the paper down.

"Aye," Hermione said softly. She sat down and sighed. "I'm going to have to forego the rest of my maternity leave."

Harry shook his head. "No, Hermione. You still have a few weeks."

"Harry I can't afford to wait." she replied, tipping the bottle up as Saffron drank hungrily. "I don't want to go, but I need to be there to quell these rumours."

Harry knew there was no talking her out of this, but he didn't have to like it. She deserved this time and thanks to some ambitious reporters, she was going to have to give that up. It wasn't fair.

Ethan walked into the kitchen, still clad in his pyjamas. "Greta you made French toast!"

"I did little man," Greta forced a smile onto her face. "Just the way you like it."

Ethan could tell something was wrong. "There was something else in the paper, wasn't there?"

"There was," Harry said, pulling Ethan over to sit by him. "Shows a picture of your old man losing his temper."

"Can I see it?" Ethan asked.

Harry looked at Hermione, who nodded. "Sure." he pushed the paper in front of him.

Ethan picked up the paper and began to read.

"You look really angry, Dad," he said a few moments later. "I mean----really, really angry. But you were just trying to protect Mum and Saffy."

"That's right," Harry said. "You know we don't like it when they take pictures of you three."

Ethan smiled at his father. "Thanks for letting me see it."

Harry nodded. "This might be another thing they give you a hard time about at school." he said. "And your mum has to go back to work now to try and straighten everything out."

Ethan frowned. "Do you have to Mum? I've liked you being here when I wake up and when I get home from school."

"I love it too sweetheart," Hermione said. "And I'll miss it, but I have to go back."

"Okay," Ethan said quietly.

Hermione handed Saffron to Harry and pulled her son to her, crushing him to her in a hug. "I've had so much fun with you the past few months," she said.

"Me too," Ethan said hugging her back. "That's why I don't want you to go back to work."

"Part of me wishes I didn't have to go back too," Hermione kissed the top of his head. "But we'll still have plenty of time to spend together in the evenings, and on the weekends."

Ethan nodded. "And you'll still help me with my homework, right?"

Hermione laughed. "You've got a deal."

"How come you never ask me to help you with your lessons?" Harry asked.

"Because Mum's the smart one," Ethan explained.

Harry stared at him. "I'll have you know I'm not a complete idiot, son. I happen to know a thing or two myself."

"A thing or two," Ethan grinned. "Not everything like Mum does."

"Ethan James," Hermione said giving him a hug. "I love you so much! Your old mum needed to hear that!"

Ethan laughed. "Mum that hurts," he said.

Hermione laughed. "You just wait until your Aunt Lavender gets back. She's going to pinch your little cheeks...you know how she loves to do that."

"Yeah, her and Julie both," Ethan said. "I hate when they do that."

"They can't help it," Hermione said smiling at him. "You're adorable, Ethan."

Harry grinned at his son's expression. "Adorable is good Ethan," he said.

"You're not supposed to call boys adorable, Dad."

Harry laughed as he handed Saffron to Greta. "I'd better get in the office and do the regulatory damage control."

"You're leaving now, Dad?" Ethan asked.

"Have to," Harry replied. "I'll be home tonight though little man."

"I still can't fly, can I?" Ethan asked, knowing the answer, but still wanting to ask anyway.

"Nope," Harry said. "Not for the next week Ethan, you know that."

"Just thought I'd try," Ethan said settling back down at the table to eat his breakfast.

"You wouldn't mind if your wife walked you out, would you?" Hermione asked Harry.

"Of course not," Harry smiled at her. "I'd love it."

Hermione smiled and took his hand as they walked toward the front door.

"This will all blow over," Hermione said softly. "The last thing we need to do is get upset. That's exactly what they want."

"I know," Harry replied. "I'll just have to try and keep my calm when I get in the office. At least this time it didn't target Natalie."

"I hope you give her my best," Hermione said. "And ask her to come by for dinner some night. We'd be happy to have her."

"I'm sure she'd like that," Harry leaned in and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said smiling at him. "Now go and save the world..."

Harry laughed. "I'll owl you to see if you're free for lunch all right? Good luck going back to the office."

"Thanks," she said giving him one last kiss.

Harry squeezed her hand before tossing some Floo powder into the fireplace and heading for the office.

*** *** ***

Draco walked into St. Mungos in a cross mood. The article about Potter's temper tantrum took up most of the newspaper. The big article that the Daily Prophet promised to write about Draco's new position at St. Mungos had been buried in the second to last page of today's paper. In fact, Draco thought angrily, it had barely been an article. It had been nothing more than a small blurb.

Even when he's getting bad publicity, Potter always finds a way to steal the show. Lucius wasn't any help this morning. He couldn't understand why Draco was so upset. His point of view was that as long as the Potters were painted in a negative light, it shouldn't matter about anything else. I bet he wouldn't be so dismissive, if they'd run that blurb about him.

"Healer Malfoy," the hospital administrator said smiling nervously at him. Draco could never remember the bloke's name.

"Edward Stevenson," the man reminded him. "I was going to take you to your office. You're on the top floor. Your office is next to Healer Parkinson's."

"Healer who?" Draco asked.

"Pansy Parkinson," Edward said. "She's one of our top healers."

Draco laughed derisively. "You've got to be kidding me."

Edward gave him a confused look. "Healer Parkinson is one of the best. Did you know she actually delivered the Minister's baby?"

"She's an idiot," Draco snapped. "I don't want to be near her."

Edward started to fidget. "Well, it's just that we had no other offices that fit your criteria, Healer Malfoy. And…and it's not as if you'll see her all the time. She's quite busy."

"Is it a corner office at least?" Draco demanded.

"Yes sir," Edward said quickly. "How about I take you upstairs and show you around?"

"Fine," Draco said shortly.

A few minutes later, Edward was leading Draco down the hall toward his new office.

"You have a fully stocked ice box," Edward was saying.

"Good," Draco muttered. "At least something got done right."

"Pardon?" Edward asked.

"Nothing," Draco barked. "Let's go."

Pansy was coming out of her office her arms laden with files when she nearly bumped into Draco and Edward.

"Healer Parkinson," Edward said smiling at her. "You're just in time to welcome our newest hire..."

"You?" Pansy asked as her jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

"Miss me Parkinson?" Draco smirked.

Pansy snorted. "You wish..."

"I'm your new neighbour," Draco said, still smirking. "I'm sure you'd like to help me settle in."

"What?" Pansy asked looking at Edward who seemed quite uncomfortable. "You've got to be kidding me!"

"I work here now," Draco said with an air of superiority. "My wife and I just moved back here."

"I think I'll leave you to it," Edward said excusing himself. Pansy had never seen him move so fast.

"You and your wife?" Pansy asked her nose scrunching up in disgust. "Why on earth would the two of you show your faces around here?"

"Why shouldn't we?" Draco asked, opening the door to his new office.

"That office was supposed to be mine," Pansy said angrily. "There's a little thing called seniority, Draco. But I guess when you pay enough money, things like that don't matter..."

"It's all about expertise Parkinson," Draco said smugly. "It's a simple case of being the better Healer."

"Please," Pansy said. "I wonder what your bedside manner is like. You probably couldn't care less about your patients."

"I've been described as having a firm, efficient manner." Draco said airily.

"But you don't care, do you?" she challenged him. "You've never cared about anyone but yourself."

"I care about my wife," Draco turned and glared at her.

Pansy laughed. "Ah, yes. The only other person on the planet as self-centred as you."

"Don't be jealous Parkinson," Draco decided to ignore her comment.

"I'm not jealous," Pansy said laughing. "I'm very happy with Gregory. And I must say he's a lot better than you in many, many ways. You remember our first time, don't you? You lasted about what...30 seconds, wasn't it?"

"As opposed to your fifteen?" Draco smirked. "And Goyle, there's a big winner."

"Why?" Pansy asked him. "Because he's no longer happy to kiss your arse? He's not one of your henchmen?"

"As fun as this conversation is," Draco said, opening his icebox. "I have things to put away and new patients to see. Of course, if you have problems I'm still willing to help Parkinson."

"Don't hold your breath waiting for me to ask for your help," she said before walking back down the hall.

Draco only sneered again as she turned away. "Stupid bint," he muttered.

Pansy was muttering furiously to herself as she walked away. Draco Malfoy never did anything without a reason. From what she understood, he had a pretty good thing going in Sydney. Why would he come here? She had no idea, but she was going to find out why.

She wondered if she should bother saying anything to Hermione- especially since she'd come to regard the Minister as a good friend since the birth of Saffron. Tossing a pinch of Floo powder into her fireplace, she stuck her head in and called Hermione's name.

"Good morning, Pansy," Hermione said rushing into the sitting room.

"I'm sorry to bother you-" Pansy began. "Wait, Hermione are you going back to work? Why are you in your Minister's robes?"

Hermione nodded. "I'm going back in today. I hate to cut my maternity leave short, but I know you've read the articles about Harry and me..."

"That's actually not why I'm bothering you," Pansy sighed. "You'll never believe who I just saw- who's moving into the office next to mine..."

"Draco Malfoy?" Hermione guessed with a laugh. When Pansy didn't join in, Hermione paled. "Really?"

"Really," Pansy said disgustedly. "He told me he's moved back to London with his wife."

Hermione needed to sit down. "Why would they move back here? Unless they're trying to get Nick back..."

"He hasn't said," Pansy replied. "But anything I hear I'll pass along to you, I promise."

"Thanks Pansy," Hermione said. "How about you? How do you feel about all of this?"

Pansy shrugged. "He's just as insufferable as ever, I'm sure it'll be a real joy to have him around."

"I wish you luck," Hermione said giving her a reassuring smile. "And I'm here if you need to vent. Merlin knows you've done the same for me."

"Thanks," Pansy gave her a wry smile. "Tell Harry would you? I'm sure he'll be overjoyed to hear about this as well."

"You think?" Hermione asked. "We're supposed to meet each other for lunch. I'll tell him then."

"All right." Pansy said. "I'll see you in a few weeks for Saffy's check up."

"She's sleeping through the night now," Hermione said. "Two nights in a row."

"That's good to hear," Pansy said with a genuine smile.

"Take care Pansy," Hermione said smiling back at her.

"You too," Pansy pulled her head out of the fire and sat back for a moment before going to her desk for her patient files for that day. She couldn't let Malfoy bother her.

*** *** ***

Ron, Luna and Maddie were spending an enjoyable day in London while looking at flats for Jon and Josh's graduation present.

"What about this one?" Ron asked as they were sitting in The Leaky Cauldron. "Right here on the main street, and it looks pretty affordable. We said we were only going to pay the rent for the first year right?"

"Right," Luna said absently. "Don't you think they'd like something else for graduation? Like maybe a racing broom? You know, Jon wants to do flying lessons..."

"Mummy doesn't want Josh and Jon to leave," Maddie whispered to her father.

Ron smiled at his wife. "Empty nest dear?"

"Just a little," Luna admitted.

"You'll still have me and Dolly and R.J.," Maddie reminded her. "And Daddy too."

"And Drew and Darla for summers and for winter breaks," Ron added.

"And when Ethan and I get married, he'll live with us too," Maddie said happily.

Ron snorted into his butterbeer as Luna smiled at her daughter. "Maybe we'll have to stop by and see if he's home." she said.

Maddie bounced excitedly up and down in her seat. "And we can see Saffy too!"

"That's right," Ron grinned. "Finish up that fizzy so we can get going." he ruffled her curls.

"I can't believe our boys will be graduating in a couple of weeks," Luna said tearing up. "It seems like just yesterday we were sending them off..."

"I know," Ron rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

"My sweet boys," Luna said sniffling.

"Come on," Ron said. "Let's go check out that place."

Luna nodded and Maddie scrambled into her mother's arms.

"Don't be sad, Mummy," she said hugging Luna tightly.

"Oh sweetheart," Luna kissed her daughter's forehead. "You won't let me be sad for long will you?"

Maddie shook her head. "I don't like it when you're sad."

"I can't stay that way when you're hugging me like this," Luna said, holding her tighter.

"How did you get to be so sweet, Madeline?" Ron asked as he came back from paying their tab.

"I'm just that way Daddy," Maddie said brightly.

Luna laughed as they walked out of the pub.

"Luna," Ron said reassuringly. "This will be good for them. They both wanted to move back to London anyway..."

"I know," Luna said wistfully.

"And we'll visit them all the time," Ron told her.

"I like that idea," Luna smiled.

"Me too," Maddie nodded. "And I can bring Dolly to visit them!"

"That might not be such a great idea sweetheart," Ron told her. He'd had to think fast to convince Maddie to let Dolly stay with Molly and Arthur and R.J. while they travelled into London for the day.

"Why not Daddy?" Maddie asked.

"You wouldn't want Dolly tearing up your brothers' new place, would you?" Ron asked her.

"She won't if I keep her in the cage," Maddie returned.

Ron frowned. Maddie thought of everything. "What if you brought her by and Josh and Jon liked her so much and they tried to get her to stay with them?"

Maddie stopped and frowned. "Dolly would never want to stay." she said. "She loves me like I love her."

"Okay," Ron said exasperatedly. "She can come, but she has to stay in her cage, Madeline."

"Thank you Daddy," Maddie gave him an extra big smile.

Ron couldn't help laughing. "You're welcome sweetheart."

They finally reached the building. "What floor is it on?" Luna asked.

"Seven," Ron replied. "And there's a lift too."

"Ron," Luna said. "This is where Anna and Luke used to live!"

Ron twisted around to look at the lobby. "Hey it is! I thought this place looked familiar."

"They were really happy here," Luna said. She'd always liked this building. "I think Anna said that they still keep the old place to stay in when they visit..."

"That's good to know," Ron replied. They stopped in the main office for a key and headed upstairs.

"Daddy can I have a piggyback ride?" Maddie asked as they got in the lift.

"Of course you can," Ron said helping her onto his shoulders.

"Thank you Daddy," Maddie wrapped her little arms around him, giggling in delight. It made Luna laugh as well.

The lift pinged open and they walked out into the hall.

"And this place will be really convenient for Josh," Ron said trying to sell his wife on the place. "It's close to the university too."

"And right down the road from the broom shop for Jon," Luna noted.

"And really close to the Longbottoms too," Ron said.

"Which I'm sure will please Neville to no end," Luna laughed.

"Why wouldn't Uncle Neville be happy about that?" Maddie asked innocently.

"Just because," Ron said. "Hey look at this window shelf- I bet Dolly would like her cage sitting here."

"She's scared of heights Daddy," Maddie reminded him. "That might be too high for her!"

"Ohhh right sweetheart I forgot," Ron said, bouncing her a little on his back.

"Two bedrooms," Luna said walking through the kitchen. "I'm sure they'll be glad that they don't have to share anymore."

"Aye," Ron agreed. "And this is a nice sized sitting room as well."

Luna felt tears coming into her eyes as a memory of her twins when they were Maddie's age came into her head. Jon was always Ron's shadow and Josh was always trying to build something.

"They'll be really h-happy here," Luna choked out.

"Mummy," Maddie slid off her father's back. "Don't be sad again! I'll give you extra hugs!"

"I'm going to need them," Luna said hugging her little girl. "I'm sorry for getting this way. Can you imagine what I'll be like when they actually do move away?"

"A right mess," Ron teased gently.

"You'll be the same way when Drew and Darla move out," Luna said laughing through her tears.

"I'm sure I will," Ron agreed. "And when the day comes that my little Madeline goes I'll be just like your mum." he tickled his youngest daughter.

"I'm never leaving," Maddie said giggling. "Ethan, Dolly and I will live with you and Mummy always."

That made Luna start laughing. "I wonder what Ethan would have to say about that?"

"We can go find out," Maddie said hopefully. "I need to tell him how his little baby Dolly is doing..."

Ron snickered. "Well what do you both say? Do you think Jon and Josh will like this place?"

Luna nodded. "I think so."

"Then I guess it's unanimous," Ron said. "Let's go down and sign the papers, then we can see if Harry and Hermione want to join us for dinner."

"Sounds like a plan," Luna said wiping her tears away. "Let's get going. Come along, Maddie."

"Yay!" Maddie said excitedly. "We get to go see Ethan!"

"And my goddaughter," Ron said grinning at her. "We haven't seen little Saffy in weeks."

"I hope she's started sleeping through the night," Luna said as they left the flat.

"I'm sure Harry and Hermione feel the same way," Ron joked.

"Let's go Daddy!" Maddie begged.

Ron laughed and looked at Luna. "You heard her, Luna. Let's go!"

"Do you think Ethan will be happy to see me?" Maddie asked after they'd signed the papers for the place and were leaving.

"He'll be very---" Luna said searching for the right word. "Surprised, Maddie. He'll be very surprised to see you."

"Surprised means happy right Daddy?" Maddie asked.

"Of course," Ron said not wanting to hurt his daughter's feelings.

"Look!" Maddie said as they were back out on the street. "There's Uncle Harry!"

Luna followed Maddie's gaze and saw that Maddie was pointing to a news stand which displayed the latest copies of the Daily Prophet.

"On the paper, Mummy!" Maddie said excitedly. "He's in the paper!"

"So he is," Luna murmured, looking at her husband.

"Bloody hell," Ron said walking over to the news stand for a better look.

"Looks like I might have to write another article," Luna said.

"Why's Uncle Harry so angry?" Maddie asked.

"Someone was trying to take a picture of Saffy and your Aunt Hermione," Ron guessed from what he could gather from the photo. He knew how protective his two friends were of their children.

"Why does that make him mad though?" Maddie was confused.

Ron knelt down in front of Maddie. "Sweetheart, how would you feel if someone tried to bother Dolly? And you didn't know them at all, but they wanted to take pictures of her and it got Dolly really upset and scared? You'd be mad, wouldn't you?"

Maddie nodded. "I would be very angry!" she said. "Dolly doesn't like to be scared."

"That's how your Uncle Harry felt when someone tried to scare Saffy," Ron explained.

"Oh," Maddie nodded. "Well I hope he told them to go away then!"

"I bet he did just that," Ron said ruffling her curls again. "How about we go and see for ourselves, eh?"

"Okay!" Maddie said excitedly.

It had been a long, hard day and sensing his horrible mood, Lupin suggested Harry call it an early one. Hermione had been too busy to go to lunch and he looked forward to hearing about her day and seeing his children. He was quite surprised when he walked in the door to find Ron, Luna and Maddie in the sitting room with Greta and a none-too-thrilled Ethan.

"This is a nice surprise," Harry said giving Maddie a hug.

"Uncle Harry I saw your picture in the paper!" Maddie said, hugging him back.

"So did I," Harry said laughing. "Not a really good picture of me was it?"

"I like it when you smile a lot better," Maddie said with a grin.

"Me too," Harry said carrying her over to the sofa and sitting down. "What brings you lot by?"

"We were in town picking out a flat for Jon and Josh's graduation gift." Ron replied as Maddie slid off Harry's lap next to Ethan. "And we thought we'd pop by to see if you lot wanted to go out for dinner."

"Might have to be a Muggle place," Harry said dryly. "We'd be mobbed anywhere else we went."

"Anywhere that serves food is fine with me," Ron said.

"Ethan was just telling us that he starts back to school tomorrow," Luna said trying to engage the sullen little boy in conversation. "You must have had a nice half term break, Ethan."

Ethan squirmed beside Maddie. "It was okay. I'm grounded. Dad won't let me fly for a week."

"Why not?" Maddie asked. "What's being grounded?"

"It's when you do something bad and your parents take away something you really love to do," Ethan answered.

"But you don't do anything bad," Maddie said, giving him her special grin.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Don't sit so close to me, Maddie."

"Ethan," Harry said. The look he gave his son said be nice.

"Please, don't sit so close to me, Maddie," Ethan corrected.

"Ethan James," Harry said. "Can I see you in the kitchen please."

Ethan knew he had no choice in the matter and since he didn't relish being grounded for longer than a week, he got up and solemnly followed his father into the kitchen.

"I would very much appreciate it if you would be nice to Maddie," Harry said softly. "I know it annoys you when she says she wants to marry you, but you don't have to see her that often."

"Why don't her mum and dad say something to her about it?" Ethan asked. "It would really help me out, Dad."

"Because we think its cute Ethan," Harry replied. "And it's just Maddie. She's harmless. So please be a bit nicer." he chucked his son under the chin and smiled at him.

Ethan laughed. "Okay, Dad. You're really pretty cool, you know that?"

"I try," Harry grinned.

"I missed Mum today," Ethan said.

"I did too," Harry said. "I bet she'll be home soon though."

"I hope so," Ethan said. "I guess I could take Maddie upstairs to show her the fort I built in Saffron's nursery."

"You built a fort in Saffron's nursery?" Harry asked.

"I had to protect her from the monsters," Ethan said, with a red face.

"What monsters little man?" Harry asked.

"The ones that used to hide under my bed," Ethan explained. "They moved into Saffy's room."

Harry smiled. "You're a good big brother, Ethan. And I think Maddie would love to see your fort."

"Okay," Ethan said. "I'll take her up to see it."

"Thank you," Harry said. "Just promise me you'll be careful around her crib, okay?"

"Okay Dad I promise," Ethan said.

"Okay," Harry said following Ethan back into the sitting room.

"Do you want to go see my fort, Maddie?" Ethan asked her. "It's in Saffy's room."

"Really?" Maddie asked interestedly. "You have a fort up there?"

Ethan nodded. "You can be the evil witch who tries to infiltrate the fort."

Harry put his hand over his mouth to stop from laughing.

Ron snorted behind his hand and Luna turned to hide her giggles.

"As long as she's a pretty witch too." Maddie had missed Ethan's innocent insinuation.

"Whatever," Ethan said motioning for her to follow him. "Well, do you want to see it or not?"

"Sure," Maddie grabbed onto his arm.

"Was that the cutest thing you ever saw?" Luna asked when they were alone. "Maddie was so excited when we were told her we'd stop by."

"Ethan doesn't know what to make of her," Harry said with a chuckle. "I think he's a bit scared."

"So was I," Ron said winking at Luna. "When I met her..."

"She's just like me," Luna said proudly.

"Ethan won't know what hit him," Ron joked.

Harry was still laughing. "I hope Hermione gets home soon. I'm really glad you guys are here, it's a nice surprise."

"We thought you would need some moral support," Ron said. "We, um, saw the article--articles, I mean."

Harry shook his head. "They'll just never stop I suppose. Hermione and I agreed to not let them see how much they bother us."

"That's a smart wife you have there," Luna told him. "If you don't mind me saying..."

"Aye," Harry grinned. "Smart and gorgeous."

"Greta mentioned something about Ethan running away last night," Ron said. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah- he saw that article about me and Natalie, my trainee." Harry replied. "Got upset about it but we straightened him out."

"Kind of hard to explain to an eight-year old boy," Luna said sympathetically.

"Yeah you could say that," Harry replied. "That's why he was grounded though."

"And Saffy seems to be doing okay," Luna said. "She's grown so much since the last time we saw her."

"Like a bloody weed," Harry said. "Every time I look at her it's like she's grown twice the size she was that morning."

"Well," Ethan said opening up the door to Saffron's nursery. "What do you think?"

"Wow!" Maddie clapped her hands in delight. "Ethan it's so cool! If Dolly was here she'd love it!"

Ethan couldn't help smiling back at her. It was a rather cool fort, if he did say so himself. Because he was grounded, he couldn't watch telly or play any video games so he'd spent most of the day building this fort.

"We have to be very careful not to wake up Queen Saffron," Ethan whispered.

"Okay," Maddie whispered back. "But how do we play in it then?"

Ethan pulled back one of the sheets he'd hung from Saffron's bureau to the rocking chair by the window. "You just have to keep your voice down. If you wake the Queen up, you'll have to..." he frowned as he tried to think of a good enough punishment. "You'll...you'll have to walk the plank!"

Maddie's eyes widened. "I can't swim!" she said.

"It's not real water, Maddie," Ethan said shaking his head. "It's just pretend."

Maddie gave him an adoring smile. "I was just pretending too," she giggled quietly. "Daddy took me swimming yesterday."

"Your dad is really cool," Ethan whispered. "Not as cool as mine, but cool just the same."

"My daddy's very cool," Maddie said. "He says I have him wrapped around his little finger."

"You probably will never get grounded then," Ethan said impressed.

"What's grounded?" Maddie asked.

"It's when you do something really bad and your parents punish you by taking away something you really love for a few days," Ethan explained, deciding not to remind Maddie that he'd told her this downstairs. He'd promised his dad he'd try to be nice after all.

"Oh," Maddie nodded. "What did you get taken away?" she asked.

"I can't go flying for a week," Ethan said frowning. "And I can't watch telly or play any of my video games."

"So you made a fort," Maddie nodded.

"Yup," Ethan said. "I spent all day on it."

Maddie gave him another adoring smile. "If she's the Queen, what does that make me?"

"Well, I'm a knight," Ethan explained. "And it's my job to protect the queen and her castle." At the blank expression on Maddie's face, Ethan rolled his eyes. "Saffy's crib is her castle."

"Okay," Maddie nodded. "Can I be the princess then?"

"You can be a princess," Ethan said thoughtfully. "But you have to be an EVIL princess."

Maddie frowned. "I am not evil," she informed him.

"We're just pretending, Maddie," Ethan reminder her.

"But I want to be a pretty princess," Maddie insisted.

Ethan sighed. "You can be a pretty, but evil princess. How's that?"

Maddie thought for a moment. "Okay," she agreed. "Do you have a dress for me?"

"Why would I have a dress?" Ethan asked her. "I'm a boy. Boys don't have dresses. Besides, Mads...you have a dress on already!"

"It's a skirt," Maddie said. "But I guess I can just pretend. Next time I'll bring a princess dress with me."

Ethan could hear Saffron starting to stir and he put a finger to his lips to tell Maddie to keep it down. Gently, he eased back the sheet and walked over to his sister's crib. Saffron's eyes blinked open and she smiled up at him.

"She's awake," Maddie said. "She must really like her big brother's fort." she grinned at Ethan.

"It's cool being a big brother," Ethan said smiling at Maddie. "You must feel the same way about R.J.--being his big sister."

She nodded. "RJ's fun especially now that he's starting to talk."

"What sorts of things does he say?" Ethan asked.

"He says Mum and Dad," Maddie answered. Then she giggled. "He calls me Mah-ee."

Ethan laughed. "Mah-ee...that's funny!"

She laughed too. "It's really funny when he says it too."

"Saffy doesn't say anything yet, but she's coos and gurgles when she's happy," Ethan said reaching his hand into the crib, which Saffron promptly wrapped her little hand around two of his fingers. "And she really likes to grab on to stuff..."

"Like what?" Maddie asked interestedly.

"She likes to grab on to my mum's locket," Ethan said. "And she really, really loves to grab my dad's hair."

Maddie laughed. "I bet she'd grab my hair too," she touched her blonde curls.

"You'd better watch out," Ethan said laughing. Saffron smacked her lips. "I think she's thirsty."

"I wish I could hold her," Maddie smiled wistfully at the baby.

"Maybe you can later when your parents or mine can help," Ethan said, wondering why he was being nice to her. He guessed it had something to do with her being okay when she wasn't talking about marriage and rubbish like that.

"Really?" Maddie asked excitedly. "Maybe I can hold her when we go to dinner!"

"Maybe," Ethan said. He could tell that Saffron was about to start crying and he manoeuvred his way through the fort and out of the room with Maddie hot on his heels. At the foot of the stairs, he called out for his father.

"Saffy's thirsty, Dad!"

"Okay Ethan!" Harry called back. "Be up in a moment."

"Everything okay up there?" Luna asked staring up the stairs at her daughter and Ethan.

"Yes Mummy," Maddie said. "I get to be a princess!"

"Great sweetheart," Luna said smiling up at her.

"Next time we come over I have to bring my princess dress," Maddie said.

"And we'll have to make you a crown," Ethan chimed in.

Maddie was thrilled. "Will you make it for me Ethan?" she asked.

"We, um, could make it now if you like," Ethan said leading her down the stairs. "I have some crayons and paper in the kitchen. Come on..."

Maddie gripped his hand and sent him a happy smile.

Ethan didn't know what to make of this, but seeing as he was hoping to get off of his grounding due to good behaviour, he decided to keep quiet.

"What are you two kids doing?" Harry asked, sending his son a grin.

"Playing," Ethan said blushing as he breezed past his father.

Saffron's crying became louder and Harry hurried upstairs with her bottle.

"Can we make my crown sparkle?" Maddie asked him.

"I think we have some glitter left over from last Halloween," Ethan said. "I don't know where it is though..."

"Okay," Maddie sat down next to him. "Maybe Greta knows where it is."

"Maybe," Ethan said.

Luna laughed as she sat back down with Ron. "They're actually getting along."

"I bet Maddie's over the moon about that," Ron chuckled.

"Did you see her?" Luna asked. "She looked as if she was on cloud nine."

Harry came back into the sitting room with Saffron.

"Oh, Harry," Luna whispered. "She's so big!"

"I know," Harry handed her over to Ron. "Gets bigger every time I see her."

"She wasn't thirsty," Harry explained. "I think she just wanted to say hello..."

"That could be," Ron gave her a kiss on the forehead. "You're gorgeous just like your mum."

"She's the spitting image of Hermione," Harry said fondly.

"Lucky her," Ron teased.

"Ron stop it," Luna replied. "She's got Harry's eyes."

"And just like her mum, she's crazy about me," Harry said with a smug smile at his best friend.

Ron rolled his eyes but laughed. "She really is gorgeous Harry. Sometimes I still can't believe you and Hermione have another baby."

"Neither can I," Hermione chimed in behind them.

"Hey you're home!" Harry gave his wife a welcoming smile.

"And not a moment too soon," Hermione said with a frown. "I had the worst day. Sod's law and all that..."

Harry slid an arm around her. "Ron and Luna want us to go out for dinner with them... are you up for that?"

"Of course," Hermione said smiling at them. "It will nice to be around people who aren't hurling accusations at me."

Luna got up and hugged her friend. "I'd be happy to write an article for you telling the truth if you'd like," she offered.

"I wouldn't want to put you out," Hermione said hugging her back. "Besides, you're working on your novel."

"I'd do anything to help you two out," Luna said. "You know that."

"I know," Hermione said. "I think we're going to need all the help we can get." She looked at Harry. "I think you need to sit down for this."

"What?" Harry asked, a frown creasing his brow.

"Right before I left for work," Hermione explained. "Pansy Flooed to let me know who St. Mungos newest healer was."

Harry shook his head in confusion. "Why would that matter to us?" he asked.

"Because it's Ron favourite and only brother-in-law," Hermione answered.

All three of the adults in the room stared at her. "Please tell me you're joking," Ron finally said.

"I wish I were," Hermione said. "And he's brought your sister back with him."

Harry's jaw nearly hit the floor. "What the fuck do they possibly want here in London?"

"I don't know," Hermione said. "But don't you think it's a bit odd that the moment those two arrive back in London, the papers start having a field day with our marriage?"

Harry's hands clenched into fists. "Damn them," he said darkly.

"When will they give up?" Luna asked disgustedly. "I hope this isn't some ploy to get Nick back into their good graces."

"I'm going to find out where they're living and pay my sister a visit," Ron said, his jaw set.

"Do you think that's wise, Ron?" Luna asked.

"There's no other choice here," Ron replied.

"I still don't have to like it," Luna said shaking her head. "I just wish they'd stayed away."

"So do I," Hermione said. "I'm sorry, I know that she's your sister Ron, but--"

"But she's done some horrible things," Ron interjected. "Sometimes I think the girl I knew as my sister died the day she got involved with Draco Malfoy."

Luna put a comforting hand on his arm. "I'm sorry Ron."

"Yeah," Ron said bouncing Saffron on his lap. "And this last summer...I thought that she actually might still have a conscience. There were times I could see a small glimpse of the girl she used to be, but the moment he came back, it was gone."

"Aye," Harry nodded. "She went back with Draco, and she disowned Nick just like he did."

"Nick!" Luna said clapping her hand over her mouth.

"Oh, Harry," Hermione said looking at him. "We should warn him about this."

"Err..." Greta was in the doorway. "I didn't mean to listen in, but I never really got a chance to tell you. Nick already knows that his parents are back here in town. I saw Ginny Weasley with Narcissa Malfoy in town while shopping with Ethan."

"Narcissa Malfoy!" Harry asked sharply.

"The Ice Queen herself?" Luna scoffed.

"Wait a minute," Hermione said. "If Narcissa Malfoy is here that must mean..."

"Lucius is as well," Harry finished, his eyes glinting coldly.

"You don't think--" Hermione said her voice trailing off as she couldn't bring herself to say the words. She knew Lucius held Harry responsible for his downfall.

"We're going to keep an extra close eye on Ethan and Saffy," Harry interrupted. "And I'll tell Julie to watch out as well." he looked at Ron. "We know what Lucius Malfoy is capable of."

"All too well," Ron said gingerly handing Saffron off to Hermione who happily took her daughter in her arms.

"My sweet girl," Hermione said kissing her forehead.

"She's been so good all day," Greta said. "I think she missed you though. And you have to see what Ethan made in her room."

"Don't tell her!" Ethan called out from the kitchen. "Greta, you promised! I want to show her!"

"I won't," Greta called back.

"Now I'm really curious," Hermione smiled.

Ethan came out of the kitchen and sprinted over to his mother. "I missed you today, Mum."

"Hey little man," Hermione said, shifting Saffron to her right arm while hugging her son with her left. "I missed you too."

Harry motioned for Ron to follow him into his study so they could have a quick word.

"I don't like this Ron," Harry said quietly.

"I don't either," Ron replied. "Whenever a Malfoy is involved, nothing good is going on."

"If either of them lays one finger on any member of my family or my friends..." Harry said, his eyes darkening.

"I'll hold them down while you kill them," Ron's blue eyes were narrowed.

"I'm going to strengthen the wards we have around the house," Harry said wondering if that would be enough. "And Ethan starts school again tomorrow. I think I'll have some of my men watching the school, too."

"That might be a good idea," Ron said. "It's good he goes to a Wizarding primary school. Imagine if it was a Muggle place."

"I don't even want to think about it," Harry said. "But Julie teaches at one. That's going to be a problem."

"She's an adult though," Ron said thoughtfully. "Jules is quick and smart- I think she'd be able to handle herself. Although it probably wouldn't hurt to try and place an aide or some sort of security device that she can alert you with should anything go wrong."

"You know something, Weasley?" Harry said patting him on the back. "You're sort of smart when you want to be."

"Gee thanks Potter," Ron replied sarcastically. "Good to know you care."

"I do," Harry said smiling at him. "You're my best mate, Ron. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you. You know that."

"I know," Ron grinned at him. "You'd be lost. And your kitchen would always be well stocked."

"Speaking of well stocked kitchens," Harry said. "I don't believe I've seen you eat anything since you've been here."

"I was holding out for dinner," Ron said. "But if you've got some biscuits or something I'd be glad to help you get rid of them."

"You're so unselfish, Ron."

"I know," Ron nodded. "Always willing to help empty a kitchen in need," they laughed as they went downstairs.

Maddie grinned at her father. "Look at my crown Daddy!"

"Princess Madeline," Ron said scooping her up in his arms.

"Princess Cruella," Ethan corrected.

"Princess Cruella?" Ron began to laugh. "Are you an evil princess sweetheart?"

"An evil, pretty princess," Maddie said happily. "But I'm not really evil. It's just pretend!"

"You're a gorgeous princess," Ron kissed her cheek.

"Hey Dad can you make this sparkle?" Ethan asked, holding up the paper crown.

"Sure little man," Harry said pulling out his wand and muttering a quick spell. He handed it back to Maddie who was staring at in awe.

"It's so pretty!" she said smiling adoringly at it. "Thanks, Uncle Harry!"

"You're welcome love," Harry smiled at her. "Did Ethan colour that for you?"

"I might have," Ethan mumbled. He could already see his parents' getting ideas. "I, um, should probably go upstairs and get ready for dinner."

"All right little man," Harry laughed.

"Ethan you have to put this on me," Maddie said.

"You can put it on yourself, Maddie. You don't need me," Ethan said.

"But you have to crown me," Maddie insisted.

"But I'm just a knight," Ethan told her. "You have to be crowned by royalty. A king or a queen, not a lowly knight."

"How about I crown you sweetheart?" Ron asked, sensing Ethan's discomfort.

"Okay," Maddie said giving him a slight smile.

"It's better this way," Ethan said. "Your dad is a king if you're a princess."

"Oh," Maddie said her face brightening. "That's right! Daddy! You're a king!"

Luna laughed from the doorway. "Weasley is my king," she said, her eyes twinkling.

"I can't believe I used to hate hearing that," Ron said grinning back at her.

"You hated it until I sang it to you," Luna smiled at him.

"Why did you hate being called a king Daddy?" Maddie asked, adjusting the crown over her blonde hair.

Ron laughed. "Well, my Maddie. When your daddy was in school, there was this really mean, smelly, bas-"

"RONALD!" Luna interjected, swatting him on the arm.

"Ferret," Ron continued. "And when I played Quidditch, at first I wasn't very good and he made up a song about me. But then when I won the Quidditch Cup, your mum here changed it so it was a good song."

"Teach me to sing it Mummy!" Maddie said excitedly.

Luna laughed. "Once we get home I'll teach it to you."

Hermione laughed. "Well, if you'll just give me a few minutes to change out of my robes, we can go out to eat."

"Sure," Harry smiled at his wife. "Greta will you join us?" he asked. "We'd love to have you out with us."

"Sure," Greta said with a grin. "I'll just go and freshen up."

Harry, Ethan, Greta and Hermione all went off to get ready for dinner leaving Ron, Luna and Maddie in the sitting room. Maddie was a little sleepy and she rested her head on her father's chest as her parents chatted.

"Are you tired love?" Ron stroked her hair.

"Mmmhmm," Maddie said sleepily. "I'm just resting my eyes, Daddy."

"You're not too tired for ice cream after dinner right?" Ron teased gently.

"No," Maddie said softly. "Never too tired for that."

"I'm going to floo over and let your mum know what we're doing," Luna said walking over to the fireplace.

Ron kissed the top of his daughter's head as his wife spoke to his mother through the fireplace.

Maddie felt herself drifting off to sleep even though she tried to fight it.

She felt herself being lifted up and she thought it was her father setting her on the sofa, but when she opened her eyes again she noticed that she was standing in a little shop with a very familiar person standing in front of her.

Maddie couldn't make out the voices but she recognised the woman from the holiday at Hillsdale. She was her father's sister, Ginny. Ginny was saying something to Nana. Maddie strained to hear what they were saying, but she couldn't hear a word they were saying. It was like watching the telly with the volume muted.

"Nana" Maddie tried to get her grandmother's attention.

Molly couldn't hear her though so Maddie turned her attention to Ginny. Ginny, however, was pointing her finger accusingly at Nana. Maddie watched in horror as her grandmother began to cry.

"Nana!" Maddie said, her little face crumpling as she tried to rush forward. "Don't be sad Nana!"

Something or someone held her back, but she couldn't see what it was.

"I have to help my Nana," Maddie tried to struggle away but couldn't.

"Shhhh," Maddie heard someone whisper in a comforting voice.

"No!" Maddie still tried to pull away. "Let me go!"

Ron, who had been stroking his daughter's hair as she slept, noticed that his little girl had grabbed on to his collar. "Maddie? Sweetheart, wake up..."

She awoke with a start, surprised now to see that she was back on her father's lap. "Daddy where's Nana?" she asked.

"She's at the Burrow baby," Ron said pushing her hair back. He saw how frightened she looked. "Hey, Maddie. Did you have a bad dream?"

Maddie opened her mouth to tell her father about it but shook her head. "It's okay Daddy."

Ron hugged her to him. "You sure, Madeline?"

"I'm okay," she nodded. She really wanted to tell Ethan- she had a strange feeling that he might understand but she knew he probably didn't want to hear about it. "Where did my crown go Daddy?"

"Right here," Ron said reaching around her to get it. "Didn't want it to get messed up while you slept."

"Thank you," Maddie sent her father a smile. "Do you think it's a pretty crown?"

"Not as pretty as the princess who wears it," he said placing it atop her head.

Maddie beamed. "I can't wait to put on my princess dress at home."

"That pretty pink and white one that Nana gave you for your birthday?" Ron asked her.

Maddie nodded. "And I have to make a wand too."

"I can help you with that," Ron told her. "When we get home."

"Really Daddy?" Maddie was happy that her father would help her. "That will be a lot of fun!"

"What are you two planning?" Luna asked coming back over to join them.

"Daddy's going to help me make a wand for my princess outfit," Maddie said happily.

"Is he now?" Luna asked.

"I'm going to try," Ron laughed.

"Without magic?" Luna asked him.

"Who said without magic?" Ron asked as the Potters and Greta came back into the room.

"I thought we were going to teach Maddie that you didn't always need to use magic," Luna told him.

"Why not Mummy?" Maddie asked innocently, looking at Ethan as he sat down on the other sofa.

"Because," Luna told her. "It's good to use your head and do some hard work every now and again instead of depending on magic to make things easier, Maddie."

"We can make it out of a stick right?" Maddie asked.

"Right," Luna said. "And I'm sure we can find some glitter and glue."

"Ethan I'm going to come over so we can play once I have my wand," Maddie said.

"Oh," Ethan said uncomfortably. "Okay."

"We'll have a lot of fun," she bubbled as they left the house. "Saffron is a good queen!"

"She certainly is," Hermione laughed. "She cries and we all come running."

"Mum liked my fort," Ethan said to his dad, trying to pull away from Maddie who wrapped her little hand around his arm.

"I was very impressed myself," Harry said. "And you did it all by yourself, too."

"I think it's a really neat castle," Maddie was trying to get back into the game.

"When Jon and Josh come home," Ethan said. "I'm going to see if they can help me build a really big one out in the backyard."

"I bet they'll let me help," Maddie sent a charming grin his way.

"It's going to be a boys only thing," Ethan said.

"Oh," Maddie said, looking down at the pavement.

"Do you know what we could do once your sisters are back from school?" Luna asked her daughter. "Something for just us girls?"

"What Mummy?" Maddie asked, releasing Ethan's arm.

"Maybe you, me, your sisters, Julie, and Aunt Hermione could all spend the day in Dublin," Luna suggested. "Or we could go down to Brighton for the day."

Maddie nodded. "Okay," she agreed, but not with the enthusiasm she'd had when talking about building a fort with Ethan.

"You think Josh and Jon would help me?" Ethan asked Ron. "If they won't be hanging out with their girlfriends that is."

"They do get pretty preoccupied when it comes to Allison and Lizzy," Ron said. "But I'm sure they'd take an afternoon to help you out."

"Great," Ethan said with a grin.

They decided to take the car into Muggle London and Ethan ended up sitting with Maddie in the back. He couldn't help noticing how quiet she was.

"Look," Ethan said taking pity on her. "I know you wanted to help me build my fort, but it's...are you okay?"

Maddie nodded, her thoughts alternating between the dream she'd had about her Nana and Ethan not wanting her help.

"If you really want to help with the fort," Ethan said. "I guess that'd be okay."

"Really?" Maddie asked, her blue eyes brightening a little. "You'd really want me to help?"

Ethan scratched the back of his neck, wondering what he was getting himself into. "Sure. We could always use an extra set of hands."

Maddie grinned. "That sounds like fun," she said. "I can climb a tree to put something up there!"

'I didn't know you liked to climb trees," Ethan said.

"I do it at home," Maddie said as they pulled into a restaurant. "We have a really big tree and I can get halfway up!"

"That's really cool," Ethan said impressed. "Not too many girls like to do stuff like that. There's these two girls that live next door to my grandparents and they cry if they get dirty. Can you believe that?"

"It's fun to get all dirty," Maddie giggled. "I like it!"

Ethan laughed. "Me too."

Harry looked back and smiled to see his son walking with Maddie, both of them laughing together. "Check that out," he said to Ron quietly. "I'm glad Ethan's finally being nice to her."

"Maddie seems to like it too," Ron said winking at his little girl.

"She's got such a crush on him," Harry said. "Hermione thinks it's so funny."

"You never know," Ron said. "Someday, they might wind up together. Fall in love...."

Harry laughed. "Not anytime in the near future. Ethan thinks girls are taboo."

"He's going to change his mind," Ron said quickening his step so he could hold the door for his wife. "After you my love..."

"Thank you Ronald," Luna smiled at him.

Ron grinned at her. "Just showing Harry how he should treat a lady."

"I beg your pardon," Harry sputtered. "I treat my wife very well!"

"You do?" Ron asked, pretending to think this over. He was enjoying this a little too much.

"Hermione," Harry said. "Tell him!"

Hermione who had been talking with Greta looked up nonplussed at her husband. "Tell him what?"

"That I treat you like gold," Harry said, balancing Saffron's little seat on his arm.

"Better than gold," she said smiling at him.

"See?" Harry asked Ron as he held the door open for Hermione, Greta, Ethan and Maddie.

"You always have to do me one better, don't you?" Ron asked him.

"Yes," Harry smirked. "Especially when you try to one up me Ronniekins."

"Let's just sit down and order," Ron said glaring at him.

"Right," Harry's smirk turned into a grin. "Are you hungry sweetheart?" he asked Maddie.

"Yes Uncle Harry," Maddie said. "I want spaghetti and anything I don't eat I want to save for Dolly!"

"Spaghetti eh?" Harry asked. "I'm sure we can get that for you love." he smiled at the little girl.

Hermione was glad that they'd chosen a Muggle restaurant. For one thing, no one was pointing and whispering at them. To everyone here, they were just normal, everyday people. It was nice to get away from all that even if it was for just a couple of hours.

They settled down in a big booth. Saffron was asleep in her carrier and Hermione couldn't help sneaking a glance at her daughter.

"I missed her so much today," Hermione whispered to Harry. "And Ethan. At one point, I closed my office door and cried."

Harry rubbed her arm comfortingly. "I wonder if you could take her in with you, when you have just a day you'll be in your office doing paperwork."

"I was thinking that too," Hermione said. "I remember a time when I thought that being Minister was all I ever wanted---that there was nothing more important than that. And then I met you, and we had Julie, and Ethan and now--Saffy."

"Family really becomes priority doesn't it?" Harry asked quietly, looking over at Ethan who was deep in discussion with Maddie who in turn was barely able to conceal her joy at having his attention. "At one point I thought I'd never live to have kids at all."

"But look at you now," Hermione said touching his cheek.

"All thanks to you," Harry said with a soft smile.

"You had something to do with it too," she told him.

"Hello rabbits," Ron said. "We're waiting to order here..."

"Shut it Ron," Harry said glaring at his friend. "You ruined a perfectly good moment."

"Like you haven't already had five today," Ron rolled his eyes. "I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry," Harry pointed out.

"Yes we'll you're always hor--" Ron started to retort.

Luna quickly grabbed a breadstick and stuffed it in Ron's mouth to stop him from saying what he was about to say.

"You have to be on your toes when you're married to Mr. Tactful here," Luna said with smug grin.

"I'm impressed Luna," Harry grinned. "You're quick."

"Not as fast as you, but I get by," Luna said grinning at him.

"How are the wedding preparations going for Chiaki and Toshio's wedding?" Greta asked. "That girl is going to make one beautiful bride."

"Aye she is," Harry agreed. "According to Cho, they're busy but everything's on schedule."

"Turned their house into wedding central, haven't they?" Luna asked.

"That's one way of putting it," Hermione smiled.

"We're going to have a busy few weeks ahead," Ron said. "The twins' graduation, moving them into their new flat, Chiaki's wedding."

"So you found them a flat?" Harry asked.

Luna nodded. "In Anna and Luke's old building."

"How lovely," Hermione said. "They had such a nice flat when they lived there."

"I know," Luna agreed. "And I think Josh and Jon will really like it. I just don't know if I'm ready to let them move out."

"Empty nest?" Hermione asked her friend with a smile.

"A little," Luna said. When Ron kicked her under the table, Luna blushed. "Okay, maybe a lot."

"I was a bit of the same way when Julie left," Hermione said. "But I had Saffy to keep my mind off things as well. And my little man over here."

"I was the one who couldn't let Julie go," Harry said. "I did everything in my power to get her to stay."

Ron laughed at him. "I remember when you put a spell on the door so it wouldn't open."

"She was my firstborn," Harry said defensively.

"Aye and she comes over what, three times a week?" Ron said with a grin.

"Five or six," Ethan corrected. "She'll stop by sometimes when school lets out."

"So she's never really gone," Ron replied.

"No," Harry said. He winked at Luna. "And I imagine your twins will be the same."

"During the year while Lizzy and Allison are away at school yes," Luna said with a soft smile.

Harry laughed. "They'll make time for you, Luna."

"I hope so," Luna said as their food arrived.

"Remember, Daddy. We're saving all the leftovers for Dolly," Maddie reminded him.

"Is Dolly your little girl's pet?" their waitress asked as she set their plates down.

"Yes," Maddie said. "It's my Cor--"

"Cornish game hen," Luna interjected. "Her Cornish game hen."

"I didn't know you could raise those as pets," the waitress said in awe. "That's really cool."

"She loves it," Ron interjected with a weak laugh.

"And your hen likes Italian food, does she?" the waitress asked winking at Maddie.

"Yes," Maddie nodded, looking at her parents in bewilderment.

"Cool," the waitress said. "So I can get you folks anything else?"

"No," Ron said. "Thank you."

"Enjoy," the waitress smiled.

"Daddy why did you say I have a hen?" Maddie asked.

"You remember how I told you about Muggles and how they don't really understand about our world, don't you?" Ron asked her.

"Oh," Maddie nodded. "I forgot Daddy."

"That's okay, sweetheart," Ron said patting her on the arm. "Sometimes, I forget too."

"About more than just the Muggle world," Harry muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Ron asked.

"Nothing," Harry grinned.